What about London Zoo - and MIKAs penguin there? :-)

In Norway MIKA has been, nicely and funny, presented on TV twice - both times on the talkshow SKAVLAN, in 2007 and 2010 :-)

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: And - British Airways hold-the-line music ? :-)

Love,love
me

added, thanks  :)

What about London Zoo - and MIKAs penguin there? :-)
In Norway MIKA has been, nicely and funny, presented on TV twice - both times on the talkshow SKAVLAN, in 2007 and 2010 :-)

Love,love
me

Humphrey the penguin's there, but not the zoo or the other one the zoo named Mika.
At this point I don't think i'll put all the venues or TV shows he's been on (that'd be a ton!), just the ones of special note (for example: when he's been on the show many times or the gig was especially of note). I might eventually, once i've added all that other stuff. Edited by kreacher

Humphrey the penguin's there, but not the zoo or the other one the zoo named Mika.

At this point I don't think i'll put all the TV shows he's been on (that'd be a ton!), just the ones of special note (for example: when's played several songs or been on the show many times). I might eventually, once i've added all that other stuff.

:thumb_yello: Great!!

Love,love

me

if anyone knows these things i'll be in your debt!

info i need:

--what Mika did at the butterfly lounge & when. i know i saw pics of him there (his mum was too) but now all the pics are gone from their website

i'll update this post when i think of new things

i hope this encyclopedia helps you :mikacool:

Thanks a million for your great job !!:wub2:

Hope this MFC thread helps you !

:biggirl:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12961

Dee, I just remembered another opening act -- Diane Birch opened for Mika at Le Poisson Rouge in June 2009.

And Marilou opened for him at the Montgolfieres Festival in August 2012.

Also, a couple other things -- about Alex Bampton. You call him a classically trained pianist -- that may be true, but that's a little misleading, I think. He's actually just a fan who jumped out of the audience to play Only Love You When I'm Drunk with Mika. Here's Alex's video of the episode:

[YOUTUBE]WyWygqoe2-M[/YOUTUBE]

I think you could safely describe Katy Perry as a friend of Mika's. After all, they knew each other way back in 2006 (even exchanging messages with each other on Facebook). Greg Wells worked with both of them on their albums -- I think they may have met through him.

Pixie Lott was also a Lollipop Girl, not just a generic dancer. Mika mentioned it in at least one interview. I think you can see her as a LG in the Big Girl video, as a matter of fact.

Finally, you might want to make an entry for The Grammys. Mika was nominated for Best Dance Recording in 2007, and even though he didn't win then, we know it's just a matter of time before you'll be adding to that entry. :wink2:

Does anyone know offhand the approximate total amount MFC has raised for London Air Ambulance (from the golden ticket, auction, other donations, etc)?

Kumazzz said:
Thanks a million for your great job !! :wub2:
Hope this MFC thread helps you !
:biggirl:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12961

I checked that before, it didn't really help much :huh:

dcdeb said:
Dee, I just remembered another opening act -- Diane Birch opened for Mika at Le Poisson Rouge in June 2009.

And Marilou opened for him at the Montgolfieres Festival in August 2012.

Also, a couple other things -- about Alex Bampton. You call him a classically trained pianist -- that may be true, but that's a little misleading, I think. He's actually just a fan who jumped out of the audience to play Only Love You When I'm Drunk with Mika. Here's Alex's video of the episode:
[YOUTUBE]WyWygqoe2-M[/YOUTUBE]

I think you could safely describe Katy Perry as a friend of Mika's. After all, they knew each other way back in 2006 (even exchanging messages with each other on Facebook). Greg Wells worked with both of them on their albums -- I think they may have met through him.

Pixie Lott was also a Lollipop Girl, not just a generic dancer. Mika mentioned it in at least one interview. I think you can see her as a LG in the Big Girl video, as a matter of fact.

Finally, you might want to make an entry for The Grammys. Mika was nominated for Best Dance Recording in 2007, and even though he didn't win then, we know it's just a matter of time before you'll be adding to that entry. :wink2:

I got the classically trained bit from Alex's website. Shall i'll see about rewording the rest?

Oops, i didn't mean to call Katy a fan, and not a friend!

The Grammys are on the list i posted.... or they should be... aren't they? The other awards he's won or were nominated for aren't on the list, but i'll get around to adding them too.

Thanks for the other info! :thumb_yello:

Edited by kreacher

Ok so, this http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19796 says Pixie was a Love Today dancer. But the thread says people met her at the BG video shoot, so perhaps the article writer mixed the two videos up?

But this http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/livelounge/artist/090928_mika.shtml says Mika said she was a Lollipop Girl.

Is it bad i'm more inclined to believe her?  :aah:

BACK TO FIRST POST

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH…..

:pray:

QUESTIONS:

Where was the Dodgy Holiday EP recorded?

What is the real name of the actress with long brownish hair in the "Elle Me Dit" video?

Are there any interesting quotes Mika said about the songs/albums: the Dodgy Holiday EP, "Your Sympathy", “How Much Do You Love Me?”, “I’m Falling”, "Pick Up Off The Floor", "Stuck In The Middle", “Un Soleil Mal Luné”, "Center Of Gravity", "Feels Like Love", "Satellite", “Money, Money”, “Cry”, “Domani”, “I’m So Tired…”, “Skinny Love”, “Vive Le Vent”, and/or “We’ll Be Coming Back”?

Are there any interesting interesting quotes Mika said about the people/places/things, or quotes these people said about Mika?: Dermot O’Leary, Jools Holland, Alber Elbaz, Luke Juby, David Whitmey, Felix Bloxsom, Lorna Bridge, Marcus Byrne, Ed Carlile, Tristan Cassel Delavois, Lewis Wright, Ben Epstein, iMMa, Saranayde, Tim Van Der Kuil, Sam Smith (the backing singer), Curtis Stansfield, Mitch Yoshida, and/or Wouter Van Tornhout? 

What are the names of more of the bands/singers that opened for Mika on his past live dates?

In a 2009 Belgian newspaper Mika said, "...and he [Walter Van Beirendonck] asked me to write a bit for a book about him." Does anyone know if Mika actually wrote anything which appeared in any Walter Van Beirendonck’s books?

STUFF TO DO:

-NEED PRODUCTION/TECHNICAL CREDITS FOR: Lady Jane, Lonely Alcoholic, Un Soleil Mal Luné, all newer collabs and non-album songs

-NEED MUSICAL CREDITS FOR: Instant Martyr, Kick Ass, Lady Jane, Lonely Alcoholic, Sound Of An Orchestra, Un Soleil Mal Luné, all newer collabs and non-album songs

If anyone can help out at all I'll be in your debt!

FIRST POST * # ~ A ~ Ba-Bh * Bi-Bz * C ~ D * E ~ F ~ G * H ~ I ~ J * K ~ La-Li * Li-Lz ~ Ma-Mh * Mika * Mi-Mz ~ N * O ~ P * Q ~ R ~ Sa-Sn * So-Sz ~ T * U ~ V ~ W ~ X ~ Y ~ Z * LEFTOVER EXTENDED INFO * LIVE MIKA TOUR DATES * RECENT UPDATES

Edited by kreacher

Ok so, this http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19796 says Pixie was a Love Today dancer. But the thread says people met her at the BG video shoot, so perhaps the article writer mixed the two videos up?

But this http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/livelounge/artist/090928_mika.shtml says Mika said she was a Lollipop Girl.

Is it bad i'm more inclined to believe her? :aah:

I didn't remember ever hearing that Pixie Lott was in Love Today until you mentioned it. I've heard Mika say she was a Lollipop Girl with my own ears -- I can't remember where, but he called her Miss Pixie Lott when talking about her. And I can see her in the video. I suppose it's possible she did both videos :dunno: I'll go back and rewatch Love Today to see if I can spot her.

what does she have to do with Mika?

:blink: Yeah, really.

Edited by dcdeb

Does anyone know offhand the approximate total amount MFC has raised for London Air Ambulance (from the golden ticket, auction, other donations, etc)?

I had to look it up. Looks like it was 5111.13GBP

I got the classically trained bit from Alex's website. Shall i'll see about rewording the rest?

Well, I would -- like I said, I think it's misleading to call him a classically trained pianist (not taking anything away from him, really! I'm sure he plays quite well!). It's just that he was an ordinary fan in the audience -- it's not like Rachmaninoff came out of the audience to play. :naughty:

The Grammys are on the list i posted.... or they should be... aren't they? The other awards he's won or were nominated for aren't on the list, but i'll get around to adding them too.

I didn't see them when I looked, but maybe you added them after I checked. :dunno:

You're really amazing, keeping up with this. Thanks!

:what:

LIST OF ENTRIES TO DEFINITELY PROBABLY ADD: Yarza Twins, Bestley, Sky, Thierry Wasser, Anthony Van Laast, Rosario Fiorello,  …

LIST OF ENTRIES TO ADD EXTENDED INFO TO: Modern Times, Emma Marrone

LIST OF ENTRIES TO MAAAAAAAAAYBE ADD: Dardust, Barney, Debora Cesti, Labrinth, Good Times, Topman, Josh Thomas, Les Drapeaux de France, MoltiMedia, Nexus Towers, Olympia Le-Tan, Zoe Lenthal, Dario Tanghetti, Ismaila Mbaye, Patrizia Peluso, Arturo Brachetti, Hugh Eveleigh, Jenny Cogan, Tony Iniziato, François Ozon, aMika, Marc Hernandez, Matthieu Grelier, and maybe more

Also: new things Mika does & random old stuff i come across.

THIS LIST UPDATED: AUGUST 19, 2022

i'll delete them from these lists when i post the entries into the Mikapedia

FIRST POST * # ~ A ~ Ba-Bh * Bi-Bz * C ~ D * E ~ F ~ G * H ~ I ~ J * K ~ La-Li * Li-Lz ~ Ma-Mh * Mika * Mi-Mz ~ N * O ~ P * Q ~ R ~ Sa-Sn * So-Sz ~ T * U ~ V ~ W ~ X ~ Y ~ Z * LEFTOVER EXTENDED INFO * LIVE MIKA TOUR DATES * RECENT UPDATES

Edited by kreacher

omg this thread's gone sticky, one of my dreams come true!!!

:cheer:

just posted some updates & updated the "to add" list :thumb_yello:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I had to look it up. Looks like it was 5111.13GBP

Well, I would -- like I said, I think it's misleading to call him a classically trained pianist (not taking anything away from him, really! I'm sure he plays quite well!). It's just that he was an ordinary fan in the audience -- it's not like Rachmaninoff came out of the audience to play. :naughty:

I didn't see them when I looked, but maybe you added them after I checked. :dunno:

You're really amazing, keeping up with this. Thanks!

Really, it was 5111? I thought the golden ticket thing raised over 6000 alone? Thanks for checking!

I already reworded Alex's entry to make it clearer he was there as a fan. Is that better?

The grammy's were the list i posted on page 5, the list of things i'll put in the encyclopedia when i get time.

You're welcome! It's fun, i'm learning so much

I spent about an hour trying to sort out what Mika did when at SXSW in 2007 for the SXSW entry but only got more confused xD MFC has about 15 SXSW threads! I thought i'd ask for help since i was making the entry such a mess....

-Mika did an interview with Dermot O'Leary and said he played a gig with pete townshend, then after that played at a gig where every piece of machinery broke down. He said after the interview he was going to play another gig

-he did an interview for Yahoo Music wore that bright orange hoodie.

-he played at a club called Eternal on day 2-thursday Mar 15th and was wearing red pants, a white button down shirt, suspenders, and a striped jacket.

-he played at the attic jam at zona rosa w/ Pete Townshend, he was wearing those red trousers and t-shirt with red hearts on it on the 15th

-the bbc had a showcase on friday Mar 16th at la zona rosa and wore purple pants

-was there a 4th gig, or is the eternal gig the one where the machines broke down?

-when did he play Hips Dont Lie by Shakira? I saw a bit of a vid where he was singing while wearing the purple pants, but that wasnt the version played after the interview w/ dermot o'leary, was it? I couldnt compare them since i'm on a mobile device. I'll check tmrw if i have to

This post was a lot more confused when i started, typing it out did help and i answered most of my questions xD

if anyone can help me confirm this info, or add anything i'd be much obliged!

Edited by kreacher

Really, it was 5111? I thought the golden ticket thing raised over 6000 alone? Thanks for checking!

Well, that's what we show on the JustGiving page, which is where all the money went through. That's English pounds, not dollars, you saw that, right? It's been a few years now, I guess I better double-check and refresh my memory.

I spent about an hour trying to sort out what Mika did when at SXSW in 2007 for the SXSW entry but only got more confused xD MFC has about 15 SXSW threads! I thought i'd ask for help since i was making the entry such a mess....

-Mika did an interview with Dermot O'Leary and said he played a gig with pete townshend, then after that played at a gig where every piece of machinery broke down. He said after the interview he was going to play another gig

-he did an interview for Yahoo Music wore that bright orange hoodie.

-he played at a club called Eternal on day 2-thursday Mar 15th and was wearing red pants, a white button down shirt, suspenders, and a striped jacket.

-he played at the attic jam at zona rosa w/ Pete Townshend, he was wearing those red trousers and t-shirt with red hearts on it on the 15th

-the bbc had a showcase on friday Mar 16th at la zona rosa and wore purple pants

-was there a 4th gig, or is the eternal gig the one where the machines broke down?

-when did he play Hips Dont Lie by Shakira? He sang it once while wearing the purple pants, but that wasnt the version played after the interview w/ dermot o'leary, was it?

This post was a lot more confused when i started, typing it out did help and i answered most of my questions xD

if anyone can help me confirm this info, or add anything i'd be much obliged!

Ah, I remember that weekend. It was very early on in my Mika fandomness and I was obsessed with hearing every little thing about it. :blush-anim-cl:

He sang Hips Don't Lie here:

[YOUTUBE]2t8e3fPWDjo[/YOUTUBE]

You can hear him say, "Dermot O'Leary I forgot the lyrics and it's all your ****ing fault!" So I think this could have been after that interview -- but his pants don't look purple to me here. Are they? (He wore purple pants with the bright orange hoodie, btw.) :naughty:

This below is supposedly from the gig at La Zona Rosa and it's the same outfit/background, so I think that this was the BBC showcase. So he sang Hips Don't Lie here.

[YOUTUBE]epVvv9Abn6c[/YOUTUBE]

So at least I think I helped answer one question :)

Well, that's what we show on the JustGiving page, which is where all the money went through. That's English pounds, not dollars, you saw that, right? It's been a few years now, I guess I better double-check and refresh my memory.

Ah, I remember that weekend. It was very early on in my Mika fandomness and I was obsessed with hearing every little thing about it. :blush-anim-cl:

He sang Hips Don't Lie here:

[YOUTUBE]2t8e3fPWDjo[/YOUTUBE]

You can hear him say, "Dermot O'Leary I forgot the lyrics and it's all your ****ing fault!" So I think this could have been after that interview -- but his pants don't look purple to me here. Are they? (He wore purple pants with the bright orange hoodie, btw.) :naughty:

This below is supposedly from the gig at La Zona Rosa and it's the same outfit/background, so I think that this was the BBC showcase. So he sang Hips Don't Lie here.

[YOUTUBE]epVvv9Abn6c[/YOUTUBE]

So at least I think I helped answer one question :)

ok thanks for the clarification! the first video is the one i'd seen a bit of, the audio version i heard is better quality but i can't listen to it right now because it's on my tablet & i can't find it online (all the mfc links are broken) so i'll just have to watch this video 30 times & memorize it so i can compare the two later :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

i thought the light just made them look less purplish? here's another pic:

IMG_0883.jpg

more here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1884&highlight=mika+sxsw

Edited by kreacher

What about Chantal Goya ?

He was a fan of her when he was a child.

Interview

"When I was little I was obsessed with Chantal Goya [...] I saw her show 4 times ... I would love to meet her."

I can't remember what name of the French TV show in 2009/2010, Chantal Goya with pandas dancing on the stage, Mika looked very fun at the TV show. and finally Mika met Chantal !

Chantal Goya

wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chantal_Goya

Edited by Kumazzz

What about Chantal Goya ?

He was a fan of her when he was a child.

Interview

"When I was little I was obsessed with Chantal Goya [...] I saw her show 4 times ... I would love to meet her."

I can't remember what name of the French TV show in 2009/2010, Chantal Goya with pandas dancing on the stage, Mika looked very fun at the TV show. and finally Mika met Chantal !

Chantal Goya

wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chantal_Goya

wow i've never even heard of her, so thank you so much :thumb_yello: