Hia Leah - lyrics and discussion

Oh I thought it was"Century man"!! Sorry!! ^^

Yes I prefer "Century man" me too I have blow of heart for this song :wub2:

I'd a notice safer for "Hia Leah" when we have the studio version ;)

Oh I love "Century Man" brilliant, amazing song :wub2:

I can't stop listening to this one,it's such a soft and relaxing song,and his warm and gentle voice :wub2: it's like he's telling a bedtime story to me :wub2:

Me too. I can't believe everyone is downplaying this song. His voice is so soft and beautiful it gave me chills the first few times I heard it. I was lamenting the fact that there is no Lady Jane on this tour because it was the highlight of the 2009 acoustic tour for the same reason. But overall Lady Jane was an odd song with a couple of really cringeworthy lyrics and it was only redeemed by his amazing live performances. But Hia Leah is perfect.

Sure it's not going to be a single but I don't believe that Mika is working on a new album at this point. He's definitely not going to record Century Man and I'll be surprised if this makes it onto an album either. It seems like a nice treat especially for these shows and I'm going to savour every performance. I love it.

Century Man was better than I first thought when I started to listen to the lyrics and Mika's performances at the piano look like a lot of fun. But the "century maaaaaan" sounds whiny (not as bad as "elle est libre" because at least it sounds on pitch) and as DaMango pointed out it's very derivative of Billy Brown and Dr. John. Or given that this song is so old it's probably fairer to say Dr. John has borrowed from Century Man. In any case I am sick of Billy Brown and Dr. John never really appealed to me so I'm going to tire of Century Man pretty quickly I think.

I'm glad he shared it with us and I'll get to see some performances but it's probably best that he's selling it and moving on to new material for a future album.

Me too. I can't believe everyone is downplaying this song. His voice is so soft and beautiful it gave me chills the first few times I heard it. I was lamenting the fact that there is no Lady Jane on this tour because it was the highlight of the 2009 acoustic tour for the same reason. But overall Lady Jane was an odd song with a couple of really cringeworthy lyrics and it was only redeemed by his amazing live performances. But Hia Leah is perfect.

Sure it's not going to be a single but I don't believe that Mika is working on a new album at this point. He's definitely not going to record Century Man and I'll be surprised if this makes it onto an album either. It seems like a nice treat especially for these shows and I'm going to savour every performance. I love it.

I'm glad he shared it with us and I'll get to see some performances but it's probably best that he's selling it and moving on to new material for a future album.

Exactly,his voice here has something,dunno what,but it's something overwhelming and intense,and while Lady Jane gave me always a feeling of sadness,this one makes me feel so good :wub2: I hope he'll keep it on his setlist,though I'm afraid he won't do it on festivals,this song is suitable especially for this kind of intimate gigs,as you said :sad: But I'm glad we can get to see it,and hear it,even it's from those so-much-disputed videos :thumb_yello:

I get that feeling too, which is why I'm extra annoyed by the self-appointed fandom police. It's going to be like How Much Do You Love Me, and whatever bootleg recordings we get are ALL we're going to get!

:nervous:

Exactly,his voice here has something,dunno what,but it's something overwhelming and intense,and while Lady Jane gave me always a feeling of sadness,this one makes me feel so good :wub2:

Yes it's a happy little song.

I get that feeling too, which is why I'm extra annoyed by the self-appointed fandom police. It's going to be like How Much Do You Love Me, and whatever bootleg recordings we get are ALL we're going to get!

:nervous:

Yes I think it's going exactly the way of HMDYLM.

The fandom police annoy me for so many many reasons, particularly the fact that they are self-appointed even though they just jumped on the Mika bandwagon 10 minutes ago and have no idea what is going on. It's just a very inept attempt to involve and include themselves when there are far better ways to go about it. That's why we have a fan club. Twitter is just an anarchic game of telephone with misinformation and hysteria spreading like wildfire.

Yes it's a happy little song.

Yes I think it's going exactly the way of HMDYLM.

The fandom police annoy me for so many many reasons, particularly the fact that they are self-appointed even though they just jumped on the Mika bandwagon 10 minutes ago and have no idea what is going on. It's just a very inept attempt to involve and include themselves when there are far better ways to go about it. That's why we have a fan club. Twitter is just an anarchic game of telephone with misinformation and hysteria spreading like wildfire.

especially when people come and take informations from MCF secretly and put them on Twitter pretending to have special connections to persons behind Mika and let themselves adore like stars........ and the same people are badmouthing MFC all over the place.

especially when people come and take informations from MCF secretly and put them on Twitter pretending to have special connections to persons behind Mika and let themselves adore like stars........ and the same people are badmouthing MFC all over the place.

Weren't the videos going around Twitter anyway? Anyway I don't want to have anything to do with that Bizarro Mikaland happening on Twitter with the blind leading the blind. But I had to say something yesterday because all that harassment was leading the uploaders to remove their videos.

Just heard Hia Leah and it's my favourite IMO

The lyrics are simply perfect for that symphony and I really hope that he'll performe it even in Europe because I would like to listen it live someday :wub2:

Thanks very much for the help about the lyrics! :flowers2:

Weren't the videos going around Twitter anyway? Anyway I don't want to have anything to do with that Bizarro Mikaland happening on Twitter with the blind leading the blind. But I had to say something yesterday because all that harassment was leading the uploaders to remove their videos.

It´s not about the videos, it´s informations about everything we are talking here, tourdates or other plans Mika has or any rumours we are talking about. People ( you know who I mean ) put in on Twitter telling their followers " someone who knows Mika told me...... believe me one of my contact told me........

It´s so cheap .................

We have a publicly available video (for now :naughty:) so time for a discussion!

[YOUTUBE]sb1HKuCDHj0[/YOUTUBE]

This is my best guess on the lyrics right now. Any suggestions welcome. :thumb_yello:

Hia Leah out of my reach

Now that you preach

Gotta find ya

Some other way

In order to say

Any other love song

They may take you for a ride

But mine aren't like the other ones

I won't try to satisfy my urges of desire on you

On you

Hia Leah I'll be your moon

Follow you soon

Just to see ya

Float into space

The moon on your face

Any other love song

They like to romanticize

And tell you you're the only one

I don't need to idolize

I love you just the way you are

Just the way you are

Hia Leah I'll be your prince

Won't drop any hints

Cause I need ya

All money is spent

Can't pay my rent

Any other love song

They like to fool you blind

I don't need to idolize

I need you and that's all

I need you that's all

a follower gave us this hint

tumblr_mkhjw25D5A1qlnaxzo1_500.jpg

" Hia Leah….these are 2 words in arabic. Hia means “she” and Leah means “Mine”.

So the song is called she’s mine if it has the purpose of arabic meaning!"

It´s not about the videos, it´s informations about everything we are talking here, tourdates or other plans Mika has or any rumours we are talking about. People ( you know who I mean ) put in on Twitter telling their followers " someone who knows Mika told me...... believe me one of my contact told me........

It´s so cheap .................

I suppose anyone who believes that a 60+ year old who lives in semi rural Ontario has any connection to Mika or anyone who knows him in any capacity is going to believe anything. I guess there will always be someone around trying to take advantage of that. Why anyone believes anything they read from a stranger on Twitter when there is an established community here of people who have known each other in real life for years and have contact with Mika and his staff is beyond me.

As long as they don't bring their drama here. And as long as they stay the hell away from me at the gigs :mf_rosetinted:

I suppose anyone who believes that a 60+ year old who lives in semi rural Ontario has any connection to Mika or anyone who knows him in any capacity is going to believe anything. I guess there will always be someone around trying to take advantage of that. Why anyone believes anything they read from a stranger on Twitter when there is an established community here of people who have known each other in real life for years and have contact with Mika and his staff is beyond me.

As long as they don't bring their drama here. And as long as they stay the hell away from me at the gigs :mf_rosetinted:

Fingers crossed you won´t run into them :wink2::teehee:

Thank you! Really interesting :thumb_yello:

Thanks for telling us the meaning! :wink2:

I googled it and Hialeah is a town in Florida. You guys probably already know that though.

I prefer the Arabic theory- it's more imaginative!

Yes maybe it's a combination. Hialeah comes from Native American languages but he seems to be spelling it Hia Leah and evoking something other than a placename so it could be anything I guess. He is very clear about the meaning of Melachi but it seems too much of a coincidence that it's an anagram of Michael to believe he only chose the name because of its Arabic meaning.

We have a publicly available video (for now :naughty:) so time for a discussion!

This is my best guess on the lyrics right now. Any suggestions welcome. :thumb_yello:

Hia Leah out of my reach

Now that you preach

Gotta find ya

Some other way

In order to say

Any other love song

On you

Follow you soon

Just to see ya

Float into space

The moon on your face

Any other love song

They like to romanticize

And tell you you're the only one

I don't need to idolize

I love you just the way you are

Just the way you are

Hia Leah I'll be your prince

Won't drop any hints

Cause I need yah

All money is spent

Can't pay my rent

Any other love song

They like to fool you blind

I don't need to idolize

I need you and that's all

I need you that's all

It sounds so overly attached girlfriend/boyfriend :teehee:

But, overall I love the lyrics

I understand Arabic, and I hardly no doubt that is true

Hia Leah out of my reach

Now that you preach

Gotta find ya

Some other way

In order to say

Any other love song

On you

Follow you soon