And the Winner of the AMAZING Golden Ticket Is...

dcdeb

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations Karla :yay:

I hope you and your daughter have an amazing trip wherever you decide to go. :yay:

Thanks again to Deb, Christine and all the mods who put so much hard work into this.

Please everyone, don't think for one minute that it is easy to make the decisions that have to be made regarding all the issues of who things are to be open to, rules regarding entry etc etc. And the phrase 'you can't please all of the people all of the time' has never been truer than in a situation like this. As has been said - no matter what the outcome - there would have been some unhappy people.

Personally I think this whole thing has been handled magnificently. It was a massive prize and ultimately, although the anniversary may well have been the catalyst - the ultimate aim was to raise money for a very worthwhile cause.

Everyone that made a £10 donation was as worthy a potential winner as everyone else.

Congratulations MFC. I, for one, am very very proud of us all.

Edited by kath

Thanks! Italy is beautiful and definitely one of my favorite places especially the Almalfi Coast but I would love to see somewhere new. I will get back to Italy eventually. We are anxiously waiting for the places he will play. We both LOVE Mika! Even though I am new to the fan club I am not new to Mika or his music. I appreciate all the kind words and wishes and I hope people weren't upset. I read some posts that made it sound like people were not happy but I really have been a fan for years. =)

Thanks! Italy is beautiful and definitely one of my favorite places especially the Almalfi Coast but I would love to see somewhere new.

That's how I felt about it too. I would have chosen Australia, Asia, the Middle East or eastern Europe because (except for Japan) I have not been. I can go to western Europe on my own dime but if Mika is paying it may as well be Hong Kong :roftl:

Even though I am new to the fan club I am not new to Mika or his music.

Yes if you saw Mika at the Wiltern and are still following him closely I have no doubt you have been a fan as long or even longer than most of the active members of MFC :wink2:

I appreciate all the kind words and wishes and I hope people weren't upset. I read some posts that made it sound like people were not happy but I really have been a fan for years. =)

Honestly I think the only real disappointment was thinking we couldn't share in your excitement because you weren't posting here already. I'm so glad you decided to come by and I can't wait to hear where you end up going! I guess it's going to be a tough decision because Mika's tours tend to leak out in bits and pieces rather than the whole world at one time. It will be a bit like Let's Make a Deal. Do you want to stick with door #1 or trade it for what's behind door #2 :aah::roftl:

Thanks everyone!!! I'm soooooo excited! It's the best news I've had in forever!!!

Hi Karla! Congrats on your win and welcome to MFC!

Australia is nice, I recommend a trip here!:naughty: Well of course we don't know yet which countries he is going to tour, but WOW! What a great opportunity, your daughter must be over the moon too!:wink2:

Well that's a bit of a sly suggestion! :naughty: I agree with it of course, but defo sly!

Oh I was at the Palladium gig too. It WAS awesome! :mf_lustslow:

Where do you think you'll go? I think I would have chosen Asia or Australia.

*points to Oz*

I saw him at the Wiltern in February 2008 and the Palladium was in October I think the year was 2009. I've never been to Australia but if it's anything like New Zealand it is more than nice. =)

Australia's very nice, and plenty of friendly people here too. I may be biased though :fisch:

• 9 months later...
I will definitely take pictures and post my experience. I just told my daughter and she is ecstatic. We have only seen Mika twice since he doesn't make it to LA often but both times were incredible. Thanks again for all the great remarks. =)

Any news now,after the tour it's over?

• 7 months later...

I promised that I would check back in once I booked the trip and I have not forgotten. It's been quite a tragic year for our family so it's taken us a while to pick a place. We are now ready to move forward and we have booked our trip! We leave for Budapest on Thursday to see Mika the Sziget Festival. We have extended the trip so we will also be visiting Vienna and Prague. We are excited beyond words and are really looking forward to the show. I will check back in once we get back. =)

I promised that I would check back in once I booked the trip and I have not forgotten. It's been quite a tragic year for our family so it's taken us a while to pick a place. We are now ready to move forward and we have booked our trip! We leave for Budapest on Thursday to see Mika the Sziget Festival. We have extended the trip so we will also be visiting Vienna and Prague. We are excited beyond words and are really looking forward to the show. I will check back in once we get back. =)

:thumb_yello: How great that you got this opportunity! :blush-anim-cl: Both Vienna and Prague are lovely cities - you really have something to look forward to! :wink2: Hope you will enjoy both the MIKA gig, and your european holiday - look forward to your report! :wub2:

Love,love

me

Glad you have something booked and sorry you've had a difficult year ... hope you have a fabulous time :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the updates, I'm glad you choose Budapest.I'm sure you'll enjoy the gig,and I hope to meet you there :wink2:

Looking forward to hear from you!

Sorry to hear your family had a rough time this year:huglove:

It's so nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear you and your family had a difficult time. I hope you enjoy your Mika gig and that you will have a wonderful time in Vienna and Prague too. I'm looking forward to read your report.

Have fun. :thumb_yello:

• 4 weeks later...

The trip was AMAZING! Everything worked out perfectly. We arrived in Budapest and made our way to our hotel which was right in the middle of everything. We stepped out the door to the Hop On Hop Off tour so we could see the entire city.

The festival is awesome! It's a lot like Coachella but the people were a lot more fun! What can I say about Mika? He is one performer that always puts on an incredible show and each one is a favorite for completely different reasons. This show was no exception. He played all of our favorites and the crowd was insane! We were pleasantly surprised that the tickets included meeting Mika! My daughter and I both agree that Mika was exactly how you want famous people to be! He took pictures with us and sat for a long while talking about his tour, things he is working on, the countries we were visiting and gave us tips on what to do at each location. He is vary gracious and we know it couldn't have been easy after just getting off the stage. I am so lucky that I got to share this once in a lifetime experience with my daughter.

We continued our trip by taking the train to Vienna and then to Prague. We saw all the sights and walked until we fell into bed each night. We took tours but to get the real feel for the cities you need to walk on your own. We saw castles, churches, woods, cities, ruins, monuments, strange and wonderful stores and cafes that served delicious cakes and coffees. We took cruises down the Danube and Vltava. I could go on and on and not capture how lovely our trip was. It was definitely a dream come true.

post-25188-142983700784_thumb.jpg

The trip was AMAZING! Everything worked out perfectly. We arrived in Budapest and made our way to our hotel which was right in the middle of everything. We stepped out the door to the Hop On Hop Off tour so we could see the entire city.

The festival is awesome! It's a lot like Coachella but the people were a lot more fun! What can I say about Mika? He is one performer that always puts on an incredible show and each one is a favorite for completely different reasons. This show was no exception. He played all of our favorites and the crowd was insane! We were pleasantly surprised that the tickets included meeting Mika! My daughter and I both agree that Mika was exactly how you want famous people to be! He took pictures with us and sat for a long while talking about his tour, things he is working on, the countries we were visiting and gave us tips on what to do at each location. He is vary gracious and we know it couldn't have been easy after just getting off the stage. I am so lucky that I got to share this once in a lifetime experience with my daughter.

We continued our trip by taking the train to Vienna and then to Prague. We saw all the sights and walked until we fell into bed each night. We took tours but to get the real feel for the cities you need to walk on your own. We saw castles, churches, woods, cities, ruins, monuments, strange and wonderful stores and cafes that served delicious cakes and coffees. We took cruises down the Danube and Vltava. I could go on and on and not capture how lovely our trip was. It was definitely a dream come true.

awww thank you so much for sharing with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. :blush-anim-cl:

How long did you stay in Europe?

Seems like memories you will cherish for a lifetime:huglove:

I love your report and the bolded part even more :thumb_yello:

Karla! I am so happy to see your report here! And thrilled to learn that not only was Mika so very gracious with you, but that you had the chance to really see a bit of Europe as well. Thank you so much for coming here to share your story with us! :hug:

Oh wow what an awesome awesome trip!!! Salzburg and Prague are near the top of my list of places I'd most love to visit and would certainly take Vienna in place of Salzburg if I had to! Would love to see Budapest as well. Guess I will have to settle for a visit from a Hungarian friend next week instead.

Thanks so much for sharing everything Karla and I'm so glad you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves and it all worked out perfectly. I had always hoped the prize would include a M&G in the end but it wasn't something we could promise during the raffle especially when you don't know where and when the gig will take place. It must have made things extra special to get to chat with Mika.

Thank you Karla for sharing your experience with us. I am so delighted to read that it all worked out so well for you. That's great that you were able to enjoy a longer holiday too. Your chat with Mika sounds great! :thumb_yello::mikalove:

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful experience with us here! :thumb_yello: I've been at these places myself, and know what you're talking about - it's like a dream! :blush-anim-cl: And you really got it all - even an amazing gig, topped with a nice chat with MIKA!! :mikadas: What more could there be to wish for !? :wub2:

Love,love

me