It tastes so sweet but leaves you sick with pain

Your love is air I breathe it in around me

Don't know it's there but without it I'm drowning

Love, you're the origin of love

Thank god that you found me

Thank god that you found me

Love! Thank god you found me

• 2 weeks later...

I love this song so much. It's amazing. Took me a while to listen to the lyrics properly, but once I did I realised how brave a song it is, and how sincere. I also adore the foreign language bit with the autotune haha, it's AMAZING. I hate autotune usually. Mika makes it amazing. The whole song is a bit of an epic, really, despite being only 4.5 mins long.

• 3 weeks later...
The numbers in the artwork, does anyone have a clue what they mean? :teehee:

They are only fantasy numbers :wink2:

Same with the chemical formula. That one is total nonsense. Alone the 4-binding H... :aah:

When I look at this artwork as art, then I really love it - it's my favorite of the new ones. But if I'm looking at it as the pharmacy student that I am then it's really "ouch!" :teehee:

They are only fantasy numbers :wink2:

Same with the chemical formula. That one is total nonsense. Alone the 4-binding H... :aah:

When I look at this artwork as art, then I really love it - it's my favorite of the new ones. But if I'm looking at it as the pharmacy student that I am then it's really "ouch!" :teehee:

Oh too bad, I'd hope they would mean something :teehee:

:roftl: I understand you, never looked closely at the chemical formula, but now I get your point, don't think they got anything right at all :aah:

• 4 weeks later...
I call it the Meredith Grey School of Acting that seems to be so popular with central female characters in TV today.

Happiness: :blink:

Anger: :blink:

Embarrassment: :blink:

Shock: :blink:

Lust: :blink:

Agony: :blink:

Elation: :blink:

Fear: :blink:

:naughty:

Known as "dull surprise" on the tv tropes website and practiced by mediocre actors the world over :mf_rosetinted:

But I don't think this video is that complicated of a story -- in fact, it strikes me as fairly straightforward. As I said several pages ago, I believe the woman is in a clinic-type setting getting treatment for an addiction. To me, it appears to be behavior modification using aversion therapy -- they are forcing her to keep her eyes open and watch videos of her good times with her lover, and I'm assuming at the same time they are somehow either medicating her or creating negative feelings in her so that she associates what were formerly happy memories with those bad feelings, thus breaking the addiction to love. It is very "A Clockwork Orange," which, if you've read the book or seen the film, used a similar treatment to break the protagonist of his thug-like ways -- they gave him drugs to make him feel nauseous while making him watch violent films, so that he "learned" new behavior.

Anyhow... clearly this treatment hasn't worked on the heroine. She sneaks out of the clinic to return to her lover. She's not been cured of her addiction to him at all. And they and their lovely dog walk off into the sunset together to live happily addicted ever after. :wub2:

At least, that's my interpretation of the director's interpretation. And like Nina, it really affected me -- definitely moved me to tears. I've actually only watched it the one time so far... but the images really stick with me.

Holy Smoke, is that what's going on? See, I've never watched "A Clockwork Orange" and I had no idea what the hell they were doing to the girl's face or why they were making her watch her private time with her lover. No issues with the nudity from me, just really dislike the images of her in the clinic. And I was distracted by wondering how they had footage of her relationship to make her watch it...

Now that I've read this thread and seen some of the live versions of the song, I understand a little better why some people on here seem to be so in love with it. But I still maintain that the studio version is just blah. I hope it grows on me, but there is no hook that's going to make me walk around humming it incessantly.

• 1 month later...

Now that I've read this thread and seen some of the live versions of the song, I understand a little better why some people on here seem to be so in love with it. But I still maintain that the studio version is just blah. I hope it grows on me, but there is no hook that's going to make me walk around humming it incessantly.

I love that song but I am one of those who dislike the studio version...

sounds weird but I'm like that :mf_rosetinted:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LOOK what made #1 on this TOP 20 list :

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com/creme-brulee-weekly-top-20

Note : If you can catch the song playing,

you can vote for it & the station will play it more often !

Would be great to keep ORIGIN OF LOVE in the top spot for a while :)

Edited by A. Clay

• 1 month later...
"Making of Mika" sounds a little bit strange :naughty::lmfao: So, make your own Mika :teehee:

A slightly different thought popped into my mind when I saw the title, but I think it's best not to repeat that here, just that I would't be particularly interested in a video of that :mf_rosetinted:

A slightly different thought popped into my mind when I saw the title, but I think it's best not to repeat that here, just that I would't be particularly interested in a video of that :mf_rosetinted:

Oh no, now I have another wrong understanding :aah: I was happier with the first one :mf_rosetinted:

• 8 months later...
So this is were we should discuss the new version of The Origin Of Love that's in the Italian Songbook?

I like the first one better .

yes, btw I like the live version more because of the intro with the piano