I watched the first episode this week with my sister, and we really liked it, so just after finishing that one we started watching another :aah:

I can't say that I'm a Sherlockian yet, because I haven't even finished the first season, but it seems to be an interesting show, my friend suggested me to watch it about a month ago, but sadly I was like 'meh...' until now :blush-anim-cl:

I watched the first episode this week with my sister, and we really liked it, so just after finishing that one we started watching another :aah:

I can't say that I'm a Sherlockian yet, because I haven't even finished the first season, but it seems to be an interesting show, my friend suggested me to watch it about a month ago, but sadly I was like 'meh...' until now :blush-anim-cl:

It's always people like "meh" and then become crazy fans :naughty:

You all probably already know this...but here :teehee:

Ahead of series two, co-creator Steven Moffat told BBC News there was "no guarantee we'll be bringing him back".

But on Sunday night, Moffat wrote on Twitter: "Of course there's going to be a third series - it was commissioned at the same time as the second. Gotcha!"

It was watched by an average audience of 7.9 million overnight figures show.

That compared with the 8.8 million average audience of the opening episode on New Year's Day.

The modern take on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's detective tales stars Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role.

'Complete freedom'

Moffat's co-creator Mark Gatiss also wrote on Twitter: "Gotcha! And of course there'll be a third series!"

Continue reading the main story

Conan Doyle's The Final Problem, published in 1893, ended with Holmes and his arch-enemy Professor Moriarty apparently falling to their deaths at the Reichenbach Falls in Switzerland.

Conan Doyle later resurrected his hero.

Sunday night's episode was called The Reichenbach Fall. In interviews in December to promote the show - which also stars Martin Freeman as Holmes' sidekick Doctor Watson - Moffat, Gatiss and cast members had hinted the second series could be the last.

Asked by BBC News, how much freedom writers had to move away from the plot of Conan Doyle's original stories, Moffat said: "Complete freedom. It's like telling the story again so there's no guarantee we'll be bringing him back."

And asked if there would be a third series in an interview published by website Digital Spy last week, Moffat replied: "If he survives."

There is no indication of when the third series would be transmitted, but it is likely to be next year at the earliest, as its stars are both involved in major Hollywood movies.

Cumberbatch was recently cast as the villain in the new Star Trek film, while Freeman is currently shooting The Hobbit in New Zealand.

However, Freeman has signalled his willingness to return, telling the BBC's Graham Norton Show: "It's one of the few things I've done ever really where I think 'I'd like to do a lot of these'".

"It's a very nice way to spend your time.

"The hope, the plan, is that we will do a third series."

The latest, three-part series of Sherlock has been lauded by critics.

The Guardian's Sam Wollaston said Sunday night's episode was, at times "faithful to Sir ACD's The Final Problem, then it will wander, taking in mobile phone technology and computer hacking and what have you".

"But it doesn't feel like cheating; more like an open relationship, agreed by both parties."

The Daily Telegraph's Sarah Crompton said Cumberbatch was "riding the wave of what has been a triumph".

• 3 weeks later...

Not just Benedict, but the whole team was there ! "Presenting Sherlock to America" sounds strange to me, `cause I`ve seen all 6 episodes for a million times by this moment. And they`ve just started . Poor things:naughty:

I know this is not about Sherlock, but you should listen to this. It's :swoon:

I read somewhere a comment "When I grow up I want to be his voice!" :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]TdphtMWjies[/YOUTUBE]

John Keats. 1795–1821

624. Ode to a Nightingale

MY heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains

My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk,

Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains

One minute past, and Lethe-wards had sunk:

'Tis not through envy of thy happy lot, 5

But being too happy in thine happiness,

That thou, light-wingèd Dryad of the trees,

In some melodious plot

Of beechen green, and shadows numberless,

Singest of summer in full-throated ease. 10

O for a draught of vintage! that hath been

Cool'd a long age in the deep-delvèd earth,

Tasting of Flora and the country-green,

Dance, and Provençal song, and sunburnt mirth!

O for a beaker full of the warm South! 15

Full of the true, the blushful Hippocrene,

With beaded bubbles winking at the brim,

And purple-stainèd mouth;

That I might drink, and leave the world unseen,

And with thee fade away into the forest dim: 20

Fade far away, dissolve, and quite forget

What thou among the leaves hast never known,

The weariness, the fever, and the fret

Here, where men sit and hear each other groan;

Where palsy shakes a few, sad, last grey hairs, 25

Where youth grows pale, and spectre-thin, and dies;

Where but to think is to be full of sorrow

And leaden-eyed despairs;

Where beauty cannot keep her lustrous eyes,

Or new Love pine at them beyond to-morrow. 30

Away! away! for I will fly to thee,

Not charioted by Bacchus and his pards,

But on the viewless wings of Poesy,

Though the dull brain perplexes and retards:

Already with thee! tender is the night, 35

And haply the Queen-Moon is on her throne,

Cluster'd around by all her starry Fays

But here there is no light,

Save what from heaven is with the breezes blown

Through verdurous glooms and winding mossy ways. 40

I cannot see what flowers are at my feet,

Nor what soft incense hangs upon the boughs,

But, in embalmèd darkness, guess each sweet

Wherewith the seasonable month endows

The grass, the thicket, and the fruit-tree wild; 45

White hawthorn, and the pastoral eglantine;

Fast-fading violets cover'd up in leaves;

And mid-May's eldest child,

The coming musk-rose, full of dewy wine,

The murmurous haunt of flies on summer eves. 50

Darkling I listen; and, for many a time

I have been half in love with easeful Death,

Call'd him soft names in many a musèd rhyme,

To take into the air my quiet breath;

Now more than ever seems it rich to die, 55

To cease upon the midnight with no pain,

While thou art pouring forth thy soul abroad

In such an ecstasy!

Still wouldst thou sing, and I have ears in vain—

To thy high requiem become a sod. 60

Thou wast not born for death, immortal Bird!

No hungry generations tread thee down;

The voice I hear this passing night was heard

In ancient days by emperor and clown:

Perhaps the self-same song that found a path 65

Through the sad heart of Ruth, when, sick for home,

She stood in tears amid the alien corn;

The same that ofttimes hath

Charm'd magic casements, opening on the foam

Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn. 70

Forlorn! the very word is like a bell

To toll me back from thee to my sole self!

Adieu! the fancy cannot cheat so well

As she is famed to do, deceiving elf.

Adieu! adieu! thy plaintive anthem fades 75

Past the near meadows, over the still stream,

Up the hill-side; and now 'tis buried deep

In the next valley-glades:

Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Fled is that music:—do I wake or sleep? 80

It is called Post-Reichenbach syndrome :huglove: I'm still not cured.

I'll never be :mf_rosetinted: when I saw The Reichenbach Fall, I was screaming and I scared my mom :blush-anim-cl: I saw it on january and I want series 3 NOW

tumblr_ly06iuaSp11r25k3z.gif

Why haven't I found out about this thread before? I love BBC's screen version of Sherlock Holmes. One of the best series I've ever seen :wub2:

I'm (totally) Sherlocked!

- In both ways. :teehee:

hey everybody :bye:...i know i'm late, i just found this thread and i wanted to proudly say i'm a Sherlokian too, so Dreamy Queen please count me in :biggrin2:

(btw congrats for opening this thread :thumb_yello:)

i've seen both series and i can easily declare myself as "cumberbatched" or, as fan girls call themselves "cumberb*tches":naughty:

as Mika is giving us so much time to spare :mikacool:, i use it to watch everything Benny has made...and there's quite a long list, but i strongly recommend: FortySomething (series), The Last Enemy (series) and Third Star (film)...you can find them on good old youtube :wink2:

Benedict is an amazing actor with an amazing voice and i'm sure we're going to see a lot more of him :wub2:

omg, best pic ever

Thanks to Sherlock I want ugly jumpers, a blue scarf, a purple shirt of sex and a hedgehog...

I've got some things from this list :mf_rosetinted:

y_7cc0ddb4.jpg

Why haven't I found out about this thread before? I love BBC's screen version of Sherlock Holmes. One of the best series I've ever seen

I'm (totally) Sherlocked!

- In both ways.

:bye: Nice to see you here!

hey everybody ..i know i'm late, i just found this thread and i wanted to proudly say i'm a Sherlokian too, so Dreamy Queen please count me in

(btw congrats for opening this thread )

i've seen both series and i can easily declare myself as "cumberbatched" or, as fan girls call themselves "cumberb*tches":naughty:

as Mika is giving us so much time to spare :mikacool:, i use it to watch everything Benny has made...and there's quite a long list, but i strongly recommend: FortySomething (series), The Last Enemy (series) and Third Star (film)...you can find them on good old youtube :wink2:

Benedict is an amazing actor with an amazing voice and i'm sure we're going to see a lot more of him :wub2:

He really does! And, after today's news about not finishing the album, he risks a lot :naughty:

In the 2 month time I managed to watch all the films with Benedict (some of them, very few, only the scenes with him - where he has only little episodes). I watched even documentaries such as Van Gogh and Rattingan Enigma, so you can count me as a crazy demented cumberb*tch too :aah::naughty:

Have you watched Hawking and To the End of the Earth? It is stunning as well!

I`m not proud (also not sorry) to say that I`ve spent some good time watching fanvideos on Youtube (I recommend MsSherlocked`s :thumb_yello: ) and even though all of them are amazing ( most of them heartbreaking), this is my favourite I just feel like it belongs here :naughty:

Uhu, I saw the other vids of this girl! This one is her as well:

[YOUTUBE]xOdXDm7fV0g[/YOUTUBE]

My faves are the one I posted before

[YOUTUBE]IdrKOTFLS3c[/YOUTUBE]

and these ones:

[YOUTUBE]OtGGpQtIfZQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]AN8QZZplD1Q[/YOUTUBE]

Uhu, I saw the other vids of this girl! This one is her as well:

[YOUTUBE]xOdXDm7fV0g[/YOUTUBE]

My faves are the one I posted before

[YOUTUBE]IdrKOTFLS3c[/YOUTUBE]

and these ones:

[YOUTUBE]OtGGpQtIfZQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]AN8QZZplD1Q[/YOUTUBE]

All of those videos are brilliant, how did you find them?

And they makes me thirst after Sherlock even more. :teehee:

God! as soon as I'll come home I have to watch the first season again. And I really need to buy the second one too. The Reichenbach Fall episode was fantastic! :wub2:

Just one question to all of you who have seen that episode, and a spoiler warning to everyone else, how do you think Sherlock faked his own death?

All of those videos are brilliant, how did you find them?

And they makes me thirst after Sherlock even more. :teehee:

God! as soon as I'll come home I have to watch the first season again. And I really need to buy the second one too. The Reichenbach Fall episode was fantastic! :wub2:

Just one question to all of you who have seen that episode, and a spoiler warning to everyone else, how do you think Sherlock faked his own death?

I saw a lot of fan vids (and I bookmark them), and I gather fan drawings.

There is a great vid of this girl of Benedict's the Third Star

[YOUTUBE]F-VS3Z8mHiQ[/YOUTUBE]

As for the Sherlock, no doubt it has to be something with Molly. But I read so many theories, that finally I found all of them untrustworthy.

Moffat said tha the key is in Sherlock's untypical behaviour. Crying? Maybe. Caring? Dunno... So, I really have no decent idea about how he survived :dunno:

I want to say that Third Star make me cry :mf_rosetinted: and I've seen MsSherlocked's videos :aah: Oh, this is one (well, two :aah:)of my favorites fanvideos:

[YOUTUBE]qgVtpujQU3k[/YOUTUBE]

and

[YOUTUBE]cUx32esYlgM[/YOUTUBE]

I saw a lot of fan vids (and I bookmark them), and I gather fan drawings.

There is a great vid of this girl of Benedict's the Third Star

[YOUTUBE]F-VS3Z8mHiQ[/YOUTUBE]

As for the Sherlock, no doubt it has to be something with Molly. But I read so many theories, that finally I found all of them untrustworthy.

Moffat said tha the key is in Sherlock's untypical behaviour. Crying? Maybe. Caring? Dunno... So, I really have no decent idea about how he survived :dunno:

I haven't seen the Third Star but that video, which is great btw, really makes me want to see it. Is it good?

Well, I haven't read any theories just watched this one: [YOUTUBE]nrhWfuw9Pqs[/YOUTUBE]

which I think makes sense. The only thing I find a bit annoying is that I think the truck is too far away to be able to jump to, but nothing is impossible with sherlock.

But has this idea some connection to Sherlock's untypical behavior and what is the untypical behavior?

Too many questions, no answers and the third season will be film in 2013. It drives me crazy.