J'ai pas envie - Song and lyrics discussion

Well whereas the other person wanted a wonderful exotic travel to some place far away he bought kiwi (which is an exotic fruit) but that is a tiny thing compared to a wonderful trip to a far away place so it's very ironical to be offered a fruit when you ask for a travel...the whole song is that way very ironical but if that's true love a kiwi could be enough maybe? it's a very complicated relation and not a romantic one....Mika was asked about the lyrics of that song on RTL2 and he said love could be very complicated indeed...that interview will be translated into English soon.

• Like 3

évasion here means a travel to a far away exotic place , it also means escape litteraly so kiwi is not cheap litteraly , but compared to a travel it becomes cheap obviously....it could have been coconuts or pineapple or any fruit that's considered to be exotic in France

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

Well whereas the other person wanted a wonderful exotic travel to some place far away he bought kiwi (which is an exotic fruit) but that is a tiny thing compared to a wonderful trip to a far away place so it's very ironical to be offered a fruit when you ask for a travel...the whole song is that way very ironical but if that's true love a kiwi could be enough maybe? it's a very complicated relation and not a romantic one....Mika was asked about the lyrics of that song on RTL2 and he said love could be very complicated indeed...that interview will be translated into English soon.

Thanks for your translation and explanation :wub:  :wub:  this lyrics has so many mystery to me.  and looking forward to watch the interview :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not that you needed a song to be bitchy   :fisch:  I like it too, by the way

I think the lyrics on the album are a bit different and I'm not a native French speaker (corrections are welcome) but I'll try to translate it anyway, so you can get an idea. Let's see...

You gave me roses, I sent you upstairs

You wanted to take a break, I said "let's go on"

You wanted the countryside, we live in Paris

You say no, I say yes

You wanted Gaisbourg, I put on Booba

You wanted to make love, we made Zumba

You wanted a boy, we called him Susie

You say no, I say yes

Saying "I love you", that's not the problem

Hear me when I tell you, I don't want to

I don't want to (no I don't want to)

As husbands who say yes

I don't want to, I don't want to, I don't want to please you

I don't want to, I don't want to, if you love me, just tell me

Singing, you say "this isn't love", but you see

I'm not the moron you think I am, this song's for you

You wanted Peru, you only got the hat

You wanted the Ferris wheel, you got the roundabout

You want a lover, I said "we'll see"

You say white, I say black

Saying "I love you", that's not the problem

Hear me when I tell you, I don't want to

I don't want to (no I don't want to)

Do like this, like husbands who say yes

I don't want to, I don't want to please you

I don't want to, I don't want to, if you love me, just tell me

Singing, You say "this isn't love", but you see 

I'm not the moron you think I am, this song's for you

You wanted passion, you got Mon Chérie

You wanted to escape, I bought some kiwis

You've wanted to see mum, we saw mine  [i'm not sure if he says 'mum 'or 'sea' here. I'm going for 'mum', since he then says 'mine'. Or maybe it's a pun and I have no idea how to translate that in English]

You say Rome, I say Vienna

Because I don't want to.

In french he said You've wanted to see the sea, we saw mine . Ot make no sense in English but in French they are homonym : Mère as mum and mer as the sea.

Mon Chéri is a praline in chocolate with a cherry and alcohol ;)

"You wanted Gainsbourg, I put on Booba"

Is "booba" how it's spelled on the official lyrics?

Booba is the name of a French rapper, do you think Mika meant him? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booba

I immediately thought of this Boobah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boohbah

Either would work :aah:

Yes it's the French rapper hahaha.

I think he is making the contrast between old romantic music vs. contemporary rap-like music. 

I used to make fun of my friends who listened to him. Oops... Yeah I'm mean... I'm not supposed to.  :teehee:  :naughty:

"You wanted Gainsbourg, I put on Booba"

Is "booba" how it's spelled on the official lyrics?

Booba is the name of a French rapper, do you think Mika meant him? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booba

I immediately thought of this Boobah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boohbah

Either would work :aah:

I laughed when I saw your post ! XD

Yes, he speak about the rapper. Compared to Serge Gainsbourg, there are a big difference about the music style !  :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this song! And dont know how many times I have listened to it just today :) the melody of it gets me in! Also, Mika's perform in Canada is amazing, i really adored when I saw it, that lovely smile... :)

It was an excellent performance, was really proud of him :D

• Like 2

Seems like this is the new single for Quebec. Radios have started playing it.

:)

A very good decision indeed. I think he should also launch it in other French speaking countries. For exemple, in France they have quotas for 40% of Frech speking songs on the radio and they seem to play the same ones all the time.

Edited by Menthe
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Now that's weird, why isn't it available outside France..? :huh:

A animated lyric video for J’ai Pas Envie was posted on MIKA VEVO, but the video is not avaiable outside France =/

That's because it is the new French single from No Place in Heaven, but now you can watch it :wink2:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byz74GhgJpv0QWRKSnQ4MnhiOFU/view

• Like 6

The video's really cute, but I definitely prefer the other version. And there's a lyrics mistake... I wonder if they do that on purpose, there are always mistakes in his lyrics XD

• Like 1

The video's really cute, but I definitely prefer the other version. And there's a lyrics mistake... I wonder if they do that on purpose, there are always mistakes in his lyrics XD

I totally agree with you on the video and on the new version...and lyrics mistakes are like Loubi's shoes red soles... :lmfao:

I hadn't noticed though :aah:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1