2. http://www.radioscoop.com/media/aud/201970.mp3
  3. http://www.radioscoop.com/media/aud/201971.mp3

Clyp https://clyp.it/k05n14ul

D/L MP3 https://clyp.it/k05n14ul.mp3?download=1

Instagram

https://instagram.com/p/8T_krdFzod/

12081279_101577006866510_195325731_n.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/8VyNG6lzhc/

Video at the backstage of Amphithéâtre Lyon.

MP4 : https://igcdn-videos-g-1-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t50.2886-16/12123462_456268744564761_880579725_n.mp4

:uk:Translation by crazyaboutmika

Mika: Hi Eva, I'm here with your friend Lisa

Girl: Can you send her kisses maybe?

Mika: She's sending you kisses

Girl: No, you send her kisses

Mika: I send you kisses

Very proud to share Radio Scoop interview subtitled in English :biggrin2:

Credits go to Elwendin, Der Moment and Crazyaboutmika 

:uk: Translation by crazyaboutmika

In English:

Mika:This theater the amphithéatre de Lyon is a top quality place so the sound is perfect. Normally in an arena the sound is a disaster. But in a perfect theater as here I can remove my earpieces because I can hear perfectly even without my earpieces.

So I asked Mika if this is what allowed him to do such a special show last night in Lyon.

Mika: This public tonight was great but it was also extremely demanding . It was really a concert and people were watching all the details closely. And what was really interesting is that at the end of a song boom it exploded and when I started the next song the public was so focused intensely which means I really had to improvise and be totally in the moment. I had to change the setlist entirely . I kind of threw everything up in the air and I decided to make a very musical ahow and it went well and it worked..

That was so great! What a huge gift Mika gave last night to Lyon audience! So I asked Mika what he thinks about Lyon.

Mika:I did lots of concerts here in Lyon. I did lots of festivals. It's such an elegant city in its architecture, in its feeling, in its light, it is a very noble town. Actually I was here only two weeks ago. I was in a shooting in a private TGV . We stopped in Lyon and it was a secret. No one knew about it. The police was a bit everywhere. It was cool! It was a new commercial for the TGV. It was shot with a huge production.We'll be able to watch that new commercial soon.

So I asked Mika about his projects.His album No Place in Heaven will be reissued on November 6th. I have asked him to talk about this album.

Mika: I wrote this album with my piano, and not too electronic with lots of joy and lots of color but built with things which are rather human and acoustic which means it gets into the heart much easily. When things are a bit truer and more acoustic one can create an emotional link more easily. It's like a show , it's like tonight, when props and staging and the set are all handmade it gets into hearts and provokes emotions more easily.

How beautiful! And on this album there will be a second CD, all of Mika's hits with a symphonic orchestra.

Mika:It's a double package with my album No Place in Heaven which is my fourth album. This album is one of the best things I have ever done in my life and all my career. It was an absolutely crazy experience.

So I asked him what we would find in this album.

Mika: there will be songs from all fourth albums. There will be Grace Kelly, Relax, Elle Me Dit, Boum boum boum, Rain, many many things but when you hear those songs with 120 musicians , totally live, nothing has been reworked, with the original voices, I can't tell you, it's my future , I have the feeling that I know what I'm going to do ten years from now.

So Mika here on radio Scoop is telling us that his career will certainly become more symphonic or maybe even lyrical in the coming years and whatsmore there will be a DVD coming out soon.

Mika:There will be a DVD we will ahoot in Como, very close to George Clooney's house.

Because it costs a lot of money to have a symphonic orchestra. There are 120 musicians on stage. That's not something you do for money actually it's the opposite ; you have to pay to do it almost because it is a huge honor when she told me to call them and I asked: "Do you know someone there? " and she said:"No, but I'll use the yellow pages." And she called them just like that. They asked to meet me the following week , they said yes to me and now it is an album which will be released worldwide, from Japan, Korea, France, to the United States...

So I asked Mika if there was a recipe to make a symphonic music.

Mika: When you take classical music and you try to make it pop, it's too, it's too heavy. There is a way to do that makes it fly because pop music and rock music must fly like a gun shot. It must go boom, it must go!

I got a chance to hear Boum Boum in its symphonic version and Mika's interpretation reminded me of the greatest such as Jacques Brel so I told him.

Mika: Boum Boum really started a debate so when you tell me it reminds you a bit about Jacques Brel in its symphonic version, it means that finally I founs the right production.

No Place in Heaven will be reissued including the symphonic CD on November 6th. Now for the very first time a little part of Underwater symphonic version.

Mika: Someone once called me to ask me if I wanted to sing a duet with a young girl. I said: "Why?" and they said: "You'll see , you're going to meet her and you will love her. She's in a TV show for Nickelodeon." (two years prior to the duet) So we met on Skype and we recorded the song on Skype. I called the record company and I told them: You found a new star. She will be a big one. Now there are 2 million views on youtube. And she was of course Adriana Grande. So in fact the most beautiful duets and which can be very successful are often the most unexpected duos.

As in life.

Mika: Yes as in life, once again it's this ideas of opening doors...

As Mika and I were together in his dressing room I asked him if he had any rituals before and after the concert, little habits.

Mika: I boil water to get steam because it helps. I eat nuts and bananas because that give me strenght without , because I become very weak after I eat..I only eat after the concert. I have my dogs . I have my dogs and they are the ones who make me human. She's outside right now and when she will be back in , she's like a storm.

Amira! You' ll see the storm is here.
The monster! She is seven months old and she is a monster

Edited by Kumazzz
adding the translation
  • Like 3

In English:

This theater the amphithéatre de Lyon is a top quality place so the sound is perfect. Normally in an arena the sound is a disaster. But in a perfect theater as here I can remove my earpieces because I can hear perfectly even without my earpieces.

So I asked Mika if this is what allowed him to do such a special show last night in Lyon.

Mika: This public tonight was great but it was also extremely demanding . It was really a concert and people were watching all the details closely. And what was really interesting is that at the end of a song boom it exploded and when I started the next song the public was so focused intensely which means I really had to improvise and be totally in the moment. I had to change the setlist entirely . I kind of threw everything up in the air and I decided to make a very musical ahow and it went well and it worked..

That was so great! What a huge gift Mika gave last night to Lyon audience! So I asked Mika what he thinks about Lyon.

I did lots of concerts here in Lyon. I did lots of festivals. It's such an elegant city in its architecture, in its feeling, in its light, it is a very noble town. Actually I was here only two weeks ago. I was in a shooting in a private TGV . We stopped in Lyon and it was a secret. No one knew about it. The police was a bit everywhere. It was cool! It was a new commercial for the TGV. It was shot with a huge production.We'll be able to watch that new commercial soon.So I asked Mika about his projects.His album No Place in Heaven will be reissued on November 6th. I have asked him to talk about this album.

Mika: I wrote this album with my piano, and not too electronic with lots of joy and lots of color but built with things which are rather human and acoustic which means it gets into the heart much easily. When things are a bit truer and more acoustic one can create an emotional link more easily. It's like a show , it's like tonight, when props and staging and the set are all handmade it gets into hearts and provokes emotions more easily.

How beautiful! And on this album there will be a second CD, all of Mika's hits with a symphonic orchestra. It's a double package with my album No Place in Heaven which is my fourth album. This album is one of the best things I have ever done in my life and all my career. It was an absolutely crazy experience.

Mika: there will be songs from all fourth albums. There will be Grace Kelly, Relax, Elle Me Dit, Boum boum boum, Rain, many many things but when you hear those songs with 120 musicians , totally live, nothing has been reworked, with the original voices, I can't tell you, it's my future , I have the feeling that I know what I'm going to do ten years from now.

So Mika here on radio Scoop is telling us that his career will certainly become more symphonic or maybe even lyrical in the coming years and whatsmore there will be a DVD coming out soon.

Mika: There will be a DVD we will ahoot in Como, very close to George Clooney's house.

Because it costs a lot of money to have a symphonic orchestra. There are 120 musicians on stage. That's not something you do for money actually it's the opposite ; you have to pay to do it almost because it is a huge honor when she told me to call them and I asked: "Do you know someone there? " and she said:"No, but I'll use the yellow pages." And she called them just like that. They asked to meet me the following week , they said yes to me and now it is an album which will be released worldwide, from Japan, Korea, France, to the United States...

Mika: When you take classical music and you try to make it pop, it's too, it's too heavy. There is a way to do that makes it fly because pop music and rock music must fly like a gun shot. It must go boom, it must go!

I got a chance to hear Boum Boum in its synphonic version and Mika's interpretation reminded me of the greatest such as Jacques Brel so I told him.

Mika: Boum Boum really started a debate so when you tell me it reminds you a bit about Jacques Brel in its symphonic version, it means that finally I found the right production.

No Place in Heaven will be reissued including the symphonic CD on November 6th. Now for the very first time a little part of Underwater symphonic version.

Mika: Someone once called me to ask me if I wanted to sing a duet with a young girl. I said: "Why?" and they said: "You'll see , you're going to meet her and you will love her. She's in a TV show for Nickolodeon." (two years prior to the duet) So we met on Skype and we recorded the song on Skype. I called the record company and I told them: You found a new star. She will be a big one. Now there are 2 million views on youtube. And she was of course Adriana Grande. So in fact the most beautiful duets and which can be very successful are often the most unexpected duos.

As in life.

As Mika and I were together in his dressing room I asked him if he had any rituals before and after the concert, little habits.

Mika: I boil water to get steam because it helps. I eat nuts and bananas because that give me strenght without , because I become very weak after I eat..I only eat after the concert. I have my dogs . I have my dogs and they are the ones who make me human. She's outside right now and when she will be back in , she's like a storm. Amira! You' ll see the storm is here.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 7

In English:

This theater the amphithéatre de Lyon is a top quality place so the sound is perfect. Normally in an arena the sound is a disaster. But in a perfect theater as here I can remove my earpieces because I can hear perfectly even without my earpieces.

I did lots of concerts here in Lyon. I did lots of festivals. It's such an elegant city in its architecture, in its feeling, in its light, it is a very noble town. Actually I was here only two weeks ago. I was in a shooting in a private TGV . We stopped in Lyon and it was a secret. No one knew about it. The police was a bit everywhere. It was cool! It was a new commercial for the TGV. It was shot with a huge production.We'll be able to watch that new commercial soon.So I asked Mika about his projects.His album No Place in Heaven will be reissued on November 6th. I have asked him to talk about this album.

How beautiful! And on this album there will be a second CD, all of Mika's hits with a symphonic orchestra. It's a double package with my album No Place in Heaven which is my fourth album. This album is one of the best things I have ever done in my life and all my career. It was an absolutely crazy experience.

Mika: There will be a DVD we will ahoot in Como, very close to George Clooney's house.

Mika: When you take classical music and you try to make it pop, it's too, it's too heavy.a There is a way to do that makes it fly because pop music and rock music must fly like a gun shot. It must go boom, it must go!

I got a chance to hear Boum Boum in its synphonic version and Mika's interpretation reminded me of the greatest such as Jacques Brel so I told him.

Mika: Boum Boum really started a debate so when you tell me it reminds you a bit about Jacques Brel in its symphonic version, it means that finally I founs the right production.

Mika: Someone once called me to ask me if I wanted to sing a duet with a young girl. I said: "Why?" and they said: "You'll see , you're going to meet her and you will love her. She's in a TV show for Nickolodeon." (two years prior to the duet) So we met on Skype and we recorded the song on Skype. I called the record company and I told them: You found a new star. She will be a big one. Now there are 2 million views on youtube. And she was of course Adriana Grande. So in fact the most beautiful duets and which can be very successful are often the most unexpected duos.

As in life.

Mika: I boil water to get steam because it helps. I eat nuts and bananas because that give me strenght without , because I become very weak after I eat..I only eat after the concert. I have my dogs . I have my dogs and they are the ones who make me human. She's outside right now and when she will be back in , she's like a storm. Amira! You' ll see the storm is here.

Thank you very much Marina, Eriko and Anne!!  :flowers2:

• Like 2

Thank you very much Marina, Eriko and Anne!!  :flowers2:

:thumb_yello: YES, thanks a LOT from me too, lovely ladies - for making this available! :hug:  I'm so happy to see that MIKA can see himself working with symphonic orchestra in the future!!  :yes:  I really hope it will happens, cause his wonderful music is perfect with this "wall of sound"  :fisch: And also the news about a DVD from Como sounds fantastic!!  :teehee: It was a real pity that this wasn't made in Montreal - but I'm sure that the coming event will be amazing!  The only sad thing here, is that so few MFCers have got tics ... :( But for the lucky ones - you really have something fab. to look forward to!!  :hug:

Love,love

me

• Like 1

In English:

As in life.

A few things I'm glad about.

I'm glad the cd with the orchestra is a worldwide release.

I'm really thrilled about the DVD and want to hear more about it.

I'm very happy that Mika is thinking of going down the classical symphonic route as he is not going to get anywhere in the UK now, as a popstar. Pop music has moved on and there are many new stars doing very well for themselves. But if Mika can find his niche, with his classical training and his ability to create a true spectacle with an orchestra (which most of the new popstars couldn't do in a million years) then he could find a way back as a true musician. It would be a career that would last much longer than the careers of a lot of the newer popstars.

But Mika does need to plan to do something in the UK, very soon.

• Like 5

le Populaire

http://www.lepopulaire.fr/limousin/actualite/2015/10/06/rencontre-avec-mika-en-concert-au-zenith-de-limoges-le-13-octobre_11611884.html

06/10/15 - 12h07

Rencontre avec Mika, en concert au Zénith de Limoges le 13 octobre

Mika sera le 13 octobre au Zénith de Limoges. Avant de partir en tournée, il nous a accordé une interview. Il évoque son spectacle et parle aussi des migrants.

translation by google

Meeting with Mika in concert at Zenith Limoges October 13

Mika will be Oct. 13 at the Zenith in Limoges. Before going on tour, he gave us an interview. He talks about his show and also speaks of migrants.

Quelle est la forme du spectacle qui sera présenté à Limoges ?

Je voulais quelque chose de beau, de spectaculaire. Mais je me suis imposé une certaine limite. Je ne veux ni écran LED, ni projection vidéo. Je souhaite faire un show basé essentiellement sur la musique, mais en utilisant des techniques très anciennes.

What is the form of the show that will be presented in Limoges?

I wanted something beautiful, spectacular. But I have imposed upon myself a certain limit. I will neither LED screen or video projection. I want to do a show based mainly on music, but using ancient techniques.

Moderne et traditionnel en quelque sorte ? 

Exactement. Le spectacle s'appelle Heaven. Paradis en anglais. Je me retrouve avec une caravane des années quatre-vingt, dans le style de celle de Breaking Bad, en plus jolie. Petit à petit elle se transforme en un théâtre imaginaire. On évolue entre le rêve et le cauchemar, entre le paradis et l'enfer. Nous ne sommes que six sur scène, mais le projet est ambitieux.

Modern and traditional in some way?

Exactly. The show is called Heaven. Paradise in English. I end up with a caravan of the eighties, in the style of that of Breaking Bad, and more pretty. Gradually it turns into an imaginary theater. One evolves between dream and nightmare, between heaven and hell. We are only six on stage, but the project is ambitious.

Avez-vous dessiné les décors ?

Oui. Dans ma cuisine avec la complicité des studios Job, qui sont connus dans le milieu du design. Puis, grâce à une fan sur Twitter, j'ai rencontré une troupe de théâtre de rue installée à Bologne. Ils m'ont aidé à fabriquer le show.

Do you draw the sets?

Yes I do. In my kitchen with the complicity of Job studios, which are known in the design community. Then, thanks to a fan on Twitter, I met a street theater company based in Bologna. They helped me to make the show.

Votre présence dans l'émission The Voice ne vous a-t-elle pas éloigné de la scène ?

Je n'ai jamais arrêté de faire des concerts. Je jouais dans des salles plus petites. L'habillage était certes plus modeste. Mais je n'ai jamais arrêté de chanter, notamment en Asie et aux États-Unis. Mais là, je me consacre uniquement à la tournée.

Your presence on the show The Voice did not you away from the scene?

I never stopped doing concerts. I was playing in smaller venues. The buildup was certainly more modest. But I never stopped singing, especially in Asia and the United States. But then, I devote myself solely to the tour.

Vous avez été le premier à repérer dans The Voice Kendji Girac. Qu'est-ce qui vous a plu chez cet artiste ?

Ce mix entre le choix de la chanson Bella de Maître Gimms, sa voix très pure, et la façon dont il s'est approprié ce titre. J'étais très curieux de me retourner car, musicalement, son interprétation me parlait.

You were the first to spot in The Voice kendji girac. What did you like in this artist?

This mix between the choice of the song Bella de Maître Gimms
Kendji Girac | "Bella" de Maitre Gims (cover)

, his very pure voice and the way he has appropriated the title. I was very curious to turn around because musically, his interpretation was talking to me.

Vous restez attentif à l'évolution de sa carrière ?

Oui ! Je sais qu'il prépare un nouvel album. Il n'arrête pas. Et son succès est largement mérité.

You remain attentive to the evolution of his career?

Yes ! I know that preparing a new album. It does not stop. And its success is well deserved.

Jusqu'à présent vous étiez discret sur votre vie privée. Mais depuis quelque temps vous n'êtes pas avare de confidences. Est-ce un besoin pour vous de vous dévoiler ?

Il faut se dévoiler, se montrer généreux, ne pas avoir peur, dans le contexte d'une émission, de dire des choses tout en restant discret. C'est une manière pour moi d'être à l'aise, de me libérer pour mieux me concentrer sur l'essentiel : la musique.

Until now you were discreet about your privacy. But for some time you are not short on confidence. Is it a need for you to reveal?

We must disclose, be generous, do not be afraid, in the context of a program, saying things while remaining discreet. It is a way for me to be comfortable, to release me to better focus on the essential: the music.

Lorsque vous avez révélé votre homosexualité, les réactions familiales ont-elles été violentes comme l'ont dit certains magazines ? 

Pas violentes ! Nous nous respectons trop pour ça. Il y a beaucoup d'humanité dans nos relations. Mais ils ont pris le temps.

When you have set your homosexuality, the reactions of family were they violent as some people have said magazines?

Not violent! We respect each other too much for that. There's a lot of humanity in our relationships. But they took the time.

La première guerre du golfe a fait du mal à votre famille… 

Oui. La guerre détruit tout, même les familles.

The first Gulf War has harmed your family ...

Yes. War destroys everything, even families.

Vous qui avez fui le Liban à cause de la guerre du golfe, quel regard portez-vous sur les réfugiés ?

Ce problème dure depuis des années. Ce ne sont pas des migrants économiques mais des gens qui cherchent ailleurs la vie qui a été détruite chez eux. Ils veulent être protégés. Ils ont tout perdu. Il faut les aider. Je vis à Londres et je trouve que la Grande-Bretagne ne fait pas assez.

You who have fled Lebanon because of the Gulf War, what is your view on refugees?

This problem lasts for years. They are not economic migrants but also people seeking life that was destroyed home. They want to be protected. They lost everything. They need help. I live in London and I think Great-Britain is not doing enough.

Edited by Kumazzz
typo
  • Like 2

Les invités France Bleu Sud Lorraine

L'invité de 7h45 : Mika

http://media.radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/14538-06.10.2015-ITEMA_20811761-0.mp3

clyp https://clyp.it/hk5oank5

clyp DOWNLOAD https://clyp.it/hk5oank5.mp3?download=1

Thanks a lot MikaWebsite[.Com!]

http://www.mikawebsite.com/audio-mika-en-interview-sur-la-radio-france-bleu/

Edited by Kumazzz
adding clyp links
  • Like 3

Quest France

http://www.ouest-france.fr/mika-au-vendespace-ce-soir-musicalement-je-veux-tout-bouffer-3764692

:france: Original

Mika au Vendéspace ce soir. "Musicalement, je veux tout bouffer"

Le chanteur anglo-libanais, adulé en France, est au Vendéspace ce soir. Il ouvre son cœur et son iPod pour parler des chansons de sa vie.

Entretien

Mika, quelle est la chanson qui vous rend joyeux ?

My baby just cares for me, de Nina Simone. Son rythme est si subtil. Nina Simone est une artiste fascinante. Elle était un peu punk, mais pour décrocher des bourses afin de pouvoir étudier, elle a dû s’astreindre à une certaine discipline. On sent parfaitement dans sa musique ce mélange de classicisme, de liberté et de rébellion. Cette chanson en est la parfaite illustration. Derrière des accords plutôt simples, il y a une force dans le rythme et dans les paroles qui me met en joie chaque fois que je l’entends.

La chanson qui vous rend triste ?

Lilac wine, de Jeff Buckley. Il l’a enregistrée en une seule prise, telle qu’elle lui est venue. C’est un moment d’une pureté immense. Comme si l’on avait une bouteille magique et que l’on pouvait enfermer à l’intérieur un parfum sublime. Cette chanson est d’une beauté époustouflante.

La chanson d’amour que vous chanteriez à une personne que vous voulez séduire ?

Pour cela, il faudrait que je sois vraiment ivre, car ce n’est pas du tout mon genre (rires). Pour moi, la plus belle chanson d’amour, c’est La Javanaise de Gainsbourg. Je dis toujours que c’est une « berceuse d’amour », une berceuse adressée à une femme. Il y a dans les chansons de Gainsbourg un mélange de beauté, de violence et de séduction qui suscite en moi beaucoup d’émotion.

La chanson qui vous agace ?

We are the champions. Attention ! Je suis un grand fan de Queen. Mais je n’en peux plus d’entendre cette chanson dans les stades ou pour fêter un événement sportif. C’est lourd et hors contexte. Mais quand je l’entends chantée par Freddie Mercury en concert, je l’adore.

La chanson qui vous met des fourmis dans les jambes ?

Friday I’m in love de Cure. Une vraie chanson de discothèque. C’est l’indie-pop que j’écoutais en boucle dans les années 2000, avec mes baskets montantes, mon jean pas lavé, en buvant de la bière tiède.

La chanson que vous auriez rêvé d’écrire ?

Toutes !!! Je suis gourmand et obsessif. Musicalement, je veux tout bouffer et je suis jaloux de tout. Ce qui m’intéresse dans mon métier, c’est de partir d’un petit rien du tout, d’un fragment d’inspiration et de mettre en place un process qui va aboutir à un morceau. Alors dès que j’entends une chanson qui me plaît, je rage de ne pas y avoir été associé. Vous allez rire, mais parfois, ça me fait vraiment souffrir. C’est cruel !

La chanson de Mika que vous préférez ?

(Longue réflexion). Je dirais Origin of love. Ce n’est pas un tube, mais quand je l’entends, j’ai l’impression qu’elle transmet quelque chose. Je suis très fier du texte que j’ai écrit. C’est une chanson que j’adore jouer sur scène et qui varie souvent d’un concert à l’autre. Je ne veux pas que mes spectacles soient répétitifs, alors je me donne la liberté de transformer les morceaux.

:uk: translation by crazyaboutmika

Mika is at  Vendéspace tonight. "Musically, I want it all!" The British Lebanese singer, adored in France, is at Vendéspace tonight .
He opens his heart and his  iPod to tell us about the songs of his life.

Interview

Mika,  what is the song that makes you happy?

My baby just cares for me, by Nina Simone. Its rhythm is so refined . Nina Simone is a fascinating  artist . She was a bit punk, but in order to get  student scholarships to be able to  study, she had to subject to a certain discipline.  That's something one feels in a perfect way in her music, this mix of classicism, freedom et de rebellion. That particular song is a perfect illustration of it.  Hidden behind rather simple chords , there's a strength in the rythm and in the lyrics that makes me joyful each time I hear it.

What is the song that makes you sad ?

Lilac wine, by Jeff Buckley. He recorded it in one single take, just as it came to him . It's  a  an extremely pure moment . As if you had a magic bottle and that you could keep a sublime perfume inside it. This song is  has an mind blowing beauty.

Which love song would you sing to someone you want to seduce ?

But for that, I'd have to be totally drunk, because it's not like me at all (laughs). For me , the most beautiful love song is La Javanaise de Gainsbourg. I always say that it is a « love lulluby», a lulluby to a woman. In Gainsbourg 's songs there's a mix of beauty, violence and séduction that provokes in me a lot of emotion.

The song that makes you nervous?

We are the champions. Don't get me wrong ! I'm a big fan of Queen. But I can't stand hearing it in the stadiums or to celebrate a sports event.  It's tedious and out of context.  But when I hear it sang by Freddie Mercury at a  concert, I love it.

A song that makes you want to get up and dance?

Friday I’m in love by Cure. A true disco song . That was the indie-pop I used to listen to on repeat around 2000 , wearing my high-top sneakers , dirty jeans, while drinking lukewarm beer.

The song you would have dreamt to write ?

All of them !!!  I'm hungry and obsessive. When it comes to music, I want it all and I'm jalous of everything . What I'm interested in in my job, is to go from a little bit of nothing ,a tiny bit of inspiration, and to start a  process that will lead to a song. So as soon as I hear a song I like, I get angry because I 'm not associated with it. You might laugh at me but sometimes , I really feel hurt. It's cruel!

What's your favorite Mika song ?

(After thinking about it for a long time ). I'd say  Origin of love. It's not a hit, but when I hear it, I have the feeling it conveys something. I'm very proud of the text that I wrote. It's a song that I love to sing on stage and that is often different from concert to concert. I don't want  my shows to be repetitive, so I give myself the freedom to make my songs change. 

Edited by Kumazzz
adding the translation
  • Like 4

VIRGIN RADIO VENDÉE

http://www.virginradiovendee.fr/vrv/?p=15174

News du lundi 31 août 2015

Zoom sur Mika et ses fans (en concert le 14 octobre 2015 au Vendéspace) ...

:uk: translation by crazyaboutmika

Translation of Mika interview :wink2:

It will be one of the big concerts this autumn in Vendéespace Mouilleron le captif, Mika tour with Virgin on October 14th. Mika, coach in The Voice, is promoting his fourth album: "No Place in Heaven" , Mika is very much conscious of how much fans love his music.

Mika: I remember that when there was a concert in London five years ago, there were people who slept there , they had been waiting for a day and a half in a tent and the last day was a bit hard, so we sent a truck with lots of food and hot chocolate and it sort of started a tradition. It has a fun side, it's not sad while they're queing, when they queue, they are waiting,  there's a whole community around it and it's humbling. It's an honor each time. It's a responsibility , I feel it, it's wierd, I feel this responsibility , I give them a sort of direct contact when I am on stage because I know they are in the front row and I know who was there since 5 AM because they are often rather prepared . Having people who get sort of disconnected from their lives during 24 hours, that's impressive! 

Edited by Kumazzz
adding the translation
  • Like 2

VIRGIN RADIO VENDÉE

SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/virgin-radio-vend-e-3/news-du-lundi-31-aout-2015

clyp https://clyp.it/sjkuuqmm

DOWNLOAD clyp https://clyp.it/sjkuuqmm.mp3?download=1

aww he's talking about his fans :wub2:

That's a must translate :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Quest France

http://www.ouest-france.fr/mika-au-vendespace-ce-soir-musicalement-je-veux-tout-bouffer-3764692

Mika au Vendéspace ce soir. "Musicalement, je veux tout bouffer" Le chanteur anglo-libanais, adulé en France, est au Vendéspace ce soir. Il ouvre son cœur et son iPod pour parler des chansons de sa vie.

Entretien

Mika, quelle est la chanson qui vous rend joyeux ?

My baby just cares for me, de Nina Simone. Son rythme est si subtil. Nina Simone est une artiste fascinante. Elle était un peu punk, mais pour décrocher des bourses afin de pouvoir étudier, elle a dû s’astreindre à une certaine discipline. On sent parfaitement dans sa musique ce mélange de classicisme, de liberté et de rébellion. Cette chanson en est la parfaite illustration. Derrière des accords plutôt simples, il y a une force dans le rythme et dans les paroles qui me met en joie chaque fois que je l’entends.

La chanson qui vous rend triste ?

Lilac wine, de Jeff Buckley. Il l’a enregistrée en une seule prise, telle qu’elle lui est venue. C’est un moment d’une pureté immense. Comme si l’on avait une bouteille magique et que l’on pouvait enfermer à l’intérieur un parfum sublime. Cette chanson est d’une beauté époustouflante.

La chanson d’amour que vous chanteriez à une personne que vous voulez séduire ?

Pour cela, il faudrait que je sois vraiment ivre, car ce n’est pas du tout mon genre (rires). Pour moi, la plus belle chanson d’amour, c’est La Javanaise de Gainsbourg. Je dis toujours que c’est une « berceuse d’amour », une berceuse adressée à une femme. Il y a dans les chansons de Gainsbourg un mélange de beauté, de violence et de séduction qui suscite en moi beaucoup d’émotion.

La chanson qui vous agace ?

We are the champions. Attention ! Je suis un grand fan de Queen. Mais je n’en peux plus d’entendre cette chanson dans les stades ou pour fêter un événement sportif. C’est lourd et hors contexte. Mais quand je l’entends chantée par Freddie Mercury en concert, je l’adore.

La chanson qui vous met des fourmis dans les jambes ?

Friday I’m in love de Cure. Une vraie chanson de discothèque. C’est l’indie-pop que j’écoutais en boucle dans les années 2000, avec mes baskets montantes, mon jean pas lavé, en buvant de la bière tiède.

La chanson que vous auriez rêvé d’écrire ?

Toutes !!! Je suis gourmand et obsessif. Musicalement, je veux tout bouffer et je suis jaloux de tout. Ce qui m’intéresse dans mon métier, c’est de partir d’un petit rien du tout, d’un fragment d’inspiration et de mettre en place un process qui va aboutir à un morceau. Alors dès que j’entends une chanson qui me plaît, je rage de ne pas y avoir été associé. Vous allez rire, mais parfois, ça me fait vraiment souffrir. C’est cruel !

La chanson de Mika que vous préférez ?

(Longue réflexion). Je dirais Origin of love. Ce n’est pas un tube, mais quand je l’entends, j’ai l’impression qu’elle transmet quelque chose. Je suis très fier du texte que j’ai écrit. C’est une chanson que j’adore jouer sur scène et qui varie souvent d’un concert à l’autre. Je ne veux pas que mes spectacles soient répétitifs, alors je me donne la liberté de transformer les morceaux.

I'll translate that one too :wink2:
  • Like 3

Quest France

Mika au Vendéspace ce soir. "Musicalement, je veux tout bouffer" Le chanteur anglo-libanais, adulé en France, est au Vendéspace ce soir. Il ouvre son cœur et son iPod pour parler des chansons de sa vie.

Entretien

Mika, quelle est la chanson qui vous rend joyeux ?

La chanson qui vous rend triste ?

La chanson d’amour que vous chanteriez à une personne que vous voulez séduire ?

Pour cela, il faudrait que je sois vraiment ivre, car ce n’est pas du tout mon genre (rires). Pour moi, la plus belle chanson d’amour, c’est La Javanaise de Gainsbourg. Je dis toujours que c’est une « berceuse d’amour », une berceuse adressée à une femme. Il y a dans les chansons de Gainsbourg un mélange de beauté, de violence et de séduction qui suscite en moi beaucoup d’émotion.

La chanson qui vous agace ?

We are the champions. Attention ! Je suis un grand fan de Queen. Mais je n’en peux plus d’entendre cette chanson dans les stades ou pour fêter un événement sportif. C’est lourd et hors contexte. Mais quand je l’entends chantée par Freddie Mercury en concert, je l’adore.

La chanson qui vous met des fourmis dans les jambes ?

La chanson que vous auriez rêvé d’écrire ?

Toutes !!! Je suis gourmand et obsessif. Musicalement, je veux tout bouffer et je suis jaloux de tout. Ce qui m’intéresse dans mon métier, c’est de partir d’un petit rien du tout, d’un fragment d’inspiration et de mettre en place un process qui va aboutir à un morceau. Alors dès que j’entends une chanson qui me plaît, je rage de ne pas y avoir été associé. Vous allez rire, mais parfois, ça me fait vraiment souffrir. C’est cruel !

La chanson de Mika que vous préférez ?

Mika is at  Vendéspace tonight. "Musically, I want it all!" The British Lebanese singer, adored in France, is at Vendéspace tonight . He opens his heart and his  iPod to tell us about the songs of his life.

Interview

Mika,  what is the song that makes you happy?

My baby just cares for me, by Nina Simone. Its rythm is so refined . Nina Simone is a fascinating  artist . She was a bit punk, but in order to get  student scholarships to be able to  study, she had to subject to a certain discipline.  That's something one feels in a perfect way in her music, this mix of classicism, freedom et de rebellion. That particular song is a perfect illustration of it.  Hidden behind rather simple chords , there's a strength in the rythm and in the lyrics that makes me joyful each time I hear it.

What is the song that makes you sad ?

Lilac wine, by Jeff Buckley. He recorded it in one single take, just as it came to him . It's  a  an extremely pure moment . As if you had a magic bottle and that you could keep a sublime perfume inside it. This song is  has an mind blowing beauty.

Which love song would you sing to someone you want to seduce ?

But for that, I'd have to be totally drunk, because it's not like me at all (laughs). For me , the most beautiful love song is La Javanaise de Gainsbourg. I always say that it is a « love lulluby», a lulluby to a woman. In Gainsbourg 's songs there's a mix of beauty, violence and séduction that provokes in me a lot of emotion.

The song that makes you nervous?

We are the champions. Don't get me wrong ! I'm a big fan of Queen. But I can't stand hearing it in the stadiums or to celebrate a sports event.  It's tedious and out of context.  But when I hear it sang by Freddie Mercury at a  concert, I love it.

A song that makes you want to get up and dance?

Friday I’m in love by Cure. A true disco song . That was the indie-pop I used to listen to on repeat around 2000 , wearing my high-top sneakers , dirty jeans, while drinking lukewarm beer.

The song you would have dreamt to write ?

All of them !!!  I'm hungry and obsessive. When it comes to music, I want it all and I'm jalous of everything . What I'm interested in in my job, is to go from a little bit of nothing ,a tiny bit of inspiration, and to start a  process that will lead to a song. So as soon as I hear a song I like, I get angry because I 'm not associated with it. You might laugh at me but sometimes , I really feel hurt. It's cruel!

What's your favorite Mika song ?

(After thinking about it for a long time ). I'd say  Origin of love. It's not a hit, but when I hear it, I have the feeling it conveys something. I'm very proud of the text that I wrote. It's a song that I love to sing on stage and that is often different from concert to concert. I don't want  my shows to be repetitive, so I give myself the freedom to make my songs change. 
  • Like 3

VIRGIN RADIO VENDÉE

Translation of Mika interview :wink2:

It will be one of the big concerts this autumn in Vendéespace Mouilleron le captif, Mika tour with Virgin on October 14th. Mika, coach in The Voice, is promoting his fourth album: "No Place in Heaven" , Mika is very much conscious of how much fans love his music.
Mika: I remember that when there was a concert in London five years ago, there were people who slept there , they had been waiting for a day and a half in a tent and the last day was a bit hard, so we sent a truck with lots of food and hot chocolate and it sort of started a tradition. It has a fun side, it's not sad while they're queing, when they queue, they are waiting,  there's a whole community around it and it's humbling. It's an honor each time. It's a responsability , I feel it, it's wierd, I feel this responsability , I give them a sort of direct contact when I am on stage because I know they are in the front row and I know who was there since 5 AM because they are often rather prepared . Having people who get sort of disconnected from their lives during 24 hours, that's impressive! 
Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Nov 13  Nov 13 23 hrs 22 hrs 9 hrs 2015

Pure Charts Les stars du monde entier prient pour Paris

Attentats à Paris : Madonna, M Pokora ou Mika prient pour Paris et ses victimes
Suite aux multiples attaques meurtrières survenues à Paris hier soir, dont celle au Bataclan en plein concert, les messages de solidarité et de soutien ont afflué sur les réseaux sociaux. Les stars aussi, de Madonna à Ellie Goulding, en passant par Mika, sont mobilisées et envoient leurs prières aux victimes.

L'horreur a encore frappé. Hier soir, en fin de journée, plusieurs attaques ont été perpétrées à Paris, dont l'une au sein de la salle de concert du Bataclan, situé sur le boulevard Voltaire dans le 11ème arrondissement. Le groupe de rock américain Eagles of Death Metal y donnait un show devant un public nombreux quand plusieurs terroristes ont pénétré dans l'établissement en tirant sur la foule, avant une prise d'otages. L'assaut a finalement été donné, mais près d'une centaine de victimes sont à déplorer au Bataclan selon l'AFP. Sur les réseaux sociaux, l'entraide s'est mêlée aux messages de tristesse et d'indignation, tandis que François Hollande s'est adressé aux Français, déclarant l'état d'urgence du pays et confirmant le retour des contrôles aux frontières. Barack Obama, Angela Merkel ou Vladimir Poutine ont également apporté leur soutien à la France.

"Prions pour la Paix! A Paris et partout dans le Monde"
En parallèle, de nombreuses personnalités ont tenu à rendre hommage aux victimes et à prier pour Paris. Katy Perry a posté des emoticones de mains en train de prier avec le mot "PARIS", avant de remercier ses fans pour tous les messages de soutien reçus. MIKA, qui s'est souvenu de son premier concert à Paris au Bataclan, a publié plusieurs messages dont : « Quelle tristesse profonde. Je suis fou de rage », tandis que M Pokora a partagé le montage "Pray for Paris", rappelant le logo de "Je suis Charlie". Harry Styles de One Direction a envoyé ses « pensées » aux habitants de Paris, tout comme Nick Jonas.

Gala Les larmes de Mika

Les larmes de Mika

Le chan­teur a fait part de sa tris­tesse

De retour à Paris, Mika a passé une bonne partie de sa nuit devant la télé­vi­sion.

Il venait juste d'atter­rir à Paris. En appre­nant la nouvelle des atten­tats à Paris et au Stade de France, le chan­teur Mika n'a pu s'empê­cher de faire part de son émotion sur son compte Twit­ter. Scot­ché devant sa télé, il a avoué avoir les larmes aux yeux, avant d'écrire que ses prières et ses pensées allaient aux victimes.

De fait, le chan­teur a déjà vécu ce type de situa­tion, alors qu'il habi­tait en 2005 à Londres. Au mois de juillet de cette année-là, une série d'atten­tats dans les trans­ports publics avaient fait 56 morts et 700 bles­sés. Une tragé­die qui lui avait inspiré son tube « Relax, Take It Easy ».

Dans l'après-midi, Mika a posté sur son compte Insta­gram un drapeau français.

Non Stop Peaople Attentats de Paris – Mika : En larmes et le cœur brisé, il partage son émotion sur Twitter

Attentats de Paris – Mika : En larmes et le cœur brisé, il partage son émotion sur Twitter

A l’image de nombreuses stars du monde entier, Mika a fait part de son émotion ce samedi au lendemain des terribles attaques terroristes dont Paris a été victime. Le coach de The Voice a confié avoir pleuré en apprenant l’horreur.

Les réactions de soutien au peuple parisien se multiplient sur les réseaux sociaux ce samedi au lendemain des attaques terroristes dont a été victime la capitale française. Alors qu’un bilan provisoire fait état de 128 morts, les personnalités du monde entier se succèdent pour faire part de leur émotion. Certains, comme Dany Boon ou M Pokora, étaient présents au Stade de France vendredi soir à l’occasion du match qui opposait les équipes de France et d’Allemagne de football. D’autres, comme Marion Cotillard, ont fait de véritables déclarations d’amour à la ville de Paris : "Tout mon amour à ma ville, à mon pays, à notre monde, à ceux qui ont perdu la vie ce soir, à ceux qui ont été blessé, à leurs familles. Tout mon amour contre la terreur, contre la folie #healtheworld" a-t-elle écrit sur Instagram.

"Le nombre de morts me brise le coeur"

Et puis il y a les autres, ceux qui profitent de leur notoriété pour dénoncer l’immondice de ces attaques. "Condoléances aux proches des victimes. Même pas peur. United we stand, divided we fall" a lancé Antoine de Caunes. Pour Cyril Hanouna, "c’est dur de se dire que ça n’était pas un cauchemar. Tellement peur pour vous tous. #impossibledevivrecommeavant #surtoutrestonsunis". Et puis il y a Mika. Le coach de The Voice venait tout juste d’atterrir à Paris quand les premières informations sur les attentats ont commencé à sortir dans les médias. Le chanteur avait déjà vécu ce genre d’événement lorsqu’il habitait à Londres en 2005. Les attentats de l’époque dans les transports publics avaient fait 56 morts. Une tragédie qui lui avait inspiré son tube Relax, Take It Easy. "Je viens d’atterrir à Paris. C’est horrible" a-t-il expliqué sur Twitter, "Je ne vais pas le cacher, de nombreuses larmes coulent sur mes joues. Ce qui se passe ce soir et le nombre de morts me brise le coeur". En signe de soutien, le chanteur a publié une photo du drapeau Tricolore sur son compte Instagram ce samedi.

• 4 weeks later...

France5

Entrée libre

Mika: Nouvel album "No place in Heaven" - Entrée libre

Dailymotion

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3hqg59_mika-nouvel-album-no-place-in-heaven-entree-libre_tv

Le chanteur Mika propose une nouvelle édition de son 4ème album« No place in Heaven ». Entrée Libre a pénétré l’univers pop du chanteur pour évoquer ses influences et références de l'opéra de Verdi ou Puccini au générique du dessin animé Bugs Bunny.
Entrée libre est le rendez-vous quotidien avec la culture sur France 5 présenté par Laurent Goumarre. Du lundi au vendredi à 20h15, ce sont vingt minutes dédiées à l’actualité de la culture avec un regard différent, pop et inattendu.

And then we've got this one :wink2:

Entrée Libre with English subtitles. Mika talks about his musical influences.

Enjoy!

:france::uk:

By Cathouzouf, Manon & Moment.

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a Dailymotion url.
  • Like 2

France5

Entrée libre

Mika: Nouvel album "No place in Heaven" - Entrée libre

Le chanteur Mika propose une nouvelle édition de son 4ème album« No place in Heaven ». Entrée Libre a pénétré l’univers pop du chanteur pour évoquer ses influences et références de l'opéra de Verdi ou Puccini au générique du dessin animé Bugs Bunny.

Entrée libre est le rendez-vous quotidien avec la culture sur France 5 présenté par Laurent Goumarre. Du lundi au vendredi à 20h15, ce sont vingt minutes dédiées à l’actualité de la culture avec un regard différent, pop et inattendu.

Merci pour telecharger!

On peut trouver beaucoup d'information sur d'origin de son album NPIH  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1