Last Party - Song and Lyrics Discussion

Log lady

I woke up and it's available on iTunes! I was totally in a shock!! Didn't know to expect it at all. What a beautiful, beautiful song. I love it so much :wub2: :wub2::wub2:

?? I don't see it? :unsure: Why would they put it on iTunes? :huh:

Edit: No nevermind I can see it! And I can pre-order the album! No Place In Heaven, expected release on 12 June 2015

I woke up and it's available on iTunes! I was totally in a shock!! Didn't know to expect it at all. What a beautiful, beautiful song. I love it so much :wub2: :wub2::wub2:

:thumb_yello: Thank you Nina for telling this! :huglove: Both my hubby and daughter, home for Eastern holiday now, agree that this is a truly beautiful song!:wub2: For me it's like x-mas eve, cause TLP is a clear fav. since the first time I heard it :fisch::blush-anim-cl:

I wish all MFCers happy Eastern holidays - with new MIKA music...:mikalove:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: Thank you Nina for telling this! :huglove: Both my hubby and daughter, home for Eastern holiday now, agree that this is a truly beautiful song!:wub2: For me it's like x-mas eve, cause TLP is a clear fav. since the first time I heard it :fisch::blush-anim-cl:

I wish all MFCers happy Eastern holidays - with new MIKA music...:mikalove:

Love,love

me

I agree! Sometimes you just hear that song that is like love at first sight, and this song is one of those songs for me. :wub2: I never stop loving those songs that manage to make me fall in love when I listen to them for the first time. :blush-anim-cl:

Happy Easter holidays to you too! :huglove:

Totally!:wub2: the low voice:blush-anim-cl:

Me, Melyssa and DerMoment are really digging this new song and thought it would be nice to get the lyrics.

There's a party going on in here

It's been happening for many years

You weren't invited and don't want to stay

But keep partying anyway

DJ's playing the familiar tune

Got them dancing, shaking up the room

They hear the people they don't know the words

This is the saddest song I've ever heard

If you could look into the future, would ya?

if you could see it, would you even want to?

Got a feeling that there's bad news coming

But I don't want to find it out

If it's the end of the world let's party

Like it's the end of the world let's party

Wrap your arms around everybody

If we're all gonna die let's party

Let's party

Let's party

Who can I blame with everything I've done

Is this the price we pay for too much fun

Don't be misled it's not a twist of fate

It's just what happens when we stay out late

So raise your glasses all my kings and queens

Smash the chandelier to smithereens

Who knew that mercury could rise so fast

Enjoy the party 'cause this is our last

If you could look into the future, would ya?

if you could see it, would you even want to?

Got a feeling that there's bad news coming

But I don't want to find it out

Let's party

Let's party

Let's party

Let's party

There's a party going on in here

It's been happening for many years

And even if it all goes bad

It was the best time we ever had

But the way he pronounces the "o" of everybody couldn't play with the double meaning "every buddy?".

Well, I'm not an English speaker, could it be?

They hear the people they don't know the words

This is the saddest song I've ever heard

After listening to it for over 20 times I'm quite sure the lyrics are "They hear the beat but they don't know the words"..

After listening to it for over 20 times I'm quite sure the lyrics are "They hear the beat but they don't know the words"..

Now that we have a proper version I am definitely hearing that too.

Appart from that, maybe "It's just what happens when YOU stay out late", instead of we, but I'm really not sure, and it doesn't dramatically change the meaning anyway ...

But the way he pronounces the "o" of everybody couldn't play with the double meaning "every buddy?".

Not sure as I can't listen to it right now but with my accent the "body" part of "everybody" and "buddy" are pronounced the same.

I am finding Mika's phrasing generally bizarre in this song - rhyming "ya" and "to"?? Think I will much prefer live versions than this recording. His voice is pretty though and the lyrics are very good. :thumb_yello:

Not sure as I can't listen to it right now but with my accent the "body" part of "everybody" and "buddy" are pronounced the same.

I am finding Mika's phrasing generally bizarre in this song - rhyming "ya" and "to"?? Think I will much prefer live versions than this recording. His voice is pretty though and the lyrics are very good. :thumb_yello:

I feel like "body" is pronounced a bit longer than "buddy" - "booody" vs. "boddy" (maybe even more like "baaady" and "baddy")

So I think it's everybody and not every buddy, because he stretches and emphasises that vowel..

I feel like "body" is pronounced a bit longer than "buddy" - "booody" vs. "boddy" (maybe even more like "baaady" and "baddy")

So I think it's everybody and not every buddy, because he stretches and emphasises that vowel..

Yeah, I just noticed that 'cause he pronounces the first "everybody" in a different way than the second one.

So I thought about a kinda joke like Montreal's "the good gays gone"...

I really can't wait to hear this live, already expect it to be one of the biggest highlights at gigs!

Could it be that the lyrics make reference to climate change? The mercury that rises so fast (in global thermometers)... The party has been going on for too long, and not everybody has been invited (ordinary people and developing nations). It may be too late now...

Excellent song!

You're definitely right. This is what happens when I try to do anything after a sleepless night. The very best of the efficiency at your service.

Could it be that the lyrics make reference to climate change? The mercury that rises so fast (in global thermometers)... The party has been going on for too long, and not everybody has been invited (ordinary people and developing nations). It may be too late now...

Excellent song!

It seems to be an ode to Freddy Mercury.

http://www.universalmusic.it/pop/news/newsdet.php?idn=10956

• Like 1

It's not uncommon to hear people here in the UK say it that way. It is a regional thing.