2013 - Jakarta, Indonesia - Skenoo Hall, 10 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

It wasn't my fault :fisch:

I think he meant you when he said that Indonesia fans are hardcore because many of them travelling around the world to see him.

Lets say he's bad at geography :teehee:

Well.. yeah when he said.. at least this time it's in your country... I was like .. NOOO.. haha..

Well, in his defense, he DOES meet a lot of people. :teehee: I mean, I'm surprised he can remember anyone at all after all the thousands upon thousands of fans he's met at this point. At least he had a general idea where Jasmin was from, right? :wink2: I've been lucky enough to exchange a few words with him every time I've met him, and he knows that I'm *DC*Deb and that the first time he met me was in Washington, DC. And yet, he still thought I was Canadian when he saw me in Iceland. :naughty: Close enough. Though I don't think he'll forget where I'm from after that meeting...

Yeah.. absolutely, too much to expect him to remember everything abt everyone.. at least he knows our faces :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah I mean we're the ones travelling to other places to see him so it's not a geography issue. I've seen him just as many times in London as I have in Canada and even more in the US. Obviously he can place our accents in North America but I wouldn't expect more than that. I did tell him I had a condo across the lake from the Sound Academy but I doubt he wrote that down in his stalker files for future reference :lmfao:

I wonder if there are other fans from Indonesia because he said something about NYC too didn't he?

Yeah.. he said NYC. And I've never been there.. but then again.. I don't think he remembers what places we met at except for Hong Kong & Singapore & now Jakarta.. easier to remember these I think. Just by looks I could be from anywhere from around the region.. at least he knows it's South East Asia.

:mf_rosetinted: That's because he knew you were with me (the "famous" one) in Montreal.

So he assumed you were Canadian :fisch:

Hahaaaa... of course :)

It wasn't until the last Amsterdam gig when I was in the choir that he realised I was Dutch. He was very proud that he remembered it a week later. Sure hecwon't forget it now :naughty:

Ingie... you are so un-Dutch like.. even back then you speak such good English and was traveling at such a young age.

He still hasn't got a clue where Yulia is from.

Every time he sees her he makes another guess, I don't think he'll ever figure it out:naughty:

LOL!!! I often wondered what he thinks of us... whether it's like a game for him at every gig to see which crazy fan he recognises is there. And if he is curious at all about us. If I were him I'd be freaking curious to know abt my crazy fans.

Ingie... you are so un-Dutch like.. even back then you speak such good English and was traveling at such a young age.

I was very un-regular-teenager like back then:naughty:.

And still, now I am a very un-regular-twentysomething :mf_rosetinted:

LOL!!! I often wondered what he thinks of us... whether it's like a game for him at every gig to see which crazy fan he recognises is there. And if he is curious at all about us. If I were him I'd be freaking curious to know abt my crazy fans.

:aah::aah: i would be too...and maybe he was in the earlier days but then crazies come out and you're better off not knowing :teehee:

I've been super lucky and have managed to meet and exchange a few short words after every gig I've seen (though I was resigned to it not happening in DC - and when it did it was just all the nicer) I agree with the thinking that you don't expect it, but try your best to make it happen and if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be...THAT time :wink2:

I also have no idea if he recognises/remembers me but I don't exactly blend in with the rest of the crowd so who knows :aah:

i was one of polka dot choir... what can i say??

oh yeah.. singing with Mika was AH-MAZING.... its a dream came true for me.. but being in front row (dancing,singing,jumping) is AWESOME too.. so.. don't be sad if you're not in the polka dot choir...

we were jumping and singing along at the backstage too but just a few of us there.. and the promoter crew gave us "did they took the wrong pills??" look.. HAHAHA..

just forget the bad things, guys...... saw his live performance was more than good enough for me... hopefully he'll come around sometimes.. maybe to singapore, malaysia, Philipphine, Thailand, any country nearby cuz i'm gonna be there for sure..

I was very un-regular-teenager like back then:naughty:.

And still, now I am a very un-regular-twentysomething :mf_rosetinted:

Not regular is GOOD! :thumb_yello:

:aah::aah: i would be too...and maybe he was in the earlier days but then crazies come out and you're better off not knowing :teehee:

I've been super lucky and have managed to meet and exchange a few short words after every gig I've seen (though I was resigned to it not happening in DC - and when it did it was just all the nicer) I agree with the thinking that you don't expect it, but try your best to make it happen and if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be...THAT time :wink2:

I also have no idea if he recognises/remembers me but I don't exactly blend in with the rest of the crowd so who knows :aah:

He probably does :blush-anim-cl: I think it's easier to recognise some, more than others... early crazy fans easier to recognise I guess cause there were few of us. I've been lucky from the start of my Mika journey. Love every part of it :wub2:

i was one of polka dot choir... what can i say??

oh yeah.. singing with Mika was AH-MAZING.... its a dream came true for me.. but being in front row (dancing,singing,jumping) is AWESOME too.. so.. don't be sad if you're not in the polka dot choir...

we were jumping and singing along at the backstage too but just a few of us there.. and the promoter crew gave us "did they took the wrong pills??" look.. HAHAHA..

just forget the bad things, guys...... saw his live performance was more than good enough for me... hopefully he'll come around sometimes.. maybe to singapore, malaysia, Philipphine, Thailand, any country nearby cuz i'm gonna be there for sure..

Glad you had an awesome experience. Which one was you? The only person I know who was in the choir was Asti. Hope to see you at Mika's next South East Asia gig :blush-anim-cl:

• 2 weeks later...

Facebook :

(A MAGAZINE for young girls in Indonesia.)

Majalah GADIS

Siapa yang nggak sempat nonton konser Mika dan Big Sound Festival kemarin? Jangan sedih ya... GADIS kasih liputan lengkapnya di GADIS edisi terbaru G15/2013 yg terbit hari ini. Don't miss it!

968928_10151599251607488_293257890_n.jpg

Facebook :

(A MAGAZINE for young girls in Indonesia.)

Majalah GADIS

Siapa yang nggak sempat nonton konser Mika dan Big Sound Festival kemarin? Jangan sedih ya... GADIS kasih liputan lengkapnya di GADIS edisi terbaru G15/2013 yg terbit hari ini. Don't miss it!

968928_10151599251607488_293257890_n.jpg

Article

http://jakartavenue.com/2013/05/relax-take-easy-mika/

Bulan Mei 2013 bisa dikatakan merupakan bulannya konser di Jakarta. Berbagai show music dan konser musisi lokal dan internasional digelar bulan ini. Sebut saja Big Sound Festival yang menghadirkan Blur & The Temper Trap, hingga konser Arkarna Party Tour Indonesia 2013.

Bahkan, pada hari Jumat, 10 Mei 2013 lalu digelar dua konser musik dari musisi internasional, yaitu Sigur Ros yang digelar di Istora Senayan dan konser Mika yang digelar di Skeenoo Hall Gandaria City.

JakartaVenue.com tentunya tak melewatkan sajian konser musik dari Mika, musisi asal Inggris kelahiran Lebanon. Antrian panjang mengular puluhan meter sudah terlihat sejak sore, para penonton antusias menunggu gate yang dibuka sekitar pukul 19.00 WIB dan berdasarkan schedule, konser dimulai pukul 20.00 WIB.

Konser dimulai sekitar pukul 20.15 WIB. Mika tampil diiringi pemain bandnya. Ia tampil rapi menggunakan kemeja putih yang dipadukan blazer hitam, celana hitam, serta topi fedora berwarna hitam. Semua itu dikombinasikan dengan bretel berwarna merah yang dibiarkan tergantung di samping kakinya.

“Good evening Jakarta! selamat malam! It’s nice to be here” tutur Mika menyapa ribuan penonton. Penonton pun histeris melihat sang idola tampil sangat energik dan atraktif di atas panggung dengan lagu pembuka “Relax (Take It Easy)” dilanjutkan dengan lagu “Lola”. Pria 29 tahun tersebut pun semakin membuat histeris penggemarnya saat ia menyanyikan lagu “Lollipop” secara akustik, disambung dengan “Billy Brown” yang diambil dari album pertamanya “Life in Cartoon Motion” tahun 2007 silam.

Memasuki pertengahan konser, penampilan Mika semakin memanas. Tak jarang ia berlari dari sisi kiri dan kanan, bahkan duduk, berdiri, dan menari di atas pianonya. Sekilas penampilannya mirip dengan gaya musisi Fredy Mercury. Tata panggung dengan dominasi polkadot hijau dan putih serta set lighting warna-warni yang membentuk simbol hati menjadi pelengkap penampilan atraktif Mika saat membawakan lagu “Stuck In the Middle”, “Rain”, “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)”, “Celebrate” hingga “Grace Kelly”. Kejutan kembali muncul saat Mika membawakan lagu “Love Today”, ia berbuat jahil pada salah satu personil bandnya yang merangkap sebagai penyanyi latar dengan mencabut kabel microphone saat penyanyi latar tersebut bernyanyi.

Tepat pukul 22.00 WIB, Mika menutup konsernya dengan lagu “We Are Golden” yang bercerita mengenai mimpi anak muda, kemudian ia berteriak “We are not what you think we are! We are golden! We are golden!”. Kemudian, Mika pun pamit dengan mengajak seluruh personilnya untuk maju ke depan panggung, sambiul mengucapkan terimakasih kepada penonton. “Jakarta, you’re amazing!” teriak Mika yang disambut histeris penonton.

Tetapi penonton seakan masih belum puas, dan dengan kompak mereka berteriak “We want more! We want more!” Tak lama, Mika dan para personil band pendukung kembali ke panggung dan melanjutkan aksi dengan membawakan “Lollipop”. Rupanya Mika ingin memberikan lagu penutup yang manis untuk para penggemarnya. You did it, Mika!

Mika-JakartaVenue1.jpg

Mika-Jakarta-Venue1.jpg

Mika-JakartaVenuecom1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2013/5/12 at 11:27 PM, Efriani said:

First, I think it's because the promoter made his schedule without his permission. Mika just knew he have to perform on X Factor when he was in press conference.

Second, when we met on rooftop, he's not like Mika. He wasn't really nice at that moment. He was in hurry with his panda eyes.

Third, it might an assumption because Mika didn't tweet a lot in Jakarta.

Quite simple :teehee:

And here our video when we met him at rooftop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JDM0HcsnNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The YouTube link doesn't work... :no:

Could anyone share it please ?

• 3 years later...
  • silver changed the title to 2013 - Jakarta, Indonesia - Skenoo Hall, 10 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS