Game of Thrones Thread

I love Tyrian ... he's so much better than all those other ghastly Lannisters - they look down on him and he's fantastic .. figures you can't choose your family :teehee:

I wish someone would chop Joffrey's head off - horrible boy :wink2:

I love Tyrian ... he's so much better than all those other ghastly Lannisters - they look down on him and he's fantastic .. figures you can't choose your family :teehee:

I wish someone would chop Joffrey's head off - horrible boy :wink2:

I do like Jamie as well, not all the Lannisters are awful. Tywin is a very solid character, but he is quite evil.

I do like Jamie as well, not all the Lannisters are awful. Tywin is a very solid character, but he is quite evil.

I am actually warming to Jamie somewhat this season ... certainly more so than the first two :wink2: I'm not really bothered about Tywin either way ... neither dislike him or like him ... I love all the Starks though :wub2: Especially Sansa

I am actually warming to Jamie somewhat this season ... certainly more so than the first two :wink2: I'm not really bothered about Tywin either way ... neither dislike him or like him ... I love all the Starks though :wub2: Especially Sansa

Jamie's treatment of Brienne and his monologue about when he killed the old king definitely helped give the audience different look at his character. I really liked the line from earlier this season

"You don't choose who you love."

*swoon*

Sansa has beautiful hair:wub2:

Jamie's treatment of Brienne and his monologue about when he killed the old king definitely helped give the audience different look at his character. I really liked the line from earlier this season

"You don't choose who you love."

*swoon*

I agree with both of you on this one. Jamie's kindness and bravery with regard to Brienne was totally unexpected for me. I found myself doing the whole "awwwwww" thing as I watched the episode (Bear and Maiden Fair - or something like that).

What has me uneasy is that Jamie, for example, has turned out to be not so bad. That makes me worry that some of the Starks, whom I truly prefer, will turn out to be not so nice. And I don't know if I'm prepared for that yet.

I just need to see more of those creepy, half dead walker things north of the wall. They hint at it just enough that I'm super intrigued by them.

Jamie has turned out to be so awesome, which surprised me. I think he needs to stay away from Cercei, though, she obviously brings out the worst in him.

I feel bad for Sansa, it must be terrible to be forced to marry someone who is pretty much a stranger. But I just wish she could see what a kind and amazing guy Tyrion is! (name in light blue to protect anyone who isn't up to date and doesn't want to be spoiled :thumb_yello:)

Jamie has turned out to be so awesome, which surprised me. I think he needs to stay away from Cercei, though, she obviously brings out the worst in him.

I definitely agree! And I think that Cersei is one of the 'main evil' characters in the series!

And about the unnecessary sex scenes that don't take place in the books: I think that it is easier for them to insert sex scenes than shooting all the battles and everything. And that's why the war scenes, which are actualy a major part of the books, are taking a smaller place on the series. You don't have a budget and you don't spend lots of money on war scenes and things like that while writing a book! :D

I definitely agree! And I think that Cersei is one of the 'main evil' characters in the series!

And about the unnecessary sex scenes that don't take place in the books: I think that it is easier for them to insert sex scenes than shooting all the battles and everything. And that's why the war scenes, which are actualy a major part of the books, are taking a smaller place on the series. You don't have a budget and you don't spend lots of money on war scenes and things like that while writing a book! :D

Agree with you both about Cersai. She is just EVIL - like village of the damned evil with that blond hair. She's creepy. And I hadn't thought about the sex v war stuff like that. Very good point!!!!

Agree with you both about Cersai. She is just EVIL - like village of the damned evil with that blond hair. She's creepy. And I hadn't thought about the sex v war stuff like that. Very good point!!!!

I think she is more bitter than evil, she was married off at a young age to a king who she hated. She never choose to live the life she did, she is just making the best of it. That being said, she does say/do some rotten things.

I think she is more bitter than evil, she was married off at a young age to a king who she hated. She never choose to live the life she did, she is just making the best of it. That being said, she does say/do some rotten things.

Awwww! You're so much nicer and forgiving than I am when it comes to her. I respect that. I'll try not to be so darn harsh on her from now on. :sneaky2: But you honestly make a really good point. I doubt I'd be a beacon of light and joy if I had been married off to someone I didn't care for, and knowing he was actually in love with someone else! Oh well, she is still kinda fun to "hate". Spawning offspring with your brother though? I have two brothers, and I love them dearly ... I just don't LOVE them. The idea makes my gag reflex kick in.

Awwww! You're so much nicer and forgiving than I am when it comes to her. I respect that. I'll try not to be so darn harsh on her from now on. :sneaky2: But you honestly make a really good point. I doubt I'd be a beacon of light and joy if I had been married off to someone I didn't care for, and knowing he was actually in love with someone else! Oh well, she is still kinda fun to "hate". Spawning offspring with your brother though? I have two brothers, and I love them dearly ... I just don't LOVE them. The idea makes my gag reflex kick in.

Hating her/jamie for incest is a bit rash, I am not condoning incest at all, but I like to think of how jamie put it "you don't choose who you love".

Also its a TV show, if its IRL incest is obviously much worse because of the legitimate health risks for the offspring.

Hating her/jamie for incest is a bit rash, I am not condoning incest at all, but I like to think of how jamie put it "you don't choose who you love".

Also its a TV show, if its IRL incest is obviously much worse because of the legitimate health risks for the offspring.

I think seeing Joffrey on tv is enough to put normal siblings off incest for life ... imagine having a kid like that ... hee

I think seeing Joffrey on tv is enough to put normal siblings off incest for life ... imagine having a kid like that ... hee

Really though, Joffery is the worst. He is by far the most evil character. Just to his roots.

Last night's episode rocked my world. I didn't know what was coming since I haven't read the books. I just stared at the television when the episode ended. The credits were rolling in total silence, and I was stunned.

Goodness- more drama there than in the episode :shocked:

There's also RedWeddingTears on Twitter, dedicated to retweeting people's outrage. I'm especially amused by the people who don't even know the characters' names, how can they be upset about "Ron" Stark? :aah:

They threaten to never watch again, even to cancel their HBO subscriptions . . . I understand fans being upset, but I just wonder how they got this far? To quote a character a couple episodes back, "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."