Beautiful Disaster - Lyrics & Discussion

I tried to translate Fedez's part, it maybe doesn't make much sense because there are a lot of puns in Italian, but just in case you were wondering what he says, here it is.

I keep repeating it in my mind just not to fall asleep

I stay awake because the best is yet to vanish

to dream about a different way of getting up again

like the rain falling without ever getting hurt

where did you come from? says an uncertain voice

I don't know but we entered by an open wound

the scars tell us to stay among the weaks

we talk using the permanent sign language

like yesterday you weren't there

hereditary problems, unlucky heiresses

because who criticizes you often is the first one to slay you

when throwing a stone means more than a plea

they told us not all that glitters is gold

but they said so because all that glitters is theirs

now I want to shout out loud, life sucks but the view is amazing

I take those pieces of life I lived by mistake

and I turn them into little worthy emotions

some live no matter what, some live locked up in a bunker

those who live in the light can see the beginning of the tunnel

with a heart of stone, you with a guilty conscience

sick and tired of sticking our heads in the anger

eating the dirt, flavoring the soil

now we seek peace even at the cost of making war against you

with 24 thousand kisses maybe Judas would've wiped us out

feeling inadequate, feeling one of many

a wasted occasion turns men into thieves of regrets

predatories born with a guilty soul

report your life for misleading happiness

and to all of us grown up in dark rooms

where every asshole lies and the truth does too

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 3

I just bought the song.... oh well it's not so bad the song even if it gives me the impression that they are two different songs: one about love and one about something that I still don't understand... By the way, it's nice, the sound is catchy and if it will be released as a single it could make success.

I'm very curious to listen the Mika's version where there's no Fedez. 

Edited by Lucrezia

Ok, i bought it.

Just my duty of fan... :angel_not:

it was very difficult to buy a song with a cover image that ugly and  vulgar   :sneaky2:

Amazon.it admits to buy just the single...  

i would never have bought the whole album... no way  :punk:

P.S.

Are these grey balls on the cover an intestine ? Horrible, horrible graphics! Miss Yasmine please: dimitte illis non enim sciunt quid faciunt

I'm proud of you, you're such a #goodfan :yeah: 

Edited by Valmont69

I just bought the song.... oh well it's not so bad the song even if it gives me the impression that they are two different songs: one about love and one about something that I still don't understand... By the way, it's nice, the sound is catchy and if it will be released as a single it could make success.

Oh, I didn't know that we'll have a different version on Mika's repacking!

Where did you read that?

I'm hearing "My life I'd give away for this" and "One night can make it worth it all"

And I'm starting to hear "I get this feeling I can't risk" but I'm not very sure about that one...

I love this song, did not expect that! :teehee:

I'm hoping they'll perform it on X Factor :)

I'm sure they'll perform it!

At the first Live, or maybe they'll wait for Mika's repackaging!

Maybe we can try this solution... to go at music shops and ask: "please can i have a Mika song without annoying rap part?"   :tongue2:

When RAP knocks to my brain door:  :mfr_closed2:

even if i must admit this Fedex is quite good to pronounce so fast so much words  :hypo:

Maybe we can try this solution... to go at music shops and ask: "please can i have a Mika song without annoying rap part?"   :tongue2:

When RAP knocks to my brain door:  :mfr_closed2:

even if i must admit this Fedex is quite good to pronounce so fast so much words  :hypo:

:naughty: 

By the way I'm not bothered AT ALL by his voice :das:  :mf_rosetinted: 

By the way I'm not bothered AT ALL by his voice 

The voice is not bad, bass and deep... if only he could attend elocution lessons to avoid his lombard illiterate teenager accent.

He seems a good boy, he can try. Maybe he can save money for lessons renouncing on some useless tattoos.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I'm a bit prejudiced because i hate rap in general... or better... rap is very boring for me.  :sleep_1:

The refrain of the song title by Mika is nice but quite boring.

The rest of his part remember me the beat and the cadence of Celebrate.

:yeah:

They sound like two different songs put together without a theme.

The voice is not bad, bass and deep... if only he could attend elocution lessons to avoid his lombard illiterate teenager accent.

He seems a good boy, he can try. Maybe he can save money for lessons renouncing on some useless tattoos.  :ph34r:

:yeah:  :floor:  :floor:   :floor:

I have not much more to say......

It feels like they just threw 2 songs together without putting too much effort in it. 

Like "Hey, what should we do with this leftovers?"   "Just repack them into a meatloaf". 

Fedez can do better and Mika can do better. :dunno:

Oh man, there's one without the rapper? (fingers crossed  :crossed: )

This song has potential! Like it's not my ultimate favorite but the chorus is awesome!  :thumb_yello:

Edited by RayaBadran

Acttually I like this song. I use to listen rap (and Fedez sometimes) so the mix is good for me. This is not the best song of them, but I can listen it with big pleasure. I'm very interest about a live version ! 

• Like 1

Well the disaster part is certainly accurate wow. :shocked:

This is the worst rapping I have ever heard in my life. It just sounds like arythmic and tonally flat babbling. I was afraid all of Fedez's music was this bad and in fact all Italian rap but I have checked out some of his other songs and the rapping and the blend with the featured singers is far better in some of his other songs.

I like Mika's parts though and wish he'd done something like with with Pharrell (and others) that would have produced a better end result on the whole. Mika likes Kanye and I can't believe he is so tone-deaf when it comes to rap that he doesn't know this rapping is terrible.

It would be great if Mika does a sans Fedez version but I hope the mix is similar and doesn't sound dated like much of NPIH.

I like this song ! 

The mix of those two different styles are well-aligned. I knew Fedez's songs few time ago, even if rap isn't my cup of tea, I like what he does.

I only listened the record made by italian fans. When Mika is singing... Wow ! His voice is spectaular !!!

I'm angry against Spotify on the fact of they delete the listening of the song... :sneaky2: I couldn't hear it in better quality...

• Like 1

I like this song ! 

The mix of those two different styles are well-aligned. I knew Fedez's songs few time ago, even if rap isn't my cup of tea, I like what he does.

I only listened the record made by italian fans. When Mika is singing... Wow ! His voice is spectaular !!!

I'm angry against Spotify on the fact of they delete the listening of the song... :sneaky2: I couldn't hear it in better quality...

Finalmente!  :punk:

• Like 1

I really like the Mika parts, looking forward to hearing purely his version! He said there will be one? 

http://faremusic.it/2015/10/02/riedizione-di-no-place-in-heaven-con-mika-che-duetto-con-battiato-centre-of-gravity/

Basically: 
- repackage of NPIH will be out on November the 13th 
- there will be a second CD with OSM tracks
- there will be 5 "new" songs:  Beautiful disaster, Mika only; Beautiful disaster, along with Fedez; Centre of gravity (remake of a well known italian song), which will be released on November the 6th; Hurts, electropop version; Feels like love
- symphonic gig in Como: Affinis Consort orchestra, direction by Simon Leclerc (65 musicians + 16 backsingers)

I wonder if he will sing Beautiful Disaster in some of the upcoming gigs?
Edited by Elwendin
  • Like 5