Hi! Can I contribute to this encyclopedia?

There's a Korean Orchestra Edition of No Place In Heaven. Same tracklist as the French re-issue, but includes a 300 pieces jigsaw puzzle.

Sources: http://www.yesasia.com/us/mika-no-place-in-heaven-orchestra-edition-2cd-korea-version/1047689420-0-0-0-en/info.html

https://pt.pinterest.com/pin/424112489888725267/

There's a Korean Tour Edition of Origin of Love with 17 songs + DVD.

You can find the full tracklist here: http://www.yesasia.com/us/mika-the-origin-of-love-cd-dvd-tour-edition-limited-edition-korea/1033078687-0-0-0-en/info.html

I don't know the deluxe edition of The Boy Who Knew Too Much you refer to in your post (maybe a different one). But the one I have, and it's available in several countries has the Live at Sadler's Wells Bonus Disc, doesn't have Lady Jane and has Lover Boy as #13. 

Sources: http://www.fnac.pt/Mika-The-Boy-Who-Knew-Too-Much-Deluxe-Edition-2CD-sem-especificar/a264275

http://www.yesasia.com/global/mika-the-boy-who-knew-too-much-2cd-deluxe-edition-korea-version/1021147185-0-0-0-en/info.html

The Korean Edition of TBWKTM has a different bonus track of the other editions:

13. Love Today (Live from Sadler's Wells, London/2009)

http://www.yesasia.com/us/mika-the-boy-who-knew-too-much-korea-version/1021147186-0-0-0-en/info.html

Besides the TBWKTM Asian Tour Edition with the tofu figure (which I think is blue and not white, but maybe there's another one), there's an edition with 7 tofu stickers.

Figure: http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-boy-who-knew-too-much-asia-tour-edition-2cd-tofu/1022767416-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://toysrevil.blogspot.pt/2010/05/toy-teaser-mika-x-tofu-oyako-by.html

Stickers: http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-boy-who-knew-too-much-asia-tour-edition-2cd-tofu-complete-sticker/1022953523-0-0-0-en/info.html

Is it ok to add this kind of info here, if I find something else?

BTW, I can't really find information about the LICM Asian Tour Edition that is mentioned on Wikipedia. Does anybody know something about this?

Life In Cartoon Motion [ Asian Tour Edition ] has never been published, it's a fake information. ( I'm from Japan )

Original stickers are in Life In Cartoon Motion [ Japanese the First Edition ].

attachicon.gifIMG_9568.jpg

thank you so much for this info!

i knew about the puzzle edition (i have it even :teehee: ) and mentioned it in one place but forgot to mention it in the list of other versions of NPIH.  i think the others are news to me, i'll update the entries soon. 

anytime you find more info like this please do post it, it helps a ton!  all the slightly different versions of his albums are doing my head in  :facepalm:

• Like 1

last post was getting too long, so i started a new one...

MASTER POST OF RECENT UPDATES

:Update:

smilie_girl_149.gif

PREVIOUS LIST OF UPDATES

DONE IN THE WEEKS OF 6/1 - 6/29: i had use of a laptop for a couple weeks so i’ve done a ton of updates including adding photo links & going through most of the old photo links to fix bad ones, added several new entries and extended info entries, in each of their extended entries i added to the info about the times he played songs live, added/fixed the info P. Xará gave me about other editions of Mika's albums.

DONE IN THE WEEKS OF 6/30 - 8/2: this month i added several new quotes, fixed more bad photo links & added other new ones, added 18 new regular entries and 1 new extended info entry, moved some stuff around in some of the extended info posts, added to the bios of some people, fixed errors and mistakes in formatting, added a list of cities where he's performed 5 or more times to the PLACES extended post, other stuff.... been busy with packing for my impending move so i didn't get as much done as i'd hoped.

:whew:

UP NEXT: my to-do list is HUGE! Just a few of the things on it include: adding incoming info about Mika's new Italian TV show, more researching in old interviews and videos, adding more support bands to tour dates, maybe adding lyrics directly to each song's extended entry in spoilers, adding common mis-titles/alternate titles to song extended info, possibly moving more stuff around in extended posts, adding more quotes & photos, adding new encyclopedia entries including those from the to be added list, etc.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Giffoni 2016 inteview

http://www.iltempo.it/cultura-spettacoli/2016/07/23/la-battaglia-di-mika-contro-le-paure-combatto-con-l-arte-i-mali-del-mondo-1.1561192

La dislessia?

«Vent'anni fa non c'era internet ed era difficile che un ragazzo dislessico trovasse le risposte. Io fui aiutato da una dolcissima signora, Mrs Coogan. Mi insegnò a esprimermi in modo visuale, facendo disegni. Oggi, ogni volta che ho un problema, disegno delle bolle e ci metto dentro i miei pensieri.

I've never known Mrs Coogan before !

• Like 2

I was listening a virtual band called Studio Killers and while reading abut them on Wikipedia, I found out that the vocalist, Teemu Brunila, worked on ''Last Party'' as a co-writer

Edited by BiaIchihara

I was listening a virtual band called Studio Killers and while reading abut them on Wikipedia, I found out that the vocalist, Teemu Brunila, worked on ''Last Party'' as a co-writer

Teemu has an entry in the Mika encyclopedia:

Brunila, Teemu - Finnish singer, songwriter, musician and producer. He became known as the lead vocalist and songwriter for the Turku-based pop group The Crash. During their career, the band released four studio albums and one compilation album. He co-wrote Mika’s "Last Party"; co-wrote, produced, played piano, drums, bass, sang background vocals on "Porcelain". He's also written songs for acts like David Guetta, Pixie Lott, JLS, and Trey Songz.

Thanks for the info about Studio Killers tho, i'll make note of it.

Edited by kreacher

Teemu has an entry in the Mika encyclopedia:

Thanks for the info about Studio Killers tho, i'll make note of it.

That's why I didn't find him on the encyclopedia, I searched using his first name, thanks for ponting that out

I found a pic from Instagram.

It was @ Moscow, Russia 28 July 2010 : MFC thread http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/26114-mika-moscow-russia-28-july-2010/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIkY1RyD5mA/

primrosemusic Haha, been looking through old pics - @gregory_melnikoff and @tim_primrose had supported Mika at his first show in Moscow with their previous band The Indies #primrose #theindies #primrosemusic #music #love #mika

post-18723-0-22404800-1470091701_thumb.jpg

PRIMROSE

PRIMROSE
press-release

Primrose - a cosmic-pop band from Moscow will give its first gig on December 29th at Artefaq club. They will present new tracks of the band recently known as Indies.
The band has a 4-year history of successful concerts that starts from supporting Mika and OneRepublic and goes up to the biggest Moscow venues. Moreover the band frequently took part in The Red Rocks Tour - one of the largest music festival dedicated to Sochi 2014 Olympics. The frontman - Gregory - has been a hero of major editorials like GQ, Rolling Stone, The Page Mag and many others.
The band has 2 EPs - Light Edition and Victory of the Indies, that were partially recorded and mixed in NYC and a pop-art video Emotional Billionaire starring top-model Masha Rudenko (Armani, Ferre, Comme des Garcons etc.)
«Collaborating with the guys had been so much fun! A lot of creativity!» - says Masha. -«I just fell in love with their music from the first moment - it's all about my style. Now I can't wait for them to come to Los Angeles. I'll be so happy if our country will be assosiated with such great voice and fantastic music».
Changing the band's name was a long-time plan according to Gregory: «When Indies were formed we had different band members and played something between indie-rock and alternative, but our sound had been changing with every released track, and finally got smoother and closer to electro pop. The new tracks had just nothing to be assosicated with the previous band name. Above all, at this moment we don't try to follow the market trends.»
Influenced by Sting, Elton John and Queen, the band's frontman Gregory wants to add that type of sound and melody to his tracks. By this time Primrose had only one gig - supporting One-Republic in November, 2014, but that was enough to start gaining a new fans and popularity.
«We never had so much feedback after Indies' gigs. Now we get lots of messages every day, people send their pictures of us - some are a real pieces of art! We feel that everybody is waiting for new releases and this gives us forces to keep on doing what we do.»
In the end of 2014 the band will present a single «Compulsion» - and official cover version of 1989 Martin Gore track, and in 2015 the guys are planning to release an album and a music video.

Edited by Kumazzz

I found a pic from Instagram.

It was @ Moscow, Russia 28 July 2010 : MFC thread http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/26114-mika-moscow-russia-28-july-2010/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIkY1RyD5mA/

primrosemusic Haha, been looking through old pics - @gregory_melnikoff and @tim_primrose had supported Mika at his first show in Moscow with their previous band The Indies #primrose #theindies #primrosemusic #music #love #mika

attachicon.gifPrimrose_Moscow.jpg

PRIMROSE

PRIMROSE

press-release

Primrose - a cosmic-pop band from Moscow will give its first gig on December 29th at Artefaq club. They will present new tracks of the band recently known as Indies....

The Indies are already in the Mikapedia. According to their FB page The Indies changed their name to Primrose in 2014. I'll add the photo to their entry.  Thanks for finding this!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

in case anyone was wondering, this hasn't been abandoned!

:doh:

I've been catching up on all the Mikanews that happened in my absence & getting new info/entries ready for a few weeks. There's been so much going on tho so it's taking a lot of work. i'll probably post all the new stuff regarding the new dvd, his TV show, Art of Song, Wonderful Christmastime, etc in a week or two, i promise  :yes:

• Like 6

in case anyone was wondering, this hasn't been abandoned!

:doh:

I've been catching up on all the Mikanews that happened in my absence & getting new info/entries ready for a few weeks. There's been so much going on tho so it's taking a lot of work. i'll probably post all the new stuff regarding the new dvd, his TV show, Art of Song, Wonderful Christmastime, etc in a week or two, i promise  :yes:

Thanks for the update. Take your time. It's a great project and very much worth waiting for.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday i finally started posting all the changes & finished up today. :pbjt:
Some stuff needs more details but i wanted to get up what i had.

MASTER POST OF RECENT UPDATES 
quoting this because it's been so long...

On 6/28/2016 at 4:19 PM, kreacher said:

smilie_girl_149.gif

PREVIOUS LIST OF UPDATES

DONE IN THE WEEKS OF 6/1 - 6/29: i had use of a laptop for a couple weeks so i’ve done a ton of updates including adding photo links & going through most of the old photo links to fix bad ones, added several new entries and extended info entries, in each of their extended entries i added to the info about the times he played songs live, added/fixed the info P. Xará gave me about other editions of Mika's albums.

DONE IN THE WEEKS OF 6/30 - 8/2: this month i added several new quotes, fixed more bad photo links & added other new ones, added 18 new regular entries and 1 new extended info entry, moved some stuff around in some of the extended info posts, added to the bios of some people, fixed errors and mistakes in formatting, added a list of cities where he's performed 5 or more times to the PLACES extended post, other stuff.... been busy with packing for my impending move so i didn't get as much done as i'd hoped.

***TOOK AUGUST-OCTOBER OFF***

DONE IN THE WEEKS OF 11/8/2016 - 12/24/2016: i added about 80 new Mikapedia entries (and worked on a few more than aren’t quite ready yet), added 10 new extended info entries, added some quotes, made 2 new extended entry posts in order to split his design projects & writings from important events, charities, etc and to split duettists from other music collaborators because the posts outgrew the forum's character limit, moved a few other extentries around, added a few new gigs to the tour dates shared document and color-coded it by year, added new awards and charity things to Mika’s bio, other random tweaks that needed done

:whew:

UP NEXT: my to-do list is even more HUGE! Just a few of the things on it include: adding mentions of the new dvd and his casamika performances to each song’s extentry when applicable, more quotes especially about/by the guests on his TV show, adding photos of DVD credits if they're too long to list them all, more researching in old interviews and videos, adding more support bands and other info to past tour dates document, adding common mis-titles/alternate titles to song extended info, moving more stuff around in extended posts because some are close to exceeding the forum character limit, adding more photos (including casamika ones to his guests w/ extentries), adding to people's bios & other info, adding new encyclopedia entries including those from the to be added list, maybe for funsies i might make a copy of the tour dates list and color code it by country, etc....

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

Dee, this is the list of the songs Mika performed in Stasera Casa Mika edited from Lucrezia's post here:

http://http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32618-stasera-casamika-one-man-show-on-italian-tv-15-22-29-nov6-dec-2016-rai-2/?p=4081045

SCM 1 - Grace Kelly

SCM 1 - Mika & Francesco Renga - Happy Ending
SCM 1 - Mika & Francesco Renga - Il mio giorno più bello del mondo
SCM 1 - Mika & Malika Ayane - Io che non vivo
SCM 1 - Mika & Orchestra Sanitansamble - Era de maggio
SCM 1 - Mika & PaulaGD - Testa Spalla Baby 123
SCM 1 - Mika & Renzo Arbore - La vita è tutta un quiz
SCM 1 - Mika & Renzo Arbore - Rosamunda
SCM 1 -  Hurts 

SCM 2 - Love Today
SCM 2 - Luca Zingaretti - Good Wife 
SCM 2 - Mika & Emma - Domani è un altro giorno
SCM 2 - Mika & Joahn Thiele & Michele Bravi - Let the sunshine
SCM 2 - Mika & Morgan - Across the universe
SCM 2 - Mika & Morgan - Andiamo a Londra
SCM 2 - Mika & PaulaGD - Lasciati baciare col Let Kiss
SCM 2 - Mika & Raphael Gualazzi - Blame it on the girls
SCM 2 - Mika & Raphael Gualazzi - Swing
SCM 2 - Mika & Rulli Frulli - L'ombelico del mondo
SCM 2 -  Origin of Love
SCM 2 -  Over My Shoulder

SCM 3 - Boum boum boum
SCM 3 - Mika & Elio - Endless Love
SCM 3 - Mika & Eros Ramazzotti - Ci parliamo da grandi
SCM 3 - Mika & Fabio Fazio - Guardo gli angeli che volano nel ciel
SCM 3 - Mika & Giorgia - You've got a friend
SCM 3 - Mika & La piccola orchestra di Tor Pignattara - Gangster Paradise
SCM 3 - Mika & Paula - Come Barbie e Ken
SCM 3 - Mika & Rossi del palma - Cucurrucucu Paloma
SCM 3 -  Good Guys
SCM 3 - Underwater

SCM 4 - Last Party
SCM 4 - Lollipop
SCM 4 - Mika & Chiara - Everybody's talking 
SCM 4 - Mika & Chiara - Stardust
SCM 4 - Mika & Coro Papageno - Ave Verum Corpus
SCM 4 - Mika & Kylie Minogue - Wonderful Xmas time
SCM 4 - Mika & Patrizia Cavalli - Al cuore fa bene far le scale
SCM 4 - Mika & PaulaGD - Chi mai sei tu
SCM 4 - Mika & Pierfrancesco Favino - Pure Imagination
SCM 4 - Mika & Pupo - Talk about you&Sarà perchè ti amo
SCM 4 - Mika & Sarah Felderbaum - Save the last dance for me
Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

raaawr i've awoken from my 6-month slumber!

there's a ton of news and Mika stuff i want to add. tonight i was all ready to get started.... but after doing a bit of experimenting with the new forum changes i realized there's so many formatting issues (i.e. font size & spacing, spoilers, etc) i need to address first. i'd spent countless hours getting the entries perfectly how i wanted them but now they're f**ked so i gotta reconsider how i do things (i.e. my google docs where i made updates then pasted to the forum) *headdesk* 

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On March 28, 2015 at 4:35 PM, kreacher said:

----DVDs and OTHER ALBUMS----

DVDs, EPs, collections

***PLEASE NOTE: Some versions of Mika’s albums have been released with a bonus CD or DVD. These include the remix & rarieties CD which came with some editions of The Boy Who Knew Too Much (including the Korean 3 disc Magazine Edition and the Asian Tour edition), the 17-track Sadler's Wells gig disc which came with some editions of The Boy Who Knew Too Much (including the Korean 3 disc Magazine Edition and the UK and European limited editions), the 2 disc US edition of The Boy Who Knew Too Much which came with a 6-track DVD. Various deluxe editions of The Origin Of Love came with bonus disc (featuring acoustic versions or some songs in French depending on which version you got); also the Korean 3 disc Magazine Edition came with an 11 track DVD. The Korean 3 disc Magazine Edition of No Place In Heaven came with an 8 song bonus disc and a 6 track DVD, and the No Place In Heaven re-issue came with the 14 song edition of Mika Et L'Orchestre Symphonique De Montréal. For more about all these bonus albums please see the extended info posts about albums they came with. See below for more on the Mika Et L'Orchestre Symphonique De Montréal CD because it was also released as a stand-alone album.

• THIS POST'S CONTENTS:
  • Dodgy Holiday EP
  • Live In Cartoon Motion
  • Live Parc Des Princes Paris
  • Mika Et L'Orchestre Symphonique De Montréal
  • Mika Love Paris - Live à Bercy
  • Sinfonia Pop
  • Songs For Sorrow EP (with "Lady Jane" and "Lonely Alcoholic")
  • Songbook Vol. 1

----DODGY HOLIDAY EP----

Mika’s first EP, released digitally on November 20, 2006, for limited time only. A physical version could be bought through the Mikasounds website and contained an exclusive 24-page booklet containing unseen photos and lyrics. The EP was also made available via Target stores in the USA.

Reveal hidden contents

RELEASE DATE: November 20, 2006

DATES RECORDED: 2005-2006

RECORDED AT: ?

TOTAL LENGTH: 12:46

LABEL: Island (UK) - Universal (AUS)

PRODUCED BY: ?

SINGLES: -

BASIC TRACKLIST:

1. "Billy Brown" - 3:15
  2. "Love Today" (Acoustic) - 2:56
  3. "Relax, Take It Easy" (BBC Blue Room Session) - 3:45
  4. "My Interpretation" (Acoustic) - 2:50

OTHER VERSIONS: -

CHART POSITIONS: -

ESTIMATED SALES: ?

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS: This EP was not nominated for any awards.

LAUNCH/LISTENING PARTIES: -

TOURS: -

TITLE INFO: The EP took its name from the line "he met his lover almost every single day, making excuses for his dodgy holiday" in the song "Billy Brown".

QUOTES: ADD QUOTES ABOUT THIS EP!!!!

OTHER INFO: For more information about the individual tracks, please see the Life In Cartoon Motion extended info post.

ARTWORK: by Mika and DaWack (Yasmine Penniman)

COVER: EP cover art

----Live In Cartoon Motion----

DVD released of Mika's concert for a sold-out audience at L'Olympia in Paris on June 30, 2007. This release was the first time one of Mika's shows was professionally filmed in its entirety.

Reveal hidden contents

RELEASE DATE: November 13, 2007

LENGTH: approximately 110 minutes

LIVE BAND:

Vocals, Piano - Mika

Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals - Mike Choi

Drums, Backing Vocals - Cherisse Ofusu-Osei

Guitar, Backing Vocals - Martin Waugh

Keyboards, Backing Vocals - Luke Juby

Big Girls - Ali Richards, Sandrine Peyronnenc

Lollipop Girl, co-vocalist on "Happy Ending" - Lorna Bridge

DVD CREDITS:

Recorded At - L'Olympia Bruno Coquatrix

Produced At - Globe Productions

Copyright - Casablanca Music LLC

Licensed To - Universal Island Records Ltd.

Designed At - Metropolis Studios

Mixed At - Abbey Road Studios

Produced For - Universal Records

Executive-Producer - Andy Holland, Mike Mooney

Film Director - Matt Askem

Film Producer - Phillippa Pettett

Mixed By - Peter Cobbin

Mixed By [Assistant] - Sam OKell

Producer - Gerry Gallacher

TRACKLIST:

1. "Relax (Take It Easy)"
  2. "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)"
  3. "My Interpretation"
  4. "Billy Brown"
  5. "Any Other World"
  6. "Stuck In The Middle"
  7. "Ring Ring"
  8. "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)"
  9. "Holy Johnny"
  10. "Happy Ending"
  11. "I Want You Back"
  12. "Love Today"
  13. "Grace Kelly"
  14. "Lollipop"

BONUS FEATURES:

• "Grace Kelly" (music video)
  • "Love Today" (music video)
  • "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" (music video)
  • "Relax (Take It Easy)" (French Version) (animated music video)
  • "Happy Ending" (music video)
  • "Grace Kelly" (on Live at Later… with Jools Holland)
  • "Everybody's Talkin'" (Live at Ronnie Scott’s)
  • "Love Today" (Live at Ronnie Scott’s)
  • "A Long Way From Home" documentary

EASTER EGGS: - on the first page of the submenu 'Live From Paris' select 'Main Menu' then press the right button (one of the curved bits on screen should change color) and enter and you will see a short Big Girl animation.

-in the submenu 'A Long Way from Home' select 'Main Menu', press the right button (the apple will turn redder), then enter, and you will see an animation about the demand for pop stars.

-in the menu under 'Extras' select 'Main Menu', press right, then enter, and you will see a short animation on "Love Today".

ESTIMATED SALES: certified Gold in the UK, which denotes sales in excess of 25,000 music dvds

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS: This DVD was not nominated for any awards.

TITLE INFO: -

QUOTES: -

OTHER INFO: only released on DVD -- "Using 10 cameras and shot in high definition, the DVD also features a documentary chronicling Mika's escapades throughout his much heralded world tour, a highly-raved-about romp that the caused San Francisco Chronicle to proclaim the star ‘an incredible showman’." -- The liner notes say, "Thank you to my family and my extended musical family, at home and on the road." -- Documentary subtitles are in English, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. -- For more information about the original versions of the individual tracks, please see the extended info posts for their respective albums.

ARTWORK: Youri Lenquette - photography

DaWack (Yasmine Penniman), Mika, Richard Hogg - illustration and design

example of internal artwork 1 - example of internal artwork 2

COVER: DVD cover art - DVD back cover

----Live Parc Des Princes Paris----

DVD and Blu-ray release of Mika’s one-off Parc Des Princes stadium show in Paris, France before a crowd of 55,000 on July 4, 2008.

Reveal hidden contents

RELEASE DATE: November 10, 2008 in the UK and Europe, December 16, 2008 in the USA.

LENGTH: 2 hours

LIVE BAND:

Vocals, Piano - Mika

Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals - Mike Choi

Drums, Backing Vocals - Cherisse Ofusu-Osei

Guitar, Backing Vocals - Martin Waugh

Keyboards, Backing Vocals - David Whitmey

Backing Vocals - Sam Smith, Saranayde

DVD CREDITS:

Film Director - Janet Fraser Crook

Recorded At - Parc Des Princes

Record Company - Universal Island Records

Film Director - Russell Thomas

Producer/Executive Producer - Julie Jakobek

Documentary co-director and camera - Andreas Dermanis

Documentary producer and co-director - Joe Kane

TRACKLIST:

1. Intro
  2. "Relax (Take It Easy)"
  3. "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)"
  4. "My Interpretation"
  5. "Billy Brown"
  6. "Holy Johnny"
  7. "Any Other World"
  8. "Ring Ring"
  9. "Stuck In The Middle"
  10. "Rain"
  11. "Just Can't Get Enough"
  12. "Happy Ending"
  13. "Love Today"
  14. "Grace Kelly"
  15. Animal Play ("Teddy Bear’s Picnic")
  16. "Lollipop"
  17. "Grace Kelly" (Acoustic, in French)
  18. "Relax (Take It Easy)" (Rave)

BONUS FEATURES:

• Documentary - "Making Of The Parc Des Princes Show"
  • "Lollipop" (animated music video)
  • "Grace Kelly" - Live From "Jools Holland's Hootenanny", UK, 2007

EASTER EGGS: none found

ESTIMATED SALES: ?

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS: This DVD/Blu-Ray was not nominated for any awards.

QUOTES: ---On the 2008 Live Parc Des Princes Paris documentary his manager Iain Watt said, "He's [Mika] obviously involved in every single creative aspect of the show. He's put his heart and soul into it and you can see the dividends when we see the gig tonight."

---In an October 2008 Mikasounds blog post he said, "As many of you know we’ve been working on the DVD for the Paris show and its now finished. I thought I would share the new trailer with you guys. I’ve had a blast making this and hope you like it too."

---In an August 2009 article in Billboard magazine Mika said, "I wanted to do a show that was visually effective no matter how far away you were sitting and, unfortunately, that comes with a price tag. It's so rare to get to a stadium level on a first record, we were just like, 'Let's celebrate it. Let's have fun and do something incredible’."

OTHER INFO: It has been released on blu-ray, on DVD in a standard case with a small booklet of art and photos and on Deluxe DVD with a hard cover and larger booklet of photos and artwork. -- According to Play.com UK, the DVD was set to have two live presentations from the V Festival, but after the DVD was officially released no performances from the V Festival were included. -- The DVD has subtitles of the concert in English, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, and German. -- Amazon.com states that "...this was one of the most ambitious pop shows ever undertaken and included a host of twisted circus performers - flying clowns, tap dancing astronauts, a 100 foot Chinese Dragon, can-can dancing Big Girls and much, much more." -- An August 2009 article in Billboard magazine reported that the show featured $1.3 million worth of acrobats, clowns and associated stage production. -- The article in the DVD liner notes booklet was written by Matthew Todd, editor of Attitude magazine. -- For more information about the original versions of the individual tracks, please see the extended info posts for their respective albums.

ARTWORK: -

COVER: DVD cover art - Blu-Ray back cover

----MIKA ET L’ORCHESTRE SYMPHONIQUE DE MONTRÉAL----

16-track stand-alone disc of the live recording of Mika and L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal recorded in February 2015 and released in some countries (Canada, Korea, and Japan) in November 2015. In France and Italy it was released with the No Place In Heaven re-issue double album as a 14-track disc.

Reveal hidden contents

RELEASE DATE: November 13, 2015

DATES RECORDED: February 10, 11, and/or 12th, 2015

RECORDED AT: Maison Symphonique de Montréal at the Place Des Arts in Montreal, Quebec

TOTAL LENGTH: 1 hour & 9 mins

LABEL: Universal

PRODUCED BY: -

SINGLES: n/a

BASIC TRACKLIST:

1. "Toy Boy"
  2. "Grace Kelly"
  3. "Underwater"
  4. "Boum Boum Boum"
  5. "Relax (Take It Easy)"
  6. "Last Party"
  7. "Origin Of Love"
  8. "Ordinary Man" (does not appear on the disc with the re-issue album)
  9. "Happy Ending"
  10. "Heroes" (does not appear on the disc with the re-issue album)
  11. "Over My Shoulder"
  12. "Good Guys"
  13. "Rain"
  14. "Any Other World"
  15. "Love Today"
  16. "Elle Me Dit" (the audience clap & sing-along version from the 3rd night)

CREDITS:

Recorded by - Musicom Productions/Carl Talbot

Assistant recording engineers - Jeremy Tusz, Christopher Johns, François Goupil, Stéphane Brochu

Mixed by - Frank Filipetti at The Living Room

Mastered by - Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound

CHART POSITIONS: The separately released disc charted in Canada, peaking at #40.

ESTIMATED SALES: -

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS: This album was not nominated for any awards.

QUOTES: ---In his interview with Pénélope McQuade for Radio-Canada in July 2015, Mika said, "we recorded all the three nights and we selected the 11 best songs, they're mixing right now, to release an album I hope this year."

---On Mika’s interview with Radio Contact on September 24, 2015 he said, "the next album I'll release is a symphonic album. I was listening to the mixes today in my car, and they are absolutely great. That's one of the best things I have ever done in my whole life. I'm extremely proud of this album, it is sumptuous and it is really different."

OTHER INFO: For more information about the original versions of the individual tracks, please see the extended info posts for their respective albums. -- Not all the songs Mika and the orchestra performed at the concert appear on this disc and they are not in the order in which they were performed. The songs NOT on this disc are: the opening overture written by Simon Leclerc that the symphony played before Mika came on, "Karen (82 Rue des Martyrs)", "Overrated", "Love You When I'm Drunk", "Make You Happy" and the normal symphony version of "Elle Me Dit" that they did all three nights (with no audience participation); "Ordinary Man" and "Heroes" appear only on the stand-alone album. -- Please see the No Place In Heaven post for more information about the re-issue that came together with the L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal disc, and see the extended entry for Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal (OSM) for more about the orchestra and Mika’s concerts with them.

ARTWORK: Yasmine Penniman, Mika and Paolo De Francesco for moltimedia.it - artwork & design

Antoine Saito - orchestra photos

COVER: stand alone album cover

----Mika Love Paris - Live à Bercy----

~~~~~~~~~~~~more info to be added soon~~~~~~~~~~~~

DVD and Blu-ray release of Mika’s May 2016 concert at AccorHotels Arena (formerly known as Bercy Arena). A shortened version with several songs not shown was screened at cinemas in France in October 2016, and broadcast on TV in a few countries.

Reveal hidden contents

RELEASE DATE: December 9, 2016

LENGTH: ---- hours

LIVE BAND:

Vocals, Piano - Mika

Bass Guitar, Vocals - Max Taylor

Drums - Ed Carlile

Guitar - Tristan Delavois Cassel

Keyboards, Musical Director - Curtis Stanfield

Percussion, Vocals - Joy Joseph

DVD CREDITS:

Show Concept - Mika and Job Smeets

Designed by Studio Job

Show Director and Choreographer - Stephane Jarny

Artistic Direction - Job Smeets

Designs - Nynke Tynagel

Mika’s Costumes - Maison Valentino

Mika’s Shoes - Christian Louboutin

Stylist - Joanie Penniman

Additional Art Direction - Yasmine Penniman

Graphics & Creative Direction - Carolina Stamerra Grassi for MATI

Directed by - Alexandre Buisson and Sébastien Lefebvre

Director of Photography - Madjid Hakimi

Assistant Director - Alexandre Cauwel

Recorded at - AccorHotels Arena in Paris, France

Record Company - Barclay

Producers - Fabrice Bigio, Naelle Samri

Show Director and Choreographer - Stephane Jarny

String Quartet Arranger and Conductor - Olivier Schultheis

Acrobat - Enzo Pebre

Production Manager - Mark Edwards

Montage Video Clip Paris - Andreas Dermanis

Mixers - Eric Spring, Jeremy Wheatley, Curtis Stansfield, Guilain Ranouil

See photo of booklet for complete credits.

TRACKLIST:

1. "Le Cheval"
  2. "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)"
  3. "Talk About You"
  4. "Good Wife"
  5. "Grace Kelly"
  6. "Rain"
  7. "Boum Boum Boum"
  8. "Les Baisers Perdus"
  9. "Good Guys"
  10. "Origin Of Love"
  11. "Relax, Take It Easy"
  12. "Staring At The Sun"
  13. "Underwater"
  14. "Lollipop"
  15. "Stardust"
  16. "Happy Ending"
  17. "Elle Me Dit"
  18. "We Are Golden"
  19. "Last Party"
  20. "J’Ai Deux Amours"
  21. "Love Today"

BONUS FEATURES: "Good Wife" & "Stardust"

EASTER EGGS: ?

CHART POSITIONS: ---

ESTIMATED SALES: ---

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS: ---

QUOTES: ---Speaking about the project, Mika says "I wanted to celebrate Paris and all of it's people, to create a fantastical party to honour what we all love of the it. Everyone came alive on the night to express such great love for our hosting city."

OTHER INFO: The concert, also referred to as ‘Paris, I Love You’ and ‘Wonderland’, was seen live by over 15,000 spectators on May 27, 2016. It was a specially designed big spectacle with a set, designed by Studio Job, featuring a huge rolling Sacré-Cœur shaped cake, a giant throne for Mika, massive LED screens in the shape of the letters of his name, an illuminated outline of the Arc de Triomphe, and more. The show also featured a dancing 40-piece brass band, a small orchestra ensemble during "Underwater", a video shown on the massive screens of Mika out and about in Paris, and an aerial silks performer during "Les Baisers Perdus". -- For more information about the original versions of the individual tracks, please see the extended info posts for their respective albums.

ARTWORK: Front Cover Art - Paolo De Francesco for MoltiMedia and Mika

Photographer - Paolo De Francesco for MoltiMedia

M logo - Studio Job

Debout L’Amour flyer lyrics - Doriand

Art and Design - Yasmine Penniman and Mika, and Alex Hutchison for Free Barrabas

COVER: DVD cover art

----Sinfonia Pop----

DVD, Blu-ray, and DVD+2CD release (out worldwide May 27, 2016) of Mika’s October 2015 concert with the 65-piece Affinis Consort orchestra in Como, Italy. On May 13th MIKAVEVO posted a video called "MIKA - Grace Kelly (Mika: Sinfonia Pop) ft. L'Orchestra Sinfonica e Coro Affinis Consort" as a preview with links to buy the discs. The songs are in the order in which they were performed, although he opened the show with "Toy Boy" then re-performed it before the intermission because there was a mistake the first time. In Korea they released a version of the DVD+2CD that came with a set of 20 polaroid Mika photo cards.

Reveal hidden contents

LENGTH: 109 minutes

RELEASED BY: Eagle Rock Entertainment

LIVE BAND: conducted by Simon Leclerc, backing vocals by Max Taylor and Jeanette Olsson

DVD CREDITS: -

TRACKLIST:

DVD/BLU-RAY (released worldwide)

1. Overture written by Simon Leclerc (performed by Affinis Consort)
  2. "Underwater" (live with Affinis Consort)
  3. "Boum Boum Boum" (live with Affinis Consort)
  4. "Rain" (live with Affinis Consort)
  5. "Last Party" (live with Affinis Consort)
  6. "Overrated" (live with Affinis Consort)
  7. "Any Other World" (live with Affinis Consort)
  8. "Love You When I’m Drunk" (live with Affinis Consort)
  9. "Ordinary Man" (live with Affinis Consort)
  10. "Heroes" (live with Affinis Consort)
  11. "Toy Boy" (live with Affinis Consort)
  12. "Grace Kelly" (live with Affinis Consort)
  13. "Over My Shoulder" (live with Affinis Consort)
  14. "Good Guys" (live with Affinis Consort)
  15. "Make You Happy" (live with Affinis Consort)
  16. "Happy Ending" (live with Affinis Consort)
  17. "Origin Of Love" (live with Affinis Consort)
  18. "Relax, Take It Easy" (live with Affinis Consort)
  19. "Elle Me Dit" (live with Affinis Consort)
  20. "Love Today" (live with Affinis Consort)
  21. "Stardust" (live with Affinis Consort)

BONUS FEATURES: Mika interview and Simon Leclerc interview and English subtitles

DVD+2CD (released in most of Europe)

DVD

Same as DVD/Blu-Ray tracklisting

CD 1

1. Overture by Simon Leclerc (performed by Affinis Consort)
  2. "Underwater" (live with Affinis Consort)
  3. "Boum Boum Boum" (live with Affinis Consort)
  4. "Rain" (live with Affinis Consort)
  5. "Last Party" (live with Affinis Consort)
  6. "Overrated" (live with Affinis Consort)
  7. "Any Other World" (live with Affinis Consort)
  8. "Love You When I’m Drunk" (live with Affinis Consort)
  9. "Ordinary Man" (live with Affinis Consort)
  10. "Heroes" (live with Affinis Consort)

CD 2

1. "Toy Boy" (live with Affinis Consort)
  2. "Grace Kelly" (live with Affinis Consort)
  3. "Over My Shoulder" (live with Affinis Consort)
  4. "Good Guys" (live with Affinis Consort)
  5. "Make You Happy" (live with Affinis Consort)
  6. "Happy Ending" (live with Affinis Consort)
  7. "Origin Of Love" (live with Affinis Consort)
  8. "Relax, Take It Easy" (live with Affinis Consort)
  9. "Elle Me Dit" (live with Affinis Consort)
  10. "Love Today" (live with Affinis Consort)
  11. "Stardust" (live with Affinis Consort)

EASTER EGGS: -

ESTIMATED SALES: -

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS: -

TITLE INFO: The title translates from Italian to "Pop Symphony".

QUOTES: ---

OTHER INFO: On the amazon.com listing it describes the release: "filmed in the elegant surroundings of the 19th century Teatro Sociale in Como, Italy, this amazing show features MIKA performing all his best-loved songs accompanied by a full orchestra conducted by Simon Leclerc. The show is a perfect fusion of pop and orchestral and includes tracks from his most recent album, the critically acclaimed 'No Place In Heaven', alongside hits from across his hugely successful career. As ever, MIKA is a charming and amiable host and is clearly in his element interacting with the orchestra and conductor Simon Leclerc. This is a magical performance captured in beautiful surroundings and not to be missed." -- For more information about the original versions of the individual tracks, please see the extended info posts for their respective albums.

ARTWORK:

Peter Lindbergh - cover photo

Yasmine Penniman, Mika, Paolo de Francesco - art design

Paolo De Francesco - live photos

example of internal artwork 1

COVER: all three front covers - all three back covers

----SONGS FOR SORROW EP----

Mika’s limited edition EP of four songs. The physical edition came with a special 68-page hardcover book that featured lyrics and illustrations by some of Mika’s favourite artists and designers who created their works based on the song lyrics. It was released in digital form on May 15, 2009, and in a limited edition book & CD physical form on June 8, 2009 which sold exclusively at mikasounds.com, and Paul Smith and Lanvin stores worldwide.

Hide contents

RELEASE DATE: May 15, 2009 (digital) & June 8, 2009 (physical)

DATES RECORDED: ?

RECORDED AT: Rocket Carousel Studios in Los Angeles, Olympic Studios in London, and Capitol Studios in Los Angeles by Luke Touzor, Mo Hausler and Steven Churchyard

LENGTH: 15:08

LABEL: Casablanca

PRODUCED BY: Greg Wells, Mika

BASIC TRACKLIST:

1. "Toy Boy"
  2. "Lonely Alcoholic"
  3. "Blue Eyes"
  4. "Lady Jane"

ESTIMATED SALES: 15,000 physical copies

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS: This EP was not nominated for any awards.

LAUNCH/LISTENING PARTIES: Launch party on November 11, 2009 in London at Lanvin with his family and many famous people in attendance including Alber Elbaz, Stephen Jones, Christian Louboutin, Trish Goff, Lucas Ossendrijver, Dinos Chapman, and others.

TOURS: acoustic tour in Europe and NYC in summer of 2009

TITLE INFO: The EP received the name Songs For Sorrow because the theme of the songs is sorrow.

QUOTES: ---When asked "What about the 64-page hardcover book for the Songs For Sorrow EP?" in a February 2010 interview with www.musictalk4u.com, Mika said "...We sat down and I had this idea. My sister [Yasmine] said it was going to be really hard and no one is going to want to do it. And if we ask someone else to put it together, everyone will say no. But if I put it together myself, all these artists will say yes. So I was calling up and e-mailing all these different artists from around the world completely cold, I had no introductions to them. I found them on the Internet or by galleries. One of the artists I discovered through a TV show, so I was calling up the TV company to get in touch with the artist and I just called them up and I explained who I was. Some of them knew who I was, some of them didn’t. I said, I have no money to pay you but this is what I want to do. But we did it. It took nine months but we pulled it off. We had a concept and we knew we wanted to make a small beautiful little project that we wouldn’t advertise. And the beauty of it was that we never launched it and we sold 15,000 copies and 7,000 of those copies were sold through a waiting list before because people had heard me write about it on my blog but hadn’t even seen it. It’s really important because no matter what happens in my career, to keep on doing small beautiful projects that are not done for money but are just done to inspire me and my sister, but also my fans, now I realise, they have to be inspired as well. It puts them in the context of everything I like to do."

---In May 2009 a Belgian newspaper said a drawing from another artist was worrying: two children walking next to a tree with a noose hanging from it. Yasmine laughed and said, "In the first version the two children were standing under that rope looking up, and there were no monkeys jumping around in the branches yet. Mika asked the artist to make it a bit less dark."

OTHER INFO: The song "Blue Eyes" was used to promote the EP, and was A-listed on the BBC Radio 2 playlist. -- Before the EP’s release some sources reported that some art and/or the cover would be done by Indian fashion designer Manish Arora.

ARTWORK:

-song illustrators-

*********** Artist  -  "Song"  -  Page #(s)*****

Al Columbia "Toy Boy" 18-19 ***** Alber Elbaz "Lady Jane" 59

DaWack (Yasmine Penniman) "Toy Boy" 25 ********** DaWack "Blue Eyes" 46-47

David McKee "Toy Boy" 20-21 ***** David McKee "Lonely Alcoholic" 38-39

Es Devlin "Toy Boy" 28 ********* Huck Scarry "Lady Jane" 54-55

Jim Medway "Toy Boy" 26-27 ***** Jim Woodring "Toy Boy" 13-17

Kerascoët "Blue Eyes" 42-45 ***** Kerascoët "Lady Jane" 60

Nilesh Mistry "Lady Jane" 61-66 ***** Paul Smith "Lady Jane" 58

Peter Blake "Toy Boy" 22-23 ***** Richard Hogg "Lady Jane" 50-53

Sophie Blackall "Lady Jane" 56-57 ***** Tao Nyeu "Lonely Alcoholic" 32-37

Walter Van Beirendonck "Toy Boy" 24

-other artwork-

Alex Hutchinson - design and layout

DaWack (Yasmine Penniman) - additional design and layout

Jim Woodring - front cover and endpapers

Mika - concept and art direction

Richard Hogg - additional design and layout

COVER: EP cover art

SFS SONGS : SEE TBWKTM POST FOR MORE INFO ABOUT "BLUE EYES" AND "TOYBOY"!

Lady Jane

Song which appears on the Songs For Sorrow EP as the 2nd track, on The Boy Who Knew Too Much Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks as the 13th track, and on The Boy Who Knew Too Much Summer Edition Bonus Tracks as the 15th track. A live performance of the song also appears on the Live at Sadler's Wells Bonus Disc that came with some editions of The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

OFFICIAL VIDEO: n/a

LYRICS: lyrics

CREDITS: Written by Mika

LENGTH: 3:20

REMIXES: n/a

PLAYED LIVE: The first time was at Passionskirche, in Berlin Germany on June 1, 2009.

USED IN: -

MIKA'S OTHER NOTABLE VERSIONS: with the King’s Singers at Mencap Little Noise sessions on November 18, 2009

PERFORMED ON TV: Mika performed “Lady Jane” during his recorded-for-TV mini concert at Le Comedy Club in Paris on November 10, 2009, but I don’t think the song was broadcast on the TV show.

COVERED BY: -

QUOTES: ---In the AskAnything Q&A in September 2013 someone asked Mika "What does your song ‘Lady Jane’ mean to you?" and he replied, "’Lady Jane’ is a gothic fairytale. It means, it’s about a woman that has a special power. She can walk on water. She meets this man who falls in love with her. She walks on water to show off in front of him. He chases after her to get her and he drowns because he can’t swim. And she gets upset so she chops off her feet and jumps in the water with him. It sounds like I’m completely insane when I’m describing the song but it’s really good. Uh, just listen to it and I won’t seem as mad as I do now."

OTHER INFO: The art illustrating this song was done by Sophie Blackall, Alber Elbaz, Richard Hogg, Kerascoët, Nilesh Mistry, Huck Scarry, and Paul Smith. -- An article about Mika said this song was "based on music by Schubert and a story by Goethe".

Lonely Alcoholic

Song which appears on the Songs For Sorrow EP as the 3rd track, as a b-side on some editions of the "We Are Golden" single, on The Boy Who Knew Too Much Summer Edition Bonus Tracks as the 16th track. A live performance of the song also appears on the Live at Sadler's Wells Bonus Disc that came with some editions of The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

OFFICIAL VIDEO: n/a

LYRICS: lyrics

CREDITS: Written by Mika

LENGTH: 3:09

REMIXES: n/a

PLAYED LIVE: The first time was on June 8, 2009 at Sadler's Wells in London, England. After only playing this song live a few times in 2009, Mika resurrected it for his February 2016 Asian Tour.

USED IN: -

MIKA'S OTHER NOTABLE VERSIONS: -

PERFORMED ON TV: -

COVERED BY: -

QUOTES: ---In an Austrian radio interview on September 17, 2009 Mika said, "It's about a catch 22... a vicious circle, it's like an endless circle. The opening verse talks about a man who complains that he's lonely, but he's only lonely because he drinks so much and he can't get himself out of this circle... The inspiration for that song started off in one of my old local pubs in London and I used to go there all the time and this man started to go there and he was this very mean, aggressive man and he was there from 10 o'clock in the morning until midnight or whenever it closed, 11pm. And he's so horrible to me, he turned all the staff of the pub against me... He was always alone, and he was a real bastard and so I called him 'the lonely alcoholic' for a while, and I wrote, sitting in the pub, I wrote this little poem in my head aimed at him and it was 'you're a lonely alcoholic with a tendency to whine'--as in to like whinge and whine--'but you speak it and you also drink it and you bore us all the time. You say you drink out of your sorrow for you've got no one to love, but tell me who could cuddle up to a lonely alcoholic', and that was the beginning of the song."

OTHER INFO: The art illustrating this song was done by David McKee and Tao Nyeu.

----SONGBOOK VOL 1----

Songbook Vol. 1 - I più grandi successi is a "greatest hits" compilation album of Mika's singles from 2007-2013, released following Mika's appointment as a judge on the Italian version of The X Factor. The version of "Stardust" (featuring Chiara), and the pop edit version of "Happy Ending" are exclusive to this release, and do not appear on any of Mika's other albums. Mastered by Antonio Baglio.

Reveal hidden contents

RELEASE DATE: November 18, 2013 in Italy

DATES RECORDED: various

RECORDED AT: various

TOTAL LENGTH: 52:08

LABEL: Island Records Group, Casablanca Records, Universal Records

PRODUCED BY: Executive producers - Greg Wells, Nick Littlemore | Associate producers - Jodi Marr, John Merchant

BASIC TRACKLIST:

1. "Relax (Take It Easy)" 3:43
  2. "Grace Kelly" 3:08
  3. "Stardust" (featuring Chiara) 3:24
  4. "Celebrate" (featuring Pharrell Williams) 3:06
  5. "We Are Golden" 3:58
  6. "Origin Of Love" (new version) 3:13
  7. "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" 4:07
  8. "Rain" 3:44
  9. "Underwater" 3:10
  10. "Popular Song" (featuring Ariana Grande) 3:18
  11. "Blame It On The Girls" 3:34
  12. "Live Your Life" 2:58
  13. "Love Today" 3:54
  14. "Kick Ass" (featuring RedOne) 3:13
  15. "Happy Ending" (LA Edit) 3:35

OTHER VERSIONS: The digital edition contains four more songs than the CD. In addition, iTunes, Amazon and Deezer had exclusive versions with one of three French songs.

16. "Lollipop" 3:01

17. "Stardust" [benny Benassi Mix] 3:03

18. "Any Other World" (songbook version) 4:09

19. "Blue Eyes" 2:48

20. "Karen (82 Rue des Martyrs)" 3:57 (iTunes) OR "L'Amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps" 4:06 (Deezer) OR "Un Soleil Mal Luné" 3:06 (Amazon)

CHART POSITIONS: After debuting at number four on the Italian Albums Chart, Songbook Vol. 1 peaked at number two in Italy during its second week.

ESTIMATED SALES: The album was certified double platinum by the Federation of the Italian Music Industry, denoting sales in excess of 120,000 units in Italy.

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS: This album was not nominated for any awards.

QUOTES: ---"Do not call it ‘Best of’, that horrifies me: it's my family of crazy songs, my version of how to write pop music, in the only way that fills me with happiness," Mika said in Italian magazine GIOIA November 23, 2013.

---"‘Any Other World’ is in the digital version, for me it's very important, it is one of the first songs that I wrote. It has never been a single, but it helped me to find my own style," Mika explained in Sorrisi e Canzoni in December 2013.

OTHER INFO: "I più grandi successi" translates to "the greatest hits". -- For more information about the individual tracks, please see the extended info posts for his albums and other songs. -- This Songbook Vol 1 album is not to be confused with the sheet music songbooks published by Hal Leonard for each of Mika’s first three albums.

ARTWORK:

Luca Cattoretti - photos

Giuseppe Cirillo - song drawings

Paolo de Francesco - design and layout

Alessandro Pautasso - cover illustration

Paolo De Francesco and Mika - concept

example of internal artwork 1

COVER: album cover art - back cover

BACK TO FIRST POST

(about the "Songbook "):  it would have been nice here to have a visual reference of all the artwork for each song in the songbook; i never saw anything thou i know about it for many years now; sometimes i even wander if it did really existed ...

• 5 months later...

Hi Dee, may I ask a question ?

Is "Napster Live Session EP" in the Mikapedia ? I couldn't find it.

Napster Live Session EP ( December 18, 2006 )

Spotify

Interview

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Hi Dee, may I ask a question ?

Is "Napster Live Session EP" in the Mikapedia ? I couldn't find it.

Napster Live Session EP ( December 18, 2006 )

Yes, please everyone ask all the questions you want! it's good motivation.

hmmm i don't think I do! Thank you for bringing this to my attention :thumb_yello: 

BTW, i've been working on the mikapedia again for the past several weeks. there's soooo much to enter tho w/ Casa Mika and It's My House and Pilot and The Voice and all, but I'm aiming to post all the updates around christmas

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3

TAH DAH!

i had to manually add all spoilers but finally i finished posting all my updates

:yay:

DONE IN THE WEEKS OF 11/25/2017 - 12/25/2017: added more than 115 new entries and 15 or more extended info topics (including info related to It’s My House, Pilot, Art Of Song (info about Boxing Day’s episode not added yet), The Voice, X Factor UK, Stasera Casa Mika season 2, Salma Ya Salama, and more). i added mentions of the Mika <3 Paris dvd and his CasaMika performances to each song’s extended entry when applicable, made edits and updates to countless older entries, added links to photos of credits for DVDs and CDs in 3 instances where they're too long to list them all, split covers into two info posts: one for Mika’s covers he did alone and one for covers he did as duets, fixed typos throughout, and more…

NEWLY ADDED ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES: +30 Studios; Alfa System; Amore Disperato; Anninnia Anninnia; Another Lullaby; Argentero, Luca; Ashforth, Richard; Ballandi Multimedia; Bellè, Valentina; Bennato, Edoardo; Bevan, Fiona; Bisio, Claudio; Bocchini, Riccardo; Boni, Alessio; Borghese, Alessandro; Both Sides Now; Bould, Miles; The Boy Who Comes From The Future; Bruni, Carla; Campo Dall'Orto, Antonio; Can’t Take My Eyes Off You; Caparezza; Casa Verdi; Celentano, Adriano; Chiaravalle, Valeriano; Chiatti, Laura; Ci Vuole Orecchio; Clean Bandit; Clericetti, Martino; Colabona, Sergio; Comme Un Garçon; Dalida; Dalla, Lucio; Dallatana, Ilaria; d'Ambrosio, Francesco; Disney; Donna; E La Vita, La Vita; Elisa; Elisir d'Amore; Endrigo, Sergio; Eufonia di Gavoi; Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic; Fogiel, Marc-Olivier; Fortissimo; Gabardini, Carlo G.; Gabbani, Francesco; Gheghi, Francesco; Giffoni International Film Festival; Gil, Gilberto; Gomm, Luke; Grech-Marguerat, Dan; Gregory; Guanciale, Lino; Ice Cream Man; I Miss You; Io Che Amo Solo Te; It’s My House; Jannacci, Enzo; Jesus To A Child; Joumas, Audrey; The Kolors; La Canzone Intelligente; La Casa; L'Anno Che Verrà'; L'isola Che Non C'è; Littizzetto, Luciana; The Long and Winding Road; Longman, James; Luca e Paolo; Maalouf, Ibrahim; Madama Butterfly; Maebe, Wes; Magnani, Anna; Malinga, Vula; Mannoia, Fiorella; Margiotta, Roberta; Mattei, Maria Concetta; Mchangama, Imane; Melato, Mariangela; Messina, Piero; Mika: The Art Of Song; Miloco The Square; Money, Money; Mullarkey, Robin; Negramaro; No Woman, No Cry; Obispo, Pascal; One Of Us; Palmer, Daisy; Pavone, Rita; Peskett, Phil; Piazza Grande; Pilot; Pink;Quantum Special Effects; Quarmby, Jonathan; Ranieri, Massimo; Reilly, Brendan; Rich, Denise; The Robots; Rose d’Or; Rossi, Serena; Salma Ya Salama; Sanremo Song Festival; Sastri, Lina; Scamarcio, Riccardo; Se Bruciasse La Città; Sheridan, Shez; The SugaZz; Svalutation; Tenco, Luigi; Thomson, Nichol; Turner, Lyndsey; Valle, Anna; Vedrai, Vedrai; Via Con Me; Vinel, Vincent; Walsh, Louis; Williams, Ralph Vaughan; Wilson, Damon; Without Her; Yesterday.

NEWLY ADDED EXTENDED INFO ENTRIES: Both Sides Now; Io Che Amo Solo Te; It’s My House; Jesus To A Child; Carole King; La Canzone Intelligente; Mika: The Art Of Song; Joni Mitchell; Money, Money; Peugeot; Salma Ya Salama; Stasera Casa Mika season 2; Vincent Vinel; Without Her; Yesterday; You’ve Got A Friend.

:shocked:

UP NEXT: my to-do list is grows ever longer.... Just a few of the things on it include: adding more quotes especially about/by the guests on his TV show, adding new info about Pilot and from the 2 newest Mika’s radio shows, more researching in old interviews and videos, adding more support bands and other info to past tour dates document, adding common mis-titles/alternate titles to song extended info?, moving more stuff around in extended posts because i don’t like the order, adding more photos, updating the list of charities in his bio, adding to extended info people's bios & adding more bits of other info, adding new encyclopedia entries including those from the to be added list, maybe for funsies i might make a copy of the tour dates list and color code it by country, etc....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dee ! :bye:

mikas-collaboration-with-pilot/?do=findComment&comment=4116363

Pilot by Mika

Filming data

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

TAH DAAAAH!

in honor of my impending 7th Mikaversary i bring you...

UPDATES!!!!!

:mika2:

DONE IN THE WEEKS OF 11/25/2017 - 6/24/2018: added more than 35 new entries and 8 or more extended info topics (including info related to his Shiina Ringo cover, Pilot, The Voice, Mika's dinner with the President of France, his Radio Italia Live & Stade de France gigs, and more). I made edits and updates to countless older entries, rearranged some information, added links to photos of various stuff, added a post for songs by other artists which feature Mika, fixed typos throughout, might add links to MFC threads like song discussions and certain events, worked on the post for the new album even though we don't have any details yet cuz i'm excited, and more…

NEWLY ADDED ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES: Lily Allen, Richard Boll, California, Casanova, C’est Quoi Ce Bonheur, Claire Chazal, Craig Ciccone, Sophie Delila, Florence, Goodbye Stranger, Leo Green, Guillaume, Julian Hargreaves, Monica Hill, Trevor Horn, Mennel Ibtissem, L’Italiano (Lasciatemi Cantare), Frédéric Longbois, Lullaby Of Birdland, Brigitte Macron, Emmanuel Macron, Damiano Michieletto, Music Of The Night*, Nat, Danny O'Donoghue, Sherley Parédès, Allah-Rakha Rahman, RAK Studios, Ryan Riback, Rihanna, Shiina Ringo, Sarm, Sido To Hakuchūmu, Barbara Stefanelli, Téléthon for L'Association Française Contre les Myopathies, Alex Torjussen, Lucas Zanotto

NEWLY ADDED EXTENDED INFORMATION ENTRIES: Carla Bruni, Casanova, C’est Quoi Ce Bonheur, Florence, Marc-Olivier Fogiel, Goodbye Stranger, Heartbeat Slowing Down, Pilot

NEWLY ADDED EXTENDED INFORMATION POST: Featuring Mika

:sleep_1:?

Never!

UP NEXT: my to-do list is even more more more HUGE! Just a few of the things on it include: need to do something about his digial EPs like the Napster and iTunes ones, adding more quotes especially about/by the guests on his TV show, more researching in old interviews and videos, adding more artwork info for his singles, adding more support bands and other info to past tour dates document, moving more stuff around in extended posts because i want information in a more logical order, adding links to more photos, updating the list of awards in Mika’s bio, fixing some broken links i spotted but didn't have time to get to, adding to extended info people's bios & adding more bits of other info, adding new encyclopedia entries including those from the to be added list, and everything more....... though it might take another six months or so before i do any of this.

Edited by kreacher
  • Thanks 7

TAH DAAAAH!

:mikacool:

in honor of Mika's birthday i bring you...

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!!

:yay:

DONE IN THE WEEKS OF 6/24/2018 - 8/17/2018: I decided in order to make this more like an encyclopedia I merged all the extended information posts into the main Mikapedia!!! This entailed testing how it'd work, merging and rewriting some entries to reduce duplication of info, combining or splitting some songs w/ multiple versions, putting all the random info leftover from the extended post intro sections into one post, changing links, also integrating quotes, putting the integrated info into spoilers (each must be done manually when i post), and lots of other little changes. I added more info to the bio line of all the entries with extended info about people since most had almost nothing but Mika-related info. Also, instead of having just 2 video stills per music video i  made little collage things with 9 stills each for them all and made a GIF for each video too.

NEWLY ADDED ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES: none this time

UP NEXT: adding more quotes especially about/by the guests on his TV show, more researching in old interviews and videos, adding more support bands and other info to past tour dates document,  updating the list of awards in Mika’s bio, adding new encyclopedia entries including those from the to be added list, and everything more

Please, please give feedback about this new integrated format!!!

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3