[ Le Prophète ] Mika narrator and main character's voice

Kumazzz

NEWS !!

Le Prophète : Mika sera la voix française du film d’animation événement

http://www.premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cinema/Le-Prophete-Mika-sera-la-voix-francaise-du-film-d-animation-evenement-4193802

16/06/2015 - 11h10

Le-Prophete-Mika-sera-la-voix-francaise-© DR

Le Prophète, présenté en ouverture du Festival d’Annecy 2015, a trouvé sa voix française de son narrateur et personnage principal.

Le Prophète a ouvert hier soir le Festival international du film d'animation d'Annecy : un projet hyper ambitieux produit par Salma Hayek de porter sur grand écran le livre-poésie-philosophique de Khalil Gibran sous la direction de Roger Allers (co-réalisateur du Roi Lion), qui a réuni pour ce faire plusieurs réalisateurs et réalisatrices des quatre coins du monde (Joan Gratz, Joann Sfar, Tomm Moore, Bill Plympton...) chargés chacun d'animer un passage différent de l'ouvrage. Le tout est lié par le récit de Mustafa, un poète emprisonné pour dissidence, à une fillette muette dans une cité orientale imaginaire...

Et si le poète est doublé en version originale par Liam Neeson, on vient d'apprendre que c'est le chanteur anglais (et francophone) Mika qui fera la voix française du personnage principal. "Mika est d'origine libanaise, comme Gibran, donc le projet compte beaucoup pour lui", a expliqué en conférence de presse le producteur du film Clark Peterson. De la voix grave de Liam à celle plus juvénile et enjouée du chanteur en français, il y a donc une sacrée différence mais pour avoir vu le film, on vous assure que l'idée d'engager Mika est très intéressante. En tous cas ce sera une première pour le juré de The Voice, dont la contribution au cinéma se limite pour l'instant à la chanson "Kick-Ass (We Are Young)" écrit spécialement pour la bande originale de Kick-Ass en 2010.

Bande-annonce du Prophète, en salles françaises le 2 décembre 2015 :

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 6

Very nice news, thank you.

It would have been more interesting if Mika had written the soundtrack.

Anyway the soundtrack is by Glen Hansard, Academy Awards winner for the movie Once. :thumb_yello:

So the main character will be younger in french version, since Liam Neeson is so much older than Mika. ;)

Why everybody thinks he will create a younger character? His deep voice can be really deep, and a mature character is not hard work for him at all.

Why everybody thinks he will create a younger character? His deep voice can be really deep, and a mature character is not hard work for him at all.

From the pics I saw, the character doesn't seem old to me!

In my opinion the character seems about 35/40 years old. So no problem for the choice of the deep voice of Mika.

So, finally, I'm just surprised that they choose a 63 years old in english version.

In my opinion the character seems about 35/40 years old. So no problem for the choice of the deep voice of Mika.

So, finally, I'm just surprised that they choose a 63 years old in english version.

Well prophets usually talk in a deep voice to be mysterious and cool????????:)

Edited by snowli

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it the good place for this topic and if we already talk about that but I'm going for it  :yes:  (sorry if my english is not good, 'cause it's not my mother tongue)

The Prophet is a cartoon produced by Salma Hayek adapted from the philosophical work of Khalil Gibran. It was directed by Roger Allers  ( The Lion King) . "The Prophet"  openned the  Annecy AnimationFestival in june 2015. It will be on screen in december 2015

The story is about a poet,Mustapha (Mika- Liam Neeson for VO), who is a political under house arrest and a little 8 yrs old girl who will become friends . But one day, the government learns to Mustafa he is finally released, than the soldiers immediately take him to a boat that should take him back to his country. Along the way, Mustafa expressed his view of life and his poetry to the people on the island where he was a prisoner. The little girl called Almitra, will follow him in secret but when the child understands that the government reserves a doom to Mustafa, she decides to try anything to help him.

I don't know if there will be some songs in that cartoon as in Disney's ones, but I think it could be a good thing to hear Mika in another exercise  :original:

• Like 3

Hi!  thanks for posting, we already have a thread about that though, so I'm going to merge the 2 threads together :original:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31958-mika-narrator-and-main-characters-voice-in-the-animated-movie-the-prophet-in-french-2015/

Thank you Mari , there are so many topics , I hadn't see this one  :doh:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nous Deux September 8 to 14, 2015

Translation into English: 

Judge and coach in The Voice since 2014, when he replaced Louis Bertignac, Mika managed to find his place. His pop elegance brought a lot to the third season, which was in fact won by Kendji Girac. If this fourth season was he admits leaves him :"A bit disapointed, however he could sing for the first time during those shows his latest singles, Talk About You and Good Guys.
He doesn't exclude to do the next season, he "likes this exercice". The only problem being, his program is already very full for the next month: a world tour, XFactor TV show in Italy, a staging project in England and dub voicing for a long cartoon. In 2016 he will also play a small part in a movie by Ben Stiller with Justin Bieber among others , Zoolander 2.

"dub voicing for a long cartoon" :thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...

Pathé Distribution

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pathedistribution/photos/a.10150502922259289.425345.86640179288/10153638874394289/?type=3&theater

12038373_10153638874394289_6029975991860

Dans le dessin animé événement LE PROPHETE, Salma Hayek Pinault (productrice du film) et MIKA prêtent leur voix.
Vous aimeriez leur poser une question sur leur rapport au cinéma, au doublage et aux films d’animations ?
Laissez-la nous en commentaire, ou venez vous-même leur poser à la Fnac des Ternes, vendredi 2 octobre !

google translation

(In the drawing animé event hosted LE PROPHET, Salma Hayek Pinault (producer of the film) and MIKA lend their voices.
You would like to ask them a question about their relationship to cinema, dubbing and animated films?
Let us in the comments, or just ask them yourself at the Fnac des Ternes, Friday, October 2nd!)

• Like 1

Twitter

https://twitter.com/mikasounds/status/649930656865198080

Heureux de vous dévoiler l'affiche du film #LeProphète auquel @salmahayek et moi prêtons nos voix en français :) Au cinéma le 2 décembre !

https://twitter.com/mikasounds/status/649930823349731329

#LeProphète

CQUEnQfWUAARglp.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2