2012 -- Mika @ BBC Radio 2 on Dermot O'Leary's show 01/12/2012

Lucrezia

like I said... 1000000 times before...

Radio ppl would love Stardust! :naughty:

yup!!!

i yelled out loud when dermot suggested that one :aah:

this interview was full of win!:thumb_yello:

i loved everything about it and didn't even mind that he did a cover - it sounded realllyy good too..:wub2:

yup!!!

i yelled out loud when dermot suggested that one :aah:

this interview was full of win!:thumb_yello:

i loved everything about it and didn't even mind that he did a cover - it sounded realllyy good too..:wub2:

Yeah he must be still ill but he sang with amazing and stable voice :wub2:

Stardust should be a next single for UK ! :wink2:

(And my fave recorded song is still LYWID annd my fave live performance song is OOL :naughty:)

There's also a HQ recording of the full program (not just Mika) here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqr1

Mika's at 2:17:16.

They have the Johnny Marr excerpt online separately -- maybe they'll do the same for Mika's section, too.

Edited by dcdeb

Thanks a lot. I love this version of the origin of love. Didn't he say the devil's a muck instead of a slut?

Yes he did... he can't sing 'slut' on UK radio :wink2:

He used to restrain himself from saying bad words in early interviews in French too, but with time he got it that nobody cares and now he doesn't bother anymore :lmfao:

Not being able to say "slut" on the radio is completely ridiculous! :doh: People might be offended? Well, what about those of us who are offended by censorship? It ruins the song because I'm too annoyed.

A couple of Christmases ago R1 banned Fairytale Of New York, because of the line "you cheap lousy faggot", saying it was homophobic. This was after playing it every Christmas since it's release about 20 years ago!

Needless to say there was an uproar, funnily enough from the gay community, to get it put back ON the playlist! Which they did at first with the word faggot bleeped out, but after more protests, it's now played in full again.

The BBC have a long history of doing things like this.

It's funny though how rap songs can get away with using words similar to slut or whore, but other artists get it censored. :dunno:

I find it interesting that he scoffs at the idea of Bond movies and their product placement being classed as "art". That's pretty much what I've been saying about Underwater. :teehee:

I really enjoyed the Paul Simon song. You can tell Mika's been influenced by him especially with a lot of his live arrangements. I remember the first time we heard Blue Eyes standing outside the Roxy while they were rehearsing. It was difficult to hear anything clearly but that was obvious immediately. I've never been a huge Paul Simon fan because I don't like his voice but his songs are great and with Mika's vocals it's a wonderful combination.

It's a shame Mika has a difficult relationship with the British media because I really love these interviews. The banter is great and Mika just seems so at home.

Is BBC really censoring it or is just Mika censoring himself? I thought Jo Whiley played the song in July. Was it bleeped out then? :blink:

I think it could be BBC censoring, as when you listen to the Live Lounge on R1, anyone who performs a song with questionable lyrics, either skips the offending word, or replaces it.

Ed Sheeran did that for one line in his song You need Me.

I think it could be BBC censoring, as when you listen to the Live Lounge on R1, anyone who performs a song with questionable lyrics, either skips the offending word, or replaces it.

Ed Sheeran did that for one line in his song You need Me.

Adele also censors herself in Canada even though there is no regulation against her using swear words at her own gigs. In fact in Canada there isn't even a cultural reason for that kind of censorship. (The word is "sh*t" and it's not offensive to any reasonable person in its context.) I suspect she was just warned that "Americans" are uptight and is playing it safe.

Adele also censors herself in Canada even though there is no regulation against her using swear words at her own gigs. In fact in Canada there isn't even a cultural reason for that kind of censorship. (The word is "sh*t" and it's not offensive to any reasonable person in its context.) I suspect she was just warned that "Americans" are uptight and is playing it safe.

Strangely, I heard a remis of Pink's Blow me one last kiss today and the **** part was not there :dunno: but when they play the real song, it,s there!