Mika and Dario Fo on "Francesco. Lo Santo Jullare" - RAI1 (Italian TV) 22nd June 2014

Lucrezia

It is possible to watch it from outside of Italy?

I don't know, I'm watching it through my TV box, Rai 1 is one of the channel we get with Freebox in France.

Hope you'll find a link to watch it tonight :huglove:

I don't know, I'm watching it through my TV box, Rai 1 is one of the channel we get with Freebox in France.

Hope you'll find a link to watch it tonight :huglove:

Thanks,Melanie :huglove: Well,if not,I'm sure we'll get a recording of the show as soon as possible :thumb_yello:

Don't be sorry,Lucrezia,you did already enough :huglove:

For some of those links it ask me to install FLV video player,dunno what to do.....maybe it's better to wait for the recording :thumb_yello:

He'll come back later. But I don't think it will be huge, just a snippet.

I'm waiting for the giant dialog which is due for tomorrow. If it's interesting like those five minutes, I'll enjoy it a lot. It's kind of sitting there peeping their chat.

21.25 Si inizia in perfetto orario con Mika e Dario Fo nella sala ancora vuota. Prima domanda di Fo a Mika sulla mamma: cos'è per lui. E si entra nel racconto dell'infanzia di Mika, cacciato da una scuola francese a Londra. Lo consiglia sui vestiti.

013_DarioFo_Francesco.jpg

21.26 E intanto entra il pubblico, mentre Mika racconta di essere sempre in guerra con la mamma, molto meno rigida di lei, più libanese che tedesca. Uno scambio di ricordi sulle mamme. Fo ricorda di come la mamma contadina abbia studiato latino e l'abbia insegnato a lui e al fratello.

21.29 Dal latino, imparato anche da Mika ("Per questo ho potuto imparare l'italiano in due mesi"), si passa alle canzoni di chiesa: entrambi hanno fatto parte di cori, gregoriani o ambrosiani. La Chiesa si avvicina....

21.29 Ed entriamo in argomento San Francesco. "Era un anarchico, un enfant terrible, come te" dice Mika. E inizia lo spettacolo.

http://www.tvblog.it/post/604741/francesco-lu-santo-jullare-22-giugno-2014-diretta-dario-fo-rai1

Translation

21.25 The show starts right on time with Mika and Dario Fo in the hall still empty. First question of Fo to Mika about his mom: what she is for him. And here's a short story of Mika's childhood, thrown out by a French school in London. She gives him some advices on clothes.

013_DarioFo_Francesco.jpg

21.26 And meanwhile the public goes in, Mika says that he always fights with his mother, much less rigid than him, most Lebanese than German. An exchange of memories about moms. Fo remembers how his mother, peasant, has studied Latin and she has taught it to him and his brother.

21.29 From the Latin, also learned from Mika ("For this I was able to learn Italian in two months"), it goes to the songs of the church: they both have been part of choirs, Gregorian or Ambrosian. The Church approaches ....

21.29 And we enter into the topic "San Francisco".

"He was an anarchist, an enfant terrible, like you," says Mika. And the show begins.

http://www.tvblog.it/post/604741/francesco-lu-santo-jullare-22-giugno-2014-diretta-dario-fo-rai1

Here's the site of the program on Rai1.tv

http://www.rai1.rai.it/dl/PortaliRai/Programmi/PublishingBlock-fa20f228-6cc5-4eaf-9815-fbabebb8a228.html?ContentItem-e4e5f5be-04db-493f-9269-6492a34dfcd1

It's possible that they'll upload the entire show there :wink2:

There's a slideshow there now, was that there earlier? We have to continue to hope for the show! :crossed:

I'm happy to have dodged this one. I didn't watch it as Mika had nothing to do with it and apparently it was though to understand even for a native speaker.

But I'm waiting for the dialog, that should be interesting.

I wonder why they did this. It seems some sort of attempt to catch more audience for both of them. Which is fine, it's a win-win.

Not sure if Rai payed him for this. I mean, I wouldn't pay someone just to be able to upload a chat on my site. At least I wouldn't pay that much.

As mika happened to be in naples for the gig, maybe they just kind of improvised this thing, for both of them advantage. I actually don't mind, I'm just messing around cause I can't sleep :aah: I'm just glad they did it, anyway.

Edited by Elwendin

I watched it all cause I used to love Fo's monologues a lot when I was younger, and he never let me down. I enjoyed this performance too, and discovered it had little to do with the actual Pope, which was a nice surprise :naughty:

Mika and Giulio Mazzoleni were seated in front row and caught on camera from time to time. Mika was always focused on Fo' s speech and seemed to enjoy a lot.

Don't know how much he could grasp of the language though, as Fo performs in a sort of old Italian :aah:

The full show is here :wink2: without the introduction with Mika, though. Probably their whole dialog will be uploaded too, later. http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-6dcf545d-6d8e-47f2-a55e-6d8c632ea602.html

Thank you so much LogLady :huglove:

There's a slideshow there now, was that there earlier? We have to continue to hope for the show! :crossed:

They're uploading the site... so here are the archive with all the videos and photos about the show:

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/page/Page-b55a4aae-675a-4480-bbdc-5d8741496f10.html?set=ContentSet-3df72c2e-0f8c-47b3-a07e-6d6c468ff554&type=V

Now we have to wait that they'll put online the chat with Mika