Comme un Soleil Mal Luné Lyrics/Discussion

dcdeb

I still don't know which video we're talking about. :naughty: I am listening to something on YT and it sounds the same to me. I mean the clarity suffers because the quality is not the same but it doesn't sound like the pitch is altered to me. If it has been then I don't think anyone who's never heard the song is going to think it's off because I can't detect it.

The song sounds lovely, but the pitch alteration on YouTube is annoying. At least it should stop people from illegally downloading it.

Where is this altered version? How would anyone know what key it's supposed to be in if they'd never heard it before in order to judge that it's off key?

I think Ellenowl must have meant something else, not sure what though.

@Ellenowl can you show us what Youtube video you are referring to?

This song is really beautiful!! And, as some of you have pointed at, Mika's voice combined with just the piano, is perfect! It is definitely sung à la Barbara. There's nothing like this song in France at the moment and it ever gets played on the radio or tv, people would love it!

This song is really beautiful!! And, as some of you have pointed at, Mika's voice combined with just the piano, is perfect! It is definitely sung à la Barbara. There's nothing like this song in France at the moment and it ever gets played on the radio or tv, people would love it!

I know people would love it! I played it for about 50 people where I work (claiming it was the most beautiful song ever written :blush-anim-cl:) and almost all of them loved it even though they could not understand what he was singing. Most of them were so taken with his voice. Even though I play MIKA music for my co-workers on occasion, many made comments that they never realized what a beautiful voice he has. He needs to do more songs with only a piano and his voice.

I know people would love it! I played it for about 50 people where I work (claiming it was the most beautiful song ever written :blush-anim-cl:) and almost all of them loved it even though they could not understand what he was singing. Most of them were so taken with his voice. Even though I play MIKA music for my co-workers on occasion, many made comments that they never realized what a beautiful voice he has. He needs to do more songs with only a piano and his voice.

YES, and in that lower range. It's like melted butter.

To be fair, we have the lyrics for a few of the French songs on the new album, courtesy of Melgine. Here's the first.

---------

Posted by Melgine

comme un soleil mal luné's lyrics :

Je suis comme un soleil mal luné

Qui n'a pas envie de briller

Qui ne décroche pas un sourire

Ni la lune ça va sans dire

Je suis comme un soleil mal luné

Qui veut seulement rester couché

Qui jette un froid en s'éclipsant

C'est vrai je plombe l'ambiance gaiement

Je suis seul tout seul

Sans ta petite gueule si seul

Comme le soleil

On me coupe la lumière quoi que je paie

Et comme un soleil mal luné

Dont tu préfères te protéger

À chaude larme j'ai beau pleurer

Mais sur moi elle sèche vite fait

Je ne demande pas la lune

Ni la gloire ni la fortune

Juste du soleil dans ma vie

Sauf que le soleil it is me

Je suis seul tout seul

Comme le soleil

Je suis comme un soleil sans chapeau

Un roi soleil sans son château

Dis moi pourquoi toi tu m'évites

Même quand je me pointe au zénith

L'amour c'est con comme la lune

Qu'est ce qu'on ferait pas pour des prunes

Je ne dors plus sans pilule

J'avance d'une heure et je recule

Je suis seul tout seul

Comme le soleil

Quoi que je paie Iniciado por Melgine

como las letras de un sol de mal humor:

Soy como un mal dom Lune

¿Quién no quiere a brillar

¿Quién no recoger una sonrisa

Ni la luna ni que decir

Soy como un mal dom Lune

Quien sólo quiere acostarse

¿Quién lanza un resfriado por eclipsando

Es cierto que plomiza atmósfera alegre

Estoy solo solo

Sin su pequeña boca aunque sólo

Cuando el sol

Cortaron la luz lo que pago

Y como un sol irritable

Qué prefieres protegerte

En ardientes lágrimas que estoy llorando

Pero en mí se seca rápidamente

No estoy pidiendo la luna

Ni la fama ni la fortuna

Sólo el sol en mi vida

A menos que el sol me está

Estoy solo solo

Cuando el sol

Me gusta el sol sin sombrero

Un rey sol sin su castillo

Dime por qué me estás evitando

Incluso cuando señalo en el cenit

El amor es como la luna con

Lo que no lo haría por nada

No puedo dormir sin pastillas

Camino una hora y me quedé

Estoy solo solo

Cuando el sol

Lo que tengo que pagar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVUonYc7Zkc&feature=player_embedded#t=36s

thanks i like this lyric and <""Love in Bad weather"" lyrics??

cause i litlle hard of hear so the french it´s hard for me but i´ll try again and again..

Edited by mer

• 3 weeks later...

I can't stop listening to this song and admiring it more and more. And I don't even know French (or, maybe, it's because I don't know French :naughty: )

I believe I enjoy it no less than Mika enjoyed listening to Barbara.

End even if it's clear that it won't be a huge hit, I leave it as my secret pleasure, as a treasure that is not appreciated to a full extend.

I sit alone with this song leaving all the world behind me.

I can't stop listening to this song and admiring it more and more. And I don't even know French (or, maybe, it's because I don't know French :naughty: )

I believe I enjoy it no less than Mika enjoyed listening to Barbara.

End even if it's clear that it won't be a huge hit, I leave it as my secret pleasure, as a treasure that is not appreciated to a full extend.

I sit alone with this song leaving all the world behind me.

True! It's a treasure! It's my favourite!:wub2:

True! It's a treasure! It's my favourite!:wub2:

It is very strange song. On the one hand - you'd never say, that the author of this one and, e.g. Celebrate, is the same person.

But on the other hand - it is absolutely Mikaish for me. Only deep and wise person could write such a masterpiece :wub2:

Could it be that it's actually something in French and it only does sound like the English "it is me"?

Well, me not knowing what it could possibly be doesn't mean too much given the state of my French, but I don't think so. He has an English accent in that line. I actually thought that was quite striking, since usually when he says an English word in the middle of a French sentence he ends up saying it with a French accent, and this sounds very much like English to me.

Could it be that it's actually something in French and it only does sound like the English "it is me"?

I don't think so, it's well English and that's what annoys me a bit.

I mean, the whole lyrics are so beautifully written in French but this tiny part in English sounds pretty random... But as I said, it's not such a big deal, it doesn't ruin the song at all :thumb_yello:

No, that's definitely "it is me". Mika's articulation and pronunciation are prefect and there can't be any confusion/mishearing.

Lots of other French fans I know don't like that bit. Even if I would have preferred a better verse, in French, it does not bother me :wink2:

That line doesn't sound like an English accent to me because he splits up the "it" into two sounds and tacks the t onto the "is". Or maybe that is just the difference between my accent and his. Canadians don't do that and it's one of the things I found strange about French when I was first exposed to it. But maybe the Brits perceive it differently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow wow be careful of what you write if you compare Mika and Barabara in this topic :fisch:

I tell you why : I think exactly like you Muriel, it is a song "à la Barbara", same style of song, melancolic.

After having heard this song on stage in Roubaix, I can tell it's really beautiful.

First time I had written something here about this song was " Barbara sort de ce corps ! ("Barbara leave Mika's body") and some nasty people I don't even know came on to Twitt** and insulted me !

The guy said I was "illiterate" and that was a shame because, moreover I was french and was supposed to know Barbara's songs

:shocked: and Mika should be happy to get illiterate fans like me :shocked:

I wish this guy had bull**** and posted his nasty comment here.

Buy the way, now I am reading his litterature there on Twit* and he keeps writing insanities to Mika. It's a shame :shocked:

I don't say this song is high litterature but it is a nice song in a Melancolic style (like Barbara's) and it is beautiful "live":wub2

Wow wow be careful of what you write if you compare Mika and Barabara in this topic :fisch:

I tell you why : I think exactly like you Muriel, it is a song "à la Barbara", same style of song, melancolic.

After having heard this song on stage in Roubaix, I can tell it's really beautiful.

First time I had written something here about this song was " Barbara sort de ce corps ! ("Barbara leave Mika's body") and some nasty people I don't even know came on to Twitt** and insulted me !

The guy said I was "illiterate" and that was a shame because, moreover I was french and was supposed to know Barbara's songs

Buy the way, now I am reading his litterature there on Twit* and he keeps writing insanities to Mika. It's a shame :shocked:

I don't say this song is high litterature but it is a nice song in a Melancolic style (like Barbara's) and it is beautiful "live":wub2

So it was you? I liked these words about Barbara so much!

Maybe it will sound naughty, but most people got to know Barbara only thanks to Mika, so those people from Twitter should be grateful! Don't mind, dear. Don't pay attention to that guy.

So it was you? I liked these words about Barbara so much!

Maybe it will sound naughty, but most people got to know Barbara only thanks to Mika, so those people from Twitter should be grateful! Don't mind, dear. Don't pay attention to that guy.

Thank you for your support !

Now I know more about that nasty person thanks to the mods here and I won't pay any attention to this person at all :naughty:

I don't know why but I have deleted my message when I received this twitt, that was a stupid reaction because I still think it is Barbara's style !

If it is who I think it is, it's not a guy but a crazy old woman. She is not welcome to post her BS comments here which is why she attempts to harass people on Twitter. But fortunately there's a block button for such trolls. :wink2: