Hey guys! :)

I'm participating to a project (the First Global Project, if anyone has heard of it?!). I'm from Luxembourg and we're going to travel to Washington, DC in July. I was wondering if anyone lives there or not far away? I would be really happy to learn some things about your culture and all the things to see, if you have some places you like that you'd like to share with me or whatever! :):usa:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lauramikale said:

I'm participating to a project (the First Global Project, if anyone has heard of it?!). I'm from Luxembourg and we're going to travel to Washington, DC in July. I was wondering if anyone lives there or not far away? I would be really happy to learn some things about your culture and all the things to see, if you have some places you like that you'd like to share with me or whatever! :):usa:

Hey there :)

You must be pretty excited about coming here to Washington D.C. I've never been there, but I can tell you a few things about it. Washington D.C. is a very historical city here in the US, and we have quite a few landmarks, such as the White House, Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument. There are more buildings there; you'll have to research Washington D.C. to know exactly where you want to go. You can take a tour to the different buildings and they will teach you about the history of our country and how it was founded. Hope I helped in a way... again, I've never been there but I do know about it.

It's quite funny that you're going to Washington D.C. in July because our Independence Day is on July 4th, and you'll possibly be learning about how all of that happened :naughty:

If you have any other questions please ask and I will try to help in the best way I can. I hope you enjoy our country!! :D

7 hours ago, Lauramikale said:

Welcome in advance to our country :D 

I don't live anywhere near D.C. but I've been there a few times. I recommend the zoo, it's cost is free and they have pandas!  The Smithsonian museums are all really interesting, and also free. my favorite was museum of natural history with it's gemstones and dinosaur bones and other cool exhibits, but the American history museum might be better if you wanna learn about the USA more.

DcDeb could tell you more since she lives near the city, perhaps drop her a note in case she hasn't seen your post.

Edited by kreacher

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I’m new and I’d like to be added. My screen name is JoAllson, but you can call me Jo.

I’m from near Albany NY. I’ve been a fan of Mika’s for a couple years now but am not a big “ joiner” (introvert, yes, and kinda shy) and put off joining MFC until I figured out you all might have the best information and updates on him (and any advice on how to watch Casa Mika from here would be greatly appreciated!), so here I am. I’m 57, work for NY state govt as a lawyer/ALJ. I’m into reading, music, YouTube videos of The Voice/XFactor, genealogy, and am a politics-junkie (will not talk politics here). 

I saw that people are putting how they discovered Mika in their first posts so I will but it might get a bit long. I’ve had issues with depression since my middle brother died, hit by lightning about 7 years ago near DC. One of my ways of dealing has been watching YouTube videos of The Voice and X Factor in other countries (have my favorite judges, Mika was definitely one). [Because of the years of watching I sort of understand French and Italian,  and Dutch (plus one of my s-I-ls is Dutch) and I took Spanish for 8 years several decades ago so I sort of understand it too, but have discovered I don’t really need to understand the language to like the music.] Then one year I got the idea to listen to the music of all the coaches of The Voice since they’re the ones considered good enough to be coaches. I googled and found an article that listed all the countries that do The Voice (64!) and all the coaches for all the years. And I’ve been working my way through the coaches ever since via Spotify (and Wikipedia to check if they’re in a group). I try to give each one 1 hour to half a day, at minimum. If I like them I either (or both) add their stuff to one or more of my Spotify shuffle lists (can’t make a real playlist to save my life...I just add songs and hit shuffle), or straight out buy their music. I’ve bought songs or albums for several, but Mika is the only one (so far) where I’ve tracked down every single song/album I could find and bought them, plus tracked down all his covers of others’ music I could find on YouTube and made my own private watch list, and have spent hours watching YouTube videos of his concerts. Some of his songs made me cry (personal reasons), most make me happy, and they all feel like a warm hug when I really need it, you know? And, learning more about him, I truly admire his human rights work, and his caring, and super creativity and sense of fun, plus he seems really nice, (and yes, is very handsome).  So now for the first time in my life I joined a fan club. 

Anybody have any advice on how to watch Casa Mika from the States?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 9:17 PM, JoAllison said:

Hi! I’m new and I’d like to be added. My screen name is JoAllson, but you can call me Jo.

I’m from near Albany NY. I’ve been a fan of Mika’s for a couple years now but am not a big “ joiner” (introvert, yes, and kinda shy) and put off joining MFC until I figured out you all might have the best information and updates on him (and any advice on how to watch Casa Mika from here would be greatly appreciated!), so here I am. I’m 57, work for NY state govt as a lawyer/ALJ. I’m into reading, music, YouTube videos of The Voice/XFactor, genealogy, and am a politics-junkie (will not talk politics here). 

I saw that people are putting how they discovered Mika in their first posts so I will but it might get a bit long. I’ve had issues with depression since my middle brother died, hit by lightning about 7 years ago near DC. One of my ways of dealing has been watching YouTube videos of The Voice and X Factor in other countries (have my favorite judges, Mika was definitely one). [Because of the years of watching I sort of understand French and Italian,  and Dutch (plus one of my s-I-ls is Dutch) and I took Spanish for 8 years several decades ago so I sort of understand it too, but have discovered I don’t really need to understand the language to like the music.] Then one year I got the idea to listen to the music of all the coaches of The Voice since they’re the ones considered good enough to be coaches. I googled and found an article that listed all the countries that do The Voice (64!) and all the coaches for all the years. And I’ve been working my way through the coaches ever since via Spotify (and Wikipedia to check if they’re in a group). I try to give each one 1 hour to half a day, at minimum. If I like them I either (or both) add their stuff to one or more of my Spotify shuffle lists (can’t make a real playlist to save my life...I just add songs and hit shuffle), or straight out buy their music. I’ve bought songs or albums for several, but Mika is the only one (so far) where I’ve tracked down every single song/album I could find and bought them, plus tracked down all his covers of others’ music I could find on YouTube and made my own private watch list, and have spent hours watching YouTube videos of his concerts. Some of his songs made me cry (personal reasons), most make me happy, and they all feel like a warm hug when I really need it, you know? And, learning more about him, I truly admire his human rights work, and his caring, and super creativity and sense of fun, plus he seems really nice, (and yes, is very handsome).  So now for the first time in my life I joined a fan club. 

Welcome to the fandom! Sorry about your brother and I'm happy for you that you were able to gain something good out of tragedy. Here's a link to the official Network website that Stasera CasaMika airs on http://www.raiplay.it/programmi/staseracasamika/mika. It'll take you right to the CasaMika page and once you log in with facebook you can watch some of those videos... it's a good thing you are familiar with Italian, because there be no subtitles. (Which is a downer for me because I dont know much of anything about the Italian language.:mf_rosetinted:)

• Like 1

On 2017/10/31 at 12:17 PM, JoAllison said:

Hi Jo @JoAllison

Welcome to the MFC !:welcomeani:

I'm Eriko from Japan ( sorry for my poor English )

You can watch any episodes from RaiPlay http://www.raiplay.it/programmi/staseracasamika/

and watch

ONLINE LIVE STREAMING

https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/Italy/Rai-2--32

Have fun !!!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 5:37 PM, JoAllison said:

Thanks so much @Shanie and @Kumazzz for your help! 

Hi! Welcome to MFC :bye: Thank you for your great intro. If you have any questions or need anything just ask :)

I'm in the USA too and I use the online streaming link that Eriko posted to watch it, so far it's worked great. 

If you wanna see the show with English subtitles too we have a great team of fans who have already completed the first episode

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kreacher said:

Hi! Welcome to MFC :bye: Thank you for your great intro. If you have any questions or need anything just ask :)

I'm in the USA too and I use the online streaming link that Eriko posted to watch it, so far it's worked great. 

If you wanna see the show with English subtitles too we have a great team of fans who have already completed the first episode

Thank you. I just finished watching the subtitled one. It was fun watching it the first time, even though most people talked too fast for me to understand, because I loved the music and watched the reactions/body language when the people I couldn’t understand talked and the emotion still came through a lot, but it was A LOT better with subtitles! I really appreciate that you all do them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I’m heather I’m from Seattle, wa and been a fan of Mika’s for a while! I found out about him while listening to “popular song” and have been obsessed since. I haven’t seen him live YET!! But I’ve been dying to. It’s crazy because in my state hardly no one knows about him except for my friends so I’ve started a fan club in my school to start bringing attention to him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heather1 said:

Hi I’m heather I’m from Seattle, wa and been a fan of Mika’s for a while! I found out about him while listening to “popular song” and have been obsessed since. I haven’t seen him live YET!! But I’ve been dying to. It’s crazy because in my state hardly no one knows about him except for my friends so I’ve started a fan club in my school to start bringing attention to him.

Welcome Heather! :welcomeani:

I'm from the other Washington -- DC. :)

Let's hope with the album coming out later in 2018 that Mika will be back in the US, so that you can eventually see him live. He puts on an amazing show! :fangurl:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 4:16 AM, Heather1 said:

Hi Heather!

Welcome to MFC!

I haven't seen Mika live yet either and been a fan for years.. I just haven't have a chance! I hope that the next time he comes to America we will both get to see him!

On 12/25/2017 at 4:16 AM, Heather1 said:

Hi Heather,  Welcome! I’m from NY (but not NYC). I haven’t seen him either & I’d really like to. I discovered him a few years ago and became YouTube obsessed (plus bought all his music). 

41 minutes ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Wondering if there's anyone from North Carolina lurking around here? I'm moving there in the summer. Just wondering, some advice on moving to the south would be nice. :fisch:

My partner lives in SC (14 year long distance relationship, so I’ve been to SC a lot). I also have an aunt and uncle in Wilmington NC who I visit (and cousins in other southern states). I’m not first choice since I don’t live there, but if nobody better turns up, maybe I can help.

12 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Wondering if there's anyone from North Carolina lurking around here? I'm moving there in the summer. Just wondering, some advice on moving to the south would be nice. :fisch:

i'm sorry, i've never even been to the south (except florida once) so i'm no help at all. We did have an MFCer from SC who frequented for a while but i haven't seen her around since like late 2015.

14 hours ago, JoAllison said:

My partner lives in SC (14 year long distance relationship, so I’ve been to SC a lot). I also have an aunt and uncle in Wilmington NC who I visit (and cousins in other southern states). I’m not first choice since I don’t live there, but if nobody better turns up, maybe I can help.

Wow, and you're from New York? That's far. How have you guys made that work? 

I've visited a few times as well, because my parents live there, but it's going to be so different actually living there and getting to know people from there. It'd be interesting to talk to someone who is actually from there about it. But if you have any input, I'd be happy to hear it! :thumb_yello:

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

i'm sorry, i've never even been to the south (except florida once) so i'm no help at all. We did have an MFCer from SC who frequented for a while but i haven't seen her around since like late 2015.

I know who you're talking about. We used to be best friends on here. I'm pretty sure I'm moving close to where she was from, if I remember correctly. Just in North Carolina. Is that creepy that I remember that? We were online friends after all. :fisch:

Geez, Dee. I haven't talked to you in literally years. Sorry for being MIA. How are you doing? I miss talking to you on chat. :rip_1:

Edited by cat_loves_mika

On 1/24/2018 at 1:21 PM, cat_loves_mika said:

I've visited a few times as well, because my parents live there, but it's going to be so different actually living there and getting to know people from there. It'd be interesting to talk to someone who is actually from there about it. But if you have any input, I'd be happy to hear it! :thumb_yello:

I know who you're talking about. We used to be best friends on here. I'm pretty sure I'm moving close to where she was from, if I remember correctly. Just in North Carolina. Is that creepy that I remember that? We were online friends after all. :fisch:

Geez, Dee. I haven't talked to you in literally years. Sorry for being MIA. How are you doing? I miss talking to you on chat. :rip_1:

Basically because neither of us can picture life without the other in it, but there are real reasons we can’t live together yet. In another 2-4 years we’ll do it. We talk every night, text throughout the day if things happen that we want to share now (instead of waiting for 9 pm call) or need help on now (ditto). We spend 5-6 days together every 4-6 weeks and about 2-3 two week vacations together a year.(although lately some of those “vacations” have been me (& him) going out to Texas to help my brother with my parents. Usually I go to his place in the winter and he comes up in the Summer and we split fall and spring. Whenever I’m hospitalized he comes up during and after to take care of me (I’ve some chronic illness issues).

We’ve both been living alone a long time before we met (at an online discussion site),  and liked being single.  We’d dated others but never married anyone. I lived with another guy for awhile but ended up with restraining orders. (When young I’d an unerring eye for falling for “the bad guy”, then I took some years off dating & into therapy to sort myself out.)   So I’ve dated enough bad ones to appreciate a good one when I found him, and realized at my age it’s worth the effort to keep it strong, yet this way we each get our alone time. For us, it works.

Where in N.C. are you headed?

Edited by JoAllison

34 minutes ago, JoAllison said:

Basically because neither of us can picture life without the other in it, but there are real reasons we can’t live together yet. In another 2-4 years we’ll do it. We talk every night, text throughout the day if things happen that we want to share now (instead of waiting for 9 pm call) or need help on now (ditto). We spend 5-6 days together every 4-6 weeks and about 2-3 two week vacations together a year.(although lately some of those “vacations” have been me (& him) going out to Texas to help my brother with my parents. Usually I go to his place in the winter and he comes up in the Summer and we split fall and spring. Whenever I’m hospitalized he comes up during and after to take care of me (I’ve some chronic illness issues).

We’ve both been living alone a long time before we met (at an online discussion site),  and liked being single.  We’d dated others but never married anyone. I lived with another guy for awhile but ended up with restraining orders. (When young I’d an unerring eye for falling for “the bad guy”, then I took some years off dating & into therapy to sort myself out.)   So I’ve dated enough bad ones to appreciate a good one when I found him, and realized at my age it’s worth the effort to keep it strong, yet this way we each get our alone time. For us, it works.

Where in N.C. are you headed?

Well, its nice that you've found someone and that you've figured something out that works. Must be nice to get out of upstate NY in the winter for the south pretty regularly :wink2:

Charlotte. Very nice area, my parents are there too. 

On 1/24/2018 at 12:21 PM, cat_loves_mika said:

Yo! I've been ok, been busy doing not much at all. How's things with you? I miss talking to you on chat too, it's been aaaaaages. 

8 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Yo! I've been ok, been busy doing not much at all. How's things with you? I miss talking to you on chat too, it's been aaaaaages. 

Well, thats good! Glad you're still alive and active on the forum. I saw your Mika Encyclopedia; it's impressive to say the least. So at least Mika keeps you all sorts of busy :lmfao:

I'm pretty good. Probably a lot better than when I last talked to you, honestly. A lot has changed for the better. :thumb_yello: