L'amour fait ce qu'il veut - lyrics and song disscussion

nenartus

I have always loved China Boy, it's beautiful!!!  :wub:

But I cant help it, this song reminds me of 70s erotic French films. Not that I've actually watched them but they show them on television time to time and I have an image of their soundtrack songs in my head and the disco part reminds me of it. The live version he did at Caribana was different, I was happy to hear it there but also think he now has several, amazing brilliant new songs that deserve to be performed live more than this. 

Well said  :naughty:. The live version in Caribana was so much better. I hate those "la la l'amour" verses  :sneaky2: and the violins, they make it so old fashioned, but not in a good way.

I think this is the first TV performance.

France 2 : JT 13h June 19, 2015

[HD]

Here you can watch the performance that Mika did on France 2 this morning at 1pm

https://vk.com/video251318454_171405470

France2 : JT de 13h

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-jt/france-2/13-heures/jt-de-13h-du-vendredi-19-juin-2015_948541.html

L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veux

Thanks a lot  for sharing !!

another VK link

http://vk.com/video232312753_171287714

Edited by Kumazzz

:no:   this one is not for me... it's right up there with Eraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase and Make you Happy  :naughty:

That's a CD automatic skip!  :P

oh no, really? Make you happy was one of my favourites on TOOL and I find this one kind of eclectic and humorous - though obviously not understanding a single word other than l'amour and baby blue :teehee:

edit: I have just put the lyrics into google translate and I'd sum up meaning as follows: he travels around the world but can escape from baby blue.... Is that correct? :cheerful_h4h:

I really like it :biggrin2: although I always prefer songs in English this one is the first I really like in French. I hope it's not "morveux" though :aah:

The same for me - there were French songs I thought were ok, but this one I actually like 

I cant help it, this song reminds me of 70s erotic French films. Not that I've actually watched them but they show them on television time to time and I have an image of their soundtrack songs in my head and the disco part reminds me of it. 

I also totally get this 'erotic' feel to it. To me it is 70s French chanson with a touch of modern electro (Daft Punk) - something Sebasitien Tellier came out with a few years ago. Odd but I like it.

• Like 2

oh no, really? Make you happy was one of my favourites on TOOL and I find this one kind of eclectic and humorous - though obviously not understanding a single word other than l'amour and baby blue :teehee:

edit: I have just put the lyrics into google translate and I'd sum up meaning as follows: he travels around the world but can escape from baby blue.... Is that correct? :cheerful_h4h:

The same for me - there were French songs I thought were ok, but this one I actually like 

I also totally get this 'erotic' feel to it. To me it is 70s French chanson with a touch of modern electro (Daft Punk) - something Sebasitien Tellier came out with a few years ago. Odd but I like it.

I so agree with you Suzie :thumb_yello: and the disco part is so cool, it reminds me of my fav French singer as a kid :wink2:

• 4 months later...

only just heard this one but i love it especially the china boy part, don;t get why everyone is saying it is a automatic skip on the CD, i've had it on repeat for ages now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

For some reason this song isn't included in the Comprehensive Lyrics thread - are the lyrics in the first post correct, or do they need updating with the extra verse Mika sang?

And is there an English translation of the extra verse?

For some reason this song isn't included in the Comprehensive Lyrics thread - are the lyrics in the first post correct, or do they need updating with the extra verse Mika sang?

And is there an English translation of the extra verse?

I'm not sure about the lyrics. Perhaps someone who speaks French can check them out and I'll correct them  if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-emissions/c-le-grand-journal/pid5411-le-grand-journal.html?vid=1254091

New song in french "L'amour fait ce qu'il veut" can be heard from 14:14.

Lyrics (draft)

L'amour fait ce qu'il veut

J'étais bien qu'il vienne

Coller sa main dans la mienne

Il m'a eu comme un bleu

Oh l'amour fait ce qu'il veut

Le voilà qui veut ma peau

Qui me tatoue dans le dos

Des serpents, des coeurs en feu

L'amour fait ce qu'il veut

Pour ce salaud j'ai fait le tour de la terre

Jusqu'au Congo je m'enfuis dans le désert du Sahara

Tout en gravissant les monts d'Himalaya

Sur la lune à Cuba

Mais l'amour fait ce qu'il veut

Il fait ce qu'il veut de moi

Mais l'amour, baby blue

Fait ce qu'il veut de nous

oh l'amour fait ce qu'il veut

Il fait ce qu'il veut de moi

Love does what it wants

I was fine until it/he/she came

And stuck its/ his/her hand in  mine

It caught me as a newbie

Oh love does what it wants

Here it is into my skin

Tatooing on my back

Snakes, hearts on fire

Love does what it wants

For this b**** I went around the world

As far as Congo I flee to Sahara desert

While climbing Himalaya mountains

On the moon in Cuba

But love does what it wants

It does what it wants with me/to me

But love, baby blue

Does what it wants with us/to us

oh love does what it wants

It does what it wants with me/to me

Thanks, crazyaboutmika for the lyrics and translation!

I'm not sure about the lyrics. Perhaps someone who speaks French can check them out and I'll correct them  if necessary.

It is "tout en haut du sommet de l'Himalaya"  "at the very top of Himalaya 

What is the last verse?

I need to check on the booklet if it got longer, I will tomorrow as it is in one of my Mika boxes...

Edited by crazyaboutmika

J’étais bien avant qu’il vienne

Coller sa main dans la mienne

Il m’a eu comme un bleu

L’amour fait ce qu’il veut

Le voilà qui veut ma peau

Qui me tatoue dans le dos

Des serpents, des cœurs en feu

Pour ce salaud,

Je fais le tour de la Terre jusqu’au Congo

Je m’enfuis dans le désert du Sahara

Tout en haut du sommet de l’Himalaya

Sur la lune, à Cuba

Mais l’amour fait ce qu’il veut

Fait ce qu’il veut de moi

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

Mais l’amour, baby blue

Fait ce qu’il veut de nous

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

Tout le monde se fout de moi,

Quand je lui tombe dans les bras,

Il me tient comme un morveux

Je le flingue, je l’humilie

Je le fous hors de ma vie

Je le torture tant que je peux

L’amour fait toujours mieux

Pour ce salaud,

Je fais le tour de la Terre jusqu’au Congo

Je m’enfuis dans le désert du Sahara

Tout en haut du sommet de l’Himalaya

Sur la lune, à Cuba

Fait ce qu’il veut de moi

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

Mais l’amour, baby blue

Il fait ce qu’il veut de nous

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

Il fait ce qu’il veut de moi

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

Mais l’amour, baby blue

Il fait ce qu’il veut de nous

L’amour la la l’amour

L’amour la la l’amour

Edited by crazyaboutmika

• 1 month later...

As I said it before, bettter live than on the CD by far  :wub:

As I said it before, bettter live than on the CD by far :wub:

Yes, I'm listening to the cd version at this moment to compare and the repetitive disco beat sounds very boring to me now.

Although I remember that I liked this sound very much last summer when I was driving on the (high)ways in France. It gave me the spirit I needed for long trips by car.

But the cd version of this song definitely doesn't deserve the price for originality and geniality. I guess Mika wasn't aiming for those high goals anymore making this cd. Good on him!!!

Edit: or maybe this song(cd version) is genious like ABBA was genious? I'm curious to find out what I will think about it in 5 years. I now think some of the eighty music like several of the songs of Duran Duran and Tears for fears are genious and I'm absolutely sure I didn't think that at the time. Although I certainly loved them.

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 1

Yes, I'm listening to the cd version at this moment to compare and the repetitive disco beat sounds very boring to me now.

Although I remember that I liked this sound very much last summer when I was driving on the (high)ways in France. It gave me the spirit I needed for long trips by car.

But the cd version of this song definitely doesn't deserve the price for originality and geniality. I guess Mika wasn't aiming for those high goals anymore making this cd. Good on him!!!

Edit: or maybe this song(cd version) is genious like ABBA was genious? I'm curious to find out what I will think about it in 5 years. I now think some of the eighty music like several of the songs of Duran Duran and Tears for fears are genious and I'm absolutely sure I didn't think that at the time. Although I certainly loved them.

See?  I prefer J'ai Pas Envie thousand times before this one. And I have to admit the same it happens with " Last Party" I found it a jewel at first but now, the CD version is a little bit boring to me, I prefer listen the song live. 

• Like 1