Rock the Games - Live on YouTube - 8 August 2012

Christine

http://youtubeukblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/rock-games-live-on-youtube.html

Friday, 3 August 2012

Rock the Games: Live on YouTube

London 2012 isn’t just about athletic and sporting excellence, it’s also about showcasing the best that the United Kingdom has to offer -- a fact not lost on the Organising Committee, LOCOG. In that spirit they have launched the ‘Rock the Games’ programme, which sees artists perform in venues throughout the Olympics.

In addition, the London 2012 Organising Committee (LOCOG) will be live streaming selected artists on their official London 2012 YouTube channel as part of the ‘Rock the Games’ music programme.

Rock the Games will feature live performances and interviews with artists performing in London 2012 venues. The YouTube community in the UK and US will have the chance to ask questions and watch some of the artists perform a song or two. The series will be hosted by presenter Gemma Cairney.

The series kicks off on Tuesday, August 7, with Rizzle Kicks (#askrizzlekicks) and Lawson (#asklawson), and will continue with artists including Mika (#askmika) and Pixie Lott (#askpixie). The full schedule of performances can be found on the London 2012 YouTube channel and updates will be provided on the London 2012 Google+ page.

It's on Mika's Youtube channel too :thumb_yello:

[YOUTUBE]aGkxPZRzlLU&feature=g-all-u[/YOUTUBE]

As part of the Rock the Games music programme, I'm going to be performing a few tracks and answering your questions live on YouTube on Wednesday Aug 8th. Make sure to ask your questions before then and tune in! #askmika

Same video with English subtitles:

This is just a reupload on YT and a new post here for organizing reasons :wink2: (But new stuff is coming :naughty:)

:uk::uk: Rock the Games (English with English subtitles)

qyyf1Zi8tSE

Download: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B-RKMXoX24FDUEJEWUdrMkFERDQ&export=download

Watch here:

You must be in the US/UK to view this video.

If you are using Windows you can download a UK proxy server and view the broadcast:

http://www.expatshield.com/

It will generate ads in your browser but you can switch it off whenever you want and go back to normal browsing.

Edited by mari62
adding video with subtitles

May you try this proxy as well: 83.170.117.44 port 3128.

I see the countdown at least :/

But how silly is it that it's not available in the whole world? Bringing sportsmen and people from all over the world together is the idea of the Olympic games after all :sneaky2:

May you try this proxy as well: 83.170.117.44 port 3128.

I see the countdown at least :/

But how silly is it that it's not available in the whole world? Bringing sportsmen and people from all over the world together is the idea of the Olympic games after all :sneaky2:

how can i use this please? :blink:

Download the proxy I put in the first link. It works and you'll be able to use it whenever he's on the BBC or whatever. :wink2:

If someone does record this don't upload it back to YouTube. The Olympics will make a claim on it and take it down.

And me! :huh:

same for me

It's giving me an access denied message when I try to open the live stream. :dunno:

:huh: I think you have to check the Encode Page box on the top of the page, after I did that it worked. That's all I know, but if you search google there are a lot of similar sites, at least some of them have to work. :wink2:

:huh: I think you have to check the Encode Page box on the top of the page, after I did that it worked. That's all I know, but if you search google there are a lot of similar sites, at least some of them have to work. :wink2:

still nothing ah well, bad luck then :aah:

Thanks Christine! It looks like it's working!

The countdown is running. I hope that Expat thing doesn't do any harm to my (ermm hubby's) computer....:blink:

Is it correct that the 'connected'logo is in the left upper corner of the screen now?

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra

Thanks Christine! It looks like it's working!

The countdown is running. I hope that Expat thing doesn't do any harm to my (ermm hubby's) computer....:blink:

I've been using it for at least a year and I don't have any problems. You just need to switch it off when you're finished watching the stream and you can go back to your regular browsing. You can probably uninstall it completely if you want but I use it all the time and it doesn't cause any problems so I can just turn it on/off when I want.

I've been using it for at least a year and I don't have any problems. You just need to switch it off when you're finished watching the stream and you can go back to your regular browsing. You can probably uninstall it completely if you want but I use it all the time and it doesn't cause any problems so I can just turn it on/off when I want.

Okay thanks!:thumb_yello: