MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Well so much for all that claptrap about San Remo and Chiara giving X Factor some kind of legitimacy that no other talent show in the world has. I mean I knew it was all BS but come on, is there no shame? :lmfao:

And no I am not disappointed that he is doing something in France again. The biggest problem with X Factor is that it is happening in a small pop music market and he is not even a native language speaker. I don't care how Mika spins it, I will never be convinced that Italian X Factor is not a colossal waste of time. At least France makes sense for him.

There is no 4th album at this point. At least not a proper English album with all new material. I thought that was glaringly obvious but I guess not, the way people are talking about it. :aah: I had at least hoped he would actually start writing in February so we could expect an album in the autumn of 2015 as was the pattern with the last 2 albums.

I will go back to watching videos of Mika singing Stardust to me and thanking us for the most thoughtful gift he's ever received and I'll see you all in 2016. :mf_rosetinted:

Not always... At least in the Quebec version it's not the judges who do first auditions. Because they started and are still haven't announced the 4th judge/coach...

My question is more: isn't there any exclusive rights from xfactor? Aren't those two shows competitors? I know it's not the same country but still...

Good point!

Anyway, even if this rumor is true I won't judge him. I didnt for Xfactor and I won't for the voice. Still...I would have preferred a pause for the new cd instead of start immediately a new tv adventure but I hope there will be the time for both but I doubt it at this point. Also, UK would be a better choice cause in France he's already "big" enough already.

Let's see if is true or not!

Edited by Sarina

Well so much for all that claptrap about San Remo and Chiara giving X Factor some kind of legitimacy that no other talent show in the world has. I mean I knew it was all BS but come on, is there no shame? :lmfao:

And no I am not disappointed that he is doing something in France again. The biggest problem with X Factor is that it is happening in a small pop music market and he is not even a native language speaker. I don't care how Mika spins it, I will never be convinced that Italian X Factor is not a colossal waste of time. At least France makes sense for him.

There is no 4th album at this point. At least not a proper English album with all new material. I thought that was glaringly obvious but I guess not, the way people are talking about it. :aah: I had at least hoped he would actually start writing in February so we could expect an album in the autumn of 2015 as was the pattern with the last 2 albums.

I will go back to watching videos of Mika singing Stardust to me and thanking us for the most thoughtful gift he's ever received and I'll see you all in 2016. :mf_rosetinted:

That's for sure better than X Factor and the Voice :naughty:

:huglove:

oh dear.... I really don't mean to sound negative but to me this is definitely not a good news.

I've watched the voice and I really didn't like the whole atmopshere of the show, and I really really can't picture Mika in this show.

only my 2 cts, but saying I am not disappointed would be lying. and as you all pointed it out, what about the fourth album... :doh:

I may sound ... selfish or judgemental, but I hope it's only a rumour and will prove not to be true.

Anyway... Mika will handle his career the way he wants, I only hope he won't get lost in things that are far away from his music.

oh dear.... I really don't mean to sound negative but to me this is definitely not a good news.

I've watched the voice and I really didn't like the whole atmopshere of the show, and I really really can't picture Mika in this show.

only my 2 cts, but saying I am not disappointed would be lying. and as you all pointed it out, what about the fourth album... :doh:

I may sound ... selfish or judgemental, but I hope it's only a rumour and will prove not to be true.

Anyway... Mika will handle his career the way he wants, I only hope he won't get lost in things that are far away from his music.

I'm totally sure it's true :mf_rosetinted:

All right, now a serious magazine (Le Point) reported it too, and it seems they checked their information:

"Une information à prendre au conditionnel, car les contrats avec les agents de l'artiste ne seraient pas encore complètement signés. TF1 devrait confirmer son engagement dès la semaine prochaine"

(http://www.lepoint.fr/medias/tf1-louis-bertignac-quitte-the-voice-30-08-2013-1719485_260.php#xtor=CS1-32)

So it means:

"This information is still not sure, as the contracts with the artists' agents are not fully signed. TF1 [the French channel] should confirm it next week"

So I guess it's not a false rumor and, unless Mika suddenly changes his mind today, he will join The Voice. Rejoice or cry people :teehee:

Not always... At least in the Quebec version it's not the judges who do first auditions. Because they started and are still haven't announced the 4th judge/coach...

My question is more: isn't there any exclusive rights from xfactor? Aren't those two shows competitors? I know it's not the same country but still...

maybe he can beam up and come to Quebec as the 4th judge! :aah:

Well... good news is, i liked La Voix when it played in Quebec.

I do not like X Factor at all.

I still feel it's a waste of a gorgeous voice & talent. But that's just me :pinkbow:

I could understand Shakira doing it in the USA for 1 year, because she had just given birth & it's a way to have some downtime & still be in the public eye.

bah....

maybe he can beam up and come to Quebec as the 4th judge! :aah:

Well... good news is, i liked La Voix when it played in Quebec.

I do not like X Factor at all.

I still feel it's a waste of a gorgeous voice & talent. But that's just me :pinkbow:

I could understand Shakira doing it in the USA for 1 year, because she had just given birth & it's a way to have some downtime & still be in the public eye.

bah....

Must admit the thought DID cross my mind :naughty:

Yeah, I thought that, too.

But maybe they are only two different "markets" where the same majors sell their products...

So my first thought was: What is this old thread with 60+ posts of an old rumour I never knew about :doh:

Then ... what this is for real!

All there is left is wait and hope for the best

If only he were a lady, he could multitask and finish that album at the same time as doing these talent shows.

:floor:

I choose to believe he will be able to channel an inner feminine side :mf_rosetinted:

No comments except for this; I wish I was Mika's PR manager and advicer who he would have to listen to. These career choices he's making are :doh:

I'm not so sure he's listening to his PR manager's advice,or anyone else's :rolleyes:

He's listening to the easy money... :(

Which would be a lot easier to accept without all the spin surrounding these decisions to make it look like it's something else. All that arguing with those of us who were against X Factor when we were simply the messengers.

Anyway I am over all of it. My expectations hit rock bottom after X Factor so there is nothing that can surprise me at this stage.

He's listening to the easy money... :(

But do you really think they pay him that much it's worth it just for the money? I mean just for being a judge? It's difficult to believe. If they do pay enough I hope he has a good plan behind it. That he is doing something for money to be able to do something else. I hope his plan will work out.

I must sound like a bad fan but I'm not really worried about his career. I'm fine with these othre projects, I just want him to also do music and perform and my only worry is that he is taking other projects one after another to avoid starting a new album (because he is nervous or something) and I would LOVE to hear him saying something about his new music to prove that thought wrong, lol.