Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

I'm starting to be afraid :emot-sad: ...what if Mika turns like those 'cheap' pop artists?:huh:

Yes, it sound like the music I heard in the 80's :teehee: and where's the beautiful piano??? yes, I know Mika said this album would be totally different from last two but... :blink:

Welp. Sounds like Meeks is going EXTREMELY electronic. I couldn't even understand the lyrics. Granted, I really like it!!! But kind of disappointing after TBWKTM.:huh:

But it's way better than MYH...

I'm on poopy headphone link at work so I can't make out the end...

Better pull myself together

I remember those two letters

It will be O.K.

Everyone says now or never

I say only if it's better

Being __ like this forever

I want the whole world to celebrate

I think I liked MYH better.:huh:

if you say so :thumb_yello: But I think that Celebrate has a little of an 80's groove which I really like, MYH, was filled with electronics, and we couldn't hear his voice clearly...

I think I liked MYH better.:huh:

dito, although MYH is more electronic, this one really sounds somewhat like '80s music. though i love 80s music, but well... ok, i wanted to wait til friday. :pinkbow:

if you say so :thumb_yello: But I think that Celebrate has a little of an 80's groove which I really like, MYH, was filled with electronics, and we couldn't hear his voice clearly...

True. I don't know. I think I'm just having a hard time adjusting. I do like it! But I'm having a hard time letting go.:dunno:

It will be O.K.

This is exactly the word I'm missing too... Could it be 'be or not'?

EDIT: As for the following lyrics, I have absolutely no idea and I'll just wait patiently for a native speaker to decipher this for me :teehee:

Edited by camille*

It will be O.K.

I could understand the beginning, but the words get lost after a few seconds.

This is exactly the word I'm missing too... Could it be 'be or not'?

EDIT: As for the following lyrics, I have absolutely no idea and I'll just wait patiently for a native speaker to decipher this for me :teehee:

Could be. Let me tell you native speakers have a very difficult time with Mika's lyrics. :lmfao: It's not because of the electronics either, it's always been that way.

Wow , two songs in a few days ! I wasn't expecting all that. And that new song sounds good , just need to listen to the full song , but it definitely has a summer-hit potential. I think Mika's left his little coccoon and is going mainstream , but it's OK for me , as long as his albums contains a few ballads.

Celebrate sounds more mainstream than Make You Happy. I don't know what to think yet, I need the whole song. He has changed everything.

I cannot be distracted 10 minutes that the world turns upside down again :sneaky2:

what a day! :naughty:

LOL Robby miss you :huglove: I'm supposed to be "working on a presentation for tomorrow at work" , I still haven't done anything yet :mikadas:

Celebrate sounds more mainstream than Make You Happy. I don't know what to think yet, I need the whole song. He has changed everything.

Absolutely. Less conventional sounds , less piano etc... I'll love his new album for sure , I already love these two new songs , but I think I'll miss the ballads and the weirdness of some of his songs that makes him so Mika , so unique. But I do understand that he can't be stuck on the lollipop stage forever though.

It will be O.K.

I heard

''being in a night like this forever

we're nowhere''

not 100% sure though