2013 - Foire Aux Vins Festival in Colmar, FRANCE - 11 August - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

A French Canadian accent is so strong to me and I live in Canada! People outside Quebec learn Parisian French in school and the French accent in Quebec is almost as distinct to me as the English accent of native French-Canadian speakers. Their accent has also influenced the native English speakers in Quebec. I can often recognize someone from Quebec even if they do not speak French at all.

:shocked: That's interesting, I didn't know that at all!

i was only kidding... i know we have a "special" accent

I also find French people from France have a strong accent.

I can tell the difference with some of the regions too :naughty:

Some are easier to understand than others.

Bordeaux area is quite easy to understand, Marseille is hard & Paris french sounds upset, :aah:

Hahahaha, Parisians sound both upset and rude... and they don't appreciate tourists (or French non-parisians for that matter) at all. :aah: Ah well, accents are really interesting, it's almost a part of the personality of the speaker. I always used to have a hard time cause I have a Polish - French accent when speaking French, but in Alsace I found my home because their accent has some similarities with mine, hehe

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here you go:

One last question: why do you wear a blue armband on your left arm?

Mika: Because I like the colour (laughs). In fact, I wear it to be able to play the piano, to keep my arm in position because I have a bad playing technique which makes my muscle hurt. But now, it became a "look", a trademark. And before I leave you, I would like to add that I like the idea that an Israeli, Asaf Avidan and a Lebanese, me, are together on the stage of Colmar tonight.

:wink2:

Thank you very much! :huglove:

Exciting :teehee::teehee::teehee:

Vous qui connaissez bien maintenant la Foire aux vins, quel est votre rapport à l’Alsace ?

Je trouve que l’accent alsacien ressemble à l’accent québécois ! Mais quand je dis ça, les gens n’aiment pas trop (rires) ! Plus sérieusement, je trouve les Alsaciens très chaleureux, c’est toujours un public qui chante, qui danse !

:teehee: we have an accent :shocked::naughty:

Oh Gosh, we have an accent? *screames* You just made me realize it :doh:

And by the way, thank you for the videos of the m&G and the overrated tease, I just hope he keeps it for next tour it would be awesome :pinkbow: I mean Mika's reaction is just... Wow! He's lovely "that was so so so sweet" indeed it was, I give my hat to the organizers! Thank you for the reports as well, I feel like I was there :wub2:

And did he get his MFC birthdaypresent aswell? I mean, the special chair? And if so, how did he react on it?

As someone already said, that's in Switzerland next week -- hopefully, he doesn't know about it, although I'm sure he knows that there's something planned as we have requested a few moments with him. :thumb_yello:

Perhaps people should also take a moment to consider that there wouldn't have been a party to celebrate Mika's birthday at all had it not been arranged by members of MFC before they start calling people ugly names and scream and cry to Mika like children who've had their toys taken away. It seems there are still many people out there who did not read Mika's anti-bullying post or somehow think it doesn't apply to them.

Well, that's it in a nutshell, isn't it? Whether other people like it or not, the MFC has been deemed the official fan club, or at least as "official" a fan club as Mika has. We have a relationship with his management, and we organize things like this with them. If we didn't, a party like this would never happen. We always try to include everyone that we can, but we can't always manage that -- and no matter what we do, it seems that we can never satisfy everyone. :(

As for the name-calling -- you're right. How soon Mika's words have been forgotten by some. :sad:

75 got in in the end.

*75*??? Wow! That's amazing that they agreed to let more than twice the original number in. :shocked:

BTW, you should know that I have it on good authority that Mika "loved it and was genuinely happy that so many fans from around the world came out to the show and then to wish him happy birthday." :original:

Thanks so much Elaire. Love your videos. Thanks so much for sharing. "It's a bit early." Yes sorry Mika not everyone has an invitation to come to your house on August 18th and has to make do. :naughty:

:lmfao: Exactly! Maybe he really has no idea of what's happening on the 17th?

But yes, thank you Elaire! I couldn't help but get a little choked up at your videos -- both because Mika was so sweet and genuinely touched, and also because I wasn't there. :tears: Ah well. I had last year, didn't I?

You are good fans and he's a good popstar. :wub2:

Indeed! :wub2:

Edited by dcdeb

As someone already said, that's in Switzerland next week -- hopefully, he doesn't know about it, although I'm sure he knows that there's something planned as we have requested a few moments with him. :thumb_yello:

Let's hope that the gift (at least) will be a total surprise.

I really hope he opens the card on the spot. I want to see his expression :wub2:

Brilliant pictures! :thumb_yello:

Thank you for all the reports, vids and pictures .

It looks like it was a great success. It's a pain that people are still spoiling things by selfish, jealous behaviour but I am glad that on the whole it worked well. :thumb_yello:

Hello girls! :original:

First I would like to thank you for the pics and videos you have posted here!

This morning i saw some posts about the birthday party for Mika and I am so happy for you!! :woot_jump:

It's amazing for me to read that a representative of the MFC made this surprise to Mika. As a member I want to say thank you and I want to congratulate those who have made this possible!

Even if I'm so far, I watch the videos of the party, and it's like being there with you! :fangurl::group_hug:

Well done girls!!...:thumb_yello:

Many thanks for all the great reports and pictures:thumb_yello:

I will adjust my images and movies as soon as possible

thank you so much for the great time with you all!:huglove:

thank you very very much to ingie, miri, niko & co. for organizing m&g was fantastic wonderful.Merci :groupwave:

Thank you for the reports, pics, vids, articles! :thumb_yello:

I would be lying if I said I didn't envy you all yesterday; especially as I had planned to come initially and it was hard to detach myself from this gig :tears:, but I'm really grateful that this kind of events are organised, I'm glad both for Mika and for fans, and it gives me hope that maybe one day I'll be part of such a surreal event :wub2:

Thank you for the reports, pics, vids, articles! :thumb_yello:

I would be lying if I said I didn't envy you all yesterday; especially as I had planned to come initially and it was hard to detach myself from this gig :tears:, but I'm really grateful that this kind of events are organised, I'm glad both for Mika and for fans, and it gives me hope that maybe one day I'll be part of such a surreal event :wub2:

the same for me! couldn't have said it better! Would have loved to be there. i also hope to be part of somethinf like this one day *dreams*

Nanouch your photos are magnificent as always!!! :wub2: I'm a fan since your Blame it on the weather video. :clap: You are really talented.

Thank you!

:thumb_yello: I allow myself to join you here - I can't tell how much I love these amazing pics and stuff, made by you Nanouch !! :blush-anim-cl: And I have use this possibility to thank you sooo much for the utterly wonderful and closeup vid of MIKA performing "Karen" in Compiegne - I simply adore it !! :fisch::wub2:

Thanks a lot to everyone who have posted tons of good stuff from the gigs these last days , and congrats with a successful M & G !!! :thumb_yello:

It's just fantastic to read about - I'm so very happy for everyone involved, and I hope I'm lucky enough to experience such an event myself - one day ... :wink2::wub2:

Love,love

me

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 2m

Tonight, ahead of my birthday I was surprised by fans from France Holland England Russia Italy Belgium Korea New York Germany N Ireland...

Insane!!!! I am so lucky. Thank you. I don't know what to say. XxX!

:sad: He forgot Austria...