Last Party - Song and Lyrics Discussion

Log lady

It should be available on Amazon

I just found the album for preorder at fnac.com, and amazon but I don't think that includes The Last Party as a gift when you order...

Edited by crazyaboutmika

It's not uncommon to hear people here in the UK say it that way. It is a regional thing.

I love that regional thing, anyway, and, in this specific song, the way he seems to cuddle some words, and fit them to the musical gait.

I love the review on Music News. I left a comment!

Yes it's great! I love how praising it is: "Mika's fourth album 'No Place In Heaven' is a striking record that has been crafted by Mika over the past two years. Mika enlisted long-time collaborator and Grammy nominated producer Gregg Wells (Katy Perry, Pharrell Williams, Adele, Rufus Wainwright) to produce the new album.The pair creating a mature new record that exhibits Mika's incredible song writing talents and breath-taking vocals, evoking memories of classic 70s pop albums created by acclaimed song writers Billy Joel, Todd Rundgren, Elton John etc."

:thumb_yello:

Yes it's great! I love how praising it is: "Mika's fourth album 'No Place In Heaven' is a striking record that has been crafted by Mika over the past two years. Mika enlisted long-time collaborator and Grammy nominated producer Gregg Wells (Katy Perry, Pharrell Williams, Adele, Rufus Wainwright) to produce the new album.The pair creating a mature new record that exhibits Mika's incredible song writing talents and breath-taking vocals, evoking memories of classic 70s pop albums created by acclaimed song writers Billy Joel, Todd Rundgren, Elton John etc."

:thumb_yello:

Why are they spelling Gregs name with 2 Gs? He doesn't spell it that way.

I finaly precommanded the album because I could no longer wait to hear the entire Last Party and OMG...such a beautiful song. The word beautiful isn't powerful enough to describe that song but still. It gaves me tears.

I finaly precommanded the album because I could no longer wait to hear the entire Last Party and OMG...such a beautiful song. The word beautiful isn't powerful enough to describe that song but still. It gaves me tears.

I still cry every time I hear that song. It's incredibly powerful. So sad but still so wonderful.

I still cry every time I hear that song. It's incredibly powerful. So sad but still so wonderful.

sometimes I feel I'm such a crybaby whenever I hear some Mika songs...Heroes made me the same effect.:tears:

I have no words:wub2: sad but really a beautiful song :wub2::wub2:

as I said it already, I though Underwater was a masterpiece but Mika surpassed himself with #LastParty *goosebumps*

:wub2:

Why are they spelling Gregs name with 2 Gs? He doesn't spell it that way.

I don't know. I thought "The pair creating a mature new record that exhibits Mika's incredible song writing talents and breath-taking vocals, (...)" wasn't proper English either :aah:

"Don't be misled, it's not a twist of fate,

It's just what happens when you stay out late"

Could he really be talking about AIDS, Freddie's cause of death? ?

It is. He talked about it on French radio this morning.

Just heard the song (probably illegally, cos I want to wait to order the hard copy of the album), and although it's so sad, it made me so happy- especially with the 'happy ending'-style ending! Finally another MIKA song that I actually like!

Yes, the song sounds like it could be about Freddie when he discovered the gay scene with unfortunate mistiming given the HIV/AIDS epidemic. But then again, MIKA has said in the past that he's actually not a particular fan of Mercury or Queen (unlike me!) :wub2: .

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

Looking forward to some of the other songs now! :)

Just heard the song (probably illegally, cos I want to wait to order the hard copy of the album), and although it's so sad, it made me so happy- especially with the 'happy ending'-style ending! Finally another MIKA song that I actually like!

Yes, the song sounds like it could be about Freddie when he discovered the gay scene with unfortunate mistiming given the HIV/AIDS epidemic. But then again, MIKA has said in the past that he's actually not a particular fan of Mercury or Queen (unlike me!) :wub2: .

Hi. That`s what I think too. Mika dissociated himself from Freddie and a fact he`s a Queen fan so many times , that I hardly believe he decided to make an ode to F. Mercury. Unless someone else convinced him:naughty: (Gimme a proof !)

The thing I really don`t get about Last Party - is resemblance to Adele`s Someone Like You, especially a piano prelude. :blink: Am I the only one who feels so?

That's exactly what the song is about :thumb_yello: at least for me , as a gay man... I took it this way.

"Don't be misled, it's not a twist of fate,

It's just what happens when you stay out late"

Could he really be talking about AIDS, Freddie's cause of death? ?

It is. He talked about it on French radio this morning.

That's one of the few songs I understood its meaning without waiting for explanations from Mika. :aah: