2015 - Estivale Open Air Festival, Switzerland - 30 July - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICS

mari62

Hi everyone :)

I don't have time for a proper report as Kate (miss lollipop54) is still with me and we're about to leave home to go to Montreux :)

The gig was GREAT!! there was such a good wibes from the crowd! everyone was singing and dancing from the very beginning to the end so we really had fun! Kate and I plus 2 other friends of mine were on the right side of the stage, at the back but as the place was really small we had a very nice view on the stage plus lot's of space to dance as we wanted so it was a perfect spot for us!

I can't remember the whole setlist but he didn't sing promiseland. He sang staring at the sun and I was very happy to hear it live. He also did over my shoulder which was an absolut highlight for me :)

He was very chatty during the show and he obviously enjoyed havong such a responsive audience in front of him.

At one point a littl girl from the association "make a wish" got on stage with him and she really had fun dancing with him. It was amazing to see and the crowd went crazy to see her dancing and having such a good time on stage! it really was lovely to see :)

He did not stop at the end of the show but there were many people waiting for him (the Voice is also popular here unfortunately...) and as some of them were behaving like stupid mad animals in the end I'm pretty happy he did not get to see that and deal with those crazy girls screaming and running after every car.

I'll make a full report later with some videos I've taken but you'll have to be patient as Kate is here until monday and we're getting ready for our swiss national day tomorrow :)

• Like 6

Mika at the interview of Radiofr on Estivalefsgafx26.jpgv2rbumvi.jpgb6ddwp72.jpg

and a few pictures before the concert by Radiofreomc936h.jpg83rwkpsn.jpg3lfnx7ig.jpgeap3jeqp.jpgd69w795p.jpgxnfxyqqm.jpgqv8fhvnz.jpg

Aaaww familiar faces... I miss them so much

• Like 2

Hi everyone  :)

I don't have time for a proper report as Kate (miss lollipop54) is still with me and we're about to leave home to go to Montreux  :)

We went there as well! Loved it!!!!!

He did not stop at the end of the show but there were many people waiting for him (the Voice is also popular here unfortunately...) and as some of them were behaving like stupid mad animals in the end I'm pretty happy he did not get to see that and deal with those crazy girls screaming and running after every car.

There were lots of people at the beginning, but then they left. There were only like, I don't know, 30 people left in the end? 
After we saw Black Blocks trying to grab every leaving car, Myriam and I spread the voice not to scare the c**p out of him, and I think they got it.

So I am not happy he didn't stop, but whatever. I enjoyed the gig a lot, I mean, A LOT. And I got to say Hi to you, like three times, so I call it a win  :wink2: 
My body probably didn't as much, as every muscle of mine is aching. I guess that's how life tells you that you should work out. 

Thank God I have now two days off to recover and who knows who knows I might write a report as well, especially when I haven't write Caribana and Fabrique and Cattolica (soVVy), which means I am on a guilt trip since ever. 

VIPs do share the same interviewer.  :shun:

fsgafx26.jpg

eomc936h.jpg

Edited by Elwendin
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed watching most of this show -- thanks to Tatiana who broadcast it on Periscope! :thumb_yello:

qv8fhvnz.jpg

Hey! We're FAMOUS! Way to go MFC! :hi5:

VIPs do share the same interviewer.  :shun:

Ha! That's pretty funny! So where can we see the interview of the VIPs?

• Like 1

Ha! That's pretty funny! So where can we see the interview of the VIPs?

His it's at about 25th minute   http://lci.tf1.fr/jt-13h/videos/2015/le-13-heures-du-31-juillet-2015-8638607.html

Mine who knows, lost in the cyberspace. 

If anyone wants to look for a pic of themselves, take a look over here: http://ch.tilllate.com/it/photoalbum/overview/10874502?ref=eventsubsite-hereitgoesbutton#p1

Edited by Elwendin
  • Like 1

Don't know how to post pictures.... :shocked:

if somebody can help ,it will be a pleasure to share them.

Anyway it was such a great gig : the venue ,the crowd involvment ,the set list ,Mika's mood and voice ....even the weather.....everything was perfect ! :wub:

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Daeni and me decided a long time before to do this home gig for Daeni together. But then, after Daeni had suffered in Paris at #Fnac gig a kidney crack, this gig was suddenly under a very bad rating.On the weekend before Daeni was still in the hospital so but short before she could leave the hospital - with a still bleeding kidney. But we (Daeni) decided that she would try to go.
They before accidently Daeni found out that you could buy also VIP tickets and we decided to buy 2 because we possibly wanted to watch from the lounge when it would otherwise be too strenuous for Daeni. Well, fortunately it went Daeni good enough for front row.

The gig was fantastic and enormously energetic! How Nanou wrote the crowd were wonderful, Mika was in very good mood from the beginning of show until the end and chatty - even I didn't understand him enough to write here what he said. Only with Billy Brown I have the personal problem that meanwhile I'm really boring with this song. But after BB he sang Staring at the sun, and event it's not my absolutly favourite song from NIPH, LIVE it was terrific (for me). It blew me away completly.

Daeni had bought  2000 glow sticks for the audience. I thank all those who helped in distributing the light sticks. It worked much better than I thought, although some took had a way too much around her necks  :teehee: ans some took the opportunity and put the whole package home how I saw afterward.   :doh: But all in all the glow sticks from Nanou and Daeni and all the others which had brought looked very nice.

How Elwendin said we were around 30-50 people when Mika passed by. The only "good" thing we didn't wait the whole night, it was "only" 1:30 am.   :)

Edited by Graciosa
  • Like 3

http://imgur.com/ or you can do a public album on facebook and we'll aaaaall go peep in there. 

This is an app for i-phone ,I'm only using a PC

But can send the pictures by mail to somebody who know how to do

Just let me know your email by MP

http://imgur.com/ or you can do a public album on facebook and we'll aaaaall go peep in there. 

This is an app for i-phone ,I'm only using a PC

But can send the pictures by mail to somebody who know how to do

Just let me know your email by MP

If you have a FB account,you can post them there,set the album "public" and share the link here  :wink2: Or you could upload them on Photobucket,then copy the IMG URL of the pic and paste it here,on that little green square from here:

Untitled1_zps3yrts73j.png

Edited by krysady

I think I may claim that I love Switzerland festivals. :swiss:   :wub2:

I mean, how could I not love a festival were toilets never run out of paper. And then I am closer To Switzerland than to most Italy, not to mention that they don't know what traffic is, which feels like home to me.

Ok, they might not be reasonable when it comes to prices. 7 euros (oops, sorry, francs as they won't accept euros and I wouldn't either when I would charge 5 euros for the change) for a tea and a coffee. 12 euros for 2 glasses of water. "Madam, are you kidding me?" (she actually was wrong and gave my money back but still). Anyway, except for the amount of money they demand to keep you alive (but remember that you can survive eating junk food you bought beforehand in your country), I am always happy with gigs in Switzerland (I attended only twice, somebody could say that it's not a reliable scientific statistics, but whatever). 

Trip: as I said, zero traffic, zero convoluted roads with multiple confusing directions, and zero bushes on the side of the road in case you can't hold your pee anymore. But they have parking lots with real toilets and real paper, again. What a country. Just be careful on speed limits, they get really pissed when you overspeed them. I might have done it but I hope they didn't notice. 

Hotel: we booked a hotel which was 1 km far from the venue. Imagine our surprise when I followed my navigator right into the festival. The hotel was litterally squeezed between the lake and the little stage. Our room's view was on the little harbor, and when I say "on", I mean it. The water was hitting our wall. That was very nice and very convenient, as I could go back to my room when needed during the day, to change my clothes (quite cold in the morning, hot but not too much in the afternoon) or to ask the hotel manager for some paper to built a board. The man was very kind, even though he insisted in speaking in a very good italian, while I was all up for french. Oh, and we had wi-fi, password: Beyoncé. Well, what can I expect from a guy who asked me if I was there for MiLka....

Queue: all super relaxed. One girl even fall asleep for good at one point, her mouth wide open. There were a few people only, and it was pleasant to meet some french girls. We had music, we had company, we also went for a walk in the village. It was more like chilling out on the spot than queueing.

Security: they were kind enough, although they can't outdo Caribana's. In Caribana they provided us with tons of unlimited water, sunscreen, shadow and earplugs. In Estivale with only got earplugs and water (but not anymore once in the festival, cause they needed us to cough up some bucks for it). In Caribana the security would help to guarantee peace and justice in all over the kingdom, while in Estivale they wouldn't have cared (no need to, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have.). In Caribana they came for the gate opening, and did their thing in an amazing way. People's tickets got scanned one by one, and they waited a few seconds before letting another fan in, so that people were almost walking their way to stage. In Estivale no one knew at what hour they would have opened the gate, since if you printed yout tickets many weeks ago, it would report 6 pm, if you got it printed the day before it would say 5.30 p.m. Besides security kept coming back and forth, discussing strategies on how to deal with the gate opening and explaining it to some volunteers who looked like they had no clue what they were doing there. That was a bit stressful, whereas in Caribana it was all peachy. Highlight: they allowed us to peep from the fence and take pics of the strage truck and the crew moving the gear, so that I now have some nice memories and have to explain to my friends from the real world that no, I did not have an all access pass :biggrin2: 
While we were waiting for Mika after the gig I chatted a bit with a security girl and she was telling us everything which was about to happen, so that no one was overreacting over a truck or something. "No one lose their mind, this is just a truck going away. I'll tell you when it's Mika". I told her we were pretty cool and that none of us would have jumped on the car or under a bus, but I guess she was concerned about how some girls behaved a ten metres afar, so she thought she better do her best to spread the coolness. I appreciated her very much for that and thought that only a woman could be so sensible to understand that lies and shenaningans do more harm than good and wind people up. When Mika didn't stop (and yeah, she kept her word and did tell us when he was about to leave) she was all sad for us. "You must be so disappointed" and I was like "ma'am, it's ok, we are used to it. Really, we are fine" So sweet, she wouldn't believe me. 

Support band: I always feel sad for them. They always are aware that we are there for Mika, but I always feel for them. This time, it was Talisco band. I have to say that they were ok, their music was pleasant and they were likeable. Some of us were sitting with their backs to the barrier and instead of getting annoyed they joked about it ("what's that? a protest?") and went playful, singing for them while begging on their knees for people to stand up. It worked. 

What else? Oh right, the gig :biggrin2:

The gig. The setlist was pretty regular, he only sang the usual Talk about you, Good Guys and Staring at the Sun as new songs (I think), but I was very into it. My muscles are still aching today. I danced and jumped like crazy, altough I really should improve my knowledge of some lyrics, as it's pretty embarassing. Some of the songs he always plays are not my fav, what can I do. Luckily I do know most of them, so I think it's still ok. The crowd was reactive, they sang along and kept singing even while he wasn't anymore. I think he was really pleased with it, you can see it in a few moments, during Underwater for instance

(about minute 1.36, you can't actually really tell from the video but I promise he giggled with pleasure while clapping his hands). There were also people peepeing from the street for free and he said that they were overdoing the paying audience on the left side of the venue :floor:

Random thoughts: I appreciated his outfits very much. That little girl on stage was very cute and kept hitting him with her stick, very funny and of course her story is heartwarming. Confetti are the best thing ever, I feel over the moon every time the cannons shot them. And anyway I enjoyed the gig a lot. A lot a lot a lot. 

Sighseeing. The day after we visited Vevey and Montreux, they are really beautiful tiny towns by the lake. Chaplin lived in Vevey, I think, and Mercury recorded in Montreux back in the day. The weather and the company were awesome, I really made the most of this trip and am very pleased. 

I think that's pretty much all. Vive la Suisse.

PS Here you can find some pictures but do not bother if you are looking for pics about Mika. 

Edited by Elwendin
  • Like 1