Doctor Who BBC

rachie b

I absolutely don't know her as an actress, but I have a complete faith in the cast directors.

As for the way she'll be written, well, I'll just have to wait and see... I just hope she'll be, you know, 'normal'. Not another Most Important Human Being Ever. A Rory, please, give me a Rory  :blush-anim-cl:

Can't wait for some NuWho coming out.  :teehee:

Which won't be before a very long time, as we know  :(

At least on telly, BUT there still is some some  NuWho coming soon as, after the War Doctor, River, Churchill, Strax, Kate and Torchwood, it is now Ten and Donna that are joining the ranges of Big Finish with their first set of audios out next month and I am really upper excited by this - maybe I am the only one here listening to Big Finish's DW audio dramas but really they are as good, and sometimes even better, than the TV show - it has nothing to do with the BBC audio dramas that were a bit childish. Really, if you don't know them yet and want some Who during the gap year, give it a try, it's awesome! (my personal big faves are the 8th Doctor stories, The Chimes of Midnight is one of the best thing the whoniverse has ever produced  :wub: )

• Like 1

I absolutely don't know her as an actress, but I have a complete faith in the cast directors.

As for the way she'll be written, well, I'll just have to wait and see... I just hope she'll be, you know, 'normal'. Not another Most Important Human Being Ever. A Rory, please, give me a Rory  :blush-anim-cl:

Which won't be before a very long time, as we know  :(

At least on telly, BUT there still is some some  NuWho coming soon as, after the War Doctor, River, Churchill, Strax, Kate and Torchwood, it is now Ten and Donna that are joining the ranges of Big Finish with their first set of audios out next month and I am really upper excited by this - maybe I am the only one here listening to Big Finish's DW audio dramas but really they are as good, and sometimes even better, than the TV show - it has nothing to do with the BBC audio dramas that were a bit childish. Really, if you don't know them yet and want some Who during the gap year, give it a try, it's awesome! (my personal big faves are the 8th Doctor stories, The Chimes of Midnight is one of the best thing the whoniverse has ever produced  :wub: )

omg i should totally try the audios... if I ever have the time haha.

About NuWho, isn't it going to be out in December 2016? It isn't that far if you think about it (hah. depending of perspective)  :teehee: That's the usual time of year where they air new episodes... 

Which books?

I think I remember it was with Martha, they went to see a gig or something, but I wouldn't remember the title (I've read them at the time of publication so it's quite a long time ago and it's a lot of book stored in my head  :doh: ). If I get it right Martha's brother didn't like him, might be why I decided I didn't like Martha's brother XD 

Also, talking about the Doctor Who-books-Mika combo, I assume it has already been talked somewhere here but there's a lot of Mika in the Writer's tale (the 2008 book written by Russel T Davies, commenting the writing of season 4). He explains that he uses music a lot to find inspiration, and it was Life in Cartoon Motion which kicked him into the writing of series 4 - and also that the then future companion was sort of born out of Any other world. This new companion finally never showed up as Donna came back but he still used what he had written and put a lot of it into Donna, and you can actually feel the song quite strongly in her.

(Also, there's quite a few lines involving Mika not wearing any pants in that book  :biggrin2: )

Edited by Melyssa
  • Like 2

I think I remember it was with Martha, they went to see a gig or something, but I wouldn't remember the title (I've read them at the time of publication so it's quite a long time ago and it's a lot of book stored in my head :doh: ). If I get it right Martha's brother didn't like him, might be why I decided I didn't like Martha's brother XD

Also, talking about the Doctor Who-books-Mika combo, I assume it has already been talked somewhere here but there's a lot of Mika in the Writer's tale (the 2008 book written by Russel T Davies, commenting the writing of season 4). He explains that he uses music a lot to find inspiration, and it was Life in Cartoon Motion which kicked him into the writing of series 4 - and also that the then future companion was sort of born out of Any other world. This new companion finally never showed up as Donna came back but he still used what he had written and put a lot of it into Donna, and you can actually feel the song quite strongly in her.

(Also, there's quite a few lines involving Mika not wearing any pants in that book :biggrin2: )

Ooooooooo I am now intrigued and very interested in this book :lol: but I seriously did not know that and these facts make me very happy! :D apart from the Donna fact... I cried so much when she left :(

Which books?

I went through some books and I found it. Lucky I remembered it was with Martha because , hum, it would have taken me a while otherwise XD.

tumblr_n9hhnjKdLn1rpi6j7o1_540.jpg

So it's in the very first pages of The Pirate Loop (if anyone is interested by a bit of context, they are attacked by robots and have just discovered that when some music is on, the robots stop attacking and... dance :rolleyes: ):

She remembered a particularly miserable family holiday at some activity camp outside London, her big sister Tish falling for on of the creepy blokes that worked here. She shuddered. Even being sentenced to death by a city of daft robots wasn't quite as terrifying as that place. For one thing, you couldn't defeat creepy blokes by playing them songs from your iPod.

"It's funny," she said to the Doctor as they ducked and waved between the dancing robots. "My brother hates this song."

"What?" said the Doctor, stopping in his tracks. He spun on the heel of his trainer, his long coat and silvery tie whirling around him, and swept a hand through his spiked and scruffy hair. "But this is a classic. Humans doing what you do, daring to be brown and blue and violet sky!" He laughed. "I don't even know what that means! See? Brilliant."

Martha raised I eyebrow. With the robots still dancing around them, it didn't seem the best time to indulge him.

"Yeah, well," he said chastened, taking her hand and leading her on through the strange and metal street party, "you know I once saw Mika live in Denmark-"

"Yeah," said Martha wearily. "I was there too."

He turned his wild, inquisitive eyes on her like he's only just noticed her here. "That's a coincidence!" He said. "Funny how these things work out, innit?" But his wide grin and enthusiasm were infectious; Martha found herself grinning back.

To resume, Grace Kelly saved Martha and the Doctor :D (and the robots were condemned to listen to it on loop until the end of time :stifle: )

And as for the Writer's tale, here it goes (again, a bit of context: the writer's tale is a compilation of emails between the then showrunner R.T.Davies and journalist Benjamin Cook. We follow all the steps of the making of series 4.)

post-24254-0-98262700-1462437862_thumb.jpg

post-24254-0-62974200-1462437902_thumb.jpg

post-24254-0-87607700-1462437959_thumb.jpg

tale-410.jpg

tale-510.jpg

Edited by Melyssa
  • Like 3

I went through some books and I found it. Lucky I remembered it was with Martha because , hum, it would have taken me a while otherwise XD.

tumblr_n9hhnjKdLn1rpi6j7o1_540.jpg

So it's in the very first pages of The Pirate Loop (if anyone is interested by a bit of context, they are attacked by robots and have just discovered that when some music is on, the robots stop attacking and... dance :rolleyes: ):

To resume, Grace Kelly saved Martha and the Doctor :D (and the robots were condemned to listen to it on loop until the end of time :stifle: )

And as for the Writer's tale, here it goes (again, a bit of context: the writer's tale is a compilation of emails between the then showrunner R.T.Davies and journalist Benjamin Cook. We follow all the steps of the making of series 4.)

tale_110.jpg

tale-2-476af90.jpg

tale-3-476afad.jpg

tale-410.jpg

tale-510.jpg

Oh my goodness, thank you so much :D you've actually found heaps of stuff :lol: Russell T Davis' quotes definitely made me laugh. Funny thing is that I also am a fan of Benjamin Cook, the journalist he was writing to, because he is a Youtuber and he's actually very funny. He did a YouTube documentary that I watched and he's been in other youtubers videos.

• 11 months later...

Oh how I loved this series premiere!!! Actually I haven't felt that massive rush of excitation after a new who since quite a while... (and I'm coming to post here when I am still on the hype so I can just re-read myself later and think "oh sh*t" Xd)

But the thing is: BILL. I LOVE Bill. I fell for her so quickly I actually suprised myself. But she's so funny and witty and smart and umpredictable and also so moving (and so quickly... seriously I've known her for half an hour and she managed to put some tears in my eyes) Oh I love her and I love loving a companion that much :wub2:

And I loved the Doctor here too, it's like I fell for him again after us having a hard time during the last series...

But right now all I can think of is the very last image of the coming soon trailer  :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

(Fact is it's the very first time I jump into a new series without knowing anything about it and oh that's very exciting :punk: . And watching it with a fellow whovian/Mikafan adds even more fun to the fun :biggrin2:)

• Like 1

Well that's my first post on this thread, glad to see a doctor who thread on the MFC!

First thing first: I started the TV show a few month ago. (had some help from a fellow whovian/mikafan to catch up everyting :fisch:) So basically that's the first time I watch a doctor who episode "in live".

So to sum up my feelings: wow :mf_lustslow:

I loved this episode. I loved seeing the doctor again (and his guitare) , I loved meeting Bill (she is sooo lovely).

This episode was simple and yet full of emotions. I like the way the season started and I can't wait to see the rest of it. Plus let's be honest, the teaser at the end makes me think this season is going to be a-m-a-z-i-n-g.(I mean those last seconds :hypo::hypo:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love the series so far!!! Bill is so much better than Clara! I liked her but Bill is way cooler. I also love the teacher/student relationship with the Doctor. I was getting annoyed with all the stupid romance crap that happened with every companion. I guess that's why Donna is my favourite companionn

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 11:35 PM, KiwiMikaFreak said:

I love the series so far!!! Bill is so much better than Clara! I liked her but Bill is way cooler. I also love the teacher/student relationship with the Doctor. I was getting annoyed with all the stupid romance crap that happened with every companion. I guess that's why Donna is my favourite companionn

No Bill, and a fashionably female Who. Hmmm

Edited by Soaring Simpson

• 1 month later...
On 22.09.2012 at 7:34 PM, rachie b said:

Welcome to the Doctor Who thread here whovians can discuss doctors , episodes and more ! :wink2:

If you wish to be put on the list or change information Please PM me because I can't read every post :teehee:

To vist the older thread click here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14311

Thanks , rachie b

Whovian # 1. StarryEyed<3

Whovian # 2. rachie b

Whovian # 3. Mikaissocoollike

Whovian # 4. ilseh1983

Whovian # 5 MelodicFreak

Whovian # 6 Naetcegale

Whovian # 7 lemontine

Whovian # 8 njloverqoj

Whovian # 9 Ellenowl

Whovian # 10 Jolieen

Whovian # 11 cat_loves_mika

Whovian # 12 liveforglitter

Whovian # 13 !xkirstyx!

Whovian # 14 sunnypoos

Whovian # 15 prettynose

Whovian # 16 jasminority

Hi! Can I join in? :blush-anim-cl:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have you already seen the christmas special? I just did. I have to admit that I didn't watch the last two seasons, I didn't like the way Moffat was carrying the characters but I was curious the regeneration and introducing the new Doctor. So for me there was no fireworks and it was evident that Moffat runs out of exceptional ideas and that's a shame. But we'll see what will come with new Doctor and new scenarist :cheerful_h4h:

How are your feelings about that episode?

4 hours ago, Dominika said:

Have you already seen the christmas special? I just did. I have to admit that I didn't watch the last two seasons, I didn't like the way Moffat was carrying the characters but I was curious the regeneration and introducing the new Doctor. So for me there was no fireworks and it was evident that Moffat runs out of exceptional ideas and that's a shame. But we'll see what will come with new Doctor and new scenarist :cheerful_h4h:

How are your feelings about that episode?

I thought it was a good end for PC, and liked the Christmas armistice twist. (Thought the last two series were completely different from each other though).

The new doctor seemed better than on the pre-publicity - younger and less consciously quirky, so let’s hope.