2012 - MIKA @ Volkshaus, Zurich, SWITZERLAND - 8 November - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

dcdeb

Ach du lieber, Zurich!

Tell us all about the show tonight!

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/brummelienchen78/Mika%20Zuerich%20November%202012/P1030639.jpg

=================
REPORTS
=================

mellody (with lovely video for the German fans)

hotchocolate

=================
PICS
=================

Tina78

Statue_of_Liberty

Daeni28

mellody

=================
VIDEOS
=================

Tina:
--

--

--

mellody:

What a fantastic evening! It was nice to meet many new faces.
We got a good spot in the front row and Mika was on fire. It looks like that he enjoyed the concert. He was joking and talking a lot. I think Mellody has filmed something.

Fran, Graciosa , Statue of Liberty and Daeni where in the Choir. :wink2:

Filmed a very lovely Toy Boy.

After the concert he was very fast. It was like " Oh Hi, there is Mika!" :aah:

For me sadly it was my last gig, but I enjoyed it very much. :wub2:

Stardust:

Big Girl:
Edited by Kumazzz
YT vids don't work

Thanks for the vids. :thumb_yello:

It is so wonderful that so many MFCers get the chance to be in the choir at every gig. :wub2:

Indeed! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the lovely videos and quick report, Tina! :flowers2:

It was my first Mika cocert and i was choosen to be part of the choir... i receive my mail on thursday... Being on the stage with him has been the most incredible experience ever!!! I love to meet him, he is just awesome!!! :3

Super :thumb_yello: You must have had a great experience !

Welcome to MFC then :wink2:

Do you mean you got the mail the day of the gig ? That's really short to get organized :sneaky2:

it was an amazing gig yesterday! :wub2: not as fantastic as the one in munich, but nearly. :wink2: mika wasn't as chatty as in munich, but you could tell right from the start that he was in a great mood, he danced like a maniac, and he did tell a few stories as well - for example about the time when he was a waiter, and how some people would call him monkey boy and to take revenge he'd serve them dirty dishwater as a drink, filled up with vodka, and as they were so drunk already, they didn't realize it. :naughty:

we arrived by car at about 2pm, and got number 6-10 in the queue. i was with graciosa, statue, tina and fran, and basically i had half the polka dot choir in my car, as graciosa, statue and fran got picked in the queue to be in the choir. :biggrin2: it was fab to see them on stage! :wub2: and i had a good spot for that too, ended up pretty much front row center, so i could see them much better than the munich polka dot choir, where i had been standing on the right side.

tim had already told us in munich that they'd be looking for more choir members for zurich... and this time it was joy and max coming to the queue around 4:30pm and asking who wanted to do it. we didn't really expect it anymore, as the 2 choir members who had been chosen beforehand had already gone inside - hotchocolate, and i guess the 2nd one was supersalva then, a lovely guy from mexico who studies in switzerland... and we helped the girl who he was there with to get a good spot for seeing him, as she got a number and queued with us and then we told her on which side of the stage the choir would be - hope it worked out fine for her. :thumb_yello:

anyway, joy and max came to the queue and sang celebrate with us - the looks on the faces of people driving by in the street were priceless! :lmfao: joy & max asked us who would like to be in the choir and later came back to take down the names of those who wanted to do it. shortly after that, a nice lady from the crew came out to pick them up - 2 girls from the queue couldn't do it as they weren't 18 yet, but the others could go. i decided not to apply again but watch the show instead, as a) i don't have that many shows left on this tour and b) i was hoping for mika to do step with me, as at the munich m+g he had said "OK" when i asked him... he didn't do it, but i'd have hit myself if he had and i had been in the choir and couldn't watch or properly hear it. well, although he didn't do it, and although i'd have loved to do the voice warm-up with mika once, as we didn't have that in vienna, i'm happy about my choice, as it was fab to enjoy the show from front row center, and jump and dance and just go wild without having to concentrate on which parts of the songs you should sing and which not. :naughty:

the venue looked interesting, i think it was more a theater than a concert venue - the stage was much bigger though than i had imagined from the pix i had seen before. and there was quite a big gap between the stage and the barriers, which worried me at first because it can mean that it's harder for mika to connect with the crowd - no sign of that though, it all went perfectly! :wub2: there was a balcony on the sides and the back, and when i looked up there during love today, i could see that they all were jumping as well! :thumb_yello:

so, yeah, it was a great show, i filmed a bit, mainly the talking bits, and the other stuff was mostly for the polka dot choir to have some videos of themselves with mika on stage. :wink2: i'll upload them all.

after the show we stayed in the venue until they threw us out, as it was warm in there, we were sweaty, and outside it was quite cold (though in the queue in the afternoon i was surprised how warm it was - but guess that was just because the sun was shining in the afternoon). we then went to the backstage entrance, where not that many people were waiting (10-20 maybe, at 2 barriers that blocked the pavement), and chose a spot close to the van which we thought must be mika's. shortly after, the polka dot choir came out, told us about their experiences, and when i just wanted to show saskia my photos i had taken of her on stage, i saw the others concentrating on something behind me, i turned around, and there was mika! :aah: and it was only 11:30 pm, not even an hour after the show ended, i was really surprised! :shocked: so when i realized he stood there, i was like "oh, mika, it's you! you're really fast!" or something like that... and he said, "i have to be fast, i have 3 gigs in 3 days!" :teehee: then he signed some things for others... he seemed to be in a hurry, so i was careful with expressing my question that i had wanted to ask him (already for a while, but always forgot :aah:), and i said "i don't suppose you have time to record a quick video message for your fans on the german fanclub website?" - because he had seemed to be in a hurry, i was surprised that he said "yeah, sure!" and even more surprised that it was a rather long message - i had thought he'd say maybe one sentence, at most. but he kept talking for nearly a minute and i was basically melting, while filming his super-sweet message and looking into his huge brown eyes. :swoon: he's just the best popstar ever! :fangurl: shame that the video is so dark, it didn't look that dark on the camera screen! :aah: anyway, here it is:

[YOUTUBE]9DNwpYnOrZA[/YOUTUBE]

since we drove home after the gig, for to save hotel costs and so fran could catch her flight from munich to italy in the morning, we were quite happy that mika came out so early, so it wouldn't get that late for driving back. still, we were all really tired and it was hard to drive through the night when being so tired, but with at least one of the others always staying awake to entertain me, and several pauses, we made it, and fran had no problems catching her flight. :thumb_yello:

Edited by mellody

Thanks for the great report, Karin! Glad it was a good show! And thanks for sharing this video. He's so lovely, he just is. :wub2:

Thank you everyone for reviews/pix/vids! :thumb_yello:

P1030613.jpg

Oh, so the cute guys from Lucerne were there again! :mf_rosetinted:

Awww. Hope they could wait for the M&G this time. I felt really sorry for them in summer when they had to rush home right after the gig...

Filmed a very lovely Toy Boy.

[YOUTUBE]2Vc2s4GHlQ8[/YOUTUBE]

that must be one of the best Toy Boy performances ever!!! I adore this song and the movie-like introduction he did this time:wub2::wub2:

what a lovely message!!! and how sweet that he agreed to do this and talk that much even though as you said he must have been in a hurry and probably a bit tired too.

:wub2:

Which contract do u need to sign? In what terms?

not sure if anyone ever read it completely, you don't really have time. :naughty: but it's basically that you agree that you're being filmed and recorded, and you give them the rights for your performance, etc. - there even is one paragraph about MFC, iirc it's about agreeing that videos of you will get uploaded on MFC or something like that. :teehee:

i uploaded my zurich videos over the night... like i said, it's mainly the talking, and some bits & pieces for the choir. but looking at the videos, i guess when i said he wasn't as chatty as in munich, i was wrong. :teehee: he did chat a lot! that first bit before blue eyes, he asked whether we were warmed up and what weekday we were feeling like - he mentioned that at other times during the gig as well, at some point that it was like saturday night now. :naughty:

like marion already said, the guys from the blue balls festival were there again, with another hug banner - and mika hugged him again! :biggrin2:

and can i just say, the intro for SITM is getting better and better! :wub2: mika and the band are just jamming, doing it all spontaneously, i love that! :wub2:

I'm not good in doing gig-reports, so I give you the link of my Toy Boy -- this time from another position than Tina, so you can watch Mika and also (brave) Max (Curtis in the back) really close ;)

Edited by faballa

:thumb_yello:

not sure if anyone ever read it completely, you don't really have time. :naughty: but it's basically that you agree that you're being filmed and recorded, and you give them the rights for your performance, etc. - there even is one paragraph about MFC, iirc it's about agreeing that videos of you will get uploaded on MFC or something like that. :teehee:

i uploaded my zurich videos over the night... like i said, it's mainly the talking, and some bits & pieces for the choir. but looking at the videos, i guess when i said he wasn't as chatty as in munich, i was wrong. :teehee: he did chat a lot! that first bit before blue eyes, he asked whether we were warmed up and what weekday we were feeling like - he mentioned that at other times during the gig as well, at some point that it was like saturday night now. :naughty:

like marion already said, the guys from the blue balls festival were there again, with another hug banner - and mika hugged him again! :biggrin2:

and can i just say, the intro for SITM is getting better and better! :wub2: mika and the band are just jamming, doing it all spontaneously, i love that! :wub2:

I won't write a full report, because I don't have time haha

But I had a really good time at the gig! However, I think I've lost a bit of my Mika-mania... I was not as excited as I was two years ago... But Mika was truly amazing. His voice is great and gosh do I still enjoy it when he babbles!! :D

I won't post any pics, because they're more or less all crap... I don't know why, but my camera was so slow and almost everything came out blurry... grml

It was truly amazing to be in the Polka Dot Choir in Zurich! I had so much fun and it was one of the best evenings I've ever had!

At first, it was just Salvador and me who were there. I asked Tim if we were the only two people who applied for Zurich and he said there were more but we were the only good ones. It seemed a bit weird to me that they would reject people but then go pick up people from the queue... But after waiting for what seemed like forever we were finally 7 people and the choir was complete. I enjoyed meeting all of you! :) It was a completely new experience for me to spend the evening with complete strangers and I'm kind of proud of myself for not being ridiculously shy like I normally am. After a quick rehearsal and soundcheck we waited again... And waited... We tried to figure out some dance moves and stuff but I think we (or I at least) forgot a lot of it again once on stage. After a long period of waiting, Mika finally popped his head into our little room! I was so amazed. I've never seen Mika close-up, only from front row so this moment was very special to me. He said that we looked like we needed some energy but I guess we were just kind of tired from waiting. After that came my favorite part of the evening. Mika, his band and the choir all stood in a circle in a small room and did some warming up. At first, Mika said that he would do something (a sound or the like) and we should copy it. He started to do some punches in the air. I was standing right across from him and then he looked at me and said "You're not very good at hitting people". He told me to punch harder and I tried my best. Everyone stopped and looked at me and I had to punch alone and I was just like :nervous: It was kind of embarrassing but at least I had my little moment with Mika. :) After that, we sang Popular and it was so beautiful to stand in that little room and everyone singing with Mika.

The show was awesome but went by so fast! I enjoyed every second of it though. I was standing in the first row, second to Mika's side and it turned out that I had the perfect spot because every time he came to the choir he looked right at me. I loved seeing the audience from the stage and just being able to experience this feeling to sing in front of so many people... It's likely that I won't ever get to do something like that ever again. I think the choir got better and better throughout the concert. For the last couple of songs, we were jumping and dancing around and I think no one really focused on singing anymore. :)

After the show was over, we went down again and all of us were really happy. Mama P said something like "much better than being a lollipop girl, right?". We waited for a while and thankfully (I was worried that I would miss my last train home), Mika came out after about 15 minutes or so. He seemed to be in a bit of a hurry so unfortunately, we didn't get individual pictures. But we got a group picture and he signed our stuff. He also said something about not wanting to talk because he had 3 shows in a row. I guess it's understandable that he was trying not to waste his energy with such a tight schedule. We also got a picture with the band!

Like I said, it was truly a once in a lifetime experience! Every time I went to a Mika concert, I always dreamed about being his background singer and I guess singing in the Polka Dot Choir is the closest I can get to that dream! And it combined two of my favorite things in the world: Mika and singing.

This is the best choir of all times: (of course it is! :naughty:)

Mika_Choir_ZurichKopie.jpg

Mika_Choir_Zurich_07_editedKopie.jpg

Awww, so happy to see Fran there! Which one is you?

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read all the reviews but this caught my eye. I really love this whole choir idea.

Awww, so happy to see Fran there! Which one is you?

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read all the reviews but this caught my eye. I really love this whole choir idea.

We kinda had to force her but it IS lovely! :wub2:

Me? I'm the one in the middle with the mealworm-coloured shirt :aah:

Edited by Statue_of_Liberty