Hurts - Lyrics & Discussion

Here are the lyrics for Hurts.... let's discuss  :)

How do we end up like this

Under a burning sky

Some things are better unsaid

It’s easier to lie

I’m burning but my heart is on the wire

Don’t need a thousand guards to lock me in

It doesn’t take a fool to start a fire

A solitary spark and wars begin

Say it’s only words

And that it will get easier with time

Nothing’s only words

That’s how hearts get hurt

I can’t, I can’t, I can’t stop hearing all the words you said

I can’t stop hearing all the words you said

I can’t stop hearing words

How did it all come to this

We started off as friends

It makes it easy to leave

If we’re strangers by the end

I’m burning but my heart is on the wire

Don’t need a thousand guards to lock me in

It doesn’t take a fool to start a fire

A solitary spark and wars begin

Say it’s only words

Nothing’s only words

I can’t, I can’t, I can’t stop hearing all the words I said

I can’t stop hearing all the words I said

I can’t stop hearing all the words I said

I can’t stop hearing words

You say it’s only words

Nothing’s only words

You say it’s only words

It doesn’t matter if they’re yours or mine

Nothing’s only words

I can’t, I can’t, I can’t stop hearing all the words you said

Let’s stop using words

• Like 1

Okay... another song that brought tears to my eyes... which is a good thing I suppose. I love it when his emotions come through so powerfully. And the piano is amazing

• Like 3

First listening. A BIG VIRTUAL SLAP.  :shocked:

Only piano, I fall in love. This song reminds me AOW immediately.

Lyrics are very poignant and very sad. She became one of my favorite with NPIH, Good Guys and Last Party .

Edited by Emelyne412
  • Like 1

Thanks for the lyrics,beautiful song!  :wub:

It's only me hearing on the second chorus " I can’t stop hearing all the words you said"  as in the other two? 

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

Thanks for the lyrics,beautiful song!  :wub:

It's only me hearing on the second chorus " I can’t stop hearing all the words you said"  as in the other two? 

I also hear "you" 

• Like 1

Oh...I've loved it at the first listening.... :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: ....so sincere in the text...

...so touching and moving...so sweet in the melody....ah, I falled in love with it... :snog::biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

• Like 2

Hi MFCers  ;) 

With this one I have found my new "Happy Ending", the one who makes me cry at each gig,

Sure I a m going to cry on this one, it is soooooo... I can't find words... emotional.

That songs hurts (touches) with  words ...

♡ ♥ ❤ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ❤

What I especially like is that it is like a symphony : quiet at the beginning but it flies away with voices and piano quicker and stronger...

Mika knows how to make a symphony, he did it several times, nothing classical but modern (Happy Ending, Any other world, Last Party etc)

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Like 3

Hi MFCers  ;) 

With this one I have found my new "Happy Ending", the one who makes me cry at each gig,

Sure I a m going to cry on this one, it is soooooo... I can't find words... emotional.

Not that I wanna see you crying,but I pray he will do it at gigs  :)

• Like 2

Not that I wanna see you crying,but I pray he will do it at gigs  :)

Oh thanks ;) Krysady

I don't wanna be crying either :teehee: , I just can't control myself anymore when he is singing on his own with his piano   :wub:  :wub: :wub:    and the choirs :wub:  :wub: :wub:  

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Like 1

Oh thanks ;) Krysady

I don't wanna be crying either :teehee: , I just can't control myself anymore when he is singing that high :wub:  :wub: :wub:  

Don't worry,you're not the only one  :winksmiley02:

• Like 1

Don't worry,you're not the only one  :winksmiley02:

Oh well Krys, I have not seen anybody else crying when I go to gigs, at least nobody in my closest friends  :teehee: so that is comforting  :wink2: 

When MIKA's starting singing really high, I don't know what happening in my ears and my body but I let myself going and forget the world around me. That is why I need some Mikaïne everyday but you know what I mean  :wink2: 

In "Hurts", what he says to us is so true, you can really really hurt somebody just with words. 

However, he is doing this on a poetic way, somebody who does not understand english can appreciate the melody and even be touched because MIKA's adding rythm in this song. Choirs come to help him singing and then it sounds nearly like a happy song... (like Happy ending IMO)

And then, he's slowing down again, just like somebody who is flying on a glider or on roller coasters 

:fairy: 

I hope you understand what I mean  :lol: 

• Like 2

I absolutely love this song.

I have just watched him say a few words about each song and he says there are 2 versions of this song on the album - perhaps on some delux edition (?). Has anyone listened to the other version as well or knows which edition would contain it?

Edited by suzie
  • Like 1

I have just watched him say a few words about each song and he says there are 2 versions of this song on the album - perhaps on some delux edition (?). Has anyone listened to the other version as well or knows which edition would contain it?

I don't think it's out already, if I remember it well he said the other version will come out in a few months, this version being the 'simple one' or something (or did I understand wrong?) . So maybe it is just planned as a next single, or I kind of had this theory (which is probably just due to my brain overloading and will never happen) that the other version is recorded with symphonic and will be used to promote (or at least be included in) the osm album. Or not, but it worked well in my mind :D

Edited by Melyssa
  • Like 1

I don't think it's out already, if I remember it well he said the other version will come out in a few months, this version being the 'simple one' or something (or did I understood wrong?) . So maybe it is just planned as a next single, or I kind of had this theory (which is probably just due to my brain overloading and will never happen) that the other version is recorded with symphonic and will be used to promote the osm album. Or not, but it worked well in my mind :D

Yes you're right, he said in the Italian track by track video that the version on the album is the stripped-down version, and there's a different version which we'll apparently get to hear in a few months. He did not specify when, but Melyssa, I so love your theory :yes:

Thank you @Melyssa and @Manon14 .. So one more thing I learned today, that there will be a symphonic album with the Montreal Symphonic Orchestra... Pleased to hear that. :)

Shouldbe out for christmas :)

That's now a certainty? Actually announced? Confirmed by someone other than Mika?

Confirmed by both the OSM and Mika on twitter. Out late 2015 is what they both said.