Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kath

MFC 5th Anniversary Auction

196 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have started this new thread to bring this auction to the attention of members who may not have seen the information in the main thread.

As many of you will know we are holding a party to celebrate the 5th anniversary of MFC on Saturday 7th January. http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25513 As part of the evening we are holding an auction to raise money for the London Air Ambulance.

If anyone would like to get involved in the bidding but won't be there on the night please contact me to make arrangements. You can either bid live by phone or someone can bid for you to a pre arranged maximum bid.

Items to be auctioned include:

A specially commissioned Oil painting of Mika. This has been painted by MFC member Jojotje. It is 50 cm by 60 cm. Reserve price £100

Two specially commissioned MFC anniversary T shirts handpainted by MFCer Andy Ferrari. I will include Andy's description - 'They are hand-drawn and handpainted cotton t-shirts, made mostly with Maimeri acrylic paints with a bit of fabric paint (and of course, a touch of glitter), and drawings were outlined with black permanent markers. The composition is based and interpreted from Mika and Da Wack's original artworks, and portrays a group of various characters from the two albums gathered around a 4 layer cake, with a feathered top-hat on top. Each layer portrays a period of time(LICM, TBWNTM, SfS and Imaginarium tour). You can see Mika arriving from the top right corner on a line of planets. It finishes on the bottom, top, and sides with the GK wheel, a colorful pagoda umbrella with a MFC sign, some cover artwork from LICM and ballons.' Impressive eh? Reserve price £30 each

A Korean edition mag/CD Kindly donated by Lamay Kang

A LuvLuvMi Tofu doll

An A3-size black and white graphite pencil portrait of Mika drawn for us by STEP. Reserve price £70

Original draft MFC birthday project t shirt kindly donated by Rose. Reserve price £10

A pair of Converse, originally owned by Mika and personalised by him. Reserve price £50 (Please note - this is not the item previously mentioned as being especially donated by Mika for this auction. These shoes were part of a previous charity auction and have been kindly donated to us to auction again. The letter of authenticity will be with the shoes.)

ltd.edition relax usb stick single kindly donated by Mellody

There will be others items offered on the night.

Payment for auction items. If you intend to bid on the night - either in person or by previous arrangement, please ensure that you have the means to pay for any item that you win. You can either pay in cash (Sterling) or pay online direct to the MFC page on the HEMS website. You won't be able to take your item away until you have paid for it.

Shown below are pictures of the Painting/the portrait/the handpainted t shirts and The Converse

post-640-142983696747_thumb.jpg

post-640-142983696752_thumb.jpg

post-640-142983696758_thumb.jpg

post-640-142983696759_thumb.jpg

Edited by kath

:shocked: Looks like I need to rob a bank :naughty:

Mr T didn't give me what I wanted for Christmas but I do have my eye on those converse.

:shocked: Looks like I need to rob a bank :naughty:

Yeah..................me too.

Don't worry, there will be items with no/lower reserves, so you may end up with something :naughty:

Don't worry, there will be items with no/lower reserves, so you may end up with something :naughty:

oh pfew :roftl:

i'm a bit scared though, now i'm the one taking that drawing to london :aah:

I am thinking of bringing a tin of meatballs to offer :thumb_yello:

I am thinking of bringing a tin of meatballs to offer :thumb_yello:

Well if Mika was to write on the tin 'I like meatballs' and sign it I might consider bidding for that. :teehee:

I know it's quite high for "only" a drawing. But I've been working on it for 70 hours (at the least!) so that makes 1£/hour. This might put things in perspective a bit more :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I know it's quite high for "only" a drawing. But I've been working on it for 70 hours (at the least!) so that makes 1£/hour. This might put things in perspective a bit more :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I don't think we're disputing the value of the items on offer, just bemoaning the fact that we may not be able to bid for the items we were interested in :naughty:

Well if Mika was to write on the tin 'I like meatballs' and sign it I might consider bidding for that. :teehee:

HMMM.....................now there's a thought - I might just pop out on Saturday morning with my tin of meatballs and go and track him down. :naughty: Then I would fight you for it. :wink2:

It's not "only" a drawing - it's a beautiful drawing. If I had drawn it it would be only a drawing. :naughty:

HMMM.....................now there's a thought - I might just pop out on Saturday morning with my tin of meatballs and go and track him down. :naughty: Then I would fight you for it. :wink2:

HMMM.. I might just pop out on Saturday morning with my tin of meatballs and go and track him down and not come back :teehee:

HMMM.. I might just pop out on Saturday morning with my tin of meatballs and go and track him down and not come back :teehee:

so we all have to stalk and follow you :wink2::roftl:

:naughty::roftl:

There will be a trail of women walking around London with a can of meatballs in their hands :teehee:

I have a question... I want to bid on something, but I won't be there (for obvious reasons). Do I need to pay money before the day or can I pay it as soon as I find out that I've won something?

I plan to pay silver through Paypal anyways, but I'd just like to know what the go is with payment if you're not going to be there.

I have a question... I want to bid on something, but I won't be there (for obvious reasons). Do I need to pay money before the day or can I pay it as soon as I find out that I've won something?

I plan to pay silver through Paypal anyways, but I'd just like to know what the go is with payment if you're not going to be there.

Hello :biggrin2: No, you don't need to pay in advance - it would be difficult if you don't know what you will be paying. Afterwards will be fine. Thank you :biggrin2:

Please note reduction in reserve price of Converse.

It's not "only" a drawing - it's a beautiful drawing. If I had drawn it it would be only a drawing. :naughty:

i agere with you :aah:

Will the items be on display at the event, so we can choose?

It will all be on display during the afternoon

It will all be on display during the afternoon

Including various cans of meatballs :mf_rosetinted: