in fact it is! :sneaky2:

I miss those times when big arguments were carried on for pages and pages....

:naughty:

i prefer the term "heated discussions" :naughty:

:roftl: I love them as well. Just too busy to start one at the moment :naughty:

it's easy to mislead people when you repeat the same thing over and over and over. Truth is, a lie remains a lie, no matter if you edit/copy it 300 times in the hopes of reaching a larger audience.

I still find it ridiculous how Mika needed to make this statement to stand up against these pseudo characters misguiding vulnerable people. How can anyone be so desperate to believe the words of fictive characters no-one has ever met versus people sharing a common interst and who form a real life community. MFC is not merely an online forum: members do meet at gigs and we may not be all best friends but at least we take care of each other when needed.

Obviously, MFC is not perfect, and there will be times when people argue and feelings get hurt -- I think a lot of times that's what people mean when they say they feel "bullied."

That's the other point that is beyond my understanding... Over the last 6+ years I have seen some (melo)dramatic farewells, most claiming that they got hurt by not having their point taken / understood / ackowledged on one of the threads... How about the rest of the forum and people? If one visits only one particular foreign language thread in hte whole forum due to language difficulties, for example, and gets intimidated by those members, that's fair enough: they leave because they don't get on well in that particular space they could communicate. Why blame MFC for that though? :dunno: I think it is a big enough forum for everyone to find their own interest and the members they like communicating to the most , so why blame everyone for one's own personal problems of not being able to find 'friends'?

I still find it ridiculous how Mika needed to make this statement to stand up against these pseudo characters misguiding vulnerable people. How can anyone be so desperate to believe the words of fictive characters no-one has ever met versus people sharing a common interst and who form a real life community. MFC is not merely an online forum: members do meet at gigs and we may not be all best friends but at least we take care of each other when needed.

It’s not a coincidence the 3 most verbal/outrage about Mika’s decision yesterday also happen to be 3 members who were banned from MFC for not being able to follow simple guidelines. Asking members to follow guidelines is NOT bullying, it’s common sense.

It is also not a coincidence that 2 out of the 3 people remain faceless/voiceless, after all those years of being a Mika fan. The third one is a new addition to the fandom and is clueless, a follower.

What they don’t seem to understand (or in some cases, don’t care) is by trying to hurt MFC, they are actually hurting Mika. Writing nasty messages on all youtube videos for years hurts Mika. So as much as they cry being “great supporters/great fans” blablabla, what they give with one hand, they cancel with the other. Not to mention making fools of themselves.

Unfortunately this has been going on for so long that they have been able to draw in younglings and other vulnerable people who don't know us in real life so I guess any online source is as credible as the next. Especially when they are acting kind and providing info and warding you off from "the nasties".

They are not just fictional characters but they've created a fictional world where they are THE Mika fandom and MFC is some small group of haters who have fallen out of favour with Mika. I saw 15 year olds having full blown meltdowns when they realized that Mika owned MFC and that Mika was following dcdeb. Their have been told such a pack of lies by people old enough to be their grandparents it shocks even me.

When I thought this was just a bit of trolling to stir up trouble and a personal vendetta against a few MFCers I tried to ignore it but as Guylaine says this is hurting Mika and innocent younglings are being lied to and manipulated. My favourite part of Mika's post is that people who do this are no fans of his. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Unfortunately this has been going on for so long that they have been able to draw in younglings and other vulnerable people who don't know us in real life so I guess any online source is as credible as the next. Especially when they are acting kind and providing info and warding you off from "the nasties".

They are not just fictional characters but they've created a fictional world where they are THE Mika fandom and MFC is some small group of haters who have fallen out of favour with Mika. I saw 15 year olds having full blown meltdowns when they realized that Mika owned MFC and that Mika was following dcdeb. Their have been told such a pack of lies by people old enough to be their grandparents it shocks even me.

When I thought this was just a bit of trolling to stir up trouble and a personal vendetta against a few MFCers I tried to ignore it but as Guylaine says this is hurting Mika and innocent younglings are being lied to and manipulated. My favourite part of Mika's post is that people who do this are no fans of his. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I had some "heated discussions" with Christine a lot of times, almost hating her :naughty: But in the personal level I want to thank you for all your work and unprejudiced attitude to us. As alive person, mods have their own point of view, of course, and will defend it as any other of us - it is clear. So I don't understand people who considers it as a bullying. In Tumblr there was an account, where were loads of posts of former MFCers with confessions how they hate this place. I suppose, it was a great stab in MFC :sneaky2:

The worth thing is that people say MFC while talking about some peculiar persons, who are not faces and spokesmen of MFC, and who are just a common members. Obviously, as Deb said, MFC is a mixture of different cultures and ages - so no wonder that there are some quarrels (taking into account that quarrels happen even within one family!) How it is possible to blame MFC?

Well, for me this place is cosy and lively. It is my second home, and I'm glad that Mika is with us :huglove:

First I would like to say thank you for to Mika for this message and then thank you to all those who work so hard in running MFC and protecting us and making sure this continues to be such a positive environment by making sure people stick to the guidelines.

Then I would like to say to any MFCers: If you see a youngling, or any new fan, come over to our community or maybe on another part of the internet such as Facebook, Tumblr or Twitter consider MFC then encourage them that this is a positive environment, maybe sharing an experience you have had with some friends from here.

Don't try to gain them by slating these people on twitter and saying they're bad people cos that just causes opposition and we want to avoid getting caught up with them again. :wink2:

And finally, to any new MFCers WELCOME!!! :arf2: It's ok to be a bit nervous and shy, especially when you feel like you're interrupting a conversation on a thread (i still feel like that sometimes :naughty:) but trust me, you will find some amazing people here and if you have any questions about how to go about the forum or just general questions, don't be afraid to ask! I know sometimes the mods can be a bit scary (I love you guys really, honestly :teehee:) but there's always someone. If i'm free ask me! :bleh:

ok i think that it... :whew:

I hope it made sense :crossed::blush-anim-cl:

I had some "heated discussions" with Christine a lot of times, almost hating her :naughty: But in the personal level I want to thank you for all your work and unprejudiced attitude to us. As alive person, mods have their own point of view, of course, and will defend it as any other of us - it is clear. So I don't understand people who considers it as a bullying. In Tumblr there was an account, where were loads of posts of former MFCers with confessions how they hate this place. I suppose, it was a great stab in MFC :sneaky2:

The worth thing is that people say MFC while talking about some peculiar persons, who are not faces and spokesmen of MFC, and who are just a common members. Obviously, as Deb said, MFC is a mixture of different cultures and ages - so no wonder that there are some quarrels (taking into account that quarrels happen even within one family!) How it is possible to blame MFC?

Well, for me this place is cosy and lively. It is my second home, and I'm glad that Mika is with us :huglove:

.. and language problems. I wanted to write before, now I do it with the help of google translator. Are strongly dyslexic, it is almost impossible for me to write and hard to read languages ​​that are not mine, and also in Italian I have to keep correcting my writings. Yet until recently, my job was just writing.

A few things struck me han and saddened, I tried to write them in some way, probably in the most wrong, and at the time I was accused of being a troublemaker, and instead I was in good faith and only wound. I'll find someone to translate my words, to explain and to rebuild a relationship with this forum, because I think it has done many good things for the artist Mika, and that in fact is full of interesting people, humanly and intellectually.

I hope that no one read anything wrong in my post, it's just an attempt to return to their lost confidence.

.. and language problems. I wanted to write before, now I do it with the help of google translator. Are strongly dyslexic, it is almost impossible for me to write and hard to read languages ​​that are not mine, and also in Italian I have to keep correcting my writings. Yet until recently, my job was just writing.

A few things struck me han and saddened, I tried to write them in some way, probably in the most wrong, and at the time I was accused of being a troublemaker, and instead I was in good faith and only wound. I'll find someone to translate my words, to explain and to rebuild a relationship with this forum, because I think it has done many good things for the artist Mika, and that in fact is full of interesting people, humanly and intellectually.

I hope that no one read anything wrong in my post, it's just an attempt to return to their lost confidence.

Yes, I agree.

Many things sound harsh because of lack of feeling of the English language, especially cultural differences in language. 2 girls broke up in my eyes ( I mean, I saw their dialogue live :aah: ), misunderstanding that "you" means in some languages "one" in general, and not exactly that girl.

I'm with you, and I appreciate so much your being here... :huglove:

First I would like to say thank you for to Mika for this message and then thank you to all those who work so hard in running MFC and protecting us and making sure this continues to be such a positive environment by making sure people stick to the guidelines.

Then I would like to say to any MFCers: If you see a youngling, or any new fan, come over to our community or maybe on another part of the internet such as Facebook, Tumblr or Twitter consider MFC then encourage them that this is a positive environment, maybe sharing an experience you have had with some friends from here.

Don't try to gain them by slating these people on twitter and saying they're bad people cos that just causes opposition and we want to avoid getting caught up with them again. :wink2:

And finally, to any new MFCers WELCOME!!! :arf2: It's ok to be a bit nervous and shy, especially when you feel like you're interrupting a conversation on a thread (i still feel like that sometimes :naughty:) but trust me, you will find some amazing people here and if you have any questions about how to go about the forum or just general questions, don't be afraid to ask! I know sometimes the mods can be a bit scary (I love you guys really, honestly :teehee:) but there's always someone. If i'm free ask me! :bleh:

ok i think that it... :whew:

Sorry, but I can't concentrate on your lines, blame it on your signature... :hypo:

:aah:

Mika was following Deb???:blink:

I totally agree with everything what was said in that thread.

I think most of the people who left MFC because they felt bullied were not able to cope with other people have/ had different opinions to their opinions. And then they go on other sides and make up stories isn´t fair. O.K., some people got banned from MFC because of their bad behaviour and breaking the rules. A few days ago I saw some people who never visited the Forum or never heard of MFC before but listened to you know who asking to shut down the MFC because we would ruin Mika. Reading things like this hurts me very much because I love MFC, I know the truth about MFC and I met so many wonderful people here and in real life.

I really hope the whole situation will calm down very soon now. Let´s stay together and show Mika that we are worth his respect. :group_hug:

And about every inch of Mika you could think of actually :teehee:

Yes, that's true, even down to the pores of his skin, and places that I wouldn't have even thought of! :shocked:

Sometimes I worry about the objectification... I wouldn't like to see it of a woman, you know? But... that said, I know he IS a very handsome man. :blush-anim-cl:

I'm sorry to hear that, about the Tumblr account. :(

And again, I wonder if it's truly bullying or just differences of opinion? :blink:

Still, I'm sorry that people felt so bad that they thought they had to complain about MFC on Tumblr. I don't quite get Tumblr (I think I must be too old to understand it!) so I haven't seen it. :(

I wish instead they had complained to me. Maybe people think that they can't say anything to one of the mods about another mod? But while we -- the moderators -- are all friends, just as we are friends with many MFCers who AREN'T moderators, we try to be objective and listen to complaints with an unbiased ear.

Thank you for saying that! That is exactly what I mean -- we are just like a big family. We have the big sister who tries to boss you around, the little brother who whines a lot, the aunt who loves to kiss you on your cheeks and the brother-in-law who is always is in trouble! :naughty: And yet we are all related and we all will try to protect one another whenever anyone tries to do something wrong to one of us, right? A good analogy! :thumb_yello:

This so right! I have no desire to put down anyone else. I just want to move forward and try to build up the MFC as much as possible! :)

Miquette, I do understand Italian, so if you want to write to me any time, please do. We are also lucky enough to have two Italian moderators -- Robertina and mari62 -- so hopefully they can help you, too. But I hope that you do find a place here. We really do try to include everyone. :thumb_yello:

I was so happy to read Mika's statement. And relieved too, it's great to know he supports his fanclub, and that he knows MFC is a good place to be.

About the "bullying" accusations, I once saw that Mika Confessions tumblr, even tried to explain that the MFC is not a bad fan club, but it was worthless. They were rude and didn't accept any opinion different from theirs. It's sad, actually.

Nowadays, "bullying" became such a common word, that it's often used in a wrong way. In a forum with 25.000+ people, it's OBVIOUS there will be people with different opinions, they won't always agree with you or share your point of view. Disagreeing with someone online is NOT bullying. Ignoring a post you make, especially in the "busy" threads, is NOT bullying. Telling you when you're disrespecting the guidelines is also NOT bullying. That's what some people seem to not understand. It's a shame, cause this place is incredible.

I've been here for ages, met amazing people, made great friends, etc. and makes me sad to think that because a couple people decided to hate us, others felt afraid to join the MFC. :huh:

I was so happy to read Mika's statement. And relieved too, it's great to know he supports his fanclub, and that he knows MFC is a good place to be.

About the "bullying" accusations, I once saw that Mika Confessions tumblr, even tried to explain that the MFC is not a bad fan club, but it was worthless. They were rude and didn't accept any opinion different from theirs. It's sad, actually.

Nowadays, "bullying" became such a common word, that it's often used in a wrong way. In a forum with 25.000+ people, it's OBVIOUS there will be people with different opinions, they won't always agree with you or share your point of view. Disagreeing with someone online is NOT bullying. Ignoring a post you make, especially in the "busy" threads, is NOT bullying. Telling you when you're disrespecting the guidelines is also NOT bullying. That's what some people seem to not understand. It's a shame, cause this place is incredible.

I've been here for ages, met amazing people, made great friends, etc. and makes me sad to think that because a couple people decided to hate us, others felt afraid to join the MFC. :huh:

I agree with you! :huglove:

i saw somewhere... some confession site this young girl writing that the oldlings on MFC had bullied her. she was not precise about what happened and the story behind the bullying. I was quite surprised, seeing that oldlings thread is where lots of younger members find their "motherly love" on the forum at some time or another.

after looking things up, i realized that it was the same girl who had called a mod horrible names a few months earlier, because we didn't allow a post with very explicit sexual content.

i have to assume that this was the bullying she was referring to... a deleted post and a pm :dunno:

In Tumblr there was an account, where were loads of posts of former MFCers with confessions how they hate this place. I suppose, it was a great stab in MFC :sneaky2:

Whenever I see these kinds of accusations of bullying I do as thorough an investigation as I can. I know some of the most vocal complaints on Tumblr were coming from the girl Guylaine has mentioned. She was banned for creating multiple accounts, starting a sexuality explicit thread and blatantly insulting the moderator who cautioned her about it.

I am not discounting that there may be people out there who have felt bullied on MFC, but when the complaints are coming from such loud and aggressive sources you have to consider the possibility that these people don't genuinely feel victimized and just have an axe to grind. In my experience the people who honestly feel hurt by discussions with other fans will mention it to others in private and not launch into a public campaign of accusations and confrontation and namecalling all over the internet. That's not really the reaction you expect from someone who feels bullied and unable to defend themselves.

:thumb_yello:

I tried to write them in some way, probably in the most wrong, and at the time I was accused of being a troublemaker, and instead I was in good faith and only wound.

I'm sorry if it was a misunderstanding. :huglove:

Mika was following Deb???:blink:

Yes, for several days. Where have you been hiding this week woman??

A few days ago I saw some people who never visited the Forum or never heard of MFC before but listened to you know who asking to shut down the MFC because we would ruin Mika. Reading things like this hurts me very much because I love MFC, I know the truth about MFC and I met so many wonderful people here and in real life.

Not everyone is going to love MFC and I have no problem with that. I have been to forums where I didn't feel at home either. But I also found it sad to realize that so many people out there are talking this way because someone has been purposely feeding them misinformation.

I really hope the whole situation will calm down very soon now. Let´s stay together and show Mika that we are worth his respect. :group_hug:

Amen!

What they don’t seem to understand (or in some cases, don’t care) is by trying to hurt MFC, they are actually hurting Mika. Writing nasty messages on all youtube videos for years hurts Mika. So as much as they cry being “great supporters/great fans” blablabla, what they give with one hand, they cancel with the other. Not to mention making fools of themselves.

It's totally beyond my understanding how someone can write rude and hurtful messages to Mika, to his team or to his official fan club (on twitter, youtube etc) and still think she/he is his fan on any level?? :blink:

I saw what was happening but I still had difficulties to believe that so many people were actually listening to a couple of faceless persons who are constantly spamming and talking about other people using extremely rude words. Why an earth people would fight on twitter against his official, active and well moderated fan club? It didn't make any sense. I guess it can't be easy for really young people who don't know other fans face to face. So it was important Mika made his statement. It also must have meant a lot for the fans who have been in the middle of everything for several years already. And it really warmed my heart to read his message, loved it :wub2:

Edited by tiibet

The bad thing about it , for me, is that Mika got involved somehow. I`d like to keep him away from these ugly stories.

On the other hand , I`m so so proud of him as a personality. His words were the greatest support we could ever imagine in this situation. He made the right decision, after all.

We all must face that bullying exists here and everywhere, alas....

Whether it is Twiter or MFC, people who do that are not fans of Mika, because it`s him who might be hurt too.

With this post I`d like to express my support to all MFCers who faced that and to the newcomers as well. MFC is OK! Don`t be afraid to join us)

Edited by Julia Welcomes

Summer holidays started earlier this year!:naughty:

nerd-beach-280_thumb.jpg

Noice. :yay:

The bad thing about it , for me, is that Mika got involved somehow. I`d like to keep him away from these ugly stories.

It's difficult when Mika's timeline is full of nothing but spam from these people. They are always sure to include @mikasounds when they are calling other fans nasty cows. The only way to avoid it is to block people which is what he's done.