Mika in "Che tempo che fa" 7th June 2015

*Vv*

a blog :

Caterina Comeglio written by a member of backing vocals. A day with Mika

http://caterinacomeglio.com/2015/05/19/a-day-with-mika/

:uk:

When I got a phone call from my singing teacher Paola Milzani asking if I was around to sing some backing vocals for Mika it felt like Christmas.

For a girl who was singing along to “Grace Kelly” into her hairbrush at sixteen, to be singing for the man himself it felt pretty incredible.

So last Sunday morning I got on the train on my way to the RAI studios in Milano, armed with three different outfits and a whole lot of excitement.

The job was to record a performance of Mika’ s latest single “Good Guys” as part of his album promo tour for the TV show “Che tempo che fa” hosted by Fabio Fazio.

I arrived at the studios of Via Mecenate with my fellow singers Valentina, Elena, Stefano and Nicola from Paola’s choir “The Golden Guys” (randomly a very appropriate name for this occasion). Once arrived in our dressing room we started rehearsing with Curtis, Max and Joy, whom had just flown in from London. The band was really welcoming, friendly and helpful to help us get the right sound for the performance.

At 1pm we walked into the beautiful studio of “Che tempo che fa” where the band joined us with the addition of Lewis on drums.

The stage was all set for our performance and a grand piano was waiting for Mika who arrived shortly after.

We immediately felt his warm, elegant, professional and charismatic aura.

As we rehearsed the song a capella Mika listened to our every note, directing little adjustments in feel, phrasing and dynamics.

We were completely mesmerized whenever he started singing, displaying such control, technique and a huge range of textures in his delicate and powerful voice. Around 3pm we slipped into our beautiful dresses chosen by Mika’s mum and back into the studio for the taping if the show.

The crowd was buzzing, as we walked back on stage we were greeted with clapping and cheers (a rare pop star feel for a jazz singer). When Mika arrived an explosion of voices lit the room.

He greeted his fans with all his lovelyness then sat at the piano and started off the performance.

Of those incredibly quick three minutes all I really remember is that I could not stop smiling.

After his interview and a solo performance of “Last Party” Mika came to our dressing rooms to say bye and thank us for our work.

Yet another demonstration of his humble, professional and kind personality.

As we said bye to the band and left the studio I felt as if I was waking up from a dream.

Happy, sad, grateful, proud and lucky.

:italia:  http://caterinacomeglio.com/2015/05/19/a-day-with-mika/

post-18723-0-58863600-1432064842_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Here I am with my report: let's start from the beginning: the queuing was pleasant, this RAI studio is not big, so there weren't many people comparing to a gig.

We had to wait outside and then inside, until Mika finished rehearsing, and I was already excited just listening and watching him singing a few notes on the small screen. 

We gave our gift at the entrance and they assured us, that they would hand it to Mika. 

I think Myriam (Valmont 69) will tell you more about it. 

Most of us managed to get very good spots and seat together.

There was a relaxed atmosphere and the host was in a good mood, he asked if everything was well with us. The audience was composed mainly of Mika fans, so we just had to be ourselves: it wasn't hard for us to clap, sing along, follow the interview closely and acclaim Mika :naughty:

Mika was really happy to be there, making big smiles, sometimes being shy in front of our enthusiasm :wub2:

As he sat at the piano to sing GG, he looked nervous and tense and very concentrated: I hadn't seen him singing live for a while and I was blown away by his performance, it was so intense and powerful, he's such an amazing interpreter, so professional and at the same time spontaneous, he knows how to involve and carry the audience into his own world. 

I was really touched during LP, I got chills down my spine.

The interview was very entertaining, there was a good feeling between him and the host and they had an interesting and at times hilarious conversation (for instance when he told about the kids interviewing him for the Italian magazine Focus Junior). He also talked about very serious subjects such as bullism and  the story behind LP, and he always succeeds in being encouraging and positive.

You'll be able to watch everything soon, btw (unfortunately for us :teehee: ) both the performance and the interview were perfect, so we just had one-take, there was no need to repeat anything. 

(Our amazing subtitling team will have some work to do, but it will be totally worth it.)

He filled the studio with a joyful, magic atmosphere, you could feel it in the air. 

The recording ended with a standing ovation and Mika smiling happily and shyly. 

The interview + performance didn't last long, I guess about half an hour, I didn't check my watch. Time flew too fast and afterwards I felt refreshed, heartened, lighthearted and inspired. 

Can't wait for the next gig! 

The staff and security were quite nice, patient and helpful. 

Then we went outside and waited for him, fortunately they placed some barriers, although not along the whole line, and a few of us tried to keep the fans calm and explained, that if we stayed calm without pushing and screaming, there would be more chances for him to come out and greet us.

Fortunately our efforts worked, and Italian fans were quieter than usual, and when Mika came out, he could make autographs and chat, he stayed for about 10 minutes. He couldn't greet everybody though, we were too many, and he had to go: as he wrote on twitter, he had to fly to Dubai and then to Seoul. I just said a quick hello from a distance and thanks for the great performance.

A couple of MFCers next to me managed to have their first Mika autograph, and I could witness their joy and excitment, they were really overwhelmed and could hardly speak. 

Then many of us had a drink and a chat at a nearby place, attached you find a couple of group pics.

I had a really great time, enjoying Mika and the company, thanks everyone who made it possible! :flowers2:

The only downside to me was the heat  :sweatdrop: , but you can't have it all :D

post-17044-0-32632600-1432109040_thumb.jpg

post-17044-0-22177500-1432109142_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

About the ticket that I won for Che Tempo Che Fa in Milan, I arrived from Piedmont with my three friends: Denise, Cristina and Giovanna in the RAI's studios and there I found the very big family of the MFC! Thank you very much fo all: Marina, Valeria, Grazia, Myriam, Paola, Roberta, etc... <3

While we waited to sit us, we've watched the rehearsals of Mika by a big monitor... It was already exciting!

Finally the direct started and Mika sang Good Guys! Wonderfull! I love this song! <3

Then the interview by Fabio Fazio to Mika has been very nice, because between them there's an agreement...

I love when he speaks Italian... :)

After all this Mika sang Last Party and I had my eyes tearful for the emotion! This song is extraordinary! <3

We delivered to his dressing room an orchid with a very good italian wine and then he thanked us after the direct! :)

Before to go away Mika smiled me, he said me: Ah ciaooo! And he made me the autograph on the CD! My first autograph! <3

This day has been an inforgettable day! =D

I'm very happy and I can't wait June for the new album No Place In Heaven and for the tour!

I hope to meet other times the MFC's members for the Mika's concerts and for other occasions like this!

Bye!

Gabriella :)

post-25071-0-10653700-1463573990_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gabry74
  • Like 4

Grazie mille everybody - for nice reports and pics! :thumb_yello:  I'm so happy that you had a great time with MIKA, both in the studio - and outside after the show!!  :hug: Hope you  all will be able to experience some full concerts,  during this tour... :wink2:

Love,love

me

• Like 3

thanks for posting, what a lovely and well written blog! :fangurl:

Unfortunately I don't understand your charming language... ;) But I'm happy to know about everybody,  who experience MIKA to be such a nice guy... :wub:

Love,love

me 

Unfortunately I don't understand your charming language... ;) But I'm happy to know about everybody,  who experience MIKA to be such a nice guy... :wub:

Love,love

me 

it's in English ;) 

it's in English ;)

Aahh - thank you, now I see it, the first part in English yes! :thumb_yello:  I was too quick with looking how long it was, and the pics, hehe - and didn't notice the top of it,  It's indeed a lovely blog - AMORE for MIKA!!  :wub:  :yes:

Love,love

me

• Like 1

Grazie mille everybody - for nice reports and pics! :thumb_yello:  I'm so happy that you had a great time with MIKA, both in the studio - and outside after the show!!  :hug: Hope you  all will be able to experience some full concerts,  during this tour... :wink2:

Love,love

me

Thank you very much mamiam! :thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

Thank you, it's very nice of you :wub2:

I hope you and all MFCers will be able to attend gigs this year as well! 

Yesterday was simply perfect.

It was the first time I listened to him singing live, so during the performances of Good Guys and Last Party I was like in heaven and completely captivated  :wub:  God, he has got an angelical voice, can't explain all the emotions I felt.

Another magical moment was after the recording: the crowd was rather calm compared with other times in Italy, and Mika seemed very relaxed and happy. So he came out and he chatted, signed autographs, taken gifts etc.

I have to thank Marina with my heart: she helped me to give my present to Mika and she indicated me to him saying "it's from her!", so Mika looked at me, I said "hello Mika" and he sweetly smiled looking in my eyes. They were seconds that I'll never forget, I'll keep them in my heart forever...it was the first time that I managed to meet him :wub:

Thanks Mika Team for give me this opportunity and for make my dream true!

I'm really pleased, that you managed to see him live at last and that it was an unforgettable experience!   :wub2:

Here I am! First of all I know i'm very late but thanks a lot to ticket fairy for this great chance!

Last sunday was amazing not only for Mika but thanks to all the MFCers there , we had a great time together!!!

As written on the previous report Mika took some time outside for us. I just want to add (because I'm very happy and proud of it) that he had an "art attack" on my phone cover and here's the result  :das:

cover_zpshqsqi1r5.jpg

Buffo baffuto  :das:  :wub:  :naughty:

• Like 1

Hello everybody...I apologize for the delay but I'm between exams and other stuff at the university  :bow: 
Anyway...First I would like to thank you MFC for this great opportunity! It was a beautiful day with Mika and my MFC's friends!!!
I adored this interview...you must see it because it was both so funny and very interesting...Mika is fantastic while he's speaking italian...I'm impressed by his way to speak our language.. :o  His italian is really getting better.... :boing:  :wub2: 
I don't write anything about the interview..so you can listen to it without any spoiler  :pinkbow:  
The songs he sang were simply perfect..I love Good guys..and Last party, for me, is such a beautiful poetry...I was so moved by this song...I love the way he sings, I love his voice and listening him live is always a perfect thing. 
For me this was the first time I've met Mika and I was very happy..fortunately this time the crowd was so calm (other times in Italy were chaotic, full of impolite people  :annoyed_h4h: ) and Mika dedicated so much time to us all!! 
I had the opportunity to say Thank you to him..and I had my first autograph  :clap: 
I really appreciated Mika as a person...he's very kind and sweet!!!
Thank you...
See you very soon  :wub:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Domenica 7 giugno 2015

Ospiti: Mika, Giorgetto Giugiaro, Luca Sofri con Luciana Littizzetto e Filippa Lagerback
07-06-2015 20:10

http://www.chetempochefa.rai.it/dl/portali/site/news/ContentItem-ad7bfffb-327e-4ca6-ae82-c01a4170cc0d.html

Il talk show condotto da Fabio Fazio si apre con Luca Sofri, giornalista, scrittore, conduttore radiofonico e televisivo, direttore del Post, sito di news da lui fondato nel 2010; il 7 maggio ha pubblicato Notizie che non lo erano – Perché certe storie sono troppo belle per essere vere, impressionante raccolta di bufale circolate, negli ultimi anni, sui principali media italiani.

Mika, il 16 giugno – il giorno prima sulle piattaforme digitali – esce il suo quarto album di inediti, No Place in Heaven, da cui sono tratti i due singoli Good Guys e Last Party che esegue per la prima volta in televisione, in Italia, dal vivo e accompagnato dalla sua band; il 3 maggio scorso è iniziato, a Brooklyn, il suo tour mondiale che mercoledì 10 lo porterà a Milano, prima delle sei date italiane; dal 10 gennaio al 25 aprile è stato coach nell’edizione francese 2015 di The Voice, ruolo che aveva già ricoperto nel 2014, mentre è stato giudice nella settima e ottava edizione e lo sarà anche nella nona di X Factor Italia.

Giorgetto Giugiaro, Presidente onorario Italdesign, nel febbraio scorso ha pubblicato Le strade del design che, attraverso bozzetti, fotografie, prototipi e oggetti, dalle auto alle macchine fotografiche, racconta vita e aneddoti del Designer del Secolo; creativo e imprenditore ha disegnato oltre duecento modelli di auto di serie, fondendo una forte vena artistica con una rigorosa cultura ingegneristica.

Gli ospiti sono presentati da Filippa Lagerback mentre Luciana Littizzetto, come sempre, chiude la trasmissione con il suo originale commento delle notizie della settimana.

-----------------------------------------------
Anteprima weekend domenica 31 maggio Mika

La star internazionale del pop, torna con un nuovo disco di inediti dal titolo “No Place in Heaven” dal 15 giugno.

Dopo il successo dell’album di debutto “Life In Cartoon Motion” e dei successivi album “The Boy Who Knew Too Much” e “The Origin of Love”, il quarto album di Mika, “No Place In Heaven” arriva al termine di due anni intensi di lavoro creativo dell’artista.

Ne è nato un album molto maturo, che rivela il talento di scrittura dell’artista e mette in risalto le capacità vocali di Mika, evocando in particolare i grandi classici album pop degli anni ’70 di Billy Joel, Todd Rundgren ,Elton John, ecc. 

L’album esce in 3 versioni:

- Standard 11 Tracce, Deluxe 15 Tracce, Deluxe 17 Tracce. 

Le prossime date italiane: 

10 giugno – Milano – Fabrique (sold out)

-23 luglio – Taormina (ME) – Teatro Antico 

-25 luglio – Cattolica (RN) – Arena della Regina 

-27 settembre – Milano – Mediolanum Forum 

- 29 settembre – Roma – PalaLottomatica 

- 30 settembre – Firenze – Mandela Forum. Il tour toccherà ancheParigi, Londra, Madrid, Amsterdam, Bruxelles, e molte altre città europee.                    

L’Italia è per Mika un Paese straordinario: “Mi ha dato un senso di caos ordinato, di anarchia che funziona e di un completo delizioso disordine. Io amo la vostra confusione che comunque fa girare le cose. (…) Adoro il mix tutto italiano di cultura alta, popolare e trash, è tutto preso con leggerezza e ironia, quelle che spesso mancano in altri Paesi” da XL Repubblica dicembre, 2013

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/chetempochefa/photos/a.169243086451149.30051.161895440519247/1041067115935404/?type=1&theater

1549575_902754679766649_5061038609128357

Buona domenica! da @fabfazio stasera #GiorgettoGiugiaro, @lucasofri, #Lucianina,@filippala e ... @mikasounds (qui alle prove e mentre riceve dal nostro Claudio Fagugli i doni del fan club)

11406689_1041067115935404_35342247300116

post-18723-0-51785900-1433675809_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hey there, tonight's the night! :cheer:
I guess it's just ridicolous to write down my report 3 weeks later so I will not say anything but some impressions of mine. (And my beloved MFC mates already told you everything you need to know!)
Well, I loved the show, it's just one of my favourite italian TV show so I obviously loved it. I decided to join the show cause I didn't want to miss that combo again (tv show + Mika as a guest), so I jumped on the train and I travelled all the way from Naples as usual lol

While we were waiting inside the venue (but outside the studio) we had a look at the rehearsals through a screen so we already knew which songs he was going to perform (obviously our lead single Good Guys, and then Last Party to my surprise). Than we got in, I was really courius to see the studio and of course it was smaller than it looks in the tv, but whatever. Still great, one of the best we have. 

We managed to get the best seats (thanks to Marina too!), from 3rd row, most of us were close to each other, a big group of MFC members!
Than our host Fabio came in and approached to say hi, he noticed some of our faces, especially yours, Robertina, didn't he? :naughty:
Since he's always aware of what he's going to talk with his guests, he said he really appreciated the album and its pop essence, with all the references to the '70s and stuff. Than they were ready to start recording and Mika suddenly came in without introduction cause they will put togheater the Mika part with the entire show on air tonight. So he sat at the piano and had the sat down at the piano and start singing. The achoustic was not good as I expected but I don't care since I can appreciate the song better on tv tonight. First time I heard the new songs live, I love te rhythm within Good Guys even if I thought the opposite the first time I heard the studio version. It's a very good single but maybe not so appropriate for summer time...but I'm not sure. Hope it sells well.
As usual when on tv shows, there was a mix of audio recordings of the track (icluding choirs) and live performance by the band and Mika. As you know there were also a choir from Brescia named on purpose 'The Golden Guys' ( :mf_rosetinted: ) but I think they didn't sang much cause we've heard the original choirs as well.

After that there was the proper interview, Fabio showed the physical copy of the album (deluxe edition) a lot, and than we noticed that the artwork was different (as we found out shortly after).
Oh well,- big scoop - I can reveal you that on the back cover there will be (another) Lindbergh pic, with the same dark background you can see everywhere :naughty:
Big jump over the interview, I can say that I liked it but I need to watch it again cause, and I really wanna say that, the crowd was too damn loud. I was very focused on them during the interview but I had to deal with people talking or, moreover, clapping those fu :badword:ing hands everytime! At some point there was an applause for every answer by Mika, I was really annoyed by that :facepalm:

At last he performed Last Party, only him at the piano, but of course he was not really playing cause the track was the same of the studio version, in the end he jumped on the piano so no hiding anymore :naughty:  Actually he just sang.
By the way I really enjoyed the whole thing, in the end we left the studio and had some MFC reunion in a cafè nearby.

Okay that's all! :aah:

• Like 2

Bellissimo!!! Intervista leggera con messaggi molto importanti (il miglior modo di comunicare) e i due pezzi da occhioni lucidi :')

Mika, sei davvero speciale ❤️

Ho già il cuore leggero e felice pensando a mercoledì :) non vedo l'ora!