XFactor 9 Italy AUDITIONS: 11,12 June 2015 in Bologna

mari62

X Factor Italy is starting again!

The first auditions in front of the judges will take place @ Unipol Arena in Casalecchio di Reno (BO).

You''l find instructions on how to be in the audience HERE

visore-XF_corretto.png

Link to RSVP for June, 11th

http://www.mikafanclub.com/calendar/event/781-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Link to RSVP for June, 12th

http://www.mikafanclub.com/calendar/event/782-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

• Like 2

Is he doing X-Factor again ????

This is crazy! 

He doesn't need to come up in pieces to be loved by his fans.

If was his mom, i wouldn't allowed him to do that to himself :0)

i'm not kidding.

maybe his mom agrees  :teehee:

• Like 3

Looks like there's no UK X Factor after all. I'm disappointed as it would have been so good for him in the UK. I hope there is going to be something in the UK though, apart from the Hyde Park gig. The single needs some promotion and so does the album.

• Like 2

Looks like there's no UK X Factor after all. I'm disappointed as it would have been so good for him in the UK. I hope there is going to be something in the UK though, apart from the Hyde Park gig. The single needs some promotion and so does the album.

are XF UK judges announced? Or have you checked that UK auditions (the ones with judges) are when Mika is busy with other commitments?

are XF UK judges announced? Or have you checked that UK auditions (the ones with judges) are when Mika is busy with other commitments?

No I haven't checked, but if Mika was doing UK as well, surely there would be an announcement, at least, from Mika himself.

I haven't seen anything yet about the confirmation of the judges for the UK.

We'll have to wait and see., but I don't want to raise my hopes. But even if Mika isn't going to be a judge, surely Simon could invite Mika onto one of the live shows, to, at least, sing his single. By then it should be the 2nd single. I'm hoping for Good Wife.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

From XFactor's thread, thanks Deb for posting!

XF Auditions in Bologna!

From Facebook (geotagged for Italy)

11393213_10153008750428040_6288059692699

XFACTOR STA PER TORNARE! Mika avrebbe il piacere di invitare i suoi fan ad assistere alle registrazioni della trasmissione, per sentire il vostro calore da vicino. Volete partecipare come pubblico alle audizioni di Bologna dell’ 11 e 12 giugno?

Inviate una mail a mikacompetition@gmail.com scrivendo nome , cognome , età vostri e della persona che vi accompagnerebbe. Mettete anche un numero di telefono per essere contattati. Dovete essere maggiorenni per partecipare. In oggetto alla mail scrivete: “XFactor Bologna 11 giugno” oppure “XFactor Bologna 12 giugno” ( uno dei due - mandate solo una email per persona!)

L’invito a partecipare inizia ADESSO e termina Domenica 31 maggio alle 20.00, ora italiana.

I fortunati estratti a caso riceveranno una mail di conferma entro la mattina di martedì 2 giugno. Dovranno presentarsi all’Unipol Arena entro le ore 16.00 ed essere disponibili a trattenersi fino alle ore 00.30. Potranno assistere alle registrazioni e vedere come Mika selezionerà i nuovi talenti dal tavolo dei giudici. Per motivi logistici e di sicurezza non sarà possibile incontrarlo di persona, ma lo spettacolo visto da vicino sarà sensazionale ! Per favore scriveteci SOLO se siete ASSOLUTAMENTE CERTI di poter partecipare.

Grazie e buona fortuna !

• 2 weeks later...

No suit?! :shocked::teehee: or are the suits reserved for the live shows?

Yes,only for the lives,I remember the willy-willy moment from the last year's auditions,he was wearing a white t-shirt  :)

With a bit of delay here’s my report for 11th of June XF auditions in Bologna.

We queued under the sun for 3 hours before entering, we gained our seats after a very chaotic entrance in which everyone was pushing very hard. We could reach a spot where we were able to see the judges’ faces pretty well; Elio was the one closest to us, next to him there was Skin, then Mika and at the other end of the table sat Fedez.  Before starting the recordings we were told to clap our hands in different ways (from very happy to enthusiastic, to quite bored) so that they could record it separately from the show.

When the judges came out there was a loud audience clapping their hands for them. The recording began with a band, the absolute news of this year’s edition worldwide. Because of the work technicians had to put on, setting instruments for every single band, we lost much time, which was filled with chatting or joking from the judges who really seemed to be getting along well together.

With the first performance started a nice chat between Mika, Skin and Elio who discussed about the contestants’ English accent that, according to Mika and Skin, was quite Cockney-style. (Fedez just said he didn’t have a clue what they were talking about).

As soon as Skin started to talk we understood she was having a very hard time trying to understand what was said but mostly to express her thoughts in Italian. Her accent is really really strong and her peculiar voice didn’t help us understanding.

Whenever she spoke we could see the contestants’ puzzled faces as they were trying to decipher what question or statement she was saying. Often would she use English to speak her mind but not every contestant could understand her words (as Italians are quite well-know as bad-languages-speakers!). Mika did help a lot at the point. He would translate what she said in Italian (making some funny mistakes from time to time, that Elio would translate) and sometimes would do the other way round.

Mika talked about some funny anecdotes of his life: he stated that when he was young he auditioned for every band of his school without finding one that would accept him as a signer and that therefore he had to create his own universe.

After a few average good and bad singers, a middle-aged man, probably on his early sixties showed up on stage.

He was asked why he had decided to participate at that show at his age and he candidly answered he was just supporting her niece who was there auditioning too. The judges hugged him and after that he said he was happy cause he could brag himself about that with every person he knew.

He then sang a traditional song from Emilia Romagna (the Italian region) and then was invited to dance a little bit of Liscio (typical Italian dance for old people) to show Skin what that kind of music was like. He started singing and Skin and Elio started dancing together close to the judges table. Mika at first danced with Fedez then walked on stage and danced with the old man, complaining as he had to play the part of the woman and having the man complaining as well as he said Mika was too tall for that. (Mika is a very bad dancer even when it comes to Liscio!).

It ended up with Mika trying to jump on the poor man at the end of the song, they both stumbled on the floor! It was quite hilarious!    

Mika spoke a very good Italian, he nevertheless made some funny mistakes and created some new Mikalian words:

- Vincitoressa (to indicate a female winner; correct Italian: Vincitrice)

- Robotto (while translating Skin’s thoughts he decided he wanted to translate the word “Robot” too. It Italian it’d be the same as English)

- Esibiscito (Mikalian past participle of perform; correct Italian: Esibito)

- Scialla (he learnt this word, used in young people slang. It means “easy” (take it easy) and kept saying it)

There was a contestant, a funny Mexican girl who’s been living in Italy for a few months now thanks to her Italian boyfriend who introduced herself as a volunteer in Madjougorie, where she helped poor people and as a student of Religious Sciences (no idea what it is, they asked as well but she had troubles explaining). That angelic girl sang a totally unexpected song: “You shook me all night long” from ACDC.

No one could believe it. She actually sang quite well but didn’t pass as Mika and another judge said NO. The audience booed their decision a lot until they decided to give her a second chance and sing a song that could suit her better. She sang a pop song a cappella and stunned everyone. Mika changed his mind and gave her a YES, allowing her to pass the auditions. She was so joyful that she jumped on her boyfriend in a quite funny way and started to kiss in front of everyone. Elio (or someone else) said that they didn’t have to show every position of the famous Indian book to everyone on stage and Mika at that point went: “if you give birth to a boy after tonight could you call him Mika?”

Another funny moment came when a weird boy walked on stage. He sang a bad song and after that the audience asked for an encore, as we were laughing very hard from his previous performance. He sang a song that goes “I know, I know, I know” but was sung with such a strong Italian accent, that the word sounded terribly as the Italian word for anus!    

Everyone was doubled over, I even had tears in my eyes from laughing. Everyone knew what was happening… everyone but the poor Skin who candidly asked Mika the reason for that crazy laughter. He didn’t know what to say so she asked him what that word meant in Italian and he only answered it didn’t mean anything. (We could tell he was not very comfortable with that)

Another point I have to talk about is the moment in which Skin sang with a contestant who had dared to sing one of her songs: (I think it was Falling for you) He didn’t sing bad (I think) but everyone wanted her to sing it, so she took her microphone and sang a bit of the song asking the contestant to sing with her. The result was an amazing moment, the contestant being over the moon and us being stunned by her wonderful voice.

Last but not least!

The last contestant who walked on stage was a woman, I think on his mid-thirties, who came in very shyly, bringing a painting, some sheets and a little bag on stage with her.

It was Mika’s turn to introduce the contestant so he asked her name and he immediately understood she wasn’t Italian, he asked where she was from and she said she came from Athens. He greeted her in Greek and he went on asking the reason why she was there. She admitted she was in Italy (and spoke Italian) as she was half-Greek half-Italian and was there because she had been to Mika’s gig the day before.  

She then gave Mika her present: a (printed) painting portraying Mika’s face. He hugged her and then asked her about the sheet she was holding in her hands. She shyly said she was about to sing Stardust and that she had translated the chorus in Greek. Mika was pleased and scared at the same time. They played the base of the song (the original TOOL one, not the songbook version) but she couldn’t sing at all. At that point Mika walked on stage to help her, he sang a bit then gave her the microphone. She wouldn’t sing so he let us all sing along with him. At the end of the performance he joked saying that, as they had “sung” together they could participate as a group, they chose the name and the judges, Mika himself too, voted. She made it through!!!  

The atmosphere was good and relaxed. The judges seemed happy with their colleagues and they would joke without being harsh. I think the only problem was Skin’s Italian. I guess having had Mika in her very same situation just a couple years ago, we all were expecting her to be more fluent, like Mika was. Of course, already being able to speak French and Spanish, helped Mika a lot with everything, from accent, to lexicon and grammar. I hope she can acquire a good understanding and a good language in time for the live shows, in particular I hope she’ll fix that hard accent that makes her little Italian skills useless, as it’s hardly intelligible for us all!

• Like 3