2013 -- Swatch signing session in London, UK, 26 November

mellody

What did those fans get? A pic, a sign on a thing ... ? I want something deeper.... I mean, do you think that a more aggressive behaviour could get you some quality chat with him? I'm just asking, for good, that's not a tricky question.

No,ive had quality chat with him before...:thumb_yello:

WHAT I WANT IS A GOD DAMN PIC!!!:sneaky2:

And i dont mean being aggressive,i mean approaching him like others do, as us the behaving ones always stand aside letting others have their time, and at the end of the day everyone gets their own pic with him, and we have to suck on our thumbs....:aah:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From my experience "daring" fans get much more than us behaving ones...

And from my experience i mean all the gigs i've been to, where people pushed and shoved to reach him and we stayed on the side not to disturb him...

In Coimbra there was even someone who pushed his sweater from the back...:shocked:

And a few totally absorbed him with silly chat letting no else approach...

And let me add they were not even portuguese...

So i guess i'm changing my behaviour next time...No more silly, behaving wonka from now on...

and when i see someone mobbing a shop, i'll jump in there too!

why should they get the new television and not me??? :blink:

And i dont mean being aggressive,i mean approaching him like others do, as us the behaving ones always stand aside letting others have their time, and at the end of the day everyone gets their own pic with him, and we have to suck on our thumbs....:aah:

i saw a pic of you and Mika, not my fault you were facing him & not the camera!! :aah:

Well getting a pic is a different story I guess. If you hound and hound I guess you will get one eventually. Although, again all my pics have been taken in very organized or chilled-out circumstances and not in the middle of a mob.

Anyway I'm sure you'll get one some day. Just hang in there. :aah:

and when i see someone mobbing a shop, i'll jump in there too!

why should they get the new television and not me??? :blink:

Is not quite the same...someone mobbing a shop are not as fierce as our portuguese gig "invaders" if you now who i refer to...:fisch:

i saw a pic of you and Mika, not my fault you were facing him & not the camera!! :aah:

I didnt even know the shot was taken...guess lils took it without me knowing it...

Well getting a pic is a different story I guess. If you hound and hound I guess you will get one eventually. Although, again all my pics have been taken in very organized or chilled-out circumstances and not in the middle of a mob.

Anyway I'm sure you'll get one some day. Just hang in there. :aah:

Difference is our well organised queues are always mobbed by foreigners and you can ask any portuguese mfcrs and they'll confirm it...And most of my friends here know who i refer to...

I've tried it every time to get a pic but it gets so fussy i feel ashamed to take part of that and get away just so he knows i'm not part of the jungle attacking him...that's why till now i have no pics with him...

And its getting worst and worst every time he comes here...

I guess as far as the pics are concerned, I got lucky, as (apart from the first one) the other 2, there was hardly anyone around.

I guess as far as the pics are concerned, I got lucky, as (apart from the first one) the other 2, there was hardly anyone around.

We never have moments like that here...noy anymore, unless you get a private m&g, and even then it gets messy...

Yes I think it's very difficult to get a pic unless you go backstage or something. I can only remember one time Mika giving pics to people outside the venue. There were about 200 people there and he posed for photos with 2 different people because he knew them. Most of the time he refuses and I would not ask him for a photo anyway.

We never have moments like that here...not anymore, unless you get a private m&g, and even then it gets messy...

Is not quite the same...someone mobbing a shop are not as fierce as our portuguese gig "invaders" if you now who i refer to...:fisch:

I didnt even know the shot was taken...guess lils took it without me knowing it...

Difference is our well organised queues are always mobbed by foreigners and you can ask any portuguese mfcrs and they'll confirm it...And most of my friends here know who i refer to...

I've tried it every time to get a pic but it gets so fussy i feel ashamed to take part of that and get away just so he knows i'm not part of the jungle attacking him...that's why till now i have no pics with him...

And its getting worst and worst every time he comes here...

well, i don't think i'd be able to sleep at night if i was doing that. I prefer no Mika pic than one where i know i didn't act like a human being.

FYI, i don't have a pic of Mika (unless you consider my forehead & his face one:naughty:) & i don't even have an autograph.

Been a fan since Spring 2007. And if acting inappropriately is the only way to have a pic, then i don't want one at all. :no:

He knows who we are & has the memory of an elephant.

I think every country has mobbers, they do not need to be identified as foreigners.

well, i don't think i'd be able to sleep at night if i was doing that. I prefer no Mika pic than one where i know i didn't act like a human being.

FYI, i don't have a pic of Mika (unless you consider my forehead & his face one:naughty:) & i don't even have an autograph.

Been a fan since Spring 2007. And if acting inappropriately is the only way to have a pic, then i don't want one at all. :no:

I think every country has mobbers, they do not need to be identified as foreigners.

But the problem is they ARE foreigners, portuguese mfcrs would never behave like that...:sneaky2:

Thing is we are sick and tired of behaving and getting nothing while mobbers get pics, cats and dogs signed up, silly long chats and this and the other...

Of course we can't expell people from our gigs, and everyone reading this knows who is always welcome...but enough is enough. it's been happening in every gig and we're getting sick of it...

Me, for instance, when i go to spanish gigs always keep my distance to let others have their chance, and i've seen british and french people do so here too...

Why here has to be different? Do they think this is the banana republic or what?

But the problem is they ARE foreigners, portuguese mfcrs would never behave like that...:sneaky2:

Thing is we are sick and tired of behaving and getting nothing while mobbers get pics, cats and dogs signed up, silly long chats and this and the other...

Of course we can't expell people from our gigs, and everyone reading this knows who is always welcome...but enough is enough. it's been happening in every gig and we're getting sick of it...

Me, for instance, when i go to spanish gigs always keep my distance to let others have their chance, and i've seen british and french people do so here too...

Why here has to be different? Do they think this is the banana republic or what?

but as you just said, the problem is not that they are foreigners, it's their behavior. I think all of Europe is pretty wild when it comes to queuing/gigging :naughty: i'd probably have a heart attack :aah:

but as you just said, the problem is not that they are foreigners, it's their behavior. I think all of Europe is pretty wild when it comes to queuing/gigging :naughty: i'd probably have a heart attack :aah:

Of course its not because they're foreigners...We've had spanish, french, english, even brasilian and we became good friends with them all...

We had Rosita, Asun, Ana, Rosie, Kath, Fredster, the brasilian girls...one of them even stayed in my place...such as Olga when she came for Campo pequeno gig...It's just a couple or two of people who do this...

But portugal wasntpretty wild...we had friendly queueing, friendly fans meeting, calm and quiet m&g in the beginning but suddenly it all changed....

I guess it all started after the only gig i didnt attend to(coz i was in a coma at the hospital) which was held in Coimbra (Latadas)...

Been a fan since Spring 2007. And if acting inappropriately is the only way to have a pic, then i don't want one at all. no

I'm glad Mika has the memory of an elephant :naughty:

Then he will remember my :chkn::blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

I don't really have a pic of me with Mika either, well I do because someone took a pic of Mika at the m&g and I happened to be there with my :chkn: but that was pure luck :teehee:

And he signed three things for me in a row :shocked: so I got a lot more than had hoped for at the same time wub2

My :chkn: really broke the ice and we talked and laughed together as I had hoped :swoon:

And I was second row so he had seen the :chkn: all through the gig :naughty:

I'm a naughty girl :blush-anim-cl:

But he told me to bring it back so I will :thumb_yello:

Sorry, I'm so :offtopic: again :doh:

Wonkita get yourself a :chkn: for your next Mika gig :mf_rosetinted:

I :pray: you get to get your pic next time :hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I find the "Oh they are young and excited so you can't blame them" argument nonsense. It is no excuse to act like an asshole. And not everyone who mobbed him was young and ignorant. Excitement should never be a reason to be disrespectful and condoning it and making up excuses for it is just as disrespectful towards him.

And I give zero f*cks if it was your last chance for this year. That is the case for most of us. Everybody had their chance at the signing.

And I can safely say that I've had MANY more special moments with him with or without other fans around without having had to mob him.

Call me rude, a b*tch whatever. I just find it more important that he feels comfortable than for anyone to get their next fix bydisrespecting his space.

Oh and Wonka, I waited 5 years for my pic. Now I have too many XD

The thing that has always upset me re pics is that there are still quite a few hardcore long term fans who don't have pics ..... But many many casual 'don't really give a s*it ' fans who do. And basically, in most cases this is down to manners and the fact that these hardcore fans are the ones who aren't going to disrespect him or push theirselves forward inappropriately. I just wish that there was a way around it.

I'm glad Mika has the memory of an elephant :naughty:

Wonkita get yourself a :chkn: for your next Mika gig :mf_rosetinted:

I :pray: you get to get your pic next time :hug:

Nah, not a chicken, i'll bring a **** instead,maybe it works better...:mf_rosetinted:

:bye: where are you Wonkita? :huglove:

Whinning on my own...:mf_rosetinted:

I find the "Oh they are young and excited so you can't blame them" argument nonsense. It is no excuse to act like an asshole. And not everyone who mobbed him was young and ignorant. Excitement should never be a reason to be disrespectful and condoning it and making up excuses for it is just as disrespectful towards him.

And I give zero f*cks if it was your last chance for this year. That is the case for most of us. Everybody had their chance at the signing.

And I can safely say that I've had MANY more special moments with him with or without other fans around without having had to mob him.

Call me rude, a b*tch whatever. I just find it more important that he feels comfortable than for anyone to get their next fix bydisrespecting his space.

Oh and Wonka, I waited 5 years for my pic. Now I have too many XD

I've been waiting for 6 now...

The thing that has always upset me re pics is that there are still quite a few hardcore long term fans who don't have pics ..... But many many casual 'don't really give a s*it ' fans who do. And basically, in most cases this is down to manners and the fact that these hardcore fans are the ones who aren't going to disrespect him or push theirselves forward inappropriately. I just wish that there was a way around it.

:thumb_yello:

Thanks everyone for the reports, loved reading them :thumb_yello:

+1:thumb_yello: Better late than never, so BIG thanks from me too - for everything you've shared guys, from both Milan and London! :huglove: I'm so happy for everyone who had a great time, and feel sorry for those who had a bad experience! But thanks to MIKAs wonderful little speach, I hope you'll have a new chance already next year - it really sounds promising!:blush-anim-cl: It was so kind of MIKA to get this little after party arranged, and I'm very happy to hear that he's all OK, healthy and happy - that's what counts the most ... :wub2:

My congrats to the MFC team, Karin, LaraMay and Nina, who were lucky enough to win the Swatch prize, and got treated like VIPs in London - must have been a totally unforgettable day, and the best birthday gift for Nina - hope you had a great yesterday! :blush-anim-cl:

Btw, I love my yellow watch, even it's not signed - it has no. 111, which is perfect for me, as MIKA is my no. 1 :wub2: The watch fits my arm perfectly, and by wearing it, I kind of "feel his spirit in my pulse", hehe :teehee:

Love,love

me

Thank you Deb and Kath for your words. I mean to hang out in here for much much time, 'cause I'm feeling good chatting with you guys. I'm interested in mfc and mfciers, not only in Mika per se, so I can wait. And wait. And wait (and collect money to be able to attend some events, it's sad and unfair but I believe that having the chance to meet him it's also a money matter). Of course, I do hope at the end of this long waiting I will have my Mika treat. You help me to carry on with this hope.

It's good when people are interested in friendships with other fans. Not just Mika. God bless you and I hope you meet Mika one day.

I think the way around it has been to bring people backstage to be big girls, singers, etc. I know it doesn't work for everyone and it doesn't always guarantee you a pic either. But since Mika has chosen the route of giving freely of his time to his fans whenever he feels like it, as opposed to charging money for formal meet and greet sessions where you are basically buying a photo with him...it's the best of an imperfect system in Europe. You've just got too many fans waiting after the gig for him to offer to pose for photos.

Do you always have to push yourself forward inappropriately? I don't know. As I said I saw him give photos to two people in Dublin and they weren't mobbers. I think Mika was a bit tipsy and was enjoying the crowd and these two people were known to him as hardcore fans. One had to travel a great distance and couldn't see him often, the other was at his first gig because he was a youngling and it's not like Mika goes to Dublin every day.

I think to get a photo after a gig you're going to have to ask at every opportunity. Personally I would not do that. I never ask Mika for anything actually. But living in North America and having a few moments of extraordinary luck means I haven't had to ask. I think for most people in Europe who are not in the choir every night or whatever you are just going to have to keep asking if that's what you want. :dunno: