2013 - Foire Aux Vins Festival in Colmar, FRANCE - 11 August - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here it is, the little overrated teaser of yesterday's show:
:naughty: video is still processing so the quality should improve in a few minutes.

Oh he's actually aiming for a dance version, that is brilliant. I though he was going to slow it down like Stardust, especially after the acoustic version on the album. Thanks Karin.

Wow! does it mean that more people could come in in the end? How many people were there? (I wish I could be there but unfortunately we were heading to the South of France. My son and I wouldn't have minded to divert a bit towards the East though :naughty:)

Im looking forward to reading your reports, see your pictures and watch your videos!

75 got in in the end. I find it a but strange that the people who are STILL complaining are the ones that weren't even there. We worked our asses off for months to make this happen and didn't get the go until 2 am before the show. People do not understand it wasn't my decision to only let 35 people in but it was team M who told me and even said right before we went in no more than 35 people.

I am just shocked that even though we worked it out in the end people are still bitching and making me look like I am the ****ing devil even though it wasn't Mika who requested everyone to come in but it was me who decided to let everyone in. A little respect would be nice.

Why? WHY? Why can't he just play the song? We've been waiting 6.5 years to hear it. Just play the flippin song already!! :naughty:

We did not realise it was overrated before it was over. "OMG IT IS OVERRATED! WHY DOES HE STOP?"

Yesterday was the BEST gig I've ever been to. I'm still too emotional to write about it but will try to do a full report in a couple of days.

A HUGE, MASSIVE THANK YOU to Mika's team, the organizers and especialy IngievV who was an angel not to loose her mind during all that drama and stressful situation :huglove: and of course THANK YOU to Mika. He was so so so so happy last night, during the gig he was smiling even while he was singing, I've never seen him in such a good mood :wub2: And during the M & G he got a bit emotional, was thanking everyone a thousand times, chatted a lot and never got this huge, lovely smile off his face. :wub2:

It's a memory that's really worth keeping, so I've got a gift for all my MFC family. Thank You and I Love You :group_hug:

Here's to us! :

I am just shocked that even though we worked it out in the end people are still bitching and making me look like I am the ****ing devil even though it wasn't Mika who requested everyone to come in but it was me who decided to let everyone in. A little respect would be nice.

Well no good deed goes unpunished as the mod team and many others who get involved in trying to get fans access to Mika over the years have discovered. Sometimes I think people seriously imagine that Mika is spending all his free time dreaming up ways to meet with his fans and if it weren't for X (insert Evil Fan of the Week here) trying to keep them apart they would have limitless access to him. Mika has done amazing things for his fans over the years. Just agreeing to a M&G for free instead of charging hundreds of euro like other artists do is extremely generous. But the reality is in many of these cases it would not happen if someone didn't ask for it and in this case it had to be organized by fans as well as Team Mika. I don't understand what anyone expects to achieve by bitching and moaning and harassing Mika and all the people who put themselves out there to make these things happen. The end result is that no one will have special access to Mika ever. Is that really going to make them happy? Just use your head.

75 got in in the end. I find it a but strange that the people who are STILL complaining are the ones that weren't even there. We worked our asses off for months to make this happen and didn't get the go until 2 am before the show. People do not understand it wasn't my decision to only let 35 people in but it was team M who told me and even said right before we went in no more than 35 people.

I'm sorry to hear this. :huglove: I think you and the others did a wonderful job, not only by organizing this M&G party but also by keeping it a secret (I had no idea you were planning this ... I really wish I could have been there :teehee:). As for the people that are complaining, bitching others and whatsoever, in my opinion they don't even deserve to be let in at occasions like this as they obviously don't understand the statement that Mika made a while ago and they are not his real fans as Mika already said so himself. :sneaky2:

I think it's wonderful that people offer their time and put in a lot of effort to organize things like this and they indeed deserve a little respect. And I'm not only talking about this occasion, but about everything that has been organized by everyone throughout the years and (hopefully) will be organized in the future. All these people have my respect. :bow: :bow:

:naughty: video is still processing so the quality should improve in a few minutes.

Oooo!! Love the dance beat!! That was such a tease! :sneaky2: t4p mellody!:thumb_yello:

Yesterday was the BEST gig I've ever been to. I'm still too emotional to write about it but will try to do a full report in a couple of days.

A HUGE, MASSIVE THANK YOU to Mika's teammates, the organizers and especialy IngievV who was an angel not to loose her mind during all that drama and stressful situation :huglove: and of course THANK YOU to Mika. He was so so so so happy last night, during the gig he was smiling even while he was singing, I've never seen him in such a good mood :wub2: And during the M & G he got a bit emotional, was thanking everyone a thousand times, chatted a lot and never got this huge, lovely smile off his face. :wub2:

It's a memory that's really worth keeping, so I've got a gift for all my MFC family. Thank You and I Love You :group_hug:

Here's to us! :

Thank you so much for these vids! Loved being able to see his reaction/interaction live :wub2:

Thanks for your reports too everyone so far, esp Miri :wub2:

I was so excited seeing te pics and snippets come in from twitter about how well everything went off :thumb_yello: just so happy and thankful for everyone who organized and got to attend (drama notwithstanding :aah:)

Looking forward to more pics /vids... Good job everyone, esp Ingie and company :huglove:

Sometimes it's tough to have responsabilities, specially when I miss all the fun!

I woke up this morning and saw some tweets about the show and the birthday surprise and I was like :shocked:

Thanks to everyone who already post a report, photos or videos. I'm looking forward to see more!

Hope you all had fun and I'm sure Mika enjoyed it very much!:wink2:

Thanks for uploading Mellody and Elaire14! :huglove:

The videos of you both are really special to me and I guess for a lot of other fans too!

:

Thank you so much for these vids! Loved being able to see his reaction/interaction live :wub2:

Thanks for your reports too everyone so far, esp Miri :wub2:

I was so excited seeing te pics and snippets come in from twitter about how well everything went off :thumb_yello: just so happy and thankful for everyone who organized and got to attend (drama notwithstanding :aah:)

Looking forward to more pics /vids... Good job everyone, esp Ingie and company :huglove:

You're both very welcome. It was a special night for many of us :blush-anim-cl:

And in case anyone's interested, here are many HQ pictures from the gig yesterday, posted on the Foire aux Vins official site:

http://www.foire-colmar.com/fr/festival2013/

awww it's nice to see him interact with fans :wub2:

Thanks for the vids!

I remember a while back having a discussion with someone about what is an M & G. This is an M & G (as oppose to Mika coming out and signing stuff on his way out) :naughty:

MFCers are famous - they're talking about us in local papers, especially l'Alsace. Now we will all need to hire bodyguards and start wearing sunglasses at night :mf_rosetinted: .

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/a-30-ans-j-ai-de-la-chance-de-faire-ce-que-j-aime-dans-ma-vie

Vous qui connaissez bien maintenant la Foire aux vins, quel est votre rapport à l’Alsace ?

Je trouve que l’accent alsacien ressemble à l’accent québécois ! Mais quand je dis ça, les gens n’aiment pas trop (rires) ! Plus sérieusement, je trouve les Alsaciens très chaleureux, c’est toujours un public qui chante, qui danse !

:teehee: we have an accent :shocked::naughty:

Vous qui connaissez bien maintenant la Foire aux vins, quel est votre rapport à l’Alsace ?

Je trouve que l’accent alsacien ressemble à l’accent québécois ! Mais quand je dis ça, les gens n’aiment pas trop (rires) ! Plus sérieusement, je trouve les Alsaciens très chaleureux, c’est toujours un public qui chante, qui danse !

:teehee: we have an accent :shocked::naughty:

Well technically, everybody has an accent, different regions - different accents - in Alsace they have a really strong one that people use to joke about a lot. And Canadian-based French-speaking person has a huge accent for anyone who lives in France, the same way that French must have an accent for Canadians who hear them :thumb_yello:

Thank you Karin! Very exciting to see, but yeah he should've performed at least one verse of it before giving up on the song :naughty:

Thanks so much Elaire. Love your videos. Thanks so much for sharing. "It's a bit early." Yes sorry Mika not everyone has an invitation to come to your house on August 18th and has to make do. :naughty:

Really sweet though. He's so genuinely appreciative and seems to be in a good mood these past couple of weeks. I hope his reflection back on his 20s has made him feel both lucky for what he has and proud of how he achieved it rather than melancholy.

You are good fans and he's a good popstar. :wub2:

thanks ingie, miri & co. for organizing! :flowers2:
Pleasure!! :wink2:

Thanks for your report Miri. Saw the lovely pic of the group of you on FB. Hope to join you one of these summers.

hope so too :huglove:

A HUGE, MASSIVE THANK YOU to Mika's team, the organizers and especialy IngievV who was an angel not to loose her mind during all that drama and stressful situation :huglove: and of course THANK YOU to Mika.
:huglove:

I'm sorry to hear this. :huglove: I think you and the others did a wonderful job, not only by organizing this M&G party but also by keeping it a secret (I had no idea you were planning this ... I really wish I could have been there :teehee:). As for the people that are complaining, bitching others and whatsoever, in my opinion they don't even deserve to be let in at occasions like this as they obviously don't understand the statement that Mika made a while ago and they are not his real fans as Mika already said so himself. :sneaky2:

I think it's wonderful that people offer their time and put in a lot of effort to organize things like this and they indeed deserve a little respect. And I'm not only talking about this occasion, but about everything that has been organized by everyone throughout the years and (hopefully) will be organized in the future. All these people have my respect. :bow: :bow:

Amen! :huglove:

Good job everyone, esp Ingie and company :huglove:
Thank you! x

Here are two of my videos I took yesterday. Will upload the rest after work this evening.

Grace Kelly:

Big Girl:

Edited by MFC_Hasi

And Canadian-based French-speaking person has a huge accent for anyone who lives in France, the same way that French must have an accent for Canadians who hear them :thumb_yello:

A French Canadian accent is so strong to me and I live in Canada! People outside Quebec learn Parisian French in school and the French accent in Quebec is almost as distinct to me as the English accent of native French-Canadian speakers. Their accent has also influenced the native English speakers in Quebec. I can often recognize someone from Quebec even if they do not speak French at all.

MFCers are famous - they're talking about us in local papers, especially l'Alsace. Now we will all need to hire bodyguards and start wearing sunglasses at night :mf_rosetinted: .

Here are a few links:

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2013/08/11/a-30-ans-j-ai-de-la-chance-de-faire-ce-que-j-aime-dans-ma-vie

Omg can someone please translate the last paragraph for me??

Oh com on! It's too much of a tease!! :sneaky2::naughty:

I can't wait for him to sing the whole song!

Well technically, everybody has an accent, different regions - different accents - in Alsace they have a really strong one that people use to joke about a lot. And Canadian-based French-speaking person has a huge accent for anyone who lives in France, the same way that French must have an accent for Canadians who hear them :thumb_yello:

i was only kidding... i know we have a "special" accent

I also find French people from France have a strong accent.

I can tell the difference with some of the regions too :naughty:

Some are easier to understand than others.

Bordeaux area is quite easy to understand, Marseille is hard & Paris french sounds upset, :aah:

Omg can someone please translate the last paragraph for me??

Here you go:

One last question: why do you wear a blue armband on your left arm?

Mika: Because I like the colour (laughs). In fact, I wear it to be able to play the piano, to keep my arm in position because I have a bad playing technique which makes my muscle hurt. But now, it became a "look", a trademark. And before I leave you, I would like to add that I like the idea that an Israeli, Asaf Avidan and a Lebanese, me, are together on the stage of Colmar tonight.

:wink2: