That's what my car is for, when I'm driving around town running errands. My own little Mikaverse. I sing to my heart's content. I need to remember,though, that other people can see me. I can get embarrassing. Must also learn to stop doing the hand gestures along with WAG. Both hands on the wheel.

BTW, I know there's a list of Mika terms on here, but I don't recall. Is there a term for when all other music that isn't Mika's sounds bland and pointless? I'm suffering from that now. If there isn't one, we need to invent one.

2 1/2 years later and i'm still in this phase :teehee:

That's what my car is for, when I'm driving around town running errands. My own little Mikaverse. I sing to my heart's content. I need to remember,though, that other people can see me. I can get embarrassing. Must also learn to stop doing the hand gestures along with WAG. Both hands on the wheel.

BTW, I know there's a list of Mika terms on here, but I don't recall. Is there a term for when all other music that isn't Mika's sounds bland and pointless? I'm suffering from that now. If there isn't one, we need to invent one.

I just love your signature with the smiley holding the flag! :original: I hope you don't mind if I use it? I have been trying to think of different signatures and I really like yours.

Of course not!

I wish I had some gigs to put under mine, though! :blush-anim-cl:

Hopefully he will come tour the US again (sometime). Then maybe we can meet up at the same show! You will LOVE seeing him perform live. He is an ultimate showman and am so happy his music found me. :original:

I would love to see a show and hopefully meet some of you wonderful people. The shows sound amazing, whether they are the big, crazy spectacles, or the small intimate ones. I read the post show depression thread, though, and I fear this. I tend to get that way after fun stuff. Time will tell......

I would love to see a show and hopefully meet some of you wonderful people. The shows sound amazing, whether they are the big, crazy spectacles, or the small intimate ones. I read the post show depression thread, though, and I fear this. I tend to get that way after fun stuff. Time will tell......

Whenever next shows are coming our way, I wanna try to go to NYC or somewhere else besides Montreal... Last spring, I couldn't because the tour was coinciding with my daughter's annual ice skating shows (and rehearsals before)... I prayed really hard I would be able to see at least my home show! It worked out, it couldn't have been a better day but I missed seeing another one, especially since they were so different.

It wouldbe awesome if we could meet:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
I just have a question....

So, Mika doesn't have a personal Facebook, but does he ever go on Facebook or post things himself?

There is a Mika Facebook fan page but I do not think he personally posts to it. I think they use it mainly for promotion. I don't know if he has a personal Facebook page. I would highly doubt that he does because he is such a private person. I know he has a love/hate relationship with Twitter and rarely posts on there. But I do believe most of the Twitter posts are his. Not all posts but most. Or maybe it is just wishful thinking....

I just have a question....

So, Mika doesn't have a personal Facebook, but does he ever go on Facebook or post things himself?

Mika does go on Facebook, even though he doesn't have a personal page, that we know of -- he doesn't post on the Mikasounds Facebook page, but he reads it from time to time. And he definitely recently posted on a Italian Facebook page using the Mikasounds page, at least once -- I can't remember if it was more than that.

There is a Mika Facebook fan page but I do not think he personally posts to it. I think they use it mainly for promotion. I don't know if he has a personal Facebook page. I would highly doubt that he does because he is such a private person. I know he has a love/hate relationship with Twitter and rarely posts on there. But I do believe most of the Twitter posts are his. Not all posts but most. Or maybe it is just wishful thinking....

No, it's not wishful thinking -- Mika handles his own Twitter account, his management doesn't have access to it. Many of us have gotten tweets from him, both in private and publicly. :thumb_yello:

It makes me sort of giggly thinking that we are in the same country, which is ridiculous because he's half a country and thousands of miles away. How luscious would it be to be in California right now....:surfing::boat::tumbleweed::drinks_wine:

It makes me sort of giggly thinking that we are in the same country, which is ridiculous because he's half a country and thousands of miles away. How luscious would it be to be in California right now....:surfing::boat::tumbleweed::drinks_wine:

Imagine, we're happy he's in our continent, and we're further away than you are!

Imagine, we're happy he's in our continent, and we're further away than you are!

We take what we can get during Mikadrought.

Did anyone watch How I Met Your Mother last week, when Ted and Ricin were sitting on the beach?

• 3 weeks later...
Howdy y'all! Just wondering how everyone is :bye:

Are ya'll watching the Olympics? I get weirdly obsessed about them & very patriotic :teehee: GO TEAM USA!

I'm watching the figure skating right now. I know if I don't watch it live somehow I'll find out the results. Plus, they show all the skaters, not just the ones they think we want to see. Can't wait to see the final group. I love the Olympics, especially the winter ones. But I hate it when they end.

Charlie White is my Olympic crush.

We take what we can get during Mikadrought.

Did anyone watch How I Met Your Mother last week, when Ted and Ricin were sitting on the beach?

Hi everybody! I started watching How I met your mother but stopped watching around season 5 or 6 when it got too difficult to download the new episodes or watch them (streaming) online.

I hope you're all fine :wink2:

Hi everybody! I started watching How I met your mother but stopped watching around season 5 or 6 when it got too difficult to download the new episodes or watch them (streaming) online.

I hope you're all fine :wink2:

That's too bad. It's a great show. The reason I asked was because a few weeks ago, a theme running through the episode was Ted losing a red balloon when he was a kid, and he never got over it. Knowing Robin is getting married, he will have to lose her too. There's this fantasy sequence where he gives up his love for Robin, and she floats up in the sky, with her feet dangling down. She doesn't have the red balloon around her wrist, and the music that was playing was Eternal Flame by the Bangles, but all I heard in my head was "This is the way you left me, I'm not pretending...."

Final flight of skaters! Johnny Weir looks like a golden goddess and he's so excited I think he's going to wet himself. I just love him.

I haven't been watching too much of the Olympics. It's weird, if I hear the outcome ahead of time, I won't watch the replay later that night.

Except CURLING! I will always watch Curling!

I haven't been watching too much of the Olympics. It's weird, if I hear the outcome ahead of time, I won't watch the replay later that night.

They have been doing a spectacular job of giving away the results this Olympics. Didn't they used to try and avoid that?

I'm obsessed with curling! I have watched all the matches shown on tv (except the last couple which are waiting on my dvr). I can't explain why it fascinates me so much.

I've also watched all the figure skating. I'm not patriotic, and don't care at all who wins anything, I just enjoy watching. I was kind of rooting for Norway to win curling, though, because PANTS. :naughty:

I'm obsessed with curling! I have watched all the matches shown on tv (except the last couple which are waiting on my dvr). I can't explain why it fascinates me so much.

I've also watched all the figure skating. I'm not patriotic, and don't care at all who wins anything, I just enjoy watching. I was kind of rooting for Norway to win curling, though, because PANTS. :naughty:

Figure skating is my favorite. I think the right person won the women's event.

When I saw some of those curling pants, I said to the kids, "Even Mika wouldn't wear something so bright. "