2013 -- Swatch signing session in London, UK, 26 November

mellody

I so do not hope so. If meeting his fans, the ones who cares about him and appreciate him that much as a man, is just a work to him, then I don't want to meet him anymore. I'm not here to bother him. :emot-sad:

i didn't mean work as something negative. i'm sure mika loves his work, and that meeting his fans is important to him, not because he has to do it but he wants to. it's not his private time off though, it's part of his work, and i'm sure it can get tiring after a while, for example after an one hour signing session. he's just a human being with likes and dislikes like everyone else, but he has to take time for everyone at such occasions, even if he doesn't like someone for some reason. :dunno:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah well I will never get used to it. I mean in a back alley after a gig yes. People are wound up after a gig, any random person can turn up and do and say whatever they want. That's expected. But when it's a relatively private setting and involves Mika's hardcore fans, I expect them to act normal if they are over the age of 18 or so. We were getting a group pic in NYC and some guy kept trying to barge in and get Mika's attention. I told Mika he was not with us and Mika told him to back off and wait until he was done speaking to us. There was a time when I would have been reticent to basically tell this guy to get lost and stop ruining our meeting, especially in front of Mika, but I'm not going to suffer or have to take responsibility for someone else's rudeness. We're all adults, we all know how to behave in social situations and Mika being in the room doesn't change the rules.

Interesting that the young boy who came with his dad acted more maturely than some.

I don't care about making him signing something or take a pic with me to the detriment of some quality time with him: if I could have just one pic as a nice memory it will be fine, but that's not my point. I don't even want to talk with him individually at the moment (I would just freeze , I can tell him what I want in front of people, I have no secrets). I'll just be happy to meet him with a small group of you for some minutes, that's all.

That's what my first meeting was like. I didn't ask for an autograph and we only had photos taken after the meeting was over so he had a chance to just chat to everyone with no interruptions. One of my friends (sariflor actually!) was there and she'd met Mika several times and had a great rapport with him so she kept the conversation going while he stayed and talked with us for a good 15 or 20 minutes.

This works so much better than filing past in a queue because the ones who are a bit shy or who Mika doesn't "know" still get the chance to feel involved in a long conversation with him. But the only way this can happen is if no one crowds around him. Not one single person. Because as soon as one or two people start crowding him everyone starts to panic and even people who don't want to mob him will often jump in out of desperation to get a word in before he leaves.

If meeting his fans, the ones who cares about him and appreciate him that much as a man, is just a work to him, then I don't want to meet him anymore. I'm not here to bother him. :emot-sad:

Don't worry about that. If fans had their way Mika would do 3-hour meet and greets after every gig. But he sets his own limits. :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]7kNIr2PEpaU[/YOUTUBE]

Believe it or not that was BEFORE the mobbing started. :aah:

The most annoying thing to me is that Mika specifically told people to back off and to stay where they were so he could come around and see everyone. He had no less than 20-30 people surrounding him at all times for an entire 90 minutes. I thought there was going to be a party. Like a proper party where people have a drink and chat and the host makes the rounds to greet everyone for a couple of minutes. I used to work in the music business so I have been to many such parties. But I had never seen anything like that in my life. Mika and his staff were unbelievably tolerant.

i didn't mean work as something negative. i'm sure mika loves his work, and that meeting his fans is important to him, not because he has to do it but he wants to. it's not his private time off though, it's part of his work, and i'm sure it can get tiring after a while, for example after an one hour signing session. he's just a human being with likes and dislikes like everyone else, but he has to take time for everyone at such occasions, even if he doesn't like someone for some reason. :dunno:

I get what you mean now! I agree :thumb_yello:

That's what my first meeting was like. I didn't ask for an autograph and we only had photos taken after the meeting was over so he had a chance to just chat to everyone with no interruptions. One of my friends (sariflor actually!) was there and she'd met Mika several times and had a great rapport with him so she kept the conversation going while he stayed and talked with us for a good 15 or 20 minutes.

This works so much better than filing past in a queue because the ones who are a bit shy or who Mika doesn't "know" still get the chance to feel involved in a long conversation with him. But the only way this can happen is if no one crowds around him. Not one single person. Because as soon as one or two people start crowding him everyone starts to panic and even people who don't want to mob him will often jump in out of desperation to get a word in before he leaves.

Don't worry about that. If fans had their way Mika would do 3-hour meet and greets after every gig. But he sets his own limits. :naughty:

I'll rather prefer 15 minutes being involved in a little chat within a group of people I price, then 2 minutes on my own. I don't think I would ever say something interesting to him, so I prefer to take advantage of someone else's social skills :naughty:

Maybe in a ten years I'll change my mind about that... :doh:

Perhaps you're right. I have no idea since I wasn't there. I just know in my own experience there is virtually a 100% correlation between Mika sticking around and people remaining calm and behaving like they would if he was a "normal" person. .

ofc you're right in general, i just didn't have the impression that it was the reason in this case. none of us can look into mika's head tho, we can only make assumptions from our own point of view, so i don't know the ultimate truth. :thumb_yello:

ofc you're right in general, i just didn't have the impression that it was the reason in this case. none of us can look into mika's head tho, we can only make assumptions from our own point of view, so i don't know the ultimate truth. :thumb_yello:

I agree. We are not mind readers. But I will always advise people that crowding in on Mika is a terrible strategy for having quality time with him. It just doesn't work. I've seen the proof of it every time I've met him, or not met him, as the case may be.

If I were him I'd have f*cked off after the signing:naughty:.

You shut up coz you were the only one enjoying his sausages...:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks everyone for your reports and pics...

As you may have guessed everyone of us would have liked to be there, and this is a way of sortof being there with you all...

Thanks Debbita and other mods (yes u too Robi, besides the padellone threaths) for making this possible...

But i would never dream to read posts by "real fans" saying Mika's sausage sucks!!!:lmfao:

As you may have guessed everyone of us would have liked to be there, and this is a way of sortof being there with you all...

Thanks Debbita and other mods (yes u too Robi, besides the padellone threaths) for making this possible...

But i would never dream to read posts by "real fans" saying Mika's sausage sucks!!!:lmfao:

You have no idea how much I miss you sometimes :blush-anim-cl:

His sausages were flawless okayyy.

You do?:shocked:

Why is that?

I'm always here, even if i dont post much lately...:teehee:

Because I like a good sense of humor and sweet irony spicing our conversations here :thumb_yello:

No,you're not here much lately.....

Oh I don't believe he would have stayed longer either as I can imagine he wanted to go home and relax. That is not my point. My point is that people acted rude and disrespectful and didn't even give him a chance to leave. I'm sure none of the people would appreciate it if a stranger did the same to them so why should Mika accept it from strangers?

of course he shouldn't accept it, but i'm sure bitching here about these fans won't make a difference, except that it might make some people feel bad who don't have a reason to, and that it adds a negative feeling to this thread, imo. nothing wrong with addressing it of course, it happened, and it was wrong. but all this negativity here over several pages (not just by you of course!) will in the worst case keep the fans who got carried away a bit by mika's presence from joining mfc... and if they sit with us at the table the next time, we have a much better chance of telling them (in a nice way) what the best option is in this situation. :wink2:

obviously it's NOT clear for everyone that the same rules can apply to meeting your fave star as for meeting a random stranger. being in the presence of someone famous is an unusual situation for many people - not everyone is able to completely ignore the fact that someone is famous. i notice it for myself that i simply can't stay as calm as i would if it was any random stranger. and i'm not just talking about mika, he's a special case for me anyway because i like him and i've met him so often, but about random famous people i get to see or meet when i'm working at concerts and vip events. usually i just get nervous but don't show it, but if i have to talk/interact with the famous person, i notice that i do behave differently than i usually would, maybe due to the nervousness. i want to be all calm and cool, but i can't help it that despite trying to act completely professional, i still quite often have the feeling i'm making a fool of myself in some way, and if just by blushing when that person talks to me. :doh: and if you are a fan and want to talk with your fave star, it's different again, but definitely an unusual situation where you might not act like you normally would, even if you want to. so while i'm all for telling those fans in a nice and polite way that it would help everyone more if they stayed in their places, i don't think that basically telling them they're bad people will help making any positive changes. :wink2:

I didn't read that much negativity. It seems like most enjoyed themselves and had a positive experience.

Pointing out that a few people suffer from the "follow Mika like a puppy" syndrome is not necessarily bad. Sometimes they don't realize they are doing it until you point it out. It could have a positive effect in the end. :blush-anim-cl: