Doctor Who BBC

rachie b

Whovians! How do all of you feel about the most recent episodes?

I think I'm gonna die on Saturday is what I think..:excite:

:aah:

I esp loved the last one though, the fact it was written by the amazing mr. Gain an was prolly both the reason and the topping :wub2:

I think I'm gonna die on Saturday is what I think..:excite:

:aah:

I esp loved the last one though, the fact it was written by the amazing mr. Gain an was prolly both the reason and the topping :wub2:

TBH, I haven't watched the newest one yet. I always miss them when they show on TV and I have to play catch-up

Heard about the leaking of the DVD in America? (or something) I know people have been giving out spoilers eeeeks EEKS.

I've heard that as well, I have been avoiding a Doctor Who Forum I am part of because of it.

Heard about the leaking of the DVD in America? (or something) I know people have been giving out spoilers eeeeks EEKS.

I saw that! Normally I don't mind spoilers but this time I no wantey :no:

Plus if it doesn't get out moffat said he'd give us a treat :(

:bye: i'm a whovian now too. whovians are cool.

i haven't seen any episodes of season 7.2 yet so i'm def trying to avoid all spoilers.

this dvd leak kind of seems like an episode or something, like somebody from the future came back to mess with us! i blame the daleks :teehee:

just for fun...

c6fd9b3e73b43ee5e8d1522db61ea6ad.jpg

• 2 years later...

Can we bring the thread back to life? What does everyone think of the Twelfth Doctor? At first I was a bit uncertain but he's creeping up to catch David Tennant as my favourite Doctor! I've found the current series a bit hit and miss though, too many two-part stories but it's still my favourite show. And next week's 'Enter The Raven' episode looks like it's going to be amazing.

Edited by refinneJ

Can we bring the thread back to life? What does everyone think of the Twelfth Doctor? At first I was a bit uncertain but he's creeping up to catch David Tennant as my favourite Doctor! I've found the current series a bit hit and miss though, too many two-part stories but it's still my favourite show. And next week's 'Enter The Raven' episode looks like it's going to be amazing.

Yes! Let's "regenerate" the thread :D I love the 12th Doctor, I don't know why but I liked him as soon as he became the Doctor. I loved 11 but he was getting a bit tedious with the whole "dark doctor", it didn't suit him. I love how they have so many easter eggs referring to the classic series. I wish I could see how Donna and 12 would have bounced off each other though, I hope Moffat thinks of some way to bring her back briefly, I loved the reference to Fire of Pompeii 

Peter Capaldi is a great actor. He really is the doctor, makes me laugh often!

But David Tennant still is my favorite.

I want the sonic screwdriver back, sonic sunglasses are wrong ;)

it should always be the sonic screwdriver! 

Edited by KiwiMikaFreak
  • Like 1

HAS NO-ONE BEN ON THIS THREAD SINCE 2013!?!?!? 

I thought of reviving this thread from time to time but I was affraid of being alone Xd. 

I am quite a big Whovian though. The go-to-conventions-and-premieres, meet-cast&crew, collect-goodies, pile-hundreds-of-who-books-in-her-room (including the one in which Mika and his toes guest star :naughty: ) kind of Whovian.

I love both classic and new series, but one of my favorite parts of the whoniverse are the big finish audio adventures, especially the eighth Doctor's one, because Eight is Mah Doctah (and he is because of the brilliantness of his audio adventures, vertuous circle going on here).

I love twelve, even if it took me a while to "understand" him, (but now that he found his guitar everything is okay between us) and from the current series I am really digging Ashildr, and am focusing a lot on her as I am beginning to get quite bored of Clara - Jenna is cute as a puppy but I never really managed to connect with the character - which isn't an issue (I really didn't like Amy and some of my fave eps include her nevertheless (I adored Rory tho - miss The Nose)) but it makes me even more eager to get some fresh air.

From this year a have to say I loved the Zyggon episode, despite his not so well hidden subtext (I am used to those things being more sublte in DW). The Doctor's speech in front of the boxes gave me chills. 

The last episode, that thing with the eyes boogers monsters, wasn't that much of a winner but I have to confess that I am still waiting to be convinced by an episode written by Mark Gatiss (whom I love as an actor tho, and I have to say he made a brilliant work with An Adventure in Space and Time for the 50th anniversary - but I am always bored watching his DW episodes)

• Like 1

I thought of reviving this thread from time to time but I was affraid of being alone Xd. 

I am quite a big Whovian though. The go-to-conventions-and-premieres, meet-cast&crew, collect-goodies, pile-hundreds-of-who-books-in-her-room (including the one in which Mika and his toes guest star :naughty: ) kind of Whovian.

I love both classic and new series, but one of my favorite parts of the whoniverse are the big finish audio adventures, especially the eighth Doctor's one, because Eight is Mah Doctah (and he is because of the brilliantness of his audio adventures, vertuous circle going on here).

I love twelve, even if it took me a while to "understand" him, (but now that he found his guitar everything is okay between us) and from the current series I am really digging Ashildr, and am focusing a lot on her as I am beginning to get quite bored of Clara - Jenna is cute as a puppy but I never really managed to connect with the character - which isn't an issue (I really didn't like Amy and some of my fave eps include her nevertheless (I adored Rory tho - miss The Nose)) but it makes me even more eager to get some fresh air.

From this year a have to say I loved the Zyggon episode, despite his not so well hidden subtext (I am used to those things being more sublte in DW). The Doctor's speech in front of the boxes gave me chills. 

The last episode, that thing with the eyes boogers monsters, wasn't that much of a winner but I have to confess that I am still waiting to be convinced by an episode written by Mark Gatiss (whom I love as an actor tho, and I have to say he made a brilliant work with An Adventure in Space and Time for the 50th anniversary - but I am always bored watching his DW episodes)

I really liked Amy in the first two seasons but I got a little sick of her in the first half of season 7, but I will always be Team Nose!!! He was so sweet and did everything for Amy, sometimes I felt like she didn't deserve him, especially in season 5. I agree with what you said about Clara, she had some good moments but the whole "Impossible Girl" thing got old very quickly, I love Jenna though. I got to meet her and she was lovely. 

The monsters from the most recent episode were pretty pathetic but I did kind of enjoy the ending, it reminded me of Blink and made it feel like it was real. I enjoy Mark Gatiss as a writer for Sherlock more than Doctor Who. I always enjoy the episodes written by Neil Gaiman because those ones can be properly dark and also I'm slightly biased because I love his books. (Also Mika follows him on Twitter, which is a bonus)

I'm so excited that they're brinign River back, I can't wait to see how she interacts with 12. I'm still hoping for the return of Captain Jack though, I think him and 12 would be hilarious to watch. 

Yesss fellow Rory fans! I adored him. So cute and awkward at the start and he became so cool by the time he left. I've been lucky enough to meet Arthur Darvill twice, he's lovely. I complimented his singing after seeing him in a musical and he thanked me about 5 times and just kept patting me on the back over and over as he said it  :teehee:  he's adorable

I wasn't a fan of the latest episode either, I just found it all a bit confusing and by the time things finally became clear at the end I'd lost interest a bit...I'm not sure I want to hear Mr Sandman again for a while though! The Zygon episodes and Under The Lake/Before The Flood have been my favourite so far.

Edited by refinneJ

Yesss fellow Rory fans! I adored him. So cute and awkward at the start and he became so cool by the time he left. I've been lucky enough to meet Arthur Darvill twice, he's lovely. I complimented his singing after seeing him in a musical and he thanked me about 5 times and just kept patting me on the back over and over as he said it  :teehee:  he's adorable

I wasn't a fan of the latest episode either, I just found it all a bit confusing and by the time things finally became clear at the end I'd lost interest a bit...I'm not sure I want to hear Mr Sandman again for a while though! The Zygon episodes and Under The Lake/Before The Flood have been my favourite so far.

I loved the Zygon episodes!!! That is definitely two episodes that showed Jenna Coleman's talent, where she could actually play some good characters. Don't get me wrong I like Clara but she isn't a very 3D character. I loved her as Bonnie though  

I'm so excited that they're brinign River back, I can't wait to see how she interacts with 12. I'm still hoping for the return of Captain Jack though, I think him and 12 would be hilarious to watch. 

Same. I love River so, so much, I fell for her right at the moment she opened the doors of the library. You have to love her or hate her... I did quite a few River Marathon, re watching the eps in normal order, and then in River's order, and I keep discovering new things about her every time. But rewatching the Library episode after all this is heartbreaking (and also quite strange, it's like you're watching a new episode. The first time you were with the Doctor and you didn't know this woman, now I feel like I am coming in with River and meet this man who isn't ready to be our Doctor yet.

And I think having River and Captain Jack in the same room would be hilarious Xd (and probably -16 rated  :stifle: )

• Like 1

Same. I love River so, so much, I fell for her right at the moment she opened the doors of the library. You have to love her or hate her... I did quite a few River Marathon, re watching the eps in normal order, and then in River's order, and I keep discovering new things about her every time. But rewatching the Library episode after all this is heartbreaking (and also quite strange, it's like you're watching a new episode. The first time you were with the Doctor and you didn't know this woman, now I feel like I am coming in with River and meet this man who isn't ready to be our Doctor yet.

And I think having River and Captain Jack in the same room would be hilarious Xd (and probably -16 rated :stifle: )

Same, just something about River's charm and the way Alex plays her is just amazing! I wish she got to be a proper companion, even just for a little while. I know the relationship with 12 will be different and I'm excited to see the new dynamic but I'm a real sucker for romance so I miss the flirty banter and romance between 11 and River. :(

Without saying too much because I don't want to give away spoilers for people who haven't seen Face The Raven yet...MY HEART. It is broken.  :overreact:  

Although I've seen the cast list for the finale two-parter and things might not be quite as they seem (a Doctor Who rule really!)

This seems like a fun thread.  May I join? :teehee:

Am I the only one who tried not to cry when Clara died? :tears:

Of course, any and every Whovian is welcome :)

I didn't even try to not cry. I just let all the feels out :D

Clara was never my favorite companion but I did like her in season 9

Of course, any and every Whovian is welcome :)

I didn't even try to not cry. I just let all the feels out :D

Clara was never my favorite companion but I did like her in season 9

I liked Clara.  I don't really have a favourite companion tbh.  My favourite doctor is David Tennant, but I like Peter Capaldi too.  I wasn't sure at first but now I think he is a very talented actor.  Who's yours?

I liked Clara. I don't really have a favourite companion tbh. My favourite doctor is David Tennant, but I like Peter Capaldi too. I wasn't sure at first but now I think he is a very talented actor. Who's yours?

I love the 4th Doctor. Out of the new Doctors I couldn't choose between 10,11 or 12. I liked 10 and 11 before they went into the "dark" doctor phase. Those phases annoyed me. It's practically impossible to choose a favourite companion but I can't decide between Donna and Sarah Jane :)

I love the 4th Doctor. Out of the new Doctors I couldn't choose between 10,11 or 12. I liked 10 and 11 before they went into the "dark" doctor phase. Those phases annoyed me. It's practically impossible to choose a favourite companion but I can't decide between Donna and Sarah Jane :)

Donna was awesome.  Did you ever watch the Sarah Jane Adventures?  It was like a spin-off sort of programme.  I don't think it's on any more, they just show repeats.