2014 - MIKA in Naples (Nutella's 50th Anniversary) 18 May -- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

Ok, last chapter and I'm done for good.

I suppose that, after this ordeal, the first who dares to ask for a report of mine will be shunned and kicked out immediately.

Fan graduating

tumblr_n5ons8XvYJ1qiuiebo1_1280.jpg

- I don't know if I can do this!

- You'll be fiiiine

- I'm really scared! I'm not ready!

- Are you sure the back up parachute works?

- No Clue

- Wait! Wha....

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

This sums pretty much up all this huge 5 chapters report of mine.

I probably wouldn't have ever gone to Mika gig in Naples, if I stopped wonder about my backpack parachute as I used to do. But sometimes you just need someone who pushes you out of that plane door.

I had a kind of little crowd pushing my back in these last months. It's called MFC and some of its users, I now call them friends. I'm still amazed by them thinking of me on sunday, I wouldn't ever see it coming. I sometimes wonder how much of me clinging to Mika is about him and how much is about enjoying these relationships. No one but them would ever have known, without need to claim it, how much this gig was a huge step for me. But they knew, and they were there to let me know that they did understand and they did support me. Every one in his own peculiar, really different way, which makes them unique.

Just to be clear, of course I didn't pick up a random singer just to look for friends. I did sign on MFC cause I deeply admire Mika. You don't stand 14 hours clinging on a barrier just to see a random singer and you don't spend 25 hours in writing a report because the experience was so worthy and overwhelming that you need to fix it in your memory forever. Friends came as a side effect, but now I wonder how much I would miss them if they suddenly decided to dump me. It may seems a weird unit of measurement, but it works for me. You don't know what you got till it's gone.

Among the MFC crowd on that plane, here he is, my husband. He never fails to support me, he endures hours of Mika music even when he has to drive for hours, he even knows the songs and some trivials and if it was up to him, I would have gone to X Factor castings in Turin and bought tickets for Montreal gigs. He may actually drive that plane. After the gig finished, he wrote to me that he found the Nutella streaming link and he watched the whole gig, Relax, Underwater, Rain, the clapping hands song, and that one which plays doomdadaridaridoom (ok, he doesn't know all the titles but if he knew them, there would be practically no difference between him and a fan XD ). He even encouraged me to spent all my evenings in doing all the things I need to do to find a closure. He knows me and he's aware I couldn't rest till I'm done with my quest.

I've been told that everyone of us has some slight traits which can be matched to personality disorders. Luckly they are totally normal when they stay under a common limit. Some of us are narcissistic, some are paranoid, some are dependent, some are schizoid, some dissocial and so on. Guess who belongs to OCD shades?

It's not like I collect animals like those crazy women on tv nor that I freak out if something unexpected happens. And I don't write endless lists nor I spent hours cleaning my place. I just like things to be planned in advance, I hate to waste my money, I may overthink quite a few and when I love something, I really do. My friends use to say I'm obsessed with English and French as well, as I prefer them to my own native language (not that I'm really good at it, but still...). Here's the thing with what I love: I really get passionately into it and I can spend a huge amount of time catching up with it, surfing through it, enjoying it at my best, till I feel I'm really, deeply done with it.

So now you can picture what an apocalypse my first Mika gig has been when it comes to writing reports and collecting pics, audio files, vids. Of course, I needed some pics for my blog and, since I don't like to steal pics from the internet, I chose to take some print screens from the gig video. I started to take a print shot here and there, oh, one over here as well, wait, can't miss this one. And this one, that one, oh, here's another one. Ok, done. Let's see if I have some good stuff for the blog. Mh.

102 print screens will do.

As I said, I may have spent more than 25 hours working on gathering memories, but of course, I will never admit it. Now you see what this week has been like to me, and why I need to write this final chapter. After having collected, written, dreamt about it for seven days, I need to seal this box and put it on my memory main shelf and go on with my daily life.

I'm pretty positive that I won't spend my future life summoning up every details of this adventure, but nonetheless something is changed in me. It's like I lived with a damper on my soul all my life long. Now he removed that stuff and I live out loud, with more energy, more intensity, more boldness.

During this crazy week end in Naples, I craved for tea. Tea is evil when it comes to queueing, so I denied it with all my stubborness, but as my butt rested on that seat next to the window on my coming back home flight (what a view! too bad that I wasn't able to take a pic of Naples coast, it was beautiful), I was totally determined to get a steward and ask him for earl grey tea. The tea sucked, but me and the nice paper cup made friends. It told me: get back to yourself. I was a bit on the edge with that. Who was my real self? The previous one, anxious, unsecure, pessimistic, or this new one, calmer, happier, more confident? I decided that myself is simply what I feel to be. And since I'm enjoying new me too much to let it go, I think I'll stick with the second profile, thanks. This epiphany costed me just 3 euros, who says that shrinks are expensive? Try and go for a paper tea cup on Easy Jet. I wonder if coffee or hot chocolate would do as well.

I stumbled yesterday on a post on MFC, a friend wrote to me: "things will get easier as time goes on. Pretty soon things like travelling on your own won't be out of your comfort zone." I don't think I'm already master level on that. I still could have some emotional troubles in leaving on my own for Katmandou in January without any friends to wait for me. Or for London in spring. Hey, things will get easier as time goes on, but only a few months are gone, ffs. But I'm pretty confident now in driving aroung, catching a plane and possibly even in riding a horse. An old one, please. I happen to ride a young male who used to do endurance competitions and we didn't get along very well as he kept insisting in breaking into gallop while I'm not willing to die in my thirties. I don't actually need some friends to travel with me anymore, now I enjoy them in doing it and, wow, I even am useful to the team. It's quite different than being a burden as I used to feel.

And, a way more important, I'm not turning down a chance just ouf of fear. Anxiety when things don't go according to plan, or simply when something out of ordinary is about to happen, is a feature of mine. It's much more easier just to deny them and stick with your daily life. But I'm getting used now to feel excited when a new adventure is starting, to enjoy the travel and meeting my friends, and definitely I'm getting used to feel happy, so I'll endure some unpleasant thrills. Which, by the way, don't occur that often anymore. I'm learning to let small details go, and not to try and overthink about every single random stuff. And I'm learning to react quick and adjust to surprises, 'cause the man is pretty generous when it comes to pop out of the blue.

I once saw a pic on twitter: keep calm and listen to Mika. Well, it does fit to me. I'm calmer and more confident even in my ordinary working and mundane life, which is awesome, I swear. Lately quite annoying news have apparently decided to hang out with me and keep me company for a while and they also keep to invite many of them over. They pop out suddenly out of the blue like Mika does. But hell, they can't beat mister P. in being unexpected. So, if I can handle him making me run to Milan, Naples, Bologna or wherever, I surely can handle them too. I just need an awesome husband, some friends and a bit of Mikaworld.

And, of course, a cup of tea.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real reason is the hair :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Finally someone who got it! :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

As for me I want to say that I enjoyed watching the gig on stream,the sound was very good,maybe because I couldn't hear too much the screams from the crowd.The only bad moment was at the beginning of Relax,when his mic was off,but he solved the problem in a second from his back pocket device :thumb_yello: I liked that version of Lollipop,it was cute imo,and I think it was also expected he'll perform the Italian version of TOOL,since this is the version from the Italian CD edition. And as Robertina said,everything else was pretty much expected and foreseeable :wink2:

I think the real reason is the hair :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Definitely that's it!

I am glad the newbies (and anyone else) enjoyed it. I am sure this gig was no "worse" than my first gig. It's just all about perspective and I really envy anyone experiencing this kind of excitement for the first (or even 10th!) time. I am much more interested in people's reports than I am in watching it myself. :naughty:

Well, then I bet you had a good laugh reading my naive report! Have fun :naughty:

Ok, last chapter and I'm done for good.

Thank you. SIC. :wink2:

Sylvie, it has been a pleasure to read your reports :flowers2:

Being a Mika fan does take you out of your comfort zone (especially for us oldies), but sometime it is good to shake up your life a bit.

When I look back at all the things I have done since I joined the MFC, I am quite amazed. And out of it has come some amazing experiences and some wonderful friends. You are just at the beginning of your Mika journey, who knows what is to come?

I hope you get to go to more gigs soon (hopefully at smaller venues with less people screaming :naughty:) and I look forward to reading your reports from them too :hug:

Edited by silver

....I know that I'm not adding anything new to the subject but here's my own report on Naples gig... :biggrin2:

Since I’m a “new” fan I never attended to a Mika’s gig and had no hopes to see him performing live in a very long time; so, as soon as I heard about the nutella event I started planning the trip to Naples. I couldn’t believe it was true: one of my favourite ...comfort food, a city that I never visited (but I was longing to) and Mika: all together in the same event!

I obviously involved my two nieces (”my girls”) who are huge Mika fans and my hubby (I call him like that, even though we’re not married 'cause I don’t know how to call the man I’m sharing my life with for the last 18 years) who’s not exactly a fan but he really likes Mika (and now, everytime I say "doom" he immediatly replies "dadarirari-doom".... will this mean something? :naughty: )

I was pretty scared by the thought of all the people that would have been there (especially considering that I was responsable for two underage girls) but nothing would have stopped me. Or the girls.

We hand-painted our own Mika tshirts (...this was the girls main concern :blink:) and headed to Naples :mika3:

We enjoyed Naples a lot! I absolutely loved the city, visited a few of the major touristic spots and ate the best pizza and sfogliatella ever! (...actually too many of them...) We met only nice people and had no problem at all. I will surley return there to see what I coulnd’t see this time (and to stuff on pizza & sfogliatelle :rolls_eyes:).

Back to the gig: we arrived to Piazza del Plebiscito not very early in the morning just to take a look around. I couldn’t recognize you but surely some of you were among the people I saw sitting on the ground.

I didn’t want to stop there so early because I thought I wouldn’t have survived until 9:30! (kudos to you who did :bow:) So we went shopping (and and ate pizza, sfogliatelle...) and got back at 6. The crowd wasn’t too close and we could easily reach a decent position a bit on the right side of the square where, at least, we could see the big screen very well.

We had to fight every now and then with people trying to walk on over our heads but we managed to survive. Those were very long 3 and a half hours.

When finally Mika got on the stage I was really excited and the joy on my girls’ faces made me even happier. They danced and sang all the time ...I tried too but I was quite concerned in keeping my balance because everytime I tried to lift one foot I wasn't sure to find a spot to put it down again.

Anyway I enjoyed the gig very much: I knew it would have been uncomfortable, over crowded and ...pretty painful for my legs and feet but I was prepared.

Ok it wasn’t a full show, ok maybe Mika wasn’t at his best and I understand that older fans found it boring since there was nothing new to them but to me everything was new (...kind of...) and I shared it with two equally enthusiastic girls attending their first gig ever. Plus it was probably the last time he performed the “old” show so I feel lucky I had the chance to see it live.

My favourite moments were Love Today and Underwater and every word Mika said between a song and the other. I love to hear him talking, love his voice and, when he speaks italian, I like the way he builds phrases and the words he uses. I have a thing with voices... I fall in love with voices. I often forget people’s faces but not their voices. Could it be I'm a little... :loco:

As for the songs translated in italian I take them as a sort of “homage” by Mika to italian fans, and I really appreciated the effort.

I think Lollipop was pretty nice (even hubby got to sing it!) and I agree with many of you who think that Origin of love lost its meaning in the translation and sung in duet but ...( :tears: don’t hit me) I don’t particularly like that song anyway, so.... I’m just glad that Mika thought we were worth the time he took to make that version.

As I got home I downloaded the gig and watched it again, sitting very comfortably on my couch and felt like I was there :wub2: (but without aching legs and feet).

Now I can’t wait for the next one.

*sigh*

Thanks everyone for your reports :huglove::flowers2::group_hug:

That's wonderful to read you :biggrin2: and Log Lady too :wub2:

Sylvie you made me :swoon:

First times rock :wub2:

Thanks for sharing :wub2:

I'm so glad I'm part of the MFC family and have you all my lovely Mika friends :biggrin2::group_hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Finally I've had time to read it ALL - it was A LOT!!!

Thanks a million to everyone, for all the reports - interesting, beautiful with pics added, lovely, touching - one better than the other!! You're all amazing persons, sharing sooo much, from such an important and demanding day - I'm really proud of you all, and I do hope I'll meet you at a MIKA gig, in the near future ...

Love,love

me

Finally I've had time to read it ALL - it was A LOT!!!

Thanks a million to everyone, for all the reports - interesting, beautiful with pics added, lovely, touching - one better than the other!! You're all amazing persons, sharing sooo much, from such an important and demanding day - I'm really proud of you all, and I do hope I'll meet you at a MIKA gig, in the near future ...

Love,love

me

I hope too that we can meet soon :huglove:

• 3 weeks later...
Can't help it, seeing a Nutella jar at my weekend brunch table will never be like it was before Napoli. It makes me think of this gig and Mika, every single time :wub2:

So many memories! :wub2: Good thing I am always alone at home when eating Nutella. I must have the weirdest expression on my face when I do it, people would be creeped out and say "Why on Earth are you giggling over a Nutella jar?" :naughty:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Could anyone please tell me what he says when he sings lollipop in italian? I am learning it and I can't understand what he says... it seems like fun :D

Troppe caramelle ti fanno male, l'amore ti deluderà... :thumb_yello:

Could anyone please tell me what he says when he sings lollipop in italian? I am learning it and I can't understand what he says... it seems like fun :D

Troppe caramelle ti fanno male, l'amore ti deluderà... :thumb_yello:

Here's the whole line:

"La mia mamma me lo ha detto: stai attento a chi porti a letto, la bella vita non durerà, perché l'amore ti deluderà. Guarda quella ragazza là, fa la furba e ti stuferà. Dio la ama, ma lei vuole di più! A soffrirne sarai tu! Troppe caramelle ti fanno male e l'amore ti deluderà!"

:wink2:

(If you want some more italian transcriptions, check on this link. We use to do italian subtitles especially for whoever wants to learn it http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30632)

Edited by Elwendin

Here's the whole line:

"La mia mamma me lo ha detto: stai attento a chi porti a letto, la bella vita non durerà, perché l'amore ti deluderà. Guarda quella ragazza là, fa la furba e ti stuferà. Dio la ama, ma lei vuole di più! A soffrirne sarai tu! Troppe caramelle ti fanno male e l'amore ti deluderà!"

:wink2:

Ah, of course! :doh::naughty::original:

Here's the whole line:

Thank you both!:mikalove:

By the way, forgot to upload this before. "Stardust" audio:

The crowd singing along at the beginning is so beautiful... :blush-anim-cl: And people scream like mad when Chiara comes on stage! :shocked::sweatdrop::aah:

Yep, we sang really good :naughty: No comment about Chiara on stage :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks, Laura! :flowers2:

Yep, we sang really good :naughty: No comment about Chiara on stage :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks, Laura! :flowers2:

I have to say that I was expecting some kind of Chiara appeareance in a Mika gig in Italy. I want to be tolerant :mf_rosetinted: Stardust was good, Lollipop was fun (just for an Italian gig, I mean :wink2: ) but please, don't touch Origin of Love!! :sneaky2: I don't like Italian version of Origin chorus even without Chiara though :mikacool: