suzie

I'm crazy about Mika's TOOL :lmfao:

Mika's OOL you meant...:mf_rosetinted:

Just take a look at the banner, he removed the T...:mikacool:

:mf_rosetinted:

Straight to the naughty corner...

I will be right here waiting for you...

Yes, and I think it´s a good thing!!

Very good! I'm tired of people who knows him like "the guy who sings high".He can sing high and low as well,just because HE CAN !!

:lmfao: Great song :thumb_yello:

It's just not got the same ring to it... Mika's OOL.... :no:

On first listen I quite like this, sounds very promising.

Looking forward to hearing the album version though as Mika sounds out of tune to me in this performance :blink:

I'm not crazy about those lyrics, the cigarette/nicorette thing, at all, but I do like the overall sound of this song.

Do you guys think he'll release the studio version soon? I mean, did he mention anything about it? I haven't been very up-to-date with the Mika news lately :aah:

In my personal opinion he should release this one instead of Celebrate but it's too late now. Celebrate is likely to be the first single everywhere.

..or.. was it announced to be the first single in the UK as well?

Mika, you are the origin of love! AwesOme song! Didn't think I'd like it from the descriptions but I was wrong!

That's how I feel, too. I was not sure about that Nicorette metaphor but it is 'in place'.

For me the 4 songs so far go:

Underwater :wub2:

MYH::thumb_yello:

Celebrate :blink:

The Origin of Love :wub2: - with the possibility of a recorded or great live version having the :swoon: effect on me.

I don't know why this song was not the first single,it's perfect.

Exactly. Seamless harmonies, perfect melody, complex sound. It 'sells' on its own, no need for Pharrell's name to do that. :cool:

In my personal opinion he should release this one instead of Celebrate but it's too late now. Celebrate is likely to be the first single everywhere.

..or.. was it announced to be the first single in the UK as well?

That's how I feel, too. I was not sure about that Nicorette metaphor but it is 'in place'.

For me the 4 songs so far go:

Underwater :wub2:

MYH::thumb_yello:

Celebrate :blink:

The Origin of Love :wub2: - with the possibility of a recorded or great live version having the :swoon: effect on me.

Really? Celebrate before The Origin of Love??:shocked:

Ah,just saw this is not the top :doh:

Edited by krysady

Really? Celebrate before The Origin of Love??:shocked:

yes. I was hoping Celebrate is only a 'present' for France but it seems it has been / will be repleased in other countries as well as the first single.:dunno:

My only hope is that a Scottish DJ said they won't get Celebrate until later in the year.

(So I hope it will be really late, like only after The Origin of Love and Underwater as singles have been released :teehee:)

yes. I was hoping Celebrate is only a 'present' for France but it seems it has been / will be repleased in other countries as well as the first single.:dunno:

My only hope is that a Scottish DJ said they won't get Celebrate until later in the year.

(So I hope it will be really late, like only after The Origin of Love and Underwater as singles have been released :teehee:)

:thumb_yello:

I don't see this as a single at all. The cigarette/nicorette thing ruins the chorus which is not catchy to start with. And I know in the US the concept will probably be looked upon as blasphemy. :naughty:

I am expecting the studio version to be much better but the lyrics are what they are and the song is not catchy enough for radio IMO.

My sentiments exactly:thumb_yello:

I don't see this as a single at all. The cigarette/nicorette thing ruins the chorus which is not catchy to start with. And I know in the US the concept will probably be looked upon as blasphemy. :naughty:

I am expecting the studio version to be much better but the lyrics are what they are and the song is not catchy enough for radio IMO.

oh I think it is extremely catchy yet meaningful and witty.

I don't believe the US market only accepts banal songs with simple lyrics. Sure hardly anyone will understand the Latin words in the middle but they are not supposed to. This song has the word 'hit' written all over it. It is not for the LMAO audience but I don't think Mika should target his songs at them.

Edited by suzie

Then what about Madonna's Gang Bang lyrics? :mf_rosetinted: