MIKA in UK & Ireland Press - 2015

dcdeb

Mistery solved! It's a fake journal made by a spanish girl at school for her school project! She posted it on Instagram at this link https://instagram.com/p/4aHkZvOAei/but she deleted it now :(

so it's not even a real interview then? well that would explain why no one could find it  :doh:

It´s  a real interview?

so it's not even a real interview then? well that would explain why no one could find it  :doh:

No it's a fake interview that she wrote taking some parts from other interviews or at least she told me so... don't know why now she deleted the pic

No it's a fake interview that she wrote taking some parts from other interviews or at least she told me so... don't know why now she deleted the pic

well i'm glad the mystery is solved at least. bit annoyed how much time and energy i spent trying to figure out what it was...oh well

Has this one been posted here: http://musiceyz.co.uk/2015/07/01/no-place-in-heaven-by-mika-album-review/? It is very negative and you can find the most annoying phrases in the end:  "Particular low points are the title track, No Place in Heaven and Hurts where Mika tries to become Robbie Williams or some other anthem performer.  Sadly Mika doesn’t do this.  The album doesn’t do this and in all honesty Mika, you should have probably stayed away from the UK for a little bit longer." :badword: 

Has this one been posted here: http://musiceyz.co.uk/2015/07/01/no-place-in-heaven-by-mika-album-review/? It is very negative and you can find the most annoying phrases in the end:  "Particular low points are the title track, No Place in Heaven and Hurts where Mika tries to become Robbie Williams or some other anthem performer.  Sadly Mika doesn’t do this.  The album doesn’t do this and in all honesty Mika, you should have probably stayed away from the UK for a little bit longer." :badword: 

:shocked: OMG - this is just SO rude, and also SO unfair!!  :doh: But I do hope nobody reading this, take the journalist writing this review, seriously.  At least I don't - when he doesn't even know the right ladyname in MIKAs monterhit Grace Kelly, but manage to call it Gene Kelly, then it shows how less into MIKA stuff he is, imo ... :sneaky2:   And the last sentence of the article, about staying away from the UK a bit longer, is the worst I've ever read in  a review, so far... :doh:

Love,love

me

I saw this yesterday and actually found it a bit funny. I love the "we want this" and "we want that" from Mika when clearly that's just what HE wants. If this person wants to keep living in 2007 that's fine. I love that Mika but I'm proud of who he's become and I'm glad he's not doing the same thing over and over. It sucks some people can't appreciate that or what he's done on this album, but what are you gonna do? There are enough supporters out there a few bad ones aren't worth the time or energy it takes to get worked up about them, especially ones like this who clearly just don't get it. Plus Mika doesn't crave validation, which is a good thing on an artistic and personal level - living that way is destructive. It's just the nature of things, there will be good reviews and bad ones and luckily there have been good ones, and there remain plenty of fans to keep supporting his music. In the end the listener will decide for themselves and it seems like, from what I've seen thus far, that they do appreciate NPIH and they do get it. 

Edited by MaryElizabethhB
  • Like 1

I saw this yesterday and actually found it a bit funny. I love the "we want this" and "we want that" from Mika when clearly that's just what HE wants. If this person wants to keep living in 2007 that's fine. I love that Mika but I'm proud of who he's become and I'm glad he's not doing the same thing over and over. It sucks some people can't appreciate that or what he's done on this album, but what are you gonna do? There are enough supporters out there a few bad ones aren't worth the time or energy it takes to get worked up about them, especially ones like this who clearly just don't get it. Plus Mika doesn't crave validation, which is a good thing on an artistic and personal level - living that way is destructive. It's just the nature of things, there will be good reviews and bad ones and luckily there have been good ones, and there remain plenty of fans to keep supporting his music. In the end the listener will decide for themselves and it seems like, from what I've seen thus far, that they do appreciate NPIH and they do get it. 

Well said. 

:shocked: OMG - this is just SO rude, and also SO unfair!!  :doh: But I do hope nobody reading this, take the journalist writing this review, seriously.  At least I don't - when he doesn't even know the right ladyname in MIKAs monterhit Grace Kelly, but manage to call it Gene Kelly, then it shows how less into MIKA stuff he is, imo ... :sneaky2:   And the last sentence of the article, about staying away from the UK a bit longer, is the worst I've ever read in  a review, so far... :doh:

Love,love

me

I just commented. If he doesn't like the album, his prerogative, but stupid remarks like that last one aren't helping us here in the UK to get any attention for the album or any subsequent singles.

• Like 1

I just commented. If he doesn't like the album, his prerogative, but stupid remarks like that last one aren't helping us here in the UK to get any attention for the album or any subsequent singles.

Exactly - that's what I think too!! Great that you commented this - thank you! :-) I hope he gets a lot of protest, for his behaviour...

Love,love

me

Such an inconsiderate reviewer.  For a start, Mika should not be compared to other artists in this way.  He is his OWN person with his OWN style.  And secondly, this critic's words are just hurtful and disrespectful.  Fair enough, it's down to personal taste and not everyone is going to like Mika, but the critic could have used a less insulting way to convey their dislike for the album.

In my opinion, No Place In Heaven and Hurts are beautiful songs that are incomparable to other artists.  I really hope Mika isn't too disheartened by this review, should he have the misfortune of discovering it, and I hope he isn't put off UK promotion by this negative review. :sneaky2:

Mika, you are really appreciated in the UK; we love you!  Pay no attention to hurtful reviews and keep doing what you love doing, which is making awesome music.

• Like 1

I have also left a comment, to back you up, and because a response is needed for that garbage he wrote. That reviewer shouldn't be allowed to get away with his remarks. I said that if the album isn't to his taste, that's okay, but his review is, quite frankly, insulting, to this genuine artist and his fans. I said that the album is pure stripped back pop, with no electronics or auto tune on Mika's wonderful voice.

It's easy to comment, maybe others could do so as well..

• Like 1

I have also left a comment, to back you up, and because a response is needed for that garbage he wrote. That reviewer shouldn't be allowed to get away with his remarks. I said that if the album isn't to his taste, that's okay, but his review is, quite frankly, insulting, to this genuine artist and his fans. I said that the album is pure stripped back pop, with no electronics or auto tune on Mika's wonderful voice.

It's easy to comment, maybe others could do so as well..

I also wrote a comment to tell them how insulting this review is for all the people who like this album because he makes us look like stupid donkeys

• Like 1

I've just wrote a massive comment. If you care to read it here it is:

The problem I have with this review is it comes off as extremely biased. It’s trying to speak for all of his fans saying “this isn’t the Mika we want” and “we want this from him and that from him” when that’s an incredibly unfair and untrue thing to say. Just because you’re stuck in 2007 it doesn’t mean the rest of us are. I’m not trying to speak for the entire fanbase either because like I stated, that would be irresponsible, but being a part of said fanbase and knowing tons of other fans, reading what people are saying online from all over the world, seeing the reactions on video from countless gigs and TV shows, thus far I can say without doubt that overall everyone seems to appreciate this new album and this new Mika. Personally, I’m glad he’s not 2007 Mika anymore. Doing the same thing over and over and over is destructive for an artist in so many ways. I always believed he was more than campy, over-the-top, flamboyant pop music (as people such as yourself always love to label him as). He’s a true artist, and with that comes a multi-faceted creative personality, a flexibility and innate hunger to transform oneself and push your own boundaries; an eagerness to grow and evolve. Something that you and every other narrow-minded listener seems to lack. I have enjoyed watching Mika evolve, I have enjoyed what his music has become and moreover I am proud of the person and artist he has become. You make it sound like him being more open and honest in his music is a bad thing, but I couldn’t disagree more. It’s an inspiring example of self-examination of one’s life, an understanding of oneself, and a willingness to put it out there for others to hear. My life motto is “you never know who needs to hear your story” which is why I also make a point to be honest with others and unafraid/unashamed to share. I think despite whether you feel this openness on the album worked or not (for you) you can’t deny the fact that it is something to be applauded. Also, whether you realize it or not he has always been this way. Even the “big camp” songs you love so much are biographical and intensely personal. The only difference is now it’s a more straight-forward message without distraction or disguise. This is the new Mika: the person who knows who he is and isn’t afraid of it. It’s a Mika who I believe to be quite admirable and capable of anything. Maybe you should have listened a little closer before calling him a Robbie Williams wannabe, because I can tell you for a fact he’s not trying to be anything or anyone but himself. But if you can’t handle this Mika maybe it is better for you to stay in your protective 2007 bubble. As for the rest of us, we’ve moved on. Also, his big hit was “GRACE Kelly”, not “Gene Kelly”. For someone who seems so stuck on that phase of Mika’s career, you’d think you would know what the song is called.

I could have said more but I ran out of steam. I think this is ranty enough and gets my points across.

• Like 8

The problem I have with this review is it comes off as extremely biased. It’s trying to speak for all of his fans saying “this isn’t the Mika we want” and “we want this from him and that from him” when that’s an incredibly unfair and untrue thing to say. Just because you’re stuck in 2007 it doesn’t mean the rest of us are. I’m not trying to speak for the entire fanbase either because like I stated, that would be irresponsible, but being a part of said fanbase and knowing tons of other fans, reading what people are saying online from all over the world, seeing the reactions on video from countless gigs and TV shows, thus far I can say without doubt that overall everyone seems to appreciate this new album and this new Mika. Personally, I’m glad he’s not 2007 Mika anymore. Doing the same thing over and over and over is destructive for an artist in so many ways. I always believed he was more than campy, over-the-top, flamboyant pop music (as people such as yourself always love to label him as). He’s a true artist, and with that comes a multi-faceted creative personality, a flexibility and innate hunger to transform oneself and push your own boundaries; an eagerness to grow and evolve. Something that you and every other narrow-minded listener seems to lack. I have enjoyed watching Mika evolve, I have enjoyed what his music has become and moreover I am proud of the person and artist he has become. You make it sound like him being more open and honest in his music is a bad thing, but I couldn’t disagree more. It’s an inspiring example of self-examination of one’s life, an understanding of oneself, and a willingness to put it out there for others to hear. My life motto is “you never know who needs to hear your story” which is why I also make a point to be honest with others and unafraid/unashamed to share. I think despite whether you feel this openness on the album worked or not (for you) you can’t deny the fact that it is something to be applauded. Also, whether you realize it or not he has always been this way. Even the “big camp” songs you love so much are biographical and intensely personal. The only difference is now it’s a more straight-forward message without distraction or disguise. This is the new Mika: the person who knows who he is and isn’t afraid of it. It’s a Mika who I believe to be quite admirable and capable of anything. Maybe you should have listened a little closer before calling him a Robbie Williams wannabe, because I can tell you for a fact he’s not trying to be anything or anyone but himself. But if you can’t handle this Mika maybe it is better for you to stay in your protective 2007 bubble. As for the rest of us, we’ve moved on. Also, his big hit was “GRACE Kelly”, not “Gene Kelly”. For someone who seems so stuck on that phase of Mika’s career, you’d think you would know what the song is called.

I could have said more but I ran out of steam. I think this is ranty enough and gets my points across.

I think you did a fine job there.  :thumb_yello:

The problem I have with this review is it comes off as extremely biased. It’s trying to speak for all of his fans saying “this isn’t the Mika we want” and “we want this from him and that from him” when that’s an incredibly unfair and untrue thing to say. Just because you’re stuck in 2007 it doesn’t mean the rest of us are. I’m not trying to speak for the entire fanbase either because like I stated, that would be irresponsible, but being a part of said fanbase and knowing tons of other fans, reading what people are saying online from all over the world, seeing the reactions on video from countless gigs and TV shows, thus far I can say without doubt that overall everyone seems to appreciate this new album and this new Mika. Personally, I’m glad he’s not 2007 Mika anymore. Doing the same thing over and over and over is destructive for an artist in so many ways. I always believed he was more than campy, over-the-top, flamboyant pop music (as people such as yourself always love to label him as). He’s a true artist, and with that comes a multi-faceted creative personality, a flexibility and innate hunger to transform oneself and push your own boundaries; an eagerness to grow and evolve. Something that you and every other narrow-minded listener seems to lack. I have enjoyed watching Mika evolve, I have enjoyed what his music has become and moreover I am proud of the person and artist he has become. You make it sound like him being more open and honest in his music is a bad thing, but I couldn’t disagree more. It’s an inspiring example of self-examination of one’s life, an understanding of oneself, and a willingness to put it out there for others to hear. My life motto is “you never know who needs to hear your story” which is why I also make a point to be honest with others and unafraid/unashamed to share. I think despite whether you feel this openness on the album worked or not (for you) you can’t deny the fact that it is something to be applauded. Also, whether you realize it or not he has always been this way. Even the “big camp” songs you love so much are biographical and intensely personal. The only difference is now it’s a more straight-forward message without distraction or disguise. This is the new Mika: the person who knows who he is and isn’t afraid of it. It’s a Mika who I believe to be quite admirable and capable of anything. Maybe you should have listened a little closer before calling him a Robbie Williams wannabe, because I can tell you for a fact he’s not trying to be anything or anyone but himself. But if you can’t handle this Mika maybe it is better for you to stay in your protective 2007 bubble. As for the rest of us, we’ve moved on. Also, his big hit was “GRACE Kelly”, not “Gene Kelly”. For someone who seems so stuck on that phase of Mika’s career, you’d think you would know what the song is called.[/size]

Very well said MaryElisabeth!! :) I think your comment will "hit him" - if he's able to receive so many true words ...:)

Thank you!

Love,love

me

Well Done!

And about awful review :angry:  my comment there:

"You can make his review, like or dislike the album but what was extremely disrespectful: "'you should have probably stayed away from the UK for a little bit longer". SO RUDE words.
"Mika tries to become Robbie Williams" ?? Really??  
OMG you know nothing about Mika ... 
Mika is an amazing artist with incredible talent, I think NPIY is a remarkable work.
Go study and learning more ok."

I think you did a fine job there.  :thumb_yello:

Why thank you my dear  :)

Very well said MaryElisabeth!! :) I think your comment will "hit him" - if he's able to receive so many true words ... :)

Thank you!

Love,love

me

Thank you! Whether is makes an impact or not, I'm glad I spoke my mind  :)

yes, well done! I left a comment as well know

Thank you, and good for you!

Well Done!

And about awful review :angry:  my comment there:

"You can make his review, like or dislike the album but what was extremely disrespectful: "'you should have probably stayed away from the UK for a little bit longer". SO RUDE words.
"Mika tries to become Robbie Williams" ?? Really??  
OMG you know nothing about Mika ... 
Mika is an amazing artist with incredible talent, I think NPIY is a remarkable work.
Go study and learning more ok."

Thank you and agreed - the review felt like less of an informed review and more of the reviewer just whining about the past because they can't roll with the present. Quite unprofessional. That's what I take the most issue with I think, not that it's a bad review, every artist gets those and we all know Mika doesn't seek validation from everyone, it's the way this one was written. If you don't like something, that's fine, but try and be intelligent about getting your opinion across, at least that way even if people don't agree with you they can still respect you.

Thank you and agreed - the review felt like less of an informed review and more of the reviewer just whining about the past because they can't roll with the present. Quite unprofessional. That's what I take the most issue with I think, not that it's a bad review, every artist gets those and we all know Mika doesn't seek validation from everyone, it's the way this one was written. If you don't like something, that's fine, but try and be intelligent about getting your opinion across, at least that way even if people don't agree with you they can still respect you.

Exactly!  :thumb_yello:

and well said Mary Elisabeth, you rocks  :wink2:  :clap:

The only one who once wanted became a new Robbie Williams was the media, UK and Germany celebrated him as new Robbie Williams in 2007 but theydid not ask waht Mika thinks about that and he "disapointed" them in being himself.. I love Mika and his music and it depends not on a chart postion or journalist meanings somewhere( also I wish him the top)

• Like 1

Well said! :thumb_yello: I agree with everything you've mentioned here.  What I'd really love to see is the reviewer's face if/when he sees this! :naughty:

The only one who once wanted became a new Robbie Williams was the media, UK and Germany celebrated him as new Robbie Williams in 2007 but theydid not ask waht Mika thinks about that and he "disapointed" them in being himself.. I love Mika and his music and it depends not on a chart postion or journalist meanings somewhere( also I wish him the top)

Exactly.  I actually quite like Robbie Williams but his music should not be compared to Mika, their styles are really very different.  I agree, Mika has every right to be himself; there is absolutely nothing wrong with being individual.  I also wish there was more promotion of the new album in Germany for you - it is a shame how many critics are permanently stuck in 2007.

Well said! :thumb_yello: I agree with everything you've mentioned here.  What I'd really love to see is the reviewer's face if/when he sees this! :naughty:

Exactly.  I actually quite like Robbie Williams but his music should not be compared to Mika, their styles are really very different.  I agree, Mika has every right to be himself; there is absolutely nothing wrong with being individual.  I also wish there was more promotion of the new album in Germany for you - it is a shame how many critics are permanently stuck in 2007.

My wish too, but all promo what happend, happend during fans... so we will never get a gig here.. fpr gods sake we are good travellers