2014 - MIKA in Naples (Nutella's 50th Anniversary) 18 May -- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

It wasnt for me :emot-sad:

That's a shame Alba :hug::huglove::itsok:

I'm sure things will be better at your next Mika gig sweetheart :huglove:

My first gigs couldn't be front row either as my husband didn't see the point of leaving a day before :doh: I got lucky at La Nuit de l'Erdre that we were earlier and I make my way to the front row dancing :naughty: and also as it was very hot and people went to get drinks , but I had my small bottle of water with me and I could get closer to the stage till I was front row for the first time and it's so much better :mikalove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you won't :huglove: You know you are welcome any time in France! :huglove: Ryanair and Easyjet are good friends of Mikafans :thumb_yello::naughty:

France...yes, I've been twice in France and they were a really good times, no pushing, no screaming girls, unforgettable gigs, one of the best but someone did talk me about Compiegne and that it was a real mess. I dont want that for me again. I had enough with Italy

That's a shame Alba :hug::huglove::itsok:

I'm sure things will be better at your next Mika gig sweetheart :huglove:

My first gigs couldn't be front row either as my husband didn't see the point of leaving a day before :doh: I got lucky at La Nuit de l'Erdre that we were earlier and I make my way to the front row dancing :naughty: and also as it was very hot and people went to get drinks , but I had my small bottle of water with me and I could get closer to the stage till I was front row for the first time and it's so much better :mikalove:

Thanks sweetie. :huglove:

I didnt write all my experience in Napoli because my english is not good enough but it was hell, I swear :sneaky2:

France...yes, I've been twice in France and they were a really good times, no pushing, no screaming girls, unforgettable gigs, one of the best but someone did talk me about Compiegne and that it was a real mess. I dont want that for me again. I had enough with Italy

Thanks sweetie. :huglove:

I didnt write all my experience in Napoli because my english is not good enough but it was hell, I swear :sneaky2:

I'm so sorry for you honey :hug:

I had everything set for Compiegne and I couldn't go :sad: but when I read the reports I could tell it didn't go well either ...

Sylvie, I put all three parts of your wonderful report together and I tried to post it all, but it's too big for one post only :naughty:

That's a pity , it's really nice to read it all in a row :wub2:

And it's not even finished, two chapters are still missing :floor:

MFC server will recognize me as a spammer :doh:

About gig crowds and countries, dear Mfcers, according to my experience (just in Europe) i think it is not possible to generalize.

There are differences between Mika gigs and festivals with Mika guest,*between gig indoor and outdoor, free *gig and gig with ticket, gig in holyday region and gig in big city.

And your comfort in the crowd it depends just *from the small group of 10 people are strictly around you, in any country you are.

UK *crowds are in general ok but you can always find some drunk person who ruins the atmosphere and the safety.

In 2007 i attended a gig in a german city and i found the most polite "neighbors of gig", the day after in another german city the crowd around me was unpleasant and they pushed a lot.

In Swiss usually people are relaxed and they let a lot of space in the crowd. But in Paleo festival (Swiss) the area immediatly in front of the stage is always very full and there are drunk people very dangerous.

In France a lot of times i enjoyed the gig safety, sometimes in danger.*

In Spain the crowd was ok but i met one or two very dangerous people.

In Italy the first problem is... a lot of screaming teenager girls who often push. But not in all areas of the crowd. And sometimes little groups of boys who dance in a pushing and dangerous way... But in general they leave your area early, they need to go search beer often and after they go disturb in other parts of the crowd.

Crowd Surfers (people who pretend to join first rows immediatly before Mika gig pushing people who are there from hours) are mainly in Italy but i noticed in other countries too, in France for example (but in France, sometimes it happens that they don't push, they simply ask to tall people if they can go ahead them!)

Finally let me say that when MFCers want all to stay in first row the second row can be an "enemy" for them.

When MFCers are in first, second and third row, the crowd is amazing and able to "educate" the entire general crowd. :original:

Anyway Napoli is the only gig where sellers of drinks pretend to surf in the crowd where people are very very near each other. And not with a bag for drinks. They drag a cart 1 meter x 1 meter with an illuminated umbrella.

During Happy Ending my friends in first row were crying. Me? I was laughing because this mobile bar near me, it was annoyng but also very funny: inventiveness of Neapolitans is priceless! :doh:

yes :mf_rosetinted: we are waiting for them :mf_rosetinted:

:wink2:

It will take some more time, I'm dealing with the consequences of having left hubby home alone ...

:tumbleweed: huge furry balls have taken over and now rule all over the place....

Crowd Surfers (people who pretend to join first rows immediatly before Mika gig pushing people who are there from hours) are mainly in Italy

Those days we even have an ad which make crowd surfers appear as cool, successful people, and they call them heroes.

:badmood:

And no comment about parents who let little kids to surf the crowd alone! :shocked:

I noticed in Italy and in France.

In different circumstances I saw parents to teach them that, since they are children, they can give a rat ass about rules. For instance, they were making them traspassing barriers cause "they're just children"

When they get older they just step over you or demand you to let them go ahead cause "they want to see". Yeah, as I don't want to see as well.

About gig crowds and countries, dear Mfcers, according to my experience (just in Europe) i think it is not possible to generalize.

There are differences between Mika gigs and festivals with Mika guest,*between gig indoor and outdoor, free *gig and gig with ticket, gig in holyday region and gig in big city.

And your comfort in the crowd it depends just *from the small group of 10 people are strictly around you, in any country you are.

UK *crowds are in general ok but you can always find some drunk person who ruins the atmosphere and the safety.

In 2007 i attended a gig in a german city and i found the most polite "neighbors of gig", the day after in another german city the crowd around me was unpleasant and they pushed a lot.

In Swiss usually people are relaxed and they let a lot of space in the crowd. But in Paleo festival (Swiss) the area immediatly in front of the stage is always very full and there are drunk people very dangerous.

In France a lot of times i enjoyed the gig safety, sometimes in danger.*

In Spain the crowd was ok but i met one or two very dangerous people.

In Italy the first problem is... a lot of screaming teenager girls who often push. But not in all areas of the crowd. And sometimes little groups of boys who dance in a pushing and dangerous way... But in general they leave your area early, they need to go search beer often and after they go disturb in other parts of the crowd.

Crowd Surfers (people who pretend to join first rows immediatly before Mika gig pushing people who are there from hours) are mainly in Italy but i noticed in other countries too, in France for example (but in France, sometimes it happens that they don't push, they simply ask to tall people if they can go ahead them!)

Finally let me say that when MFCers want all to stay in first row the second row can be an "enemy" for them.

When MFCers are in first, second and third row, the crowd is amazing and able to "educate" the entire general crowd. :original:

Anyway Napoli is the only gig where sellers of drinks pretend to surf in the crowd where people are very very near each other. And not with a bag for drinks. They drag a cart 1 meter x 1 meter with an illuminated umbrella.

During Happy Ending my friends in first row were crying. Me? I was laughing because this mobile bar near me, it was annoyng but also very funny: inventiveness of Neapolitans is priceless! :doh:

Exactly what happened and we were insulted for trying to stop them.

It was the first gig I saw something like that and we suffer a lot, there wasn't space for the sellers and when we did complain they didn't mind absolutely...another nightmare...how is it possible enjoying a gig with all those obstacles?

Alba, you are welcome any time in the UK. :hug:

Just don't expect to see Mika :mf_rosetinted:

I also want a report about safety in Naples. Have you been assaulted, robbed or worse?

I'd like Naples to have its dignity back, if possible :fisch:

Not at all. Perfectly safe for me. Actually loved it... :thumb_yello:

When MFCers are in first, second and third row, the crowd is amazing and able to "educate" the entire general crowd.

This time the show was too big to do such a thing... I was surrounded by MFCers and was so grateful we took care of each other. But in the front row there were some very aggressive people who wouldn't stop pushing :(

No way! I saw it in the video and I wondered why the heck a giant luminous umbrella was standing in the middle of the crowd, now it's clear (still doesn't make any sense though) :naughty:

If anyone is still interested, here’s my report.

Before talking about the actual gig, I’d like to start by explaining why this trip had a special meaning to me. What brought me to it was a resolution I made last year as a result of some major happenings in my life. I promised to myself back then to step out of my comfort zone more often and stop running away from the things I fear -yeah, I bet you know who inspired me- and instead take advantage of these fears to grow up and become closer to the person I want to be.

On this note, I loved what Nina wrote: "life is more adventurous if we tolerate some discomfort and sometimes it's just worth to pay the price". I think it’s absolutely true and I really can say that thanks to the risks I’ve taken and despite everything, now I’m happier than I was two years ago. Everytime an opportunity comes up, what I do now is asking myself “Why not?”. If I can't answer this question, I'll go for it.

So this year, for example, I made new friends by daring to be myself in spite of my fear of being rejected.

I joined the MFC community, in order to learn not to be constantly frightened by speaking my mind in front of people (I’m still working on it, but I feel I’ve taken a few steps forward).

I decided to take a trip to Naples, even though the huge crowd and the idea of speaking to lots of new people scared me. This eventually turned out to be the right decision, because I had the time of my life there and I even feel a little braver now.:blush-anim-cl:

Regarding the city, this was the first time for me in Naples and I found it incredibly beautiful. Thank you so much to Eugenio for being the perfect host to us!

I found the bad reputation of the city really exaggerated. It’s true that we only saw the city centre and sure there are some dangerous areas, just as in any other big city though. I would have liked to visit many more places, but unfortunately duty called me back home soon.

About the concert, I’m sure you already know every little detail, so I’m just going to try and add my personal vision to the picture, hoping not to sound too repetitive.

Of course the hardest part was standing for 15 hours in a row under the sun, enduring the constant pushing (extremely rude people), not being able to move, eat or drink. Thank God I was surrounded by nice MFCers and we took care of each other all day long. Seriously, I couldn’t have made it without them.

About an hour before Mika arrived on stage, all the fatigue gradually began to fade and excitement took its place, until finally the wait was over, he walked on stage and I forgot everything else.

The following hour and a half passed in a blink of an eye, so intense and full of strong emotions, from the adrenaline explosions in some pieces to the deep feeling in other ones.

I must say I didn’t like the duet with Chiara in TOOL. It’s one of my favourite songs and it was a shame to hear its meaning in some way subverted -in my opinion she singing it didn’t make much sense. Moreover, even though she has a good voice, she can’t hold the stage and her performance was very weak. Ok, I understand it might not be easy to sing those words right into his face, but still. I was expecting to hear this song so much. We were also hoping for new songs, oh well.:doh:

Beside that, the audience’s behaviour was very annoying. They screamed so loudly all the time that it was hard to hear quite often (also, the audio was a bit poor). And the fact they kept yelling histerically “I love you” and “You’re so handsome” really got on my nerves.

Nevertheless, I was simply grateful to finally attend a gig in person, so I didn’t pay too much attention to the rest. It was great to witness such a magical stage presence. He clearly belongs up there and it’s unbelievable how much he’s capable to give to his audience. He easily made us all madly joyful during one song and deeply moved during the following one.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve experienced so many strong feelings all at once. I moved from wonder, to excitement, to amusement to emotion (believe me, I never ever cry because of emotion… Now perhaps I should say criED).

24vsdia.gif

29lz3b6.gif

I have so many beautiful memories and I can’t stop re-watching the recording, because I’m wishful to relive them and I don’t want any of them to slip away. I’m not going to tell you about every intimate thought and feeling I had in every moment, I would be too embarrassed (that is more embarrassed than I am now) and nobody would care about them anyway. I’ll just report one of the most touching: closing my eyes and listening to Mika’s voice singing Underwater. I had shivers.:blush-anim-cl:

After the gig I was still in shock for a few days, overwhelmed by a strange feeling, a mixture of amazement and melancholy at the same time. I wanted to wait for the hangover to pass before writing something.

Someone wise told me it's like a drug: once you tried it, you're going to want some more and more. I suppose all I can do for now is to wait patiently.

I’m so happy to have met some wonderful people :)

Thank you girls (you know who you are :wink2:) for making me feel like I belonged, you truly are amazing.:huglove:

Until next time!

Edited by Log lady

how is it possible enjoying a gig with all those obstacles?

Yes, sometimes when the main gig starts i think "oh yeah, just one or two hours and all this chaos will finish!"

But sometimes the caohs become positive energy and you can see everybody happy, even people who immediatly before were arguing for space/position.

In Napoli during the last 3 or 4 songs the crowd was less full, space and air arrived around us.

Anyway i always thought that life of fans is hard!

If you want first row, not only to see well but especially not to have people in one side of yourself, you must spend hours like an homeless on the pavement.

If you want join the concert late you must manage people on four sides of yourself!

I wrote "caohs" in every possible way... i prefere italian word "caos" without H!

I think complaining is sort of funny now....sorry to say...because all difficulties and problems were very clear from the very first gig announcement.

No one could possibly foresee anything different.

Yes!

Alba has choosen the "worst" events on Italy.

A short signing session (only one hour) in the centre of Milan on saturday in the most "hot" level of popularity because the tv show and a free gig in a square!

We can suggest foreign people not arrive in Italy anymore, now that M is a tv star.

But we love so much when our international friends join us! :thumb_yello: