Hurts - Lyrics & Discussion

I hear "i'm pulling but my heart is on the wire", any idea what the official lyrics say? My version of the album didnt include lyrics

Thought I'd check and... the official lyrics do say "I'm pulling but my heart is on the wire" :aah:

And here I was just blaming Mika for his weird pronounciation :doh: (sorry Mika!)

Good ear :thumb_yello:

Thought I'd check and... the official lyrics do say "I'm pulling but my heart is on the wire" :aah:

And here I was just blaming Mika for his weird pronounciation :doh: (sorry Mika!)

Good ear :thumb_yello:

Does it even say what that means? XD

• 3 months later...

I read on Tiibet's twitter that they played the new version after the Paris gig on Saturday. Any comments about it?

I love this version! Especially the accompaniment in the beginning  :fangurl: It's just like with all of Mika's songs: it is a sad lyric with a catchy beat- very addicting. Can't wait to hear it on the new album! 

Edited by Hannekj

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I juste found these new about Hurts  :) http://www.notiziemusicali.it/newsmusic-5110

So, the song will be included in the soundtrack of a film called "Un bacio" (a kiss) directed by an italian filmmaker called Ivan Cotroneo who will also directe the video for the song. I am very happy for Hurts being released as a single, hopefully also outside Italy. 

Edited by Menthe
  • Like 5

I'm angry with the production. Why differents songs are played in each countries ?

In Italy, Universal plays the best songs for the radio, and, every time, this is a success, and in France, we have the "worst" in French, which they doing a flop ? After, we complain that his sales are bad, except in Italy.

J'ai Pas Envie is a good song but a bad choice for radios, it will be a resounding failure like Tant que j'ai le soleil.

Hurts must be a international single, even if it is a song for a trailer of an italian movie.

• Like 1

I'm angry with the production. Why differents songs are played in each countries ?

In Italy, Universal plays the best songs for the radio, and, every time, this is a success, and in France, we have the "worst" in French, which they doing a flop ? After, we complain that his sales are bad, except in Italy.

J'ai Pas Envie is a good song but a bad choice for radios, it will be a resounding failure like Tant que j'ai le soleil.

Hurts must be a international single, even if it is a song for a trailer of an italian movie.

They don't choose the right tracks for UK releases either :aah:

or New Zealand :( Do you think I could try email radios to play his music?

:thumb_yello: Yes, of course you can try to do this, make them aware that there's new stuff to play!  :)   I've done it here, many times, but sadly it didn't lead to more radioplay from the latest recordings  :sneaky2: They keep playing GK and Relax, quite often in fact, and it makes me sooo frustrated!! :doh: My experience is that they don't listen to fans, only to the record co. and what's promoted professionally - hopefully you have more luck in New Zealand... :)  

Love, love

me

I agree with you, J'ai pas envie is a nice song, but lyrics (written with Doriand :wink2: ) aren't witty enough and even if the melody is joyful I just think this song isn't strong enough to be a single.

• 5 months later...

Hurts is a very simple and beautiful song..I think one of the best songs around at the moment. The lyrics are poetic, even if very simple..and the clip is very nice, too.What I don't understand, is that I never hear it on the radio,neither I see the clip on tv...I don't mean at this very moment( the single track and clip Hurts were released at the beginning of the year I think)but never never... or it is only me to notice this aspect? maybe I listen to the wrong radios!!!! Or watch the wrong TV stations..I mean for instance 105 radio..

• 4 months later...

Stasera Casa Mika : episode-1

Mika sings "Hurts" with the chorus "Le Mani Blanche" (The white hands )

http://www.raiplay.it/video/2016/11/Mika-e-coro-Le-mani-bianche---Hurts-3a22ae74-beeb-4292-ba63-ff93f92f6907.html

Mika met the group "Le Mani Blanche" at Trieste in July, 2016.

Concert report thread is Piazza Unità d’Italia, Trieste, ITALY - 28 July 2016

Mika wearing a couple of white gloves No Place In Heaven @ Piazza Unità d’Italia in Trieste, Italy

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 4

Stasera Casa Mika : episode-1

Mika sings "Hurts" with the chorus "Le Mani Blanche" (The white hands )

http://www.raiplay.it/video/2016/11/Mika-e-coro-Le-mani-bianche---Hurts-3a22ae74-beeb-4292-ba63-ff93f92f6907.html

Mika met the group "Le Mani Blanche" at Trieste in July, 2016.

Concert report thread is Piazza Unità d’Italia, Trieste, ITALY - 28 July 2016

Mika wearing a couple of white gloves No Place In Heaven @ Piazza Unità d’Italia in Trieste, Italy

:thumb_yello: Thank you Eriko!   :hug:  This was a very strong moment,  during the fab. show - after an even stronger speech,  ahead of the song  :)  I never thought it was possible for a person to bring tears in my eyes, while talking in a language I don't understand - but it really happened yesterday, because of MIKAs eyes and face expression  ;)  My eyes got filled with tears while listening to him -  and beautiful MIKA got blurry... ;)  :wub:

Love, love

me

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I LOVE this song... it's so moving and intense :fangurl:

in my opinion it talks also about his intimate experiences of being bulled, Nothing's only words... :stifle:

I fell in love with it even more after seeing the performance at Casa Mika, one of my favourite moments, I almost cried... :unsure:

• Like 1

I LOVE this song... it's so moving and intense :fangurl:

in my opinion it talks also about his intimate experiences of being bulled, Nothing's only words... :stifle:

I fell in love with it even more after seeing the performance at Casa Mika, one of my favourite moments, I almost cried... :unsure:

:thumb_yello: I agree!  "Hurt" is a real pearl, among many others, from the amazing NPIH alb. :fisch: And I'm very happy that MIKA gets the possibilty to use his great songs,  in his TV-shows Casa Mika :wub:

This way more people will get to know him, and be aware of how skilful he really is, as a singer/songwriter... :wink2:  :wub:    

Love, love

me 

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 2