MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

It's official? Some confirmation of Mika or The Voice's team? I think that's hard to believe. Anyway, if it's true i don't care. I'm sure that he has his reasons. Mika do what he wanna do.

The former judge tweeted about it, so I think it's kind of official

If they do pay enough I hope he has a good plan behind it. That he is doing something for money to be able to do something else. I hope his plan will work out.

I must sound like a bad fan but I'm not really worried about his career. I'm fine with these othre projects, I just want him to also do music and perform and my only worry is that he is taking other projects one after another to avoid starting a new album (because he is nervous or something) and I would LOVE to hear him saying something about his new music to prove that thought wrong, lol.

:thumb_yello:

I found out about this early this morning on the radio :shocked: I thought it was a joke at first because they were telling a 'joke' of a very bad taste about Mika. (Yes it's starting already :sneaky2:) And then I wondered, why would they make up something like this? 10 min later they said it again and I understood it was serious information. I've been thinking about this at work all day, my first thoughts echoed Christine's :

Well so much for all that claptrap about San Remo and Chiara giving X Factor some kind of legitimacy that no other talent show in the world has. I mean I knew it was all BS but come on, is there no shame? :lmfao:

I feel like a puppet :no: (because yes I tried to convince myself he was right)

I'm not particularly against that show, I admit I watched it but I still think the interest I've got in Mika has nothing to do with this kind of shows.. I want albums, I want gigs..

I'm not as disappointed as I was with X Factor, the first shock has passed, The Voice is a better programme IMO and at the same time as Alireine pointed out, I can't say I'm not happy knowing we'll see Mika around for quite a while. It makes me sad though because I know that a large part of people will categorise Mika as something he isn't because he took part in this show. He may gain admirers but he can easily lose some too :( (who will not see how great he is because they boycott the show)

About the new album... quite a few articles mention that they bet Mika will release a new album next year following the success of the show. That's what other judges did. I'm afraid it could be speed at the cost of quality :no:

So... mixed feelings for me really!

Well, sincerely I thought it was a joke or a rumor since he is already busy with the same thing in Italy. But, apparently, the news is true so I don't know what to say... I preferred that he would concentrate more in the writing of his latest album though, from what I understand, it is not one of his first thoughts. Perhaps, as he said in a recent interview, he wants to do something other than the singer so he is broadening his horizons :dunno:

But do you really think they pay him that much it's worth it just for the money? I mean just for being a judge? It's difficult to believe. If they do pay enough I hope he has a good plan behind it. That he is doing something for money to be able to do something else. I hope his plan will work out.

I must sound like a bad fan but I'm not really worried about his career. I'm fine with these othre projects, I just want him to also do music and perform and my only worry is that he is taking other projects one after another to avoid starting a new album (because he is nervous or something) and I would LOVE to hear him saying something about his new music to prove that thought wrong, lol.

You're not a bad fan Nina :naughty: We all love and appreciate him :) I also think he has big plans for the money he's earning from all of these talent show judge work, clothing line, swatch, projects etc; At least that's the feeling I get so it's not all that bad really as long as he continues to release his music and has some creative plans for the future. :)

I'm just tired of listening to him speak Italian and French and not understanding a single word. :naughty: Also, I'm just not a fan of these shows because the judges are really rude to many of the contestants at times for entertainment reasons and because it's really not about song writing. Why do covers when you can write something original and fresh for people to hear? Anyway, I'm complaining again, I'm sorry :aah: It is entertainment for television so it's an entirely different business from actual music creation business, etc, like Mika once said. Hope Mika enjoys his time at these shows then does something that's respectful to his amazing talents as an entertainer and song writer.

I guess if he does these shows I expect him to release an album next year to benefit from the show's success. If he doesn't, it is just stupid. But of course then you have the issue of a rushed album. Ah choices.

Yes, I think you're right. Thanks for answer! What is the nickname of this judge @ twitter?

This guy is called Louis Bertignac, but he will not be a judge anymore, as Mika will replace him.

I'm a bit confused on Twitter, it seems that there are 2 accounts but no one is certified.

I think the real one is this one: @Louis_Bertignac

Not very happy, this mean that he'll not start his next album and we'll not see him touring in early 2014. :sad: I wish it's for money, we all know that he didn't sell a lot of CD this year... TOOL is almost one year old now.

At least I'll understand the interviews in french. :teehee:

This guy is called Louis Bertignac, but he will not be a judge anymore, as Mika will replace him.

I'm a bit confused on Twitter, it seems that there are 2 accounts but no one is certified.

I think the real one is this one: @Louis_Bertignac

In one of the videos that LeiRe shared, they say that it's only for one season and Louis Bertignac will come back next year. (thank god...)

It 'is true? :shocked: I'm speechless ... before x factor now the voice, I hope that Mika has not intention to be a judge in all the talent show of Europe, I would not be too old when it will be released on his 4 album :old:

Edited by clara85

It 'is true? :shocked: I'm speechless ... before x factor now the voice, I hope that Mika has not intention to be a judge in all the talent show of Europe, I would not be too old when it will be released on his 4 album :old:

Don't worry Clara, he won't come to "La Voz" in Spain :mf_rosetinted: especially now he forgot all his spanish :emot-sad:

Don't think so:wink2: Also I would like to see Mika on German TV if ihe would appear at DSDS I would make me sorrows but so far not:naughty:

He can still smile in spanish :mf_rosetinted:

Jajajaja! I'm afraid, I'm older and older every day, I have no time and while Mika is entertaining in those talent shows. As Clara said when Mika finish his 4th album I'll be :old: and no queuing, no jumping at gigs...*sigh* what a bad perspective for the future :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Mikasister

Jajajaja! I'm afraid, I'm older and older every day, I have no time and while Mika is entertaining in those talent shows. As Clara said when Mika finish his 4th album I'll be :old: and no queuing, no jumping at gigs...*sigh* what a bad perspective for the future :mf_rosetinted:

this is my fear :sad:I couldn't go to his show with the stick :mf_rosetinted:

Who said he can't do the judge job,and working on the album at the same time? :wink2:

It's a man :mf_rosetinted:

but not a normal man, you know? He wrote his best songs in 20 minutes when he was in a good mood and maybe working at these shows brings him so much fun he will write in record time :wink2: