2013 -- Swatch signing session in London, UK, 26 November

mellody

Thanks for your pictures, Mellody ;) Each limited edition Swatch was signed by Mika at the back? I mean the items sold at the London Swatch shop. Or were they signed if people asked Mika?

I'm glad for him these watches sell well.

no they were signed only if you asked for it.

I think the limited edition design is nicer than the blue one - it is certainly smaller and suits a female wrist better, anyway :naughty:

agree. :naughty:

Well you certainly can't tell the time with it :lmfao:

much easier on the limited one than on the blue one, imo. tho white hands on a yellow background aren't ideal either, but black on dark blue is just impossible. :aah:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:shocked: you're not supposed to wear it.

You are supposed to worship it :mf_rosetinted:

Funny thing when I bought my watch the staff told me not to wear it!!!

They said its more for collectors and that I'd ruin it if I wore it. :blink:

I havent worn mine, I'm not used I wearing watches. But still, it was weird.

They said something similar to me...like..."well of course you wouldn't want to wear it".

I will never wear my watch. Wish I could get it signed but don't fancy carrying that box to a gig. :aah:

Absolutely. I had never even given a thought to the weight of the thing and merrily agreed to getting one for Deb and posting it to the States. :teehee::doh:

Having got it back from London I packaged it up ..... Took it to the post office .... Only to run into problems with the address ... They wouldn't accept it so I had to carry it around again for the rest of the morning before returning home with it ... Sorting the problem then taking it again. :doh:

Filling in the customs declaration was also quite funny. I wrote 'watch'. The guy looked at it ... Looked at the size of it .... Then looked at me in disbelief. :naughty:

I will never wear my watch. Wish I could get it signed but don't fancy carrying that box to a gig. :aah:

I can totally picture myself carrying a suitcase full of Mika's merch to a gig... well, not a suitcase, I don't have THAT much merch, but you get the idea :naughty:

much easier on the limited one than on the blue one, imo. tho white hands on a yellow background aren't ideal either, but black on dark blue is just impossible. :aah:

Black hands on a dark blue background must make it very difficult. One would need a very good sight.

Not very handy and it could get damaged during the gig.

They said something similar to me...like..."well of course you wouldn't want to wear it".

The yellow watch with its beautiful box and its limited number is obviously for collectible purposes. The blue one is useful to read Mikatime :mf_rosetinted: Every owner will have their own 'interpretation' or deciphering :teehee:

I've just realised that Mellody, LaraMay and Tiibet won the first prize in the end and the first team will keep their first prize but their trip had to be postponed. :clap::thumb_yello::winner_first_h4h: That's so great and so generous of Swatch!!!

I think I would see this as a "good advice" from the staff :blush-anim-cl: I will not wear this watch daily, then it won't last long, I think. It's more a collecting item, like the To-Fu Doll and "Songs for Sorrow" alb. which I also see as my small MIKA treasures :wub2: But the big, black box is decorative - and can be "used" :thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

Absolutely. I had never even given a thought to the weight of the thing and merrily agreed to getting one for Deb and posting it to the States. :teehee::doh:

Having got it back from London I packaged it up ..... Took it to the post office .... Only to run into problems with the address ... They wouldn't accept it so I had to carry it around again for the rest of the morning before returning home with it ... Sorting the problem then taking it again. :doh:

Filling in the customs declaration was also quite funny. I wrote 'watch'. The guy looked at it ... Looked at the size of it .... Then looked at me in disbelief. :naughty:

:teehee:

The thing that has always upset me re pics is that there are still quite a few hardcore long term fans who don't have pics ..... But many many casual 'don't really give a s*it ' fans who do. And basically, in most cases this is down to manners and the fact that these hardcore fans are the ones who aren't going to disrespect him or push theirselves forward inappropriately. I just wish that there was a way around it.

yes i for one haven't had my pic taken with him:(

and i've been a fan since early 2007, i was even a big girl and didn't get my pic cos i had to catch a train, and he was late coming out :sneaky2:

My ideal opportunity was at Winter Garden in Sheffield,but i forgot my camera:doh:

But all in all i'm just a wimp:teehee: and won't ask :lmao:

yes i for one haven't had my pic taken with him:(

and i've been a fan since early 2007, i was even a big girl and didn't get my pic cos i had to catch a train, and he was late coming out :sneaky2:

My ideal opportunity was at Winter Garden in Sheffield,but i forgot my camera:doh:

No kidding :naughty:

:lmfao: He must have been thinking why the hell is the box so big?!

Can't wait to get mine to the post office for Robi then:naughty:

How much does it weigh Kath?

:lmao:

i also would've thought twice about offering to bring watches to germany for mariposa and kanni, if i had known how heavy they are! :aah: together with some primark shopping my suitcase was at the far limit of the allowed weight on the way back. :teehee:

in fact i bought the yellow watch to wear it. the blue one is far too huge imo and hard to read, with black hands on dark blue. i won the blue one from swatch, so i have both now. might even wear both at the same time for a gig, just because. :teehee: but i also use watches like this when i go swimming or on a beach holiday, because my usual watch isn't waterproof. mika's watches both are supposed to be, so i expect to be able to use the yellow one at such occasions. if it breaks, i'll go to swatch and complain. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh I would not take the entire case with me anywhere. It is a beast. :aah: The outer box is not heavy but it is too large for me to want to bring into a venue and risk getting damaged. There is the slip of paper inside so maybe I will try that. But even that is a nuisance to me, trying to protect it. I have only asked Mika for a proper autograph once. I sent a tour program backstage for him to sign at his leisure and picked it up after the gig. I don't want to try getting something like this autographed in the middle of a rugby scrum in an alleyway. :aah: If he comes back to Toronto one day I will try because I can leave it in a car and honestly I don't even know if anyone here waits for Mika after the show. We didn't. :teehee:

I kind of thought the watches were okay when I saw pictures of them. Let's say I was not that thrilled when I saw and felt them in real life. So I didn't get one :naughty:,

Yes they are too plastic looking in real life and honestly I think it is a scam to charge that kind of money for their regular watches. I think the yellow watch is much better value even though it's more expensive because the case and the box have real substance. I know Mika is fascinated with plastic but this particular silicone in primary colours just looks like kitchen utensils to me. I don't fancy walking around wearing a spatula. :teehee:

Well that's it. If you don't ask you don't get. I know there are rude people out there but I don't think other fans are really responsible for the fact that some people still don't have pictures. Personally I would rather have a chat with Mika than all of this time consuming and awkward standing around and fake smiles so I'm glad he prefers to not take pics when he doesn't have much time to greet everyone.

Yes I would also like to know. I am close to getting my hands on a second one and may have to ship it.

It's SO heavy isn't it....keep it Rose if the cost is too high.

I'll be in the UK sooner or later :naughty:

I just put my box on the scale, and the weight is 2385 kilogram, and of course it needs to be properly packed, so yes, it's a heavy package to send ... :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Can't wait to get mine to the post office for Robi then:naughty:

i'm not kath, but i weighed it and for those who want to know in kilos, it's a bit over 3 kg. :wink2: with a box around and some filling material it might be around 3,5-4. which actually doesn't sound that much, i would've thought it was more! :aah:

Yes they are too plastic looking in real life and honestly I think it is a scam to charge that kind of money for their regular watches. I think the yellow watch is much better value even though it's more expensive because the case and the box have real substance. I know Mika is fascinated with plastic but this particular silicone in primary colours just looks like kitchen utensils to me. I don't fancy walking around wearing a spatula. :teehee:

:lmfao: