MIKA in Rome for ZOOLANDER 2

Valmont69

We can argue about the artistic level of his recent products and projects. That has been done more than once (as well as about his former ones). He doesn't seem to care a lot about that or how things come across. Is that denial?  You might as well say it shows character.

Yes, I say it is denial because he literally says he doesn't likes fashion and tries to reframe it as something else (art). To me this is insecurity about what people think and an attempt to stay consistent with his 2007 image of someone who has his own style and is not obsessed with labels and the pretentious world of fashion. If he said "I love fashion, it's very important to me." it would be a different story. This is what I mean when I say he doesn't completely own it.

And it is the same with the TV shows. All of the illogical and contortionist explanations he came up with to convince people why doing reality TV is not a betrayal of the artist who wrote Grace Kelly were not about his enthusiasm for working on TV. It is not like saying that his new book is going to be really special or that some photographer who shot is album cover is best in the world.

And no, he is not impervious to mocking but neither is the gay politician, I think.  Awareness, irony or self-mockery/criticism don’t make you invulnerable. They probably make you more self-conscious and careful and that is not necessarily a  good thing for an artist.

I'm not sure what you mean by careful because this guy is not. He is a writer (not a politician) but his politics are very conservative. His audience are not exactly the type to support gay rights but he pre-empts all the gay slurs by calling his tour the Dangerous Faggot Tour, for example. If you genuinely own it and show people you don't care what they think then they are not going to see this as a personal vulnerability in which to attack you in lieu of engaging with you on the basis of your work alone. People criticize and protest him for his politics not because of his vanity or his sexuality. He is just using his vanity and sexuality to get attention for his political views.

Thank you Ingie and Christine for explaining clearly the true facts :flowers2: I don't think this should be blown out of proportion, although of course it is disappointing that Mika's part shrunk that much, but that's just the way the movie industry works, they shoot a lot and keep only what they want, so maybe some other time Mika will get a bigger part that will be kept or it won't happen, more generally I think the best for his career is that his songs are in movies's soundtracks so more people hear his music :thumb_yello:

I intend to go and see the movie because the bits I have seen seemed really funny.

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Yes, I say it is denial because he literally says he doesn't likes fashion and tries to reframe it as something else (art). To me this is insecurity about what people think and an attempt to stay consistent with his 2007 image of someone who has his own style and is not obsessed with labels and the pretentious world of fashion. If he said "I love fashion, it's very important to me." it would be a different story. This is what I mean when I say he doesn't completely own it.

And it is the same with the TV shows. All of the illogical and contortionist explanations he came up with to convince people why doing reality TV is not a betrayal of the artist who wrote Grace Kelly were not about his enthusiasm for working on TV. It is not like saying that his new book is going to be really special or that some photographer who shot is album cover is best in the world.

When Mika says he doesn’t like fashion I guess he means he doesn’t like to wear/design things because they are ín fashion i.e. because other people put pressure on you to wear/design them. And perhaps he also means that he doesn’t connect with many commercial and pretentious things that are going on in the fashion industry. I suppose that ‘artistic’ designers in his eyes are people that create entirely out of their own spirit (of course influenced by other artist) and not because they want to be famous, loved of rich. So those designers create art which he loves and the rest create fashion which he doesn’t like.

I don’t think that’s denial but I do find this separation between fashion/art a bit artificial and pretentious. There are many artistic elements in fashion and he would make it easier on himself if he would use a broader definition of fashion (including the artistic parts), embrace the good things and reject or explain what parts he doesn’t like.

About the inconsistency: he is still very much interested in having his own style (if he’s successful is another discussion) and he still encourages others to create their own style. He has been quite consistent in this view, I believe. Although I am a fairly recent fan (2014), so I don’t know for sure. I don’t think he’s obsessed with labels or the fashion world , he’s obsessed with "Creativity" and "Excellence".

But you are right, there is an element of insecurity in his distancing himself of the main fashion industry (as there is in the emphasizing of the specialty of all his projects and co-workers). I think his insecurity is not about what other people think about him in general but about what he thinks of himself, judged by his own high standards and positively or negatively confirmed by what the people that he values think. (the “good guys” and the “geniuses”).

I'm not sure what you mean by careful because this guy is not. He is a writer (not a politician) but his politics are very conservative. His audience are not exactly the type to support gay rights but he pre-empts all the gay slurs by calling his tour the Dangerous Faggot Tour, for example. If you genuinely own it and show people you don't care what they think then they are not going to see this as a personal vulnerability in which to attack you in lieu of engaging with you on the basis of your work alone. People criticize and protest him for his politics not because of his vanity or his sexuality. He is just using his vanity and sexuality to get attention for his political views.

Sorry, I missed the “writer” part. What I mean by careful is that when you use self-mockery or irony, in a way you are (pre)defending yourself against the opinions of others. Or at the very least you are thinking about them which makes you less free. Yeah, you are disarming some possible hostile missiles but you are being influenced by attackers even before they have done anything.

In the writer's case though it is probably very useful, because, as you describe it, he separates his personal life from his writing and builds a fence of self-mockery around his person so they can’t use that to attack his political views. Even better, he gets attention by doing it

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 1

I got the feeling that Ben’s remarks were not just nice but a bit mocking as well. He said positive things but (as Yang said) they didn’t sound entirely sincere but as if he was making fun of Mika as well. For example: His music is very inspiring to me in the Zoolander world” . His eyes were laughing a lot during this remark. This is very subjective of course but apparently there are more people having this feeling. 

To be totally honest, my perception was that Ben Stiller was totally caught off-guard by the question. I'm sure he was expecting lots of questions about Zoolander and possibly some about his personal life, but for a random Mika fan to pop in with a question about what he probably thought was a throw-away cameo? I'm sure he wasn't expecting that sort of question at all! So I don't think his reply was ironic or nasty or nice at all... I think he was basically trying to come up with AN answer of any kind at all that wouldn't seem totally ignorant of what he'd been asked. Just the way I saw it. :dunno:

Again, no matter what reasons, it's never good to gossip behind people's back. I'm really really sorry I have done that. I will stop doing that on MFC. Unless it's like, we are really jealous of dcdeb ( :P ), or Hon is awesome translating the voice ( :flowers2: ), at least I will try my best to avoid saying negative things of other people behind the back. And if I feel hurt, shocking, confusing, or scary, I will just say it out, and try to let the other MFCer explain the real meaning behind the sentences/posts.

Jealous of *me*? Whatever for? :blink:  I wish I had something to be jealous of! LOL!

I know you want the best for him,but what if he doesn't want all that? What if he is perfectly happy the way he is right now? In fact he said it many times in interviews lately that he's happy with his life,and he's having fun,so maybe this is enough for him..... and maybe for many of us  :wink2:

You know, this is something that I struggle with, actually. What I want for Mika does not seem to be what Mika wants for Mika -- he may have wanted it at one time, but I really don't think he does any more.

And I have to get over that. I think maybe he IS happy with the way things are now, and he's not as concerned with breaking in the US or even in the UK now... he's content with the level of success and "fame" he has, he realizes that it's enough.

On the one hand, I'm happy for him -- many people never reach that point in their lives.

On the other hand, selfishly, I'm sad -- the less he puts himself out there, touring the US, the UK, making more music, the things that *I'd* like to see him do, the less likely I'll see him here, and the more likely I'll have to continue to travel if I want to see him live. And, to be honest, the more likely that I *won't* see him at all. :sad:

It's difficult really, because I originally thought that he would take the whole world by storm and now he seems content with just a very small part of it. But it's not my life, is it? :dunno:

• Like 8

To be totally honest, my perception was that Ben Stiller was totally caught off-guard by the question. I'm sure he was expecting lots of questions about Zoolander and possibly some about his personal life, but for a random Mika fan to pop in with a question about what he probably thought was a throw-away cameo? I'm sure he wasn't expecting that sort of question at all! So I don't think his reply was ironic or nasty or nice at all... I think he was basically trying to come up with AN answer of any kind at all that wouldn't seem totally ignorant of what he'd been asked. Just the way I saw it. :dunno:

Couldn't agree more, I don't think Stiller meant what he is saying...I don't it's nasty, but totally not nice at all..

Jealous of *me*? Whatever for? :blink:  I wish I had something to be jealous of! LOL!

You know, this is something that I struggle with, actually. What I want for Mika does not seem to be what Mika wants for Mika -- he may have wanted it at one time, but I really don't think he does any more.

And I have to get over that. I think maybe he IS happy with the way things are now, and he's not as concerned with breaking in the US or even in the UK now... he's content with the level of success and "fame" he has, he realizes that it's enough.

On the one hand, I'm happy for him -- many people never reach that point in their lives.

On the other hand, selfishly, I'm sad -- the less he puts himself out there, touring the US, the UK, making more music, the things that *I'd* like to see him do, the less likely I'll see him here, and the more likely I'll have to continue to travel if I want to see him live. And, to be honest, the more likely that I *won't* see him at all. :sad:

It's difficult really, because I originally thought that he would take the whole world by storm and now he seems content with just a very small part of it. But it's not my life, is it? :dunno:

and now it looks like China is his next direction, am just so envious of Italian and French fans  :swoon:

I feel like I should learn a new language but a linguist I am NOT :facepalm:

Exactly,thanks for putting it into the right words  :thumb_yello:  This is what I meant,that maybe OUR wishes are not necessarily HIS wishes regarding his life and career. Of course we all want for him to become worldwide known and successful,no one have doubts,but maybe he is just fine as he is right now,happy with his public and private life. Maybe his goal it's not to become a huge superstar who needs bodyguards at every step,he still can peacefully walk his dogs in park  :)

I remember he said in an interview that he is aware he won't ever be a mainstream artist for the US market,neither for the big radios,but he won't change for that.... Of course that all these are only suppositions,I will never know what's in his mind for real,or what are the hidden sides of music industry nowadays,I have no idea how this business works  :dunno:   Could be also possible that we might be a little bit biased,and his music being quite peculiar,and not suitable for the large masses? I know,tough question for a fan  :aah:

About the "other hand",you are right. If we are judging things from our perspective,of course it's a sad situation,and I'm sure that everyone of us has a little grain of selfishness deep down inside  :yes:  Who wouldn't be happy to attend his gigs without traveling around the world and spending a fortune for that? It would be ideal if he'd be invited in more countries,but I'm not sure if this is up to him,unfortunately  :sad:  I tried to contact some festivals from my country, ( our UNTOLD Festival got the Best Major European Festival award for 2015 ) and the answer was that they are mostly interested to invite DJs,because that's what people wants  -_-  But maybe fans from other countries will have more luck  :thumb_yello:

:yeah:

I had such hopes for him ....... :sad:

• Like 1

Seems he was aware of the scene being cut from the film. According to an interview in Hong Kong, that I guess is in the Asian Press thread.

Google translator :uk:

Scenes are cut

Comedy "Zoolande 2" invite a guest star as a cameo, which Mika had bearded like classic styling alleged role as a "Borat", but unfortunately missed the final boarding the big screen,

"I was with Ben Stiller (Ben Stiller) beat day play and compose music, but I was not in the movie, because after finishing, the story changed. I fully understand that the movie is so forward, after all, this is a crazy experience. "

If the opportunity at the right time after the shooting occurred, he happy participating.

Interview in Hong Kong hongkong.gif

Apple Daily

http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/entertainment/art/20160303/19513633

紅人主場:Mika瘋行香港

戲份被剪

笑 片《非常索凸務2》廣邀巨星紅模客串,其中Mika的鬍鬚造型被指似經典角色「波叔」,惜最終無緣登大銀幕,「我與賓史迪拿(Ben Stiller)拍了一天戲,並創作音樂,但我不在電影中,因為拍完後,劇情改變。我完全明白,電影就是這樣前行,畢竟這是一個瘋狂經驗。」如果之後拍攝 機會在合適時間出現,他樂於參演。

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

:yeah:

I had such hopes for him ....... :sad:

Yes it seems really strange in retrospect when he had more success at the time than all these people who were in his sphere - friends and admirers - that went on to become massive international stars and still are to this day. Calvin Harris, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Adele.

I think Mika is happy with his success and I am not because he is living in this echo chamber of Italian/French/South Korean adoration that doesn't penetrate my world at all but is probably just as satisfying to Mika as touring the UK in 2007. It doesn't matter to him who is in the audience shouting his name, it only matters to the fans who are or aren't there. I'm sure he had his moments when it felt like a failure to lose momentum in the UK/not break the US, but I'm also sure he doesn't sit around thinking about it anymore. It's like by the time you turn 37 you are not sitting around feeling the same angst of turning 30. You just adjust to being over 30 and move on with enjoying your life as much or more than you did in your 20s.

• Like 8

:

Very plausible explanation. He was definitely searching for things to say. Still, even if you're just saying anything because you have to answer the question, you pick certain words and there are undertones. To me in this fragment it was sympathy mixed with some irony. But since there's only said a few sentences in a vague and unreliable context (pers event), this doesn't say much. If there's indeed irony, it could be about Mika but just as well about the character Zoolander, about Ben Stiller himself, about the question or about the absurdity of life in general. Edited by Pascale

Yes it seems really strange in retrospect when he had more success at the time than all these people who were in his sphere - friends and admirers - that went on to become massive international stars and still are to this day. Calvin Harris, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Adele.

I like his current level of success, I like to see him performing at venues he does these days. His music fits well to theater/concert hall type of venues, he puts so much elegance and personality into his shows. I think he can (of course) do also bigger shows but I'm worried that doing big shows night after night would take some elegance/personality away or that at least I would enjoy them less. Also, I like him doing many different things (like a combination of symphony concerts, little tours here and there and some French summer festivals all during the same year). 

This is of course totally my selfish point of view. I understand that lack of big tours means he is skipping many countries and that for that reason many fans have to wait or they can't see him at all and I'm sorry for that. Also, I want him to be happy. So what you write in the quote above makes me wonder sometimes. I mean I wonder how he feels watching some of these people who had such a similar starting point with him but are now massive stars. 

He seems genuine saying he is happy with his life now and it does look he has made some personal choices. If he wanted success for example in the UK on any terms he would have done it differently, wouldn't he? This way he is a celebrity but can still have his privacy which is practical and something I imagine he can appreciate. But how does he feel thinking of some of those people who started at the same time with him?

It hurts me to think it might hurt him to think about all that. He deserved the same and I don't want him to feel bad. Not that I think he can't handle feeling a bit bad, I'm sure he can. It just my childish wish that he didn't need to do that.

I'm such a bad fan. I haven't watched the interview where Ben Stiller talks about Mika. I'm not sure I can bother especially if it's not even clear there's any drama at all, lol! 

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 5

I think Mika is happy with his success and I am not because he is living in this echo chamber of Italian/French/South Korean adoration that doesn't penetrate my world at all but is probably just as satisfying to Mika as touring the UK in 2007. It doesn't matter to him who is in the audience shouting his name, it only matters to the fans who are or aren't there. I'm sure he had his moments when it felt like a failure to lose momentum in the UK/not break the US, but I'm also sure he doesn't sit around thinking about it anymore. It's like by the time you turn 37 you are not sitting around feeling the same angst of turning 30. You just adjust to being over 30 and move on with enjoying your life as much or more than you did in your 20s.

It is true that they all started almost the same time and became huge, but there are so many other artists whose record sales are even weaker than Mika's. For exemple Leona Lewis, James Morrison and Hurts (they started couple of years later) released a new album last year and their record sales are very low. However, LL and James Morrison are touring in UK and Hurts lot in Europe, but in smaller theaters. They don't get much radio play in UK (like Mika doesn't eather) but they try to survive and find their public as well as Mika does. Perhaps, Mika would be in their situation (not being a superstar anywhere) if he hadn't done what he did in France and Italy.

• Like 3

He was definitely searching for things to say. Still, even if you're just saying anything because you have to answer the question, you pick certain words and there are undertones. To me in this fragment it was sympathy mixed with some irony.

We are not going to resolve what Ben Stiller truly thinks about Mika since we can't read minds. But the reason Ingie and I jumped into this comversation is because fans were reacting as if Ben Stiller behaved rudely or disrespectfully towards Mika and he didn't. As far as I'm concerned this is indisputable. If anyone interprets it that way then I'd have to say they do not fully grasp American/English culture especially as it pertains to comedians and/or are oversensitive to what people think about Mika to the point of irrationality. Fortunately Mika does get American comedy. He loves Seinfeld, Larry David and Zoolander and he let Ben Stiller dress him up like a Borat double for heaven's sake. A character that Mika also looks remarkably similar to but is far less complimentary than being compared to a character who is a supermodel. He is not only stupid but unnattractive as well. :naughty:

I don't know how what Ingie said quickly derailed into a discussion about Ingie not thinking Mika is perfect...the point is if Ben Stiller doesn't think Mika is the greatest human being on earth it doesn't make him a jerk. All that matters is what he actually said and he didn't say anything bad about Mika.

If he wanted success for example in the UK on any terms he would have done it differently, wouldn't he?

Yes he does not seem at all prepared to live the life that big international popstars do. Adele is really the only one out there who doesn't have to hustle non stop every single year to keep her career afloat. But no one else has that luxury and even in Adele's case she is sacrificing this entire year to promo and touring. I am not sure if she'll ever do it again because her son will be in school by the time she can release another album.

It is true that they all started almost the same time and became huge, but there are so many other artists whose record sales are even weaker than Mika's. For exemple Leona Lewis, James Morrison and Hurts (they started couple of years later) released a new album last year and their record sales are very low. However, LL and James Morrison are touring in UK and Hurts lot in Europe, but in smaller theaters. They don't get much radio play in UK (like Mika doesn't eather) but they try to survive and find their public as well as Mika does. Perhaps, Mika would be in their situation (not being a superstar anywhere) if he hadn't done what he did in France and Italy.

Yes there are hundreds of artists whose popularity fizzles out. But the reason I talked about Katy Perry et al is because they were friends and admirers of Mika's work, not just random singers. Calvin Harris used to create mixes of Mika's songs. If he did that now and put it on one of his own albums it could be a real international hit for Mika. When Adele and Lady Gaga met Mika they were already huge fans. Lady Gaga used to write messages on his MySpace wall when she was unknown and I remember Adele talking to a TV presenter at the 2008 BRIT Awards (which was her first big public showcase) saying she was looking around backstage for Mika, hoping to meet him and saying she thought he was cute. When Mika can make fans of all these people who turned into huge international pop stars it seems absurd that his career went the way of Leona Lewis, who is just an X Factor winner when it comes down to it.

I get what you're saying though about Mika being in a better position than James Morrison because of his success in parts of mainland Europe. He has a lot more going for him than they do.

We are not going to resolve what Ben Stiller truly thinks about Mika since we can't read minds. But the reason Ingie and I jumped into this comversation is because fans were reacting as if Ben Stiller behaved rudely or disrespectfully towards Mika and he didn't. As far as I'm concerned this is indisputable. If anyone interprets it that way then I'd have to say they do not fully grasp American/English culture especially as it pertains to comedians and/or are oversensitive to what people think about Mika to the point of irrationality. Fortunately Mika does get American comedy. He loves Seinfeld, Larry David and Zoolander and he let Ben Stiller dress him up like a Borat double for heaven's sake. A character that Mika also looks remarkably similar to but is far less complimentary than being compared to a character who is a supermodel. He is not only stupid but unnattractive as well. :naughty:

I don't know how what Ingie said quickly derailed into a discussion about Ingie not thinking Mika is perfect...the point is if Ben Stiller doesn't think Mika is the greatest human being on earth it doesn't make him a jerk. All that matters is what he actually said and he didn't say anything bad about Mika.

Yes he does not seem at all prepared to live the life that big international popstars do. Adele is really the only one out there who doesn't have to hustle non stop every single year to keep her career afloat. But no one else has that luxury and even in Adele's case she is sacrificing this entire year to promo and touring. I am not sure if she'll ever do it again because her son will be in school by the time she can release another album.

Yes there are hundreds of artists whose popularity fizzles out. But the reason I talked about Katy Perry et al is because they were friends and admirers of Mika's work, not just random singers. Calvin Harris used to create mixes of Mika's songs. If he did that now and put it on one of his own albums it could be a real international hit for Mika. When Adele and Lady Gaga met Mika they were already huge fans. Lady Gaga used to write messages on his MySpace wall when she was unknown and I remember Adele talking to a TV presenter at the 2008 BRIT Awards (which was her first big public showcase) saying she was looking around backstage for Mika, hoping to meet him and saying she thought he was cute. When Mika can make fans of all these people who turned into huge international pop stars it seems absurd that his career went the way of Leona Lewis, who is just an X Factor winner when it comes down to it.

I get what you're saying though about Mika being in a better position than James Morrison because of his success in parts of mainland Europe. He has a lot more going for him than they do.

You are right about these artists. I discovered Adele thanks to Mika. I wonder if he is still in contact with her (or the others).

You are right about these artists. I discovered Adele thanks to Mika. I wonder if he is still in contact with her (or the others).

He did say on the BBC radio show that he texted with her about her cover of "To Make You Feel My Love", not realizing it was a Dylan cover, so I'd say they still communicate, at least somewhat...

• Like 1

He did say on the BBC radio show that he texted with her about her cover of "To Make You Feel My Love", not realizing it was a Dylan cover, so I'd say they still communicate, at least somewhat...

If I remember he said that it was in 2012 when he had a gig in Estonia. Now Adele is so busy with her career and her family that it must be more difficult to see her.

I heard something about Mika talking about Adele's album (saying it was good) before it was released. I assumed he was able to hear it through her. I am not sure they have the kind of mutual professional connections that would allow him to randomly hear her album and it's not like copies of it would have been floating around very far in advance. Her team gave me passes to a listening party in Montreal but the album was being released the next day so I didn't want to travel all the way from Toronto. Even then there were no copies of the album given out, no recordings allowed. You weren't even allowed to tell people ahead of time that there was a listening party. The whole thing was a secret.

I heard something about Mika talking about Adele's album (saying it was good) before it was released. I assumed he was able to hear it through her. I am not sure they have the kind of mutual professional connections that would allow him to randomly hear her album and it's not like copies of it would have been floating around very far in advance. Her team gave me passes to a listening party in Montreal but the album was being released the next day so I didn't want to travel all the way from Toronto. Even then there were no copies of the album given out, no recordings allowed. You weren't even allowed to tell people ahead of time that there was a listening party. The whole thing was a secret.

It's nice to know that they are still frends. It must be quite difficult to maintain contact when you are having a crazy schedule like they both do.

• Like 1

It's nice to know that they are still frends. It must be quite difficult to maintain contact when you are having a crazy schedule like they both do.

I guess Adele has only been super busy the past 6 months so maybe they have had chances to see each other over the past few years. I actually saw them chatting once after his London gig in 2009 and would have loved to talk to both of them obviously but did not dare interrupt them. I had hoped maybe she would have come to the London show this past October but it was the day after her son's birthday and things were starting to kick off with her promo by then.

• Like 2

I like his current level of success, I like to see him performing at venues he does these days. His music fits well to theater/concert hall type of venues, he puts so much elegance and personality into his shows. I think he can (of course) do also bigger shows but I'm worried that doing big shows night after night would take some elegance/personality away or that at least I would enjoy them less. Also, I like him doing many different things (like a combination of symphony concerts, little tours here and there and some French summer festivals all during the same year). 

This is of course totally my selfish point of view. I understand that lack of big tours means he is skipping many countries and that for that reason many fans have to wait or they can't see him at all and I'm sorry for that. Also, I want him to be happy. So what you write in the quote above makes me wonder sometimes. I mean I wonder how he feels watching some of these people who had such a similar starting point with him but are now massive stars. 

He seems genuine saying he is happy with his life now and it does look he has made some personal choices. If he wanted success for example in the UK on any terms he would have done it differently, wouldn't he? This way he is a celebrity but can still have his privacy which is practical and something I imagine he can appreciate. But how does he feel thinking of some of those people who started at the same time with him?

It hurts me to think it might hurt him to think about all that. He deserved the same and I don't want him to feel bad. Not that I think he can't handle feeling a bit bad, I'm sure he can. It just my childish wish that he didn't need to do that.

I'm such a bad fan. I haven't watched the interview where Ben Stiller talks about Mika. I'm not sure I can bother especially if it's not even clear there's any drama at all, lol! 

I agree a LOT with what you said, thank you for sharing this  :)

He deserves to be happy, and I'm happy if he's happy

Aand yes, I want him to come to Australia very bad- but at the same time, I am happy he does these shows, and orchestra shows which are amazing! Hopefully he visits Aus and many other countries who are missing him! 

• Like 5

Nina, you are the best and loving fan ever:) 

• Like 2

Nina, you are the best and loving fan ever:) 

Well let's just say that I focus on that loving part, lol! Loving is easy. But I can't keep up with everything, I don't have enough time (or interest if it's about random people like Ben Stiller). There are many good interviews with Mika now, I find them so much more interesting. And I can't keep anything - even if it's Mika related - in my head so I'm really thankful for everyone who keeps archives and details organized :flowers2:

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mika talking about "ZOOLANDER 2" at Giffoni Film Festival 2017.

I'm so sorry for Mika, and would like to listen his original songs !

Il Messaggero

http://spettacoliecultura.ilmessaggero.it/musica/mika_il_gran_rifiuto_a_sanremo_torno_su_rai_2_in_autunno_con_il_mio_show-2564350.html

C'è anche il cinema che bussa alla sua porta: «Mi hanno offerto una parte da protagonista in un film molto serio e
importante d'autore francese. Mi piacerebbe tentare questa strada, farmi paura con una sfida come questa ma non voglio sia un suicidio».

Gli è dispiaciuta invece la sparizione del suo cameo in Zoolander 2:

«Non me ne parlate, mi avevano anche fatto depilare, e avevo registrato per il film due canzoni originali... niente, tagliato tutto».

Google translator

DE0b94wUMAElKNz.jpg

• Like 4