"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I didn't know where write this but there is an other interview here :

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/05/16/un-nouveau-depart

And i tried to make a translation :) I'm sorry if there are mistakes :/

He had to cancel his show at the International Balloon for medical reasons in 2007.Mika, colorful artist who does his own way, however, will have the chance to reconnect with his fans in Quebec this summer in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu."I was really happy to know that you invited me to go back," he said to the Journal. To to be forgiven, the artist account to be amazing to his fans, on August 15.

The British singer-songwriter - who speaks in perfect French - The singer-songwriter British - who speaks in perfect French - was felt to complete the first phase of reunion with his Quebec audience during his visit to the grand final of Star Academy in March.

"I never participates in this kind of show, he admits. But,when the production told me what she wanted to do, and when I saw how their approach was sincere, I felt they were not looking only to receive an artist on their shelf. They wanted to create something good. "

at the time of our interview, he was in London to put the finishing touches on his next album, he is also working on the design of his show.In addition stopping at Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Mika will visit many countries in Europe, and this, from June 17.

"The summer tours give me the opportunity to make music the center of the show. As we perform outside, we focus on the relationship between the public, music and me. This is not as dramatic as when we perform in an arena or theater. "

Experience Mika

The tour will also be the perfect opportunity for Mika to present the songs that will be on his third album The Origin of Love, which is expected at the end of the summer.

"I will test new songs but also sing the best songs on both discs before, he said. Having three albums, this is a new feeling. It really changes things. Now I can choose the songs that I believe are the best. "

The artist will revisited his biggest hits with a "new sound and new energy." For this, he will be accompanied by a new team of five musicians.

"I want the audience that comes to my concert is transported into another world for two hours, he said. If I want people to live a real experience, they begin to dance, then crying, then laughing, I just had a separation between spectacle and reality. It was always my thing. "

Mika said he loves make shows during festivals. "People are already immersed in a special atmosphere.

They are also already in their minds. "

Even if the focus will be on music, the artist promises a show that will be "visually delicious."

"We need people to be impressed and surprised. "

Album in construction

Mika, who said he had taken time to prepare his third album to make sure that it is successful, explains that this new album does not fall in the line of his first two albums Life in Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

"When I made my first record, I was in a bubble. I needed to feel certain things and getting lost in a fantasy world. It's been done without any commercial purpose, he says. What happened with the second album changed my life. People had told me during the creation of my first record, it was crap, but when they realized I was getting success, they asked me to do the same again. I then isolated. In six months, I wrote a beautiful album, but it was the continuation of the first. "

For the creation of The Origin of Love, Mika needed movement. Thus he found himself in Montreal, among others, where he worked with Nick Littlemore of the duo Empire of the Sun.

The artist, who also collaborated with Pharrell Williams and Klas Åhlund (Teddybears), has taken five months before returning home.

"I'm surrounded by very talented people. What results is music that will make people happy, he says. As a musician, I feel I have followed my own way. This album does not follow any fashion. It does not sound like anything you can hear on the radio.

The Origin of Love, which is expected at the end of the summer.

The release date was changed too many times, I won't believe it until someone confirms it :naughty: Anyway, I want to believe Sephira.. Three months sounds better than the end of the Summer :teehee:

The release date was changed too many times, I won't believe it until someone confirms it :naughty: Anyway, I want to believe Sephira.. Three months sounds better than the end of the Summer :teehee:

:mf_rosetinted: Three months practically is the end of summer.

:mf_rosetinted: Three months practically is the end of summer.

It's not, if May is one of these months :bleh: She said the list was for May-June-July :mf_rosetinted: And I'm a bit confused again, when exactly is the end of summer in the UK? Is it 21st of September? :aah:

It's not, if May is one of these months :bleh: She said the list was for May-June-July :mf_rosetinted: And I'm a bit confused again, when exactly is the end of summer in the UK? Is it 21st of September? :aah:

Oh right!!! :naughty:

I'm not really sure. I think it's around that time though. So we're probably expecting August/September/October. Maybe even later. Cos you know. :mf_rosetinted: It's Mika.

Oh right!!! :naughty:

I'm not really sure. I think it's around that time though. So we're probably expecting August/September/October. Maybe even later. Cos you know. :mf_rosetinted: It's Mika.

That's probably true :aah:

Why oh why can't I be a fan of a pop star who releases an album every year?? :crybaby:

Yes, 21st September is the Autumn Equinox. So it's officially Autumn after that.

In the UK, however, Summer is dependant on whether we see that big yellow thing in the sky, instead of seeing those huge black things that wee down on us!

We mainly see those big black things in the UK, so there is no actual Summer.

But at least we've got Mika's album to look forward to, whether that yellow thing shines, or not.

Yes, 21st September is the Autumn Equinox. So it's officially Autumn after that.

In the UK, however, Summer is dependant on whether we see that big yellow thing in the sky, instead of seeing those huge black things that wee down on us!

We mainly see those big black things in the UK, so there is no actual Summer.

But at least we've got Mika's album to look forward to, whether that yellow thing shines, or not.

I love your explanation :lmfao::lmfao:

But if I were a fan, I probably wouldn't care :naughty:

Well I certainly wouldn't care if everything else suffered so he could get music out faster. No album artwork, no big tour designs, etc. He can even put Fanny Ardant in a lame video, as long as there is more music. :naughty:

I understand artists need to take time off from touring, etc. for writing inspiration but I don't understand why so much time is spent on production especially when the live versions often end up sounding much better. The Beatles didn't take 3 years to make an album and I don't think many would argue that the quality suffered.

If he wrote a song with Nick Littlemore last January how can it possibly not be ready yet? :blink:

Well I certainly wouldn't care if everything else suffered so he could get music out faster. No album artwork, no big tour designs, etc. He can even put Fanny Ardant in a lame video, as long as there is more music. :naughty:

I wish he could give us the first single already.. It's almost June, for God's sake!! He surely must have finished at least one song from this album :aah:

I understand artists need to take time off from touring, etc. for writing inspiration but I don't understand why so much time is spent on production especially when the live versions often end up sounding much better. The Beatles didn't take 3 years to make an album and I don't think many would argue that the quality suffered.

This is a mystery to me too. Hopefully this album won't be overproduced, I wanna recognize Mika's voice when I hear it. :naughty:

If he wrote a song with Nick Littlemore last January how can it possibly not be ready yet? :blink:

Maybe it's because he loves spending time with Nick? :teehee:

At the moment,I just hope MIKA can release the new album before his 29th birthday.:aah::mikacool:

mika is getting :old::aah: so hope album will be out before he's really :old: .

And of course it explains why he calls Nick "bast@rd" when he leaves to meet Elton. Oh jealous Mika!!:aah:

:mikasweat::naughty::naughty:

I fear that yet again he has succumbed to trying to get everything perfect, and it will end up being over-produced again :sad:

It's the old problem of technology having made it possible to do far more than you ever could before. No-one stops to think about whether you should.

I fear that yet again he has succumbed to trying to get everything perfect, and it will end up being over-produced again :sad:

It's the old problem of technology having made it possible to do far more than you ever could before. No-one stops to think about whether you should.

This is my current nightmare.

They may have written more together :dunno: Also, Nick might be working on the production of more of the songs than was planned originally.

maybe.... over-produced by different over-producers though... (:naughty:)

and now seriously, I don't have that fear, actually. So many talented musicians must have cooked something good.:teehee:

At the moment,I just hope MIKA can release the new album before his 29th birthday.:aah::mikacool:

This made me panic!!! No! Mika can't age anymore. He's already 12 years older than me.:sneaky2:

They may have written more together :dunno: Also, Nick might be working on the production of more of the songs than was planned originally.

maybe.... over-produced by different over-producers though... (:naughty:)

and now seriously, I don't have that fear, actually. So many talented musicians must have cooked something good.:teehee:

too many cooks spoil the soup and so on?:mf_rosetinted:

he seems to put so much effort into it but I agree with silver : it will sound so much better live anyway.

what´s actually his management doing??? don´t they give him a deadline or sth?? ir is he completely his own boss? doesn´t his managers and whatever else he´s paying have trouble with him releasing toll mikasoon?