Popular Song - Discussion

mellody

Could still be foogazi: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Foogazi

And what is "Psychotic Barney Mika Rap" supposed to mean????

i dunno, I was wondering the same thing...

i think she is referring to Barney, the purple dinosaur.

"Psychotic Barney" would be quite scary :naughty:

barney.jpg

barney.jpg

while that would be terrifing (and quite hilarious:aah:) I hardly think Mika was refering to the a crazy purple singing dinosaur...

or was he...:blink:

barney.jpg

Yes, this was my first thought too.

I used to hate that show, when my kids were younger. :naughty: But I remember taking my daughter to see him at the local shopping centre when she was 3. It was surreal (but not psychotic, thank god :naughty:).

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, this is my fave on the main album. I was agitated by the fact that it wasn't all his own work at first but that feeling has been swallowed up by how fab the whole song is. I had forgotten his tweet about the popular corn but it was the first line that jumped out at me...so clever...so Mika!!

• 3 weeks later...
Little doubt:

in the song, when it's said:

Catch up! 'Cause you got an awful long way to go

the ''catch up'' means something like ''pay attention''???

It means you need to hurry up because you are falling behind. It can be literal like if you are walking too slowly and your friends are walking ahead of you. Or it could be more figurative like you've missed a few classes so you need to catch up on your studies.

It means you need to hurry up because you are falling behind. It can be literal like if you are walking too slowly and your friends are walking ahead of you. Or it could be more figurative like you've missed a few classes so you need to catch up on your studies.

big thanks, Christine ^^

• 1 month later...

I have bad memories of orchestra trying to play Popular from 'Wicked!' last year. We were all just shouted at constantly!:aah: So I wasn't too happy when mika decided to make it a large part of this song. I also feel a bit cheated that he didn't come up with something more original. And mika rapping is an interesting concept to say the least! :mikadas:

However, the song is catchy and has quite meaningful lyrics. And surprisingly, I often want to listen to it more than some of the other songs from the album that I prefer. Strange but seems to be an effective song overall !:mikacool: