2015 - Le Liberté - Rennes France - 18 September - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

dcdeb

OK, this is IT! The start of the new tour!

Come on and show us what you've got, Rennes! We're dying to see/hear! :excite:

According to French Deb, this was the set list:

Opened with No Place in Heaven, Big Girl, Good Wife, Grace Kelly, Boum Boum Boum, Good Guys, Talk About You, Origin of Love, PROMISELAND!!! :jawdrop: , Relax, Staring at the Sun, Rain, Underwater, L'amour, Elle Me Dit, Happy Ending, J'ai Pas Envie, Billy Brown, We Are Golden, Lollipop, Love Today, Last Party.

22 songs!

==========
REPORTS
==========

French Deb

==========
PICS
==========

==========
VIDEOS

==========

• Like 4

an article

Ouest-France

http://www.ouest-france.fr/concert-rennes-mika-amene-le-public-du-liberte-au-paradis-3697502

Concert à Rennes. Mika amène le public du Liberté au paradis

Rennes -18 Septembre

C'est ce soir, au Liberté à Rennes que Mika lance sa nouvelle tournée Heaven. Devant un public très jeune et survolté, le chanteur fait le show et les envoie au paradis.

A part un problème électrique qui a retardé le concert d'une trentaine de minutes, le public du Liberté est en folie ce soir. Sur la scène, un Mika survolté qui les invite à un voyage au paradis. Embarquement immédiat avec comme vaisseau, une caravane plantée sur la scène et qui cache bien des secrets.

Quant au public, très jeune, il a très vite pardonné le petit retard et reprend en choeur les tubes de Mika... La soirée ne fait que commencer...

• mika-amene-le-pulblic-du-liberte-au-para
  • Mika est en très grande forme ce soir à Rennes. | Ouest-France.
  •  

post-18723-0-67634100-1442620673_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Deb and Eriko. Have been dying to see the set list. SO delighted to see promiseland and good wife in there!!

Will we EVER lose Billy Brown???? No.

Looking forward to reading all about it.

Edited by kath
  • Like 3

Thanks Deb and Eriko. Have been dying to see the set list. SO delighted to see promiseland and good wife in there!!

Will we EVER lose Billy Brown???? No.

Looking forward to reading all about it.

Also I wouldn't miss Big Girl if it was gone, I think Oh girl would do better :biggrin2:

But I'm super happy with this set list, and Promiseland, Good Wife and No Place in Heaven are just perfect, although I watched Promiseland on a vid, and something was odd to me, he looked a little lost, but I'm totally sure it will get better :yes:

• Like 2

Here is the video Elwendin mentioned, Promiseland by tiibet: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zzEVoj2QM :wub2:

I think he wasn't sure with the lyrics and once started too early, maybe that's why he looked "lost"?

Thanks for sharing your video Nina and thanks for posting the link here Karin. :flowers2:

I'm so glad he is not wearing a Valentino suit  :whew:. I hope it stays this way. 

Edited by DutchAnnie
  • Like 2

His stage outfits are so much like his early days ones..... I love that  :)

Yes!! Right?? I dont know exactly when...but, he wears only suits on the concerts this year...and suddenly, he turn his outfit and wears jackets and i notice - scarf on his hip like he used to :) , iam so glad for this outfits...

iam so excited about this gig...the arrangement of stage was different, i liked the old one - it was colourful and happy :) , but...this one has its own magic too

i cant wait to see the videos

• Like 1

I love the set, the clothes, the play list (maybe except Billy Brown).  After a tough couple of weeks I wasn't looking forward to

the gigs I'm going to but having seen Nina's video... that excited feeling is starting to build. :boing:

• Like 2

Hello dear MFcers !

So happy to come here and reading from you  :)

I was at Rennes last night, it's nearly my home town so couldn't miss the show.

Sorry, I don't have pics or vids cause I wanted to enjoy the show the best I could ! And what can I say... It was awesome !  :wub:

For the setlist, I'm not sure, but a friend of mine post this one on the French Forum and I think we're close to the truth !

1- No place in heaven
2- Big girl (you are beautiful) 
3- Good wife
4- Grace Kelly (with a part in French)
5- Boum Boum Boum 
6- Good Guys
7- Talk about you 
8- Origin of love + Outro (changed the set)
9- Relax take it easy
10- Promiseland  
11- Rain
12- Staring at the sun (the english/french version) 
13- Underwater 
14- L'amour fait ce qu'il veut 
15- Elle me dit 
16- Billy Brown
17- J'ai pas envie 
18- Happy ending  
19- Lollipop 
20- We are golden 
21- Love today 
22- Last party 

I was so happy to see him again, my last real show was this amazing gig in Nantes in november 2012, when he brought me on stage to sing with him  :wub: . I have been to a festival in summer 2013 but it's not the same !

So I arrived at the venue after work at 6 PM, and managed to be in the 5/6 rows. It was really good for me. I was with a friend of mine and people in front of us were small so we could see him very well.

There was a problem with the sound in the venue, so the show was late at started at 9.30 PM

Then he arrived... with a very quiet, an nearly a-capella version of No place in heaven... it was so beautiful  :wub:

Then he didn't stop during 1.50 hour ! He said he was sorry to be late, but he's lebanese so it's normal ! But then said this time it wasn't his fault.

He was very chatty, only spoke in French except when he spoke to his musicians. he said he was very happy to finally start this show and was thrilled by the vibes in the venu ! Yeah, we rock in Brittany !  :fisch:

I think he choose the perfect setlist... the best combo of his 4 albums. And is voice was amazing... One of the best time for me : it's the beginning of the tour so he is in a really good shape with the perfect voice  :wub:

The show was really well mastered. I find him more and more professional, and more and more grown up ! But in the good way. He still have this part of crazyness in him, but he knows how to manage it to empowered his show ! 

I don't know how to explain myself, but he can be proud of this new show, it was nearly perfection  :thumb_yello:

He just made some mistakes with some lyrics, especially the new French songs and made funny faces !

Well to sum up :

- perfect setlist

- perfect show

- perfect audience : 

- perfect Mika !!

We waited him outside. So happy to see "old" MFcers as Tiibet and his friend (sorry, I don't remember your name...)  :hug:

There were two exits, and we chose the wrong one  :doh:

When he got to his car, we run at the orther exit, but there were too many people. He just went out his car a few seconds to sign a few autographs but he didn't spoke to protect his voice. Then he went to his car, and went away. We just said "hi" and he waved at people by the closed window. Some people run after the car whe he stopped to the trafic light :sneaky2:

Thanks Mika for this amazing evening... :wub:  It was my only show of the tour, but hope he will come back in the west part of France next year !

I wish you all, dear MFCers, to enjoy the upcoming shows :hug:

Cheers 

Edited by French Deb
  • Like 16

Hello dear MFcers !

So happy to come here and reading from you  :)

I was at Rennes last night, it's nearly my home town so couldn't miss the show.

Sorry, I don't have pics or vids cause I wanted to enjoy the show the best I could ! And what can I say... It was awesome !  :wub:

For the setlist, I'm not sure, but a friend of mine post this one on the French Forum and I think we're close to the truth !

1- No place in heaven

2- Big girl (you are beautiful) 

3- Good wife

4- Grace Kelly (with a part in French)

5- Boum Boum Boum 

6- Good Guys

7- Talk about you 

8- Origin of love + Outro (changed the set)

9- Relax take it easy

10- Promiseland  

11- Rain

12- Staring at the sun (the english/french version) 

13- Underwater 

14- L'amour fait ce qu'il veut 

15- Elle me dit 

16- Billy Brown

17- J'ai pas envie 

18- Happy ending  

19- Lollipop 

20- We are golden 

21- Love today 

22- Last party 

I was so happy to see him again, my last real show was this amazing gig in Nantes in november 2012, when he brought me on stage to sing with him  :wub: . I have been to a festival in summer 2013 but it's not the same !

So I arrived at the venue after work at 6 PM, and managed to be in the 5/6 rows. It was really good for me. I was with a friend of mine and people in front of us were small so we could see him very well.

There was a problem with the sound in the venue, so the show was late at started at 9.30 PM

Then he arrived... with a very quiet, an nearly a-capella version of No place in heaven... it was so beautiful  :wub:

Then he didn't stop during 1.50 hour ! He said he was sorry to be late, but he's lebanese so it's normal ! But then said this time it wasn't his fault.

He was very chatty, only spoke in French except when he spoke to his musicians. he said he was very happy to finally start this show and was thrilled by the vibes in the venu ! Yeah, we rock in Brittany !  :fisch:

I think he choose the perfect setlist... the best combo of his 4 albums. And is voice was amazing... One of the best time for me : it's the beginning of the tour so he is in a really good shape with the perfect voice  :wub:

The show was really well mastered. I find him more and more professional, and more and more grown up ! But in the good way. He still have this part of crazyness in him, but he knows how to manage it to empowered his show ! 

I don't know how to explain myself, but he can be proud of this new show, it was nearly perfection  :thumb_yello:

He just made some mistakes with some lyrics, especially the new French songs and made funny faces !

Well to sum up :

- perfect setlist

- perfect show

- perfect audience : 

- perfect Mika !!

We waited him outside. So happy to see "old" MFcers as Tiibet and his friend (sorry, I don't remember your name...)  :hug:

There were two exits, and we chose the wrong one  :doh:

When he got to his car, we run at the orther exit, but there were too many people. He just went out his car a few seconds to sign a few autographs but he didn't spoke to protect his voice. Then he went to his car, and went away. We just said "hi" and he waved at people by the closed window. Some people run after the car whe he stopped to the trafic light :sneaky2:

Thanks Mika for this amazing evening... :wub:  It was my only show of the tour, but hope he will come back in the west part of France next year !

I wish you all, dear MFCers, to enjoy the upcoming shows :hug:

Cheers 

Thanks so much for the setlist, Deb! And the lovely report! So happy you got to see him under such great conditions! :thumb_yello:

YouTube videos

SPECIAL ONE !!!

shared by tiibet, thanks a lot Nina !! :wub:

Mika - Promiseland @ Le Liberte, Rennes

Very special to me, I must admit. I'm so happy to see this, even though he flubbed it in a few spots. I hope that doesn't discourage him from keeping it in the set.

And I kept thinking I had seen that jacket before... and it finally came to me.

September 21, 2009

DSC08471.jpg

DSC08452.jpg

• Like 6

I'm sorry I'm so late reporting, but on Saturday and Sunday , I was still in Rennes for my aunt's birthday and I couldn't be faster...here is my report and I also recorded the whole audio on my phone, but I need help on how to share it ...

I died and went to heaven with Mika in Rennes :swoon::fangurl::swoon:
The concert was supposed to start at eight. I was worried I would be very far from the stage as my husband didn't take a day off as I did so we left really late. I think it was seven PM when he dropped me off by Le Liberté building. There were several doors open but one of them was for people with invitations (the short queue one) I was desperate when I saw how long the second queue was as I was walking backwards to the start of the queue...it was soooo long I ended up turning around before the end of the queue and getting back into it. There was a circus doing a free show on the square around which we were queing with big red trucks , llamas and other animals. I thought that fit real well for a Mika concert. Finally the queue speeded up and I was in. I was so late already anyway that there was no way I would be front row so I bought water as I had forgotten my bottle in the camping car and a Mika cup and a Mika keyring with the colors of No Place in Heaven which made me very happy. I wasn't as far as him as I thought I was going to be , which was really nice.  My backpack was filled up because I had my two chicken in there and my book of poems that I wanted to give him , and extra batteries for my phone. I can't take night pics with it, but I recorded the whole audio :wub2:

This is the setlist which I'm sure of because I checked the audio and it's amazing! 22 songs :swoon:
1.No Place in Heaven 
2.Big Girls (You are beautiful) 
3.Good Wife
4.Grace Kelly (with a little French)
5.Boum Boum Boum
6. Talk About You
7.Good Guys
8.The Origin Of Love
9.Relax (Take it easy)
10.Promised Land
11.Staring at the sun (with French parts) 
12.Rain
13.Underwater
14. L'amour fait ce qu'il veut
15.Elle Me Dit
16.Happy Ending
17.J'ai pas envie
18.Billy Brown
19.We Are Golden
20.Lollipop
21.Love Today
Encore: Last Party
The concert started a lot later than it was meant to because there was a sound problem that the tech people had to fix first, some people getting upset , even kind of rude... et first we didn't know what was going on (and the first group Citizen! had had no sound problems) but after a while we were told that there was a sound problem and that it would be fixed soon. Those weren't Mika fans, because all Mika fans know about Mika soon, and they learn to be patient :naughty:
All we could see on the stage was a little white caravan like the one my parents had when I was a kid!
Once Mika was on stage, he's so good, everyone forgot about having waited immediatly :lmfao: I think his new show is more like the older once as he said with lots of staging, stories very complete and almost like theater at times and also including songs like the wizard of oz at the beginning and Prince also some jazz..
I cried when I heard No Place in Heaven live, it was so moving and beautiful, it was almost unplugged , you heard only his voice ,  The Origin of Love made me cry too  as it took me by surprise and Underwater as well , as always with Underwater , and Good Wife made me cry with happiness as I was so happy he was singing it , it's my fav of No Place in Heaven :biggrin2:  His voice was unbelievable, so pure and so sweet :wub2:
It was like all songs were new songs, because there was a lot of rythm, like each song would start with an intro and go from soft to lots of rythm and loud music and the end of the song would be very very sweet again, like a lulluby. The whole show was like that amazing and fabulous, making old songs seem new by Mika's magic :wub2:
The intro to Lollipop was hilarious, as he said Doriand was too expensive a translator, so he started to translate Lollipop into French , litterally , which cracked all the public up, because it was the wierdest thing in French :bleh: He stopped at "whore" because he said there were children in the audience, then he sang it into English. 
He messed up a bit with L'amour fait ce qu'il veut he sang twice il me tatoue dans le dos because he didn't remember the right words, but he caught up really well and I'm pretty sure only fans noticed. 
Promised Land live was more upbeat than on the CD, so I liked it better live and the chorus made the audience dance along.
I forgot to say that the whole concert was like a huge party, everyone who was by the stage was dancing and smiling and having lots of fun, and some people who were seated got up to dance too. The concert place was full! Yet, people were respecful and there was room enough to dance, unlike in the festivals. 
At some moment Mika ended up with woman underpants into his hands (big and white) ...I have no idea if that was something that someone had thrown at him or part of the show, but he looked at it like WTF is this? That was before he sang J'ai pas envie and he called the underwear bad names (culotte de m****) which made everyone laugh of course.
I loved the new props on the stage, everything is beautiful and magical, changing colors all the time depending on the songs. At first there was the caravan, then a glittery golden heaven sign came down and at times demons and angels popped out on top of the caravan . The gate of heaven was there too and gorgeous :wub2:  and Mika once opened the door during the show. 
There was also a funny cute intro to Elle Me Dit : Mika  was Rodger rabbit and Joy was Jessica and they were talking like in the movie :naughty: so he asked her how much do you love me? and she was supposed to answer with a sexy voice. I was like OMG is he going to sing How much do you love me ? but no after that he asked her do you want to dance with me and she said yes and he said no j'veux pas danser , he tried to make Joy speak French too, but she doesn't and then he sang Elle Me Dit. (He changed to lyrics to say that he was more than thirty)
Lots and lots of people were filming I'm sure there will be vids on youtube. It was so emotional. 
Mika was very happy and hyper, and totally on fire.
During Boum Boum Boum, he did a very sexy danse, but it's best to watch the youtube vid because I don't want to go to the naughty corner if I explain what he did :mikadas:  He also wore a boxing glove for a moment. 
He changed his jackets a lot at first the Molitor one ? then a blue one then no jacket, then one with glitter in all colors,   and he was dressed in with a white shirt and white pants. 
I can't believe how much energy he gave us and how generous he was on stage. 
Because the whole show ended later as it had started later, my husband was waiting for me outside and we couldn't leave the camping car in Rennes for the night, so I had to leave when I wanted to wait for him after the show...I was told by another French girl who had been able to wait that  he had spent  5 minutes outside with his fans, but he didn't speak for the sake of his voice. I wish I could have given him my book and showed him my two chicken, but for all these things another concert I'll have to wait...hopefully not another life :aah:  My husband is not a fan, so he seems to think a meeting with Mika is enough, but I don't....
However Mika gave so much during the concert that I was very very very happy , so I was less sad that I was when I missed him at The Voice for the same reasons... 
It was a fantastic show, he thanked us for helping him test his new show , which was very sweet :wub2:
I didn't mind waiting at all and it was funny because he said "I'm always late, that's because of the Lebanese part in me, but then he said, I'm always late , but for once it wasn't my fault" and he laughed. 
I had such a wonderful time and 22 songs with as much energy and power, that was out of the world and totally heavenly, so his new tour totally deserves to be called "Heaven tour"
The only problem is I want to go back to Heaven with Mika now :crybaby:
Starting the tour is great , but I want more... thankfully some wonderful MFCers are sharing wonderful videos on youtube and on periscope which helps a lot , so thanks to everyone who shares so much from the bottom of my heart , and thanks so much to Mika , I think his new show is the best ever and he's even more daring and alive on stage, of course he always was , but his new openess is totally irresistible , he's always been, but he has gained strength and assertiveness while staying as playful as my pup Mikado :wub2:
My name is Anne and I'm forever a Mika fan :fangurl:
I wish everyone who's going to see him to have the best time ever :group_hug:
Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 10

Thanks a lot for lovely details of your reports !!! :wub:

Could you share the audio file if you have time to do ? ( SoundCloud is very useful. https://soundcloud.com/ )

Here it is, I hope that works , please try it and let me know , it's my first soundcloud upload...

https://soundcloud.com/princess-anne-penniman/mika-rennes-18092015

:Update:

When I uploaded Bercy audio , Rennes one was hidden by Soundcloud, but I reuploaded it here with a second account  https://soundcloud.com/mika-tofudoll

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

I don't need to tell you how amazing the show was. But I would like to share my pictures with you.

I uploaded them here: http://s745.photobucket.com/user/Statue_of_Liberty/library/Mika%20at%20Le%20Liberte%20Rennes%2018th%20September%202015

Here are some examples:

Rennes_34_zpscumk6xbt.jpg

Rennes_55_zpsppdrvveg.jpg

Rennes_55_zpsppdrvveg.jpg

Rennes_139_zpsmyx5fke5.jpg

• Like 5

I don't need to tell you how amazing the show was. But I would like to share my pictures with you.

I uploaded them here: http://s745.photobucket.com/user/Statue_of_Liberty/library/Mika%20at%20Le%20Liberte%20Rennes%2018th%20September%202015

Thanks a lot for sharing, photos are so beautiful !! :fangurl:

Could you let me know... what is white thingy ???

Rennes_93_zps3szmz0fe.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1