And the Winner of the AMAZING Golden Ticket Is...

dcdeb

If that's all we wanted, then we would have just had a random drawing of every MFC member who's been here for 5 years -- and that would have eliminated a LOT of MFCers, wouldn't it? And I expect that

we would have had some serious complaining about that as well. :dunno:

:

No we wouldn't... :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

So I would hope people would be graceful about this, especially when the rules were clear when the raffle started and no one objected to them at the time.

True!

We all knew the rules from the beginning, and that there was a chance that the winner was not someone we knew well. But hey, that's life! :dunno:

Maybe in the future we'll have more opportunities like this one! Let's just remember we helped a good cause and proved how generous Mika fans can be! :wink2:

I hope Karla and her friend enjoy the experience and share it with us afterwards! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kids, this is what we call dealing with disappointments. It would be nice if we could all be a bit more graceful and be happy for others for a change. If I were Karla, I'd just say feck you all at MFC, I'm going to Vegas!

As Deb says, it's never going to be ok. If I or say Tiibet would have won it would be unfair, if Christine or Deb had it would be unfair. Who says Karla is not a big Mika fan? You don't have to be a member here to be a big fan. Just be happy for others for a change.

Congrats Karla!

Kids, this is what we call dealing with disappointments. It would be nice if we could all be a bit more graceful and be happy for others for a change. If I were Karla, I'd just say feck you all at MFC, I'm going to Vegas!

As Deb says, it's never going to be ok. If I or say Tiibet would have won it would be unfair, if Christine or Deb had it would be unfair. Who says Karla is not a big Mika fan? You don't have to be a member here to be a big fan. Just be happy for others for a change.

Congrats Karla!

or god forbid... a fan from France who just saw 10 shows in her own country :aah:

so... anyways....

Just FYI...

I have just heard from Karla and she is ecstatic! She used multiple

exclamation points and says that this has made her whole year! :biggrin2:

I hope that she's going to stop by MFC when she gets a chance :thumb_yello:

(That work thing gets in the way, you know...) :wink2:

or god forbid... a fan from France who just saw 10 shows in her own country :aah:

so... anyways....

How dare that person go see Mika if he/she has the opportunity! What about all those fans who can't see him at all? So inconsiderate!

Anyways, I know how it feels when you get something others want and so I'm the b*tch for getting it. I assume the majority here is mature enough to not moan about it.

Just FYI...

Darn work!:naughty:

Hope she comes on to share her excitement:wub2:

:yay: :yay:

I entered some random competition when I was 14 to go to Australia and meet Rick Springfield. I was so sure it was going to happen but of course it didn't. :roftl: I can't imagine the surprise of winning something like this. Must be awesome.

Just FYI...

It would be really nice if she could post an introductory thread so that we knew a little about her.

I think my earlier expressed disappointment was not about Karla personally, but the fear that the winner would be someone who never posted and never gave us the chance of hearing about the experience :sad:

If and when Mika finally tours :mf_rosetinted:

Congrats Karla!

Not sure if It was you or Tiibet that others fans from MFC were disappointed because you enter MFC not for the golden ticket.

I'm a Mika fan since January 2007, subscribed to MFC only in 2009 because I don't really like some threads in 2007 and 2008 about Mika's private life:sneaky2: I met fans during gigs who were really nice and want to share with others fans my passion for Mika's music and finally I enter MFC, Mika France and Mika Website, and not for subscribing for contest of any sort.

I just point the fact that some people subscribe to MFC just for the golden ticket, if they are Mika fan or not. Not pure intention that's all. We fundraised a first time without any golden ticket. May be I'm to idealist but the best way to have new faithful members it's during gigs when MFC fans speaks to others fans not yet members. We are the best ad with Mika for MFC :biggrin2:

But congratulation again to Karla and really hope that she will participate on MFC.

It would be really nice if she could post an introductory thread so that we knew a little about her.

I think my earlier expressed disappointment was not about Karla personally, but the fear that the winner would be someone who never posted and never gave us the chance of hearing about the experience :sad:

That was my disappointment too. i'm really curious & hope she introduces herself :thumb_yello:

Just FYI...

That's good to hear. I hope to see her here too. :wink2:

I totally get that, Silver, trust me. I've asked her to come visit here,

and to remember to take lots of photos and share with us when she gets

back. I hope she will!

But congratulation again to Karla and really hope that she will participate on MFC.

Thanks, Eva. I certainly understand what you're saying.

And I agree with you that we are the best ad for Mika and the MFC!

Absolutely! :thumb_yello:

Not sure if It was you or Tiibet that others fans from MFC were disappointed because you enter MFC not for the golden ticket.

I'm a Mika fan since January 2007, subscribed to MFC only in 2009 because I don't really like some threads in 2007 and 2008 about Mika's private life:sneaky2: I met fans during gigs who were really nice and want to share with others fans my passion for Mika's music and finally I enter MFC, Mika France and Mika Website, and not for subscribing for contest of any sort.

I just point the fact that some people subscribe to MFC just for the golden ticket, if they are Mika fan or not. Not pure intention that's all. We fundraised a first time without any golden ticket. May be I'm to idealist but the best way to have new faithful members it's during gigs when MFC fans speaks to others fans not yet members. We are the best ad with Mika for MFC :biggrin2:

Well, that is how these things go. In order to raise a lot of money, a lot of people have to be involved. The fact that she donated 10 pounds or even more says enough about her willingness to win this prize. I am a moderator at the Katy Perry Forum and people join all the time just the win meet&greets. As regular users can only win once, it means that these people are necessary to hold a contest and if they like the place, they will stick around. Regardless of if she just joined to enter the competition or not, she did, she's a Mika fan and we should not force anyone to do anything he/she doesn't want. If she doesn't want to post, that is her right and we should respect that and be grateful that we got this opportunity in the first place.

I'm not sure why my name was mentioned already twice and I haven't said a word in this thread :naughty:

I thought that mentioning MFC and fundraising together was like a gesture from Mika. It was very generous from him to donate for the raffle to celebrate MFC 5 years anniversary. Secondly, asking people to register on MFC when donating was not only practical but also gave a feeling of MFC as his official fanclub.

This was a raffle. As long as it's properly done it's always fair, no matter Karla, Ingie of Deb wins. Everyone taking part was registered on mfc? I really can't see what's the problem :blink:

A nice amount of money was donated to the London Air Ambulance (which saved Paloma's life and has a special meaning to every Mika fan) :thumb_yello: Congrats Karla!!!! Enjoy your prize :biggrin2:

Edited by tiibet

We fundraised a first time without any golden ticket. May be I'm to idealist but the best way to have new faithful members it's during gigs when MFC fans speaks to others fans not yet members. We are the best ad with Mika for MFC :biggrin2:

Yes I agree that's one of the best ways to get to know people and encourage them to come here.

I'm not sure why my name was mentioned already twice and I haven't said a word in this thread :naughty:

I thought that mentioning MFC and fundraising together was like a gesture from Mika. It was very generous from him to donate for the raffle to celebrate MFC 5 years anniversary. Secondly, asking people to register on MFC when donating was not only practical but also gave a feeling of MFC as his official fanclub.

This was a raffle. As long as it's properly done it's always fair, no matter Karla, Ingie of Deb wins. Everyone taking part was registered on mfc? I really can't see what's the problem :blink:

A nice amount of money was donated to the London Air Ambulance (which saved Paloma's life and has a special meaning to every Mika fan) :thumb_yello: Congrats Karla!!!! Enjoy your prize :biggrin2:

I think about you all the time and that's why I mentioned you:mf_rosetinted::wub2:

Congrats Karla! How shocked she must have been when she learnt about this?!

I think I would still be staring at my email box with eyes wide open :shocked:.

Enjoy your win and your trip to one of Mika's shows! :groupwave:

I don't see no problem at all. Was kinda surprised when I logged onto the forum today and read some of the comments....

The whole thing was great. Giving something and having the chance of winnig such an amazing prize. :thumb_yello: