2013 -- Swatch signing session in London, UK, 26 November

mellody

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just put my box on the scale, and the weight is 2385 kilogram, and of course it needs to be properly packed, so yes, it's a heavy package to send ... :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Oh thank you for weight info. Mine has to be shipped from France, just heard that it doesnt fit the largest Colissimo box :sneaky2: Shipping cost to Korea is freaking expensive .. maybe half cost of the watch itself

Just sayin' :mf_rosetinted:

spatula.png

Ha I say I just bought a beautiful signed box and and a case, and a free watch is just included there also :mf_rosetinted:

Can't wait to get mine to the post office for Robi then:naughty:

How much does it weigh Kath?

i'm not kath, but i weighed it and for those who want to know in kilos, it's a bit over 3 kg. :wink2: with a box around and some filling material it might be around 3,5-4. which actually doesn't sound that much, i would've thought it was more! :aah:

Yes- with packaging it weighed 3.7kg

I don't want to try getting something like this autographed in the middle of a rugby scrum in an alleyway.

Yes quite. I was like that when I asked him to sign my arm to be tattooed .... The one and only time that I have ever really asked him for anything. I was paranoid that it had to be done nicely and carefully ... And slowly. :thumb_yello:

Absolutely. I had never even given a thought to the weight of the thing and merrily agreed to getting one for Deb and posting it to the States. :teehee::doh:

I know, Kath. As I told you later, I was so fixated on getting the Limited Edition, it never even occurred to me that I was going to have to get it shipped as well! :doh:

Having got it back from London I packaged it up ..... Took it to the post office .... Only to run into problems with the address ... They wouldn't accept it so I had to carry it around again for the rest of the morning before returning home with it ... Sorting the problem then taking it again. :doh:

Filling in the customs declaration was also quite funny. I wrote 'watch'. The guy looked at it ... Looked at the size of it .... Then looked at me in disbelief. :naughty:

Oh dear. :teehee: Well, let me thank you publicly and prolifically -- you are a real diamond to have gone through all this trouble for me. Thank you thank you thank you! :huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

I knew the limited would be heavy but i didn't realise how heavy...! Glad i only got the regular though I wish i could've set one to Nas :huh:

I bought the watch to wear as it's quite my style and it suits me really well after trying it on :naughty: i don't think i'd wear it everyday but i also wouldn't keep it in a box hidden away somewhere... I didn't buy it to be worth a lot of money in years to come but because it was something special to me... :original:

I know, Kath. As I told you later, I was so fixated on getting the Limited Edition, it never even occurred to me that I was going to have to get it shipped as well! :doh:

Oh dear. :teehee: Well, let me thank you publicly and prolifically -- you are a real diamond to have gone through all this trouble for me. Thank you thank you thank you! :huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

We are both as bad as each other ... No even giving a thought to the weight. :naughty:

But you are very welcome. :huglove: it wasn't really a problem - I was just keen to get it off to you asap:thumb_yello:

I knew the limited would be heavy but i didn't realise how heavy...! Glad i only got the regular though I wish i could've set one to Nas :huh:

I bought the watch to wear as it's quite my style and it suits me really well after trying it on :naughty: i don't think i'd wear it everyday but i also wouldn't keep it in a box hidden away somewhere... I didn't buy it to be worth a lot of money in years to come but because it was something special to me... :original:

I am sure it suits you very well :thumb_yello:

Reading back and loving all the crazy things we all do for Mika :group_hug:

I have the blue watch but I'll never wear it either, I never wear watches it's more to treasure :wub2:

I kind of wanted a yellow one too but I'm happy with the blue one :naughty:

knowing Mika designed it makes me happy :wub2:

Has any of you being successful in seing the watch animated artwork? I can't download the ap on my phone so I have no idea what it looks like and I'm really curious :hypo:

I would have loved to see the look in the postman s eyes when you said there was a watch in the box :naughty:

That's very uncharitable !

It's funny though :teehee:

I really like the watch design myself , it's mikaish , colorful , free and crazy :blush-anim-cl:

The mask freaks me out a little :mikacool: but if I had been able to be at one o f the signing sessions I would have probably gotten both watches :fisch:

It's funny though :teehee:

I really like the watch design myself , it's mikaish , colorful , free and crazy :blush-anim-cl:

The mask freaks me out a little :mikacool: but if I had been able to be at one o f the signing sessions I would have probably gotten both watches :fisch:

i think i like the box better than the watch. it would be a nice conversation piece.

what is it made of?

That's very uncharitable !

Well they received my charity to the tune of $200, they'll survive. :naughty: In any case it's not my fault that the watches are made out of the exact same material as kitchen utensils. I'm just calling a spade a spade...err a spatula.

i think i like the box better than the watch. it would be a nice conversation piece.

what is it made of?

I think it's wood. But it feels like lead. Or maybe dark matter. :naughty:

Well they received my charity to the tune of $200, they'll survive. :naughty: In any case it's not my fault that the watches are made out of the exact same material as kitchen utensils. I'm just calling a spade a spade...err a spatula.

I think it's wood. But it feels like lead. Or maybe dark matter. :naughty:

The tin is strange - not metal or wood or plastic, but maybe a heavy moulded resin-type material. And it looks hand-painted to me. It's beautiful :wub2:

what is it made of?

i first thought it was some heavy kind of metal, but graciosa told me it must be some sort of clay, and i think i agree with her. clay or ceramics, something like that. i think it's the most likely, after wood, relating to mika's totem story. and it's too heavy for wood.

tho i also like christine's idea of it being dark matter. :naughty:

Edited by mellody

The tin is strange - not metal or wood or plastic, but maybe a heavy moulded resin-type material. And it looks hand-painted to me. It's beautiful :wub2:

Yes you and Karin are right. It's too heavy to be wood. I heard it was hand painted somewhere, so I think that's right.

Guy you are right. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on the pretty-face lovers. If I hadn't "known" Mika for so long I'd probably fall in love too. :naughty: He has looked lovely in all these personal appearances.

Would someone take some pics of this flipping box? I'm curious- the Swatch websites all seem to assume people are more interested in the watches

it's the round circle container i'm talking about... maybe i shouldn't call it a box :aah:

thank you!

Guy you are right. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on the pretty-face lovers. If I hadn't "known" Mika for so long I'd probably fall in love too. :naughty: He has looked lovely in all these personal appearances.

I have to keep this quote somewhere, I had never thought I could hear you saying that one day :naughty: