Make You Happy - Song and Lyrics Discussion

Don't know if this is the right place for posting this but... :blush-anim-cl:

Just saw it on twitter, MYH vid has been selected in the short film category among 19 other clips

Good luck :crossed:

Du 27 septembre au 4 octobre 2013 aura lieu le Festival International du Film Francophone de Namur. Le clip de Mika « Make You Happy », réalisé par Iouri-Philippe Paillé, est sélectionné dans la catégorie courts métrages parmi 19 autres clips

[YOUTUBE]l9YeRSsMmak[/YOUTUBE]

Just read on the festival's twitter that the winner was "Papaoutai", by Stromae

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Has anyone figured this out yet?! :teehee: Or can I just not find the post where it is?

This edit specifically:

Not sure what your question is? :blink:

she wanted to know if we have already listened to the Miami version of MYH

@Moongirl15 lyrics of this edit are on first post ;)

• 2 years later...

To save me searching through 26 pages of posts, i'm just gonna write here (apologies if there's rules on bumping, I was advised to post here)

I'm looking for the full lyrics of the miami/studio edit version, there's a part of the song (towards the end where the two versions mentioned seem to branch off a fair bit) which I can't seem to understand due to backing vocals.

So, towards the end of the song, the main version of MYH (the version with the music video) has the following lyrics which repeat:

'Never gonna give you up
Never gonna sort you out
When's it gonna hit ya?
I'm never gonna let you down'

alongside the above lyrics you have the main chorus:

'All I wanna do is make you happy
All I wanna do is make you happy
All I wanna do is make you happy'

However, in the studio edit you have the main chorus followed by some extra lyrics, I've tried focusing on these extra lyrics to try and make out what Mika's saying, as well as comparing other sites/videos allegedly displaying all the lyrics, and I have the following lyrics, I don't even know if these are correct but this is the closest I've got (anything with a '?' is a part I'm not particularly sure about):

Only wanna walk this way,

never gonna make you pay,

only gonna getcha,

i'll never be a real boy

gonna make you satisfied

never gonna leave your side

never gonna go away

cause you know you can count on me?

only wanna get you up

never gonna let this die

what's it gonna take me

I'll never let you break me

take me for that one new chance

pick me from what's left of us?

keep me as the same style

I just wanna get your way

I downloaded the song in an attempt to isolate the vocals, but there's still some music/backing vocals in the way. This version i edited is attached.

Would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction regarding the above lyrics

Thanks

- Final

MIKA_-_Make_You_Happy_(Miami_Edit).wav

Edited by Finalninjadog
Uploaded file

Well from what I can see of the discussions, nobody can work out what the exact lyrics are because they are so hard to make out.  And I suspect that Mika might have ad-libbed on the playout so I bet he can't remember what they are either.

Yeah, seems like there's not a widely agreed set of lyrics for that section of the song. I wonder if there's a reliable way to get in contact with Mika (or whoever answers the questions for him), to see if there's an official answer.

• 3 years later...
20 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

:dunno: I hope it has nothing to do with what happened to San Remo in TikTok

I'm not so updated in relation to Mika news, what happened???

11 minutes ago, BiaIchihara said:

I'm not so updated in relation to Mika news, what happened???

As I read on twitter there was a hashtag #justiceforsanremo. It seems they removed the video on TikTok because nudity and sexual activity. That's all I know. 

• 1 year later...

I was looking for the lyrics for the Miami Edit of Make You Happy in the comprehensive lyrics thread and noticed something.

I think the two songs are swapped, so the lyrics for the "Miami Edit" are actually under "LA Edit" and vice versa.

Also I wanted to add that the Miami Edit lyrics are missing the bridge / middle eight. But I just read in this thread that that's because no one can decipher them which is fair and the reason I was looking for them in the first place :D

6 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

I was looking for the lyrics for the Miami Edit of Make You Happy in the comprehensive lyrics thread and noticed something.

I think the two songs are swapped, so the lyrics for the "Miami Edit" are actually under "LA Edit" and vice versa.

Also I wanted to add that the Miami Edit lyrics are missing the bridge / middle eight. But I just read in this thread that that's because no one can decipher them which is fair and the reason I was looking for them in the first place :D

I’ve been trying to figure those lyrics out too. I have to admit I’m kind of glad that others have already tried so I can give up :angelnot:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

I think you're right - they do seem to have got swapped round :shocked:

EDIT:  now corrected.  And we still can't decipher the lyrics.  I doubt if even Mika knows what he sang :naughty:

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

• dcdeb changed the title to Make You Happy - Song and Lyrics Discussion